Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:07:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cloud mining?  (Read 1857 times)
Deltron (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 09:02:39 PM

Sorta new to all this, so bear with me here, but I'm noticing some ads here that are relating to cloud mining and/or VPN mining. It's an intriguing concept to me because mining from my gaming PC is leaving me in the shadows and nearly not worth it. I'm wondering if there are any cloud mining services that allow you to pay for their services with the coins that you mine. Sorta like.. a pool TX or something. That would be ideal for someone like me, since I'm basically completely off the grid and have no way to pay IRL money to a company online. No paypal, no nothing.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
vpasic

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 09:12:47 PM

Short and clear,
No!

Even if you have some money to spend, no cloud mining is worth biying!

Tips: 1Ejj8eANy2PLZVwrWUczkbQ8kQY2JhKqp6
kickbit

Activity: 276

In Blockchain We Trust!

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2013, 10:24:55 PM

Heh. Check the next topic: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=378439.0
I just wrote my own story about cloud mining at cex.io

BitMedia.IO - Advertise Your Bitcoin Project!

Realtime Bitcoin Price! Search - "Bitcoin price for Chrome" in Chrome App Store!
kowalsky

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2013, 10:57:57 PM

http://dogecoin.ga/dogecoin_mining_cloud_servers.htm Smiley

[̲̅$̲̅(̲̅5̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]
railzand

Activity: 462

Lux e tenebris

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 07:59:30 AM

Short and clear,
No!

Even if you have some money to spend, no cloud mining is worth biying!

This. you want group buys. and don't muck about with cexio or altcoins both too risky, they could collapse tomorrow. earn yourself a few hundredths of coins with your gpu, use pooler-miner with your cpu threads, point them both at hashco.ws or middlecoin. meanwhile sell your nvidia to a gamer and get a ati. give up games altogether, read this whole forum and everything else besides and sell that whole pc claiming she mines bitcoin very well, and build a scrypt mining rig. right now as an example you need BTC.2, may take some time to save up, to buy into a group buy, where you own a share of a big miner like the x-3 , for 40 ghs starting ~end Feb, see dzmc in my sig, you want round 17. r17 closing very soon, though, if you don't have .2 right now dz always comes up with something. have to say sorry dz his other open rounds right now not worth it. other group buys exist, almost all take btc, some are very scammy. or buy into kncminingop in my sig, they'll take even less than .2 (not sure why i settled on that figure, forgive me if i make assumptions). Their current gb is for a neptune but they might vote to change to x-3 as it comes sooner.
neither of these will run off with your btc, but neither can promise to make more if you invest
don't worry if you got shit all btc, don't compare self to big boys here. watch video in my sig.
treat every 1btc like it's worth $45,000 to half mil in 5 to ten tears
you have no credit card i guess, good dont bother, if you have a bank account or cash ever, use localbitcoins to buy bits of btc for cash or bank transfer. research it and your chosen merchant for a long time first

DrG
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 08:02:52 AM

Difficulty flips up 30% in a couple more blocks.  If cloud mining kinda didn't make sense before it will be overpriced in 15 minutes (unless it corrects itself properly).
bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2013, 08:48:07 PM

They're all scams

jamesc760

Activity: 448

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 11:44:48 PM

I have been cloud mining at cex.io and I have to say that I am totally convinced. I used to think I will just mine directly or buy into groupbuys here and that's exactly what I had done. I tried cex and now I have seen the light. It's the wave of the future. Resistance is futile. Cex is the borg, it's the juggernaught. All your bitcoins are belong there. Etc, etc, etc... Yes, I am ebullient and a happy koolaid drinker.

Yes, it's expensive at around 0.068 btc per GH/s. I started with a 2 GHs and quickly ramped up to over 12 GHs, just buying and selling and putting all proceeds back in.

I just think of it as my personal mining piggy bank. Rather than idling my bitcoins in a wallet, I am putting it to work. Price per GH/s will fluctuate constantly, so if you trade your GHs carefully, you can quickly ramp up like I did--PM me if you need further instructions.

I have my GPU's mining altcoins, have ASIC miners mining bitcoins, have dividends coming weekly from shares at groupbuys, and now I have cloud mining. Diversification, in one simple word. Not to mention bitcoins sitting in a cold storage off the grid.

If you are serious about investing or mining, you'd do well to diversify.

Should I lose electricity locally, I still have cloud mining, groupbuy shares. Should I lose cloud mining due to theft or whatnot, I still have my local miners. Should I lose groupbuys due to explicit expiration (all my groupbuys expire after 1 year), I can count on cloud mining and local mining. Etc, etc, etc...

Cloud mining the cex.io way is convenient, instant, and reliable. Yes, did I mention they are expensive? You get what you pay for.
Frozenace

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 01:08:19 AM

we just have to be sure to keep ghash.io <50% of total hashrate...

bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2013, 11:55:30 AM

puppets

high110

Activity: 728
Merit: 253

A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 01:06:12 PM

I have using Cex.io - really hope it does not go down.  I also do a few group buys as well.  check out all your options.

███
             █████
            ███████
           █████████
          ███████████
         █████████████
        ███████ ███████
       ███████   ███████
      ███████     ███████
     ███████       ███████
    ███████         ███████
   ███████           ███████
  ███████             ███████
 █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
M!RACLE TELE
BRINGING MAGIC
TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
40% Biweekly Rewards
▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬
Traffic from €0.01 worldwide

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
      ██         ██     
        ▀▌     ▐▀       
       ▄██▄▄▄▄▄██▄      
     ▄█████████████     
   ▄█████████████████▄   
  ██████▄██████▄██████  
 ▐█████████████████████▌
  ██████▀███████▀██████ 
  █████   █████   █████  
  █████████████████████  
  █████████████████    
    ███████████████    
 ▀██▄ ████████████  ▄██▀
      ▀██▀   ▀██▀   
       ▄█       █▄
ANN
Lightpaper
Bounty
Facebook
Twitter
Telegram
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4298
Merit: 3214

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 07:36:48 PM

Yes, it's expensive at around 0.068 btc per GH/s. I started with a 2 GHs and quickly ramped up to over 12 GHs, just buying and selling and putting all proceeds back in.
Cloud mining the cex.io way is convenient, instant, and reliable. Yes, did I mention they are expensive? You get what you pay for.

In this case you don't get what you pay for. 1 GH/s is costs 0.0614 right now, and it has not mined 0.0066 BTC since you bought it. You are losing money.

At best, trading these shares is a gamble. The price has dropped 75% in just a few months. A few people may have made some money, but everybody else has lost 75%.

BTW, the graph at cex.io doesn't go back more than a month back because they don't want you to see how much it is dropping.

I have using Cex.io - really hope it does not go down.

Hope is a very poor investment strategy.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: