Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 04:32:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Server Power Supply Interface Board - for standalone miners and GPU rigs  (Read 120448 times)
sidehack (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1849

Curmudgeonly hardware guy

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 04:32:21 PM

Yep. Isolating the circuit ground from case ground/neutral means you can stack the voltages together by referencing one supply's ground to another supply's (isolated) 12V output, so measuring between one ground and the other's 12V gives you 24V without exploding anything. If you're just paralleling you can tie the Current Share pins together and the supplies will cross-regulate to balance the current outputs evenly between several supplies, so you can get 12V stupidly-high-current without exploding anything.

Cool, quiet and up to 1TH pod miner, on sale now!
Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
Xer0

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

°^°

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 07:37:04 PM

If you're just paralleling you can tie the Current Share pins together and the supplies will cross-regulate to balance the current outputs evenly between several supplies, so you can get 12V stupidly-high-current without exploding anything.
can you explain that a bit more?
sidehack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 08:01:45 PM

Not really. Someone already posted where the current share pin was on the supply, and it's also broken out to a header pin on my board. If you want to parallel multiple supplies, as far as I know all that is required is to put them on a common bus (hook the ground and 12V together) and then tie the current share pins together. The rest is internal, it should "just work".

Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
freddyfarnsworth

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 04:10:25 AM
Last edit: February 09, 2014, 04:36:56 AM by freddyfarnsworth

Not really. Someone already posted where the current share pin was on the supply, and it's also broken out to a header pin on my board. If you want to parallel multiple supplies, as far as I know all that is required is to put them on a common bus (hook the ground and 12V together) and then tie the current share pins together. The rest is internal, it should "just work".

One more tidbit for those wishing to do some more research.
They are also designed to be hot swappable in a redundant setup, with sidehacks plugings you can get that to work also, as the design is in the gold fingers length on the power plane, to be able to pull and plug without arcing, it will not power up till the new supplys power fingers are engaged. Or arc on removal, power good pin will disengage first..
You could really take the larger supplies "to the max" if wanted, 100s of amps 5000w systems possible. @12v

BTC: 1F1X9dN2PRortYaDkq89YJDbQ72i3F5N3h MEOW: KAbvy9jrrajvN5WLo7RWBsYqYfJKyN9WLf DOGE: DAyKSrTiVeRZaReTu1Cyf5Je6qPdKTuKKE
JLebowskiTheDude

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 04:16:32 AM

Payment sent, sidehack!  Lemme know if you need any more info.

Thanks again.

mrbubl3s

Activity: 293
Merit: 261

Professional Ameteur

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 04:31:26 AM

Do-want schematics.
freddyfarnsworth

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 04:38:22 AM

Do-want schematics.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1292514

start here schematics on a few were found, warning very long a day type threads.

BTC: 1F1X9dN2PRortYaDkq89YJDbQ72i3F5N3h MEOW: KAbvy9jrrajvN5WLo7RWBsYqYfJKyN9WLf DOGE: DAyKSrTiVeRZaReTu1Cyf5Je6qPdKTuKKE
_r2h

Activity: 63

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 07:05:38 AM

What is everyone's solution to cool the huge Delta DPS models like the 1500 and 2000?  Some turbine props pushing tons of CFM?
mrbubl3s

Activity: 293
Merit: 261

Professional Ameteur

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 05:50:18 PM

Do-want schematics.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1292514

start here schematics on a few were found, warning very long a day type threads.

Kudos! Thanks man.
sidehack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 02:41:36 AM

I'm going to close orders for now. We've made a good pile of cables this weekend, but will be probably the rest of the week filling the current orders. Taking time to make cables has slowed board manufacture a bit but that should be up to speed soon regardless of cable time.

In any case, if you've placed an order already it'll ship before the end of the week (you will have been told about this delay due to cable stock while placing the order); no further orders will be accepted until the current ones are filled and stock is built back up. Probably in about a week.

RickJamesBTC

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 02:49:41 AM

What is everyone's solution to cool the huge Delta DPS models like the 1500 and 2000?  Some turbine props pushing tons of CFM?

Four fans, taped two to each side. I was using cheaper case fans, but they would still overheat when I really pushed them (12 gpus per 2000w supply Tongue)  I'm now upgrading to some more powerful delta fans, at least on a few of them. This should only take one or two per pair of PSUs.
JLebowskiTheDude

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 03:12:49 AM

I'm going to close orders for now. We've made a good pile of cables this weekend, but will be probably the rest of the week filling the current orders. Taking time to make cables has slowed board manufacture a bit but that should be up to speed soon regardless of cable time.

In any case, if you've placed an order already it'll ship before the end of the week (you will have been told about this delay due to cable stock while placing the order); no further orders will be accepted until the current ones are filled and stock is built back up. Probably in about a week.

Thanks for the update!  So if we paid already, we're in the first grouping yes?

sidehack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 03:19:10 AM

Yes. I have a few orders placed that haven't paid yet, and anyone that has paid already, are in the first group and your order will ship as soon as all stock is available. If you only ordered boards, it should be immediate; orders with cables will be shipped as the supply is made available.

JLebowskiTheDude

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 03:28:08 AM

Yes. I have a few orders placed that haven't paid yet, and anyone that has paid already, are in the first group and your order will ship as soon as all stock is available. If you only ordered boards, it should be immediate; orders with cables will be shipped as the supply is made available.

That's great.  Yeah you warned me at least when I was PMing you that any order with cables would delay it until the end of the week.

That's still fine with me.  Thanks again!

joeventura

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 03:24:06 AM

I am ready to pay the second you have cables for my 6 boards.
Do you still plan to have them in the next day or so??
LuxCapacitor

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 03:37:11 PM

Got mine yesterday.. They look great!  Packaging and included instructions seem top notch.  Going to test them out this evening  Grin
BotwinBG

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 12:39:21 AM

Hey, how is my order doing? I never received any confirmation...

AMEPAY
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
│▌
AMEPAY IEO
▄██████▄ ▀██████▄
█████████  ▀█████
███████▀     ▀███
██████▀  ▄█▄  ▀██
██████▄  ▀█▀  ▄██
███████▄     ▄███
█████████  ▄█████
▀██████▀ ▄██████▀
AMEPAY LISTING
   ▐███▄
   ████▌
▐██████████▄
████████████
 ████▌  █████
▐████  ▄████
██████████▀
 ▀█████▀▀
▐│
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 12:59:18 AM

How do I go about ordering a few boards Huh  I PM'ed sidehack,no response....yet.........  Sad

Also what AWG is best for Antminers   Huh

Thanks!!!!!!!!!

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
sidehack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 01:06:05 AM

I'm going to close orders for now ... no further orders will be accepted until the current ones are filled and stock is built back up.

I just shipped the last boards we had ready to roll. We're gonna finish out the run before opening orders again. It'll be at least a week, maybe more.

Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 01:09:44 AM

I'm going to close orders for now ... no further orders will be accepted until the current ones are filled and stock is built back up.

I just shipped the last boards we had ready to roll. We're gonna finish out the run before opening orders again. It'll be at least a week, maybe more.

Thanks for replying  Grin

I can wait,not gonna need em for at least 2 weeks anyhow   Cool

Doh...just saw a link in your sig  Roll Eyes  That where we order from later  Huh

http://www.gekkoscience.com/

Thanks!!!!!!!!  Wink

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: