Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:29:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Might have lost my bitcoins  (Read 1142 times)
AMD FTW (OP)

Activity: 317
Merit: 250

GET IN - Smart Ticket Protocol - Live in market!

View Profile
August 18, 2011, 04:04:13 AM

I had 26 bitcoins in mybitcoin ewallet when the ewallet site went down. I received 49% which was just shy of 13 bitcoins which they approved my claim 1 week ago or so. I provided my bitcoin wallet address which they requested for transferring. My mistake was I thought they wanted my original address and not the new address so my 13 bitcoins are unclaimed and can be seen in the bitcoin log. Is their a way for me to retrieve these bitcoins or are these forever lost.

It shows in the blockexplorer my bitcoin address to which the 13 bitcoins were sent, but they have not been redeemed. My original bitcoin address was the address that mybitcoin issued to me which I've had BTCGuild and deepbit send my mining bitcoins too. Essentially, I had mybitcoins site send my claim back to themselves since they originally issued me that bitcoin address.

GUTS | GET-Protocol ICO
smart-ticket protocol for events | live product with market traction!
BTC ANN | WEBSITE | BLOG | SANDBOX | WHITEPAPER | BOUNTY

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
fcmatt
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 18, 2011, 04:22:26 AM

I had 26 bitcoins in mybitcoin ewallet when the ewallet site went down. I received 49% which was just shy of 13 bitcoins which they approved my claim 1 week ago or so. I provided my bitcoin wallet address which they requested for transferring. My mistake was I thought they wanted my original address and not the new address so my 13 bitcoins are unclaimed and can be seen in the bitcoin log. Is their a way for me to retrieve these bitcoins or are these forever lost.

It shows in the blockexplorer my bitcoin address to which the 13 bitcoins were sent, but they have not been redeemed. My original bitcoin address was the address that mybitcoin issued to me which I've had BTCGuild and deepbit send my mining bitcoins too. Essentially, I had mybitcoins site send my claim back to themselves since they originally issued me that bitcoin address.

It seems to me that mybitcoin should indeed still have the coins or able to get them and you will have to contact them to get
any type of satisfaction. I am not sure how responsive they are though.
Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015

View Profile
August 18, 2011, 04:29:16 AM

I am not sure how responsive they are though.
They aren't responsive at all. The best thing you can do is ask the Bitcoin-Police (message SomeoneWeird) to look into this matter, but they haven't seen "Tom" since about when the claim page went up.

AMD FTW (OP)

View Profile
August 18, 2011, 06:39:46 AM

Thanks guys, for the suggestions. I'll go ahead and PM him

GUTS | GET-Protocol ICO
SomeoneWeird

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 18, 2011, 07:01:46 AM

mmm, not much we can do, sorry. Tom hasn't been on IRC since the claims page went up (as Maged said) and there have been lots of reports of people doing this. We've been trying to contact him with no luck. Hopefully he will send out all the coins to people who did this, but don't hold your breath.

AMD FTW (OP)

View Profile
August 18, 2011, 07:10:48 AM

Thanks for the reply

This whole thing seems very fishy to me. It's one thing if his site was truely compromised and people lost out on roughly half their coins. I'd understand and just move on. On the other hand, for him to disappear like this tells me that is intentions/motives may be trying to by himself time to run with the other half of our funds.

If I owned mybitcoins, I would have came out within 24 hrs for sure and explained what happened. I'd also be around for people that had comments or concerns.

GUTS | GET-Protocol ICO
SomeoneWeird

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 18, 2011, 07:15:24 AM

Thanks for the reply

This whole thing seems very fishy to me. It's one thing if his site was truely compromised and people lost out on roughly half their coins. I'd understand and just move on. On the other hand, for him to disappear like this tells me that is intentions/motives may be trying to by himself time to run with the other half of our funds.

If I owned mybitcoins, I would have came out within 24 hrs for sure and explained what happened. I'd also be around for people that had comments or concerns.

Yep, we're still investigating. Read the wiki if you need/want more info.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: