Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 08:57:37 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: HELP!!! ASICMiner Cube Won't Start  (Read 1241 times)
CloudzEye (OP)

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 12:24:57 AM
Last edit: December 21, 2013, 12:42:14 AM by CloudzEye

Hi guys,
I received my Cube an hour ago. Had my power supply ready to boot it up. When I boot it up, a few seconds later, it produce a "click" sound then turn itself off along with the power supply. Tried it couple times but no luck. I am using a Corsair CX430M power supply. It only has 1 PCI-E connector, so I use another 2x molex to PCI-E connector. I also try with another 2x molex and 1x molex but still... To me it seems like the power supply problem. Any advice would gladly appreciated.

Here is the link to the power supply at Newegg:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139049&Tpk=cx430m
pixl8tr

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 12:48:47 AM

Hi guys,
I received my Cube an hour ago. Had my power supply ready to boot it up. When I boot it up, a few seconds later, it produce a "click" sound then turn itself off along with the power supply. Tried it couple times but no luck. I am using a Corsair CX430M power supply. It only has 1 PCI-E connector, so I use another 2x molex to PCI-E connector. I also try with another 2x molex and 1x molex but still... To me it seems like the power supply problem. Any advice would gladly appreciated.

Here is the link to the power supply at Newegg:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139049&Tpk=cx430m

The startup load is triggering your overload protection circuit on your Power supply.  Its not really overloaded , probably just a spike as the ASIC's are powered up.  If your cube has been sitting in the cold, make sure they warm up to room temperature and try powering on a few times, you might get lucky.

I had the same issue and had to get a larger power supply.  After I had gotten a new power supply,  I also seen a workaround to install a capacitor at the molex plug.  Search Dogies cube setup thread for more information on that.
Cheers

who | grep -i blonde | date; cd ~; unzip; touch; finger; bjobs; uptime; strip;. grab; mount; yes; umount; sleep; brun;
Donations: 18ByQvDUmaMKkQbYvUWmnPSu9BWeNxVMoc
CloudzEye (OP)

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 12:51:24 AM

Thank you!
nwoolls

Activity: 840
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2013, 01:52:50 AM

I had the exact same problem with two different PSUs, 1 500W and 1 350W. Neither of them had dual PCI-E connectors and I was also using an adapter. I finally went and bought a PSU with two PCI-E connectors and had no issue after.

MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device |  Xgminer: Mine with popular miners on Mac OS X
btc: 1BmXY4ZZQh1iHSVre658gM1gPAEtDnq8rv  |  ltc: LP1SsHZTDexndkvRKsqAkXNsienPHwaMb5  |  hardware: nwoolls at gmail dot com
CloudzEye (OP)

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 02:42:40 AM

I had the exact same problem with two different PSUs, 1 500W and 1 350W. Neither of them had dual PCI-E connectors and I was also using an adapter. I finally went and bought a PSU with two PCI-E connectors and had no issue after.

Which psu you go to?
nwoolls

Activity: 840
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2013, 02:45:38 AM

Which psu you go to?

Thermaltake TR2 600W. It's nothing impressive but it works and I was able to pick it up locally.

MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device |  Xgminer: Mine with popular miners on Mac OS X
btc: 1BmXY4ZZQh1iHSVre658gM1gPAEtDnq8rv  |  ltc: LP1SsHZTDexndkvRKsqAkXNsienPHwaMb5  |  hardware: nwoolls at gmail dot com
CloudzEye (OP)

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 02:54:50 AM

Which psu you go to?

Thermaltake TR2 600W. It's nothing impressive but it works and I was able to pick it up locally.

I will check it out. Really wish to start it by today but I cannot pick up any power supply locally other than Newegg. They don't do will-call on Sat and Sun, have to wait till Monday.  Cry
Thank you anyway.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: