Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 11:52:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 [320] 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 ... 579 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][EAC] EarthCoin *SEEKING NEW EXCHANGES - HUGE VOLUMES BEING MISSED!  (Read 840291 times)
testbitcoiner

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

I like crypto

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 07:22:35 AM

sell wall update for coinex:

8 BTC of small walls towards 800 satoshi

a 7 BTC wall AT 800 satoshi

then nothing up to 1000

VERY interesting

what... where

my cryptsy can only scroll up to 400 or so

is 800 satoshi code name for 0.00000420 BTC

besides what's with this upward price resistance concept, and presumption that the upper price boundary is limited only with listed volume

well, you're not even able to read what I wrote...

you know, the coinex part?

and in my experience, and I have quite some, in low volume markets the sell walls keep prices low.

if there are few or none, prices can go up easily and surprise most traders by the velocity and aggressiveness of the price movement.

in high volume markets, this is of limited importance, because every move is dulled by the amount of noise around it.

but when 10 BTC can quintuple prices, then one or 2 trades can do that without any chance of interference.

so should there be a catalytic factor, price movements without preset sell walls are very violent and go far beyond what people might expect.
nesco1805

Activity: 70

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 07:40:37 AM

I'll admit - that is a mind blowing concept to me.
I always thought that the price is determined by things like supply and demand, product value(real/perceived) and the market purchasing power.

Extending that theory - the only thing preventing EAC to hit 10 satoshi is what.... 4-5 BTC of BUY offers.

Now we've all seen how sustainable was 300+ price.
If EAC ever hit 800 satoshi, that would last something like 1.0E-10 s, and in that time Cryptsy would either burn down along with the Internet,
or if it was able to process sale offers it would become self-aware and lead us to intergalactic conquest.

Thats how 800+ price is sustainable... IMHO Wink

testbitcoiner

I like crypto

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 08:06:22 AM

I'll admit - that is a mind blowing concept to me.
I always thought that the price is determined by things like supply and demand, product value(real/perceived) and the market purchasing power.

Extending that theory - the only thing preventing EAC to hit 10 satoshi is what.... 4-5 BTC of BUY offers.

Now we've all seen how sustainable was 300+ price.
If EAC ever hit 800 satoshi, that would last something like 1.0E-10 s, and in that time Cryptsy would either burn down along with the Internet,
or if it was able to process sale offers it would become self-aware and lead us to intergalactic conquest.

Thats how 800+ price is sustainable... IMHO Wink

sorry that I'm always so harsh in my posts.. I have carpal tunnel and typing is really painful for me

basically what I wanted to say is that low volume markets = not really supply and demand markets

not that the normal currency, stock or commodity markets are--they are not. they would be, with a real currency that is backed by a commodity, that is stable and whose backing commodity has not been short sold far beyond the availability of said commodity....

(i.e. silver and gold is sold more than physically possible. every bar in a vault somewhere has been sold multiple times. it's all a gigantic fraud. but that's not really the topic here)

low volume markets work in SHORT TERM like a poker game. the one with the lowest amount of cash is going to lose. (wikipedia: gambler's ruin --the statistical explanation for this) statistically speaking, assuming you can not read tells or nobody has any.

that is where all this gambling bullshit comes from. this leads to people believing that gambling = speculation due to their own bias towards the market and their short term observations.

long term reality always wins out. EAC either has potential or not. I believe it has.

the question is: when and how quickly will the short term picture connect to the long term one.

when it comes to price movements, the speed this can happen is dependent on sell walls, for the most part.
people like jumping bandwagons. and no walls mean, the wagon starts rolling much sooner and comes to a stop later
nesco1805

Activity: 70

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 08:25:30 AM

I get what you are saying.
But EAC is not 100% manipulations-prone low-volume market and 0% SUPPLY & DEMAND market.
I'd say there is quite a bit free trade going on.

For example, there is 14M coins created every day and someone will want their BTC in exchange. But BTC is short in supply. It feeds every single alt-coin.
And that is the main reason why every alt-coin hits bottom as soon as it hits big exchange - almost EVERYONE wants their BTC cake.

If EAC manipulation was that easy, what's preventing OP, ie. EarthCoin to invest couple of BTC and walk away straight to the bank.

So yeah, I get what you are saying, if you are talking about short bursts. And Long term... it has to be sustainable by definition.
testbitcoiner

I like crypto

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 08:29:30 AM

I get what you are saying.
But EAC is not 100% manipulations-prone low-volume market and 0% SUPPLY & DEMAND market.
I'd say there is quite a bit free trade going on.

For example, there is 14M coins created every day and someone will want their BTC in exchange. But BTC is short in supply. It feeds every single alt-coin.
And that is the main reason why every alt-coin hits bottom as soon as it hits big exchange - almost EVERYONE wants their BTC cake.

If EAC manipulation was that easy, what's preventing OP, ie. EarthCoin to invest couple of BTC and walk away straight to the bank.

So yeah, I get what you are saying, if you are talking about short bursts. And Long term... it has to be sustainable by definition.

imho, any price level is just pure fantasy at the moment. EAC has just as much right to be at 1000 as it has to be at 10
GrrrCoin

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 08:29:59 AM

Do you guys mind if I start my ANN page with something similar to your first page?  I didn't want to just steal it without permission.

thx

If I may, don't do the x2 / x5 payout day.
arielbit
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 09:01:18 AM

i think the price will stay like this for a long time until block payout halves...because it is all about the almighty BTC

lets say at 4MHS you can get 80 worldcoin and that's .02xx btc a day and right now at 4MHS you can have 20,000 earthcoin (at the current difficulty) which can give you about .02xx btc a day

all scrypt based crypto currency will be mined by GPUs..miners just mine the most profitable coin..i think EAC was positioned to be raped by miners until block rewards halves and become more difficult to mine.

YourMine.org

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2014, 09:02:22 AM

http://earth.yourmine.org/

PPLNS Payouts
2min Auto Payout
1% Fees

Still a few places left @ 0% Fees!: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=416439.0

New pool help us get started!
Nicho

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 09:09:06 AM

If I may, don't do the x2 / x5 payout day.

Me either, its stupid the way these things pay out, with the seasons? as supply and demand goes, this thing has plenty of supply but it lacks in demand.  I can see it hitting 70 satoshi in the next few days/weeks, not happy.  
testbitcoiner

I like crypto

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 09:11:40 AM

i think the price will stay like this for a long time until block payout halves...because it is all about the almighty BTC

lets say at 4MHS you can get 80 worldcoin and that's .02xx btc a day and right now at 4MHS you can have 20,000 earthcoin (at the current difficulty) which can give you about .02xx btc a day

all scrypt based crypto currency will be mined by GPUs..miners just mine the most profitable coin..i think EAC was positioned to be raped by miners until block rewards halves and become more difficult to mine.

the biggest problem is spread.

the most damage by immediately selling EAC is not done because it decreases price, but because it decreases proliferation.
the less people holding EAC, the lower the price.

people who think they need to get rid of it for any reason also decrease the amount of people who have EAC...

this can quickly change, of course, especially at such low prices. but that is the main problem.

should EAC rise, of course, the lower the number of people who own it is, the higher the price increase.
so the opposite effect will happen, basically.

in that way, it is a accelerator, and not really a problem long term.

Kenta

Activity: 420

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 09:30:09 AM

this can quickly change, of course, especially at such low prices. but that is the main problem.

should EAC rise, of course, the lower the number of people who own it is, the higher the price increase.

I agree with you. This is a self stabilizing system. The volatility we see is just because it's very few main actors.

And to the people that don't like the x2 / x5 : This is a feature of this coin only. One of the few things that makes EAC different from the others. If you don't like it, just pick one of the other 50-70 coins out there!

Trade your cryptocoins at: ◣ bleutrade.com ◢◣ C-Cex.com ◢
24Kilo

Activity: 672

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 10:01:20 AM

Update on the Mining For Food Project

The project of mining for food is moving forward - see this forum over at EarthCoinTalk - http://earthcointalk.org/groups/mining-for-food/ - please reply to this forum with any questions, comments or advice.

I know many people here are bewildered and dismayed that EarthCoin has/is becoming a charity/green movement... from where I stand as a farmer... this is the best and really the only way that I can build the value of EAC. We are not a non-profit organisation... we have 5 full-time employees and 3 part-time staff that are paid well-above minimum wage... while we do enjoy what we do... well... some days... we are not doing this for love... we are in it to make a profit and a decent living... and while I am going to be delivering crates of veggies to the various soup kitchens around Sydney, I would just as soon be delivering crates of veggies to cafes and residents for EAC.

If I was a handyman, woodworker, plumber, baker, tailor, etc and etc... I would be offering to take EAC as well.

Any alternate currency... gold, silver, eggs, BTC, EAC, whatever... is always going to be linked in an exchange to the local currency... so the value of EAC is always going to be EAC/BTC, EAC/USD, EAC/AUD, etc... so the only way to increase the value of EAC is link it to a material value... anything else is just speculation.

And just to clarify... I am an EAC miner, I do sell EAC on the open market to cover costs, I do have a very nice nest egg of EAC, and I do speculative trading of EAC to increase my EAC holdings... so I guess I kinda do it all... so understand that each has a role to play in ensuring the longevity and worth of EAC.
lucoia

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 10:04:43 AM

the most damage by immediately selling EAC is not done because it decreases price, but because it decreases proliferation.

people who think they need to get rid of it for any reason also decrease the amount of people who have EAC...

The only problem is people.

The biggest mistake the most people make is to mine and just wait.

That way you're susceptible to panic moments,  and you usually end up panic selling or panic buying at the wrong moments. (which is great for me and ppl like me)

I'm a miner too, but I'm always playing with my coins, I never keep them still on the wallets.

Get out in the exchange field and play with the coins, play with people and generate panic, you'll realize that price dropping is a great opportunity exactly like price raising.

If you mine and stand still, your only point of view is to hope price will raise.
minerman1234

Activity: 84

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 10:38:15 AM

Do you guys mind if I start my ANN page with something similar to your first page?  I didn't want to just steal it without permission.

thx

What do you mean "something similar"?  Don't you think that's a bit lacking in originality?  If you're planning on inventing a coin, don't you want to attract people based on the merits of the coin and avoid wanting to be a copy of everything else?  Just saying, coins that are clones of everyone else live a very short life and end up not lasting.

BTC: 1BZMMREG6ctsJx7donADBis9jXxrGiR3iU
EAC: eWNxJUy3TMx6qvK4HR9WM6stNjaVtASJcX
wwtree

Activity: 154

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 10:41:08 AM

0 connections

minerman1234

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 10:51:03 AM

That way you're susceptible to panic moments,  and you usually end up panic selling or panic buying at the wrong moments. (which is great for me and ppl like me)

I'm a miner too, but I'm always playing with my coins, I never keep them still on the wallets.

Get out in the exchange field and play with the coins, play with people and generate panic, you'll realize that price dropping is a great opportunity exactly like price raising.

If you mine and stand still, your only point of view is to hope price will raise.

I don't know where you got your information, but this is absolutely untrue.  With enough volume in the market and regular appreciation, holding generates a similar (if not more) profit over time than attempted market manipulation, as one stands to lose a considerable bit should they attempt to ride the wave and it reacts differently than expected.  Your statement only holds true in the event where you never experience loss, and I find that highly unlikely.  Even trader bots are often not quick enough to catch a market turn and tradeoff fast enough to prevent loss, otherwise everyone would use them, they're not a perfect system.

Market manipulation is a form of gambling, make no mistake about it.  It may be fun to partake in an attempt to increase your holdings, but unless you're an absolute wizard with Lady Luck eternally by your side, you're eventually going to lose something.

BTC: 1BZMMREG6ctsJx7donADBis9jXxrGiR3iU
EAC: eWNxJUy3TMx6qvK4HR9WM6stNjaVtASJcX
tompa555

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 10:58:54 AM

Someone give me 50 EartCoins. Thank you very much who ever he/she was. so generous of you.
do you have a link of that faucet ?

♔ PrimeDice.com | The Best Way To Roll ! | Free BTC Faucet | Instant Play & Chat  [Thread] @PrimeDice
Donations are more than welcome: BTC: 19KKRcKJsFVTCzspXvhTYULrAecB7cvJDy DODGE: DP4etPsqasN1y8pkbh8HNiococh7izgEQy
testbitcoiner

I like crypto

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 11:00:44 AM

what a bunch of bullshit

you have either not read or not understood any of my or other people's posts regarding immediate selling or "gambling"

how about looking up http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gambler%27s_ruin

since by definition you have less money than other players because you do NOT HOLD ANY, you will lose eventually

seriously. I have posted this link and explained it a dozen times and no one gets it.

and yes. the only problem is people.

people like you
arielbit
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 11:06:20 AM

combining our points makes..

me-block reward (supply)
and
you-spread (demand)

it would be better if EAC is slowly spreading to people, the block reward is also slowly squeezing the supply..to prevent exploitation of the supply.

in december i mined 20,000 a day at today's difficulty in 3 days i got 60,000 the price is at 8 that about 0.48 btc if i do that again today for 3 days, it is .02xx btc.
lucoia

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 11:10:20 AM

what a bunch of bullshit

you have either not read or not understood any of my or other people's posts regarding immediate selling or "gambling"

how about looking up http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gambler%27s_ruin

since by definition you have less money than other players because you do NOT HOLD ANY, you will lose eventually

seriously. I have posted this link and explained it a dozen times and no one gets it.

and yes. the only problem is people.

people like you
Nope, I didn't read anything, I wish I was still that young to have the time to stay on forums and have fun playing and flaming with you guys
Pages: « 1 ... 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 [320] 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 ... 579 »
  Print  

Jump to: