Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 06:20:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Server Power Supply Interface Board - for standalone miners and GPU rigs  (Read 120476 times)
sidehack (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3346
Merit: 1858

Curmudgeonly hardware guy

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 07:35:46 AM

Okay, so. We're officially opening sales for the Z750P boards at 6PM CST. The first batch will only have about 75 boards available, but when we have another stack about that size (in a few days) I'll update this again.

We're limiting it to ten boards per person this round, to make sure someone doesn't buy all of them.
Pricing is:
  1-5 units  -  $42.50 each
  6+ units  -  $40.00 each

We'll have some cables available, 18" 16AWG PCIe 6-pin with spades for mating to the boards' screw terminals. Cables are $3.50 apiece. I don't know how many we'll have, probably not a hundred total yet as we just got the parts in today to start generating them.

Shipping will probably be USPS Priority Medium Flat-Rate Box, unless otherwise specified and worked out with me while ordering.

Orders will be taken on a First-Come First-Serve basis; send me a PM AFTER 6PM CST with the desired number of boards and/or cables and I'll add you to the queue and work out payment details. We accept both PayPal and BTC, which the BTC price will be based off a random sampling of Coinbase's exchange rate taken sometime in the afternoon.

All order messages sent before 6PM CST according to the forum timestamp will be ignored.

Cool, quiet and up to 1TH pod miner, on sale now!
Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
Mk2vr6

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 10:39:47 AM

Okay, so. We're officially opening sales for the Z750P boards at 6PM CST. The first batch will only have about 75 boards available, but when we have another stack about that size (in a few days) I'll update this again.

We're limiting it to ten boards per person this round, to make sure someone doesn't buy all of them.
Pricing is:
  1-5 units  -  $42.50 each
  6+ units  -  $40.00 each

We'll have some cables available, 18" 16AWG PCIe 6-pin with spades for mating to the boards' screw terminals. Cables are $3.50 apiece. I don't know how many we'll have, probably not a hundred total yet as we just got the parts in today to start generating them.

Shipping will probably be USPS Priority Medium Flat-Rate Box, unless otherwise specified and worked out with me while ordering.

Orders will be taken on a First-Come First-Serve basis; send me a PM AFTER 6PM CST with the desired number of boards and/or cables and I'll add you to the queue and work out payment details. We accept both PayPal and BTC, which the BTC price will be based off a random sampling of Coinbase's exchange rate taken sometime in the afternoon.

All order messages sent before 6PM CST according to the forum timestamp will be ignored.

Any chance of selling me only a few PCIe Cables?

EDIT/ or anyone know the best place to buy them in the UK?
joeventura

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 12:51:41 PM

Questions:

You can put 4 cables safely on each?  (6 pin PCI)

How about 8 Pin PCI cables?

sidehack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 03:28:31 PM

If you ask for cables before the ones I have are sold out, then yep you can get some.

The boards are designed to hold 4 cables per board without any issue.

If you can find the 8-pin ends and they're not all sorts of expensive, we'll start making them. As it is, I can't find the 8-pin ends, or the +2 ends (what would make a 6+2 cable) with the right keying so we don't have any. It's fairly frustrating.

Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
joeventura

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 03:31:32 PM

If you ask for cables before the ones I have are sold out, then yep you can get some.

If you can find the 8-pin ends and they're not all sorts of expensive, we'll start making them. As it is, I can't find the 8-pin ends, or the +2 ends (what would make a 6+2 cable) with the right keying so we don't have any. It's fairly frustrating.

Ok thanks, see you at 6:00:01  Smiley
joeventura

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 03:54:48 PM

You can get adapters for $5

http://www.epartsandmore.com/pci-express-6-pin-to-110-prd1.htm?pSearchQueryId=80878

I just ordered some
RickJamesBTC

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 05:25:19 PM

All of my cards that require an 8 pin connector have come with an adapter from 6-8 pin.
bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2014, 05:49:47 PM

All of my cards that require an 8 pin connector have come with an adapter from 6-8 pin.

The power supplies I've seen just bridge two extra grounds so i think it's bs marketing

sidehack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 06:01:53 PM

For GPUs, 6-pin standard I believe uses two 12V lines, two grounds and the third ground is a detect pin. 8-pin standard uses all three 12V lines and three grounds, the other two grounds being detect pins. So a 6-pin with three 12V lines can adapt directly to an 8-pin by the addition of two more grounds, so long as the rail and/or wiring are able to handle the current required. For GPUs, 8-pin is rated for 150W, which means 50W per wire at 12V so about 4.2A per wire. These supplies, these boards, and the cables I supply will have no problem handling that kind of power.

Mk2vr6

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 10:43:25 PM

Are these correct for the PCIe Power cables? - http://www.watercoolinguk.co.uk/p/6-Pin-Square-Female-VGA-Power-Connector-White_1082.html

Is pin 5 tapered or square - I haven't got a GPU to hand to check.

Edit/ Think I've found it - http://www.watercoolinguk.co.uk/p/8-Pin-Female-PCI-Express-Power-Connector-Clear_1112.html
Kushedout
Legendary

Activity: 1123
Merit: 1000

SaluS - (SLS)

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 12:03:18 AM

PM Sent

BotwinBG

Activity: 588

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 12:08:30 AM

PM sent

AMEPAY
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
│▌
AMEPAY IEO
▄██████▄ ▀██████▄
█████████  ▀█████
███████▀     ▀███
██████▀  ▄█▄  ▀██
██████▄  ▀█▀  ▄██
███████▄     ▄███
█████████  ▄█████
▀██████▀ ▄██████▀
AMEPAY LISTING
   ▐███▄
   ████▌
▐██████████▄
████████████
 ████▌  █████
▐████  ▄████
██████████▀
 ▀█████▀▀
▐│
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
joeventura

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 12:25:32 AM

6 cards and 36 cables please
Powell

Activity: 486
Merit: 262

rm -rf stupidity

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 12:26:00 AM

PM Sent  Smiley
PMB

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 12:51:12 AM

Pricing is:
  1-5 units  -  $42.50 each
  6+ units  -  $40.00 each

Hi,

ANy plans to have a reseller in Europe?

regards,

P.
sidehack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 01:23:47 AM

There's a guy asking me about UK sales already, gonna work out the details with him. Also I have about 10 boards left un-dibs'd from the current round, and no cables. If you want cables, it'll probably be Tuesday next week before we have them on hand. Y'all seem to really like cables.

LuxCapacitor

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 02:50:01 AM

How long is the PSU + board?
sidehack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 02:53:44 AM

Almost as long as my...

Um, 17" from the handle of the PSU to the end of the board.

BotwinBG

Activity: 588

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 03:16:35 AM

lol

AMEPAY
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
│▌
AMEPAY IEO
▄██████▄ ▀██████▄
█████████  ▀█████
███████▀     ▀███
██████▀  ▄█▄  ▀██
██████▄  ▀█▀  ▄██
███████▄     ▄███
█████████  ▄█████
▀██████▀ ▄██████▀
AMEPAY LISTING
   ▐███▄
   ████▌
▐██████████▄
████████████
 ████▌  █████
▐████  ▄████
██████████▀
 ▀█████▀▀
▐│
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2014, 11:15:06 AM

Are these correct for the PCIe Power cables? - http://www.watercoolinguk.co.uk/p/6-Pin-Square-Female-VGA-Power-Connector-White_1082.html

Is pin 5 tapered or square - I haven't got a GPU to hand to check.

Edit/ Think I've found it - http://www.watercoolinguk.co.uk/p/8-Pin-Female-PCI-Express-Power-Connector-Clear_1112.html

Yeah be careful, many sellers sell p8 connectors and cant tell the difference

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: