Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 10:19:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Newbies don't mine!  (Read 3272 times)
Cor2

Activity: 595
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 08:08:45 AM

BTW, I would love to hear about an alternative coin that is worth mining, since most appear to have almost no value and almost no trading, so it seems to be a big gamble which will become a serious alternative like Bitcoin. No?

SYNC: Sd3XBRmhrrr39Wj4rtjb3YAkwWvCze44BZ                    ORB: odyWi677JDQy7Gc6Nv6kCdnajmScqgTkDE       Honest pools (payout matching calculation):
TransferWise: International money transfer for 1%fee        Doge to the moon! D9FGY7Bhwbj2jrnk7v8VR47HTu7vfVu1gV         Nut2pools and Steadymining
uininPeter

Activity: 141
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 08:24:04 AM

BTW, I would love to hear about an alternative coin that is worth mining, since most appear to have almost no value and almost no trading, so it seems to be a big gamble which will become a serious alternative like Bitcoin. No?

And will there be serious alternative to Bitcoin ever? I doubt, everyone wants to be early adopter so new people next year will preffer new altcoins just because of a chance to be early adopter.

TiGei99

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 08:26:55 AM

Mining is a game for Hobby Miner Smiley Maybe you have luck and mine for a coin which has a good trade value or you will mine for a coin which has no good trade value.
The Profi Miner do many calculations the whole day and it is a hard work to leave the coin not too early and not too late and the super profi additional look always to the trade markets and sell/buy coins to receive more and more Grin
btcmonster

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 08:31:52 AM

he is right diff is going up to fast to profit from it buy coins and hold or trade then Smiley
Sn0wminer

Activity: 6

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 08:40:54 AM

I have been successfully been mining several Altcoins. I Started with Zetacoin, then when Zeta's were becoming popular I moved to Joulecoin and at the moment I am mining Tigercoin. With my 'humble' setup I can mine about 500 TGC per day. So there is in fact money to be made mining...... just not in mining Bitcoin.
greenlion

Activity: 667

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 08:46:12 AM

Mining is a hedge against the price stagnating that allows you to produce income in Bitcoin using Bitcoins without interacting with the fiat economy except for the power cost (which is practically nonexistent compared to returns for even extremely weak ASIC setups).
Cor2

Activity: 595

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 08:53:57 AM

I must confess that I have been bidding on a multi-blade ASIC miner to start with Bitcoin and lost that bid in the last seconds.
At first I was sad to lose, now after doing some calculations of mining speed, I am happy I did not win.
Buying bitcoin right now will get me more of them than mining would ever bring me...

SYNC: Sd3XBRmhrrr39Wj4rtjb3YAkwWvCze44BZ                    ORB: odyWi677JDQy7Gc6Nv6kCdnajmScqgTkDE       Honest pools (payout matching calculation):
TransferWise: International money transfer for 1%fee        Doge to the moon! D9FGY7Bhwbj2jrnk7v8VR47HTu7vfVu1gV         Nut2pools and Steadymining
niothor

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

in defi we trust

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 09:00:07 AM

... no they don't. They usually beg.

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
rahbaey

Activity: 5

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 09:09:38 AM

luckily there are also coins going in against mining. Like Nxtcoin, but does the proof-of-stake method really make it so that mining is impossiblke? because if it would then Nxtcoin would become more of an actual currency than any other coin!
bitpop (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2013, 09:14:14 AM

I wasted so much money on miners and barely ever broke even. It forced me to sell as they were made to recoup. If I just bought coins, I'd have 10,000. If you just buy 3 bitcoins today and sleep on them for a few years you are much better off.

mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 2610

In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2013, 09:31:17 AM

I wasted so much money on miners and barely ever broke even. It forced me to sell as they were made to recoup. If I just bought coins, I'd have 10,000. If you just buy 3 bitcoins today and sleep on them for a few years you are much better off.
Maybe with the current price risenit's worth mining?

luqash3

Activity: 42

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 09:34:17 AM

bitpop every one has its own opinion. Your views might be different from mine but in reality it’s all about time we are only predictors but for reality we need to wait and watch. Obviously someone will make profit on someone’s loss. Really I don’t mind about what you think after all everyone has freedom to think. 
greenlion

Activity: 667

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 10:40:18 AM

One individual's poor judgment does not completely invalidate the value in an entire activity for everybody.
Bumflufftornado

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 11:07:50 AM

I'm mining because my current hardware can so why put it to use when I'm doing anything other than gaming Smiley
bitpop (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2013, 11:14:52 AM

bitpop every one has its own opinion. Your views might be different from mine but in reality it’s all about time we are only predictors but for reality we need to wait and watch. Obviously someone will make profit on someone’s loss. Really I don’t mind about what you think after all everyone has freedom to think. 

True a market is only when your profit is someone's losses.

This is just a tip and my experience. I am early adopter too and still made mistakes. I just think 90% of newbies today will buy a $20k jupiter way too late and they will break even because price will go up (if they hold) but they could have had many more btc by just buying.

Ivan18

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 11:25:29 AM

Can I earn some crypto-money with some mining in an old computer ?
erre
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1205

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 11:37:05 AM

i'm mining with my pc @ 380 kh/s and laptop @ 40kh/s since 1 week 24/7, and having a lot of fun   Grin Grin Grin

Roll a dice FOR FREE every hour, and win up to $200 in btc ---> CLICK HERE

Tip me using the LIGHTING NETWORK! -->https://tippin.me/@Erre96344121
bitpop (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2013, 11:44:15 AM

Your laptop will break

Ecurb123

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 12:01:09 PM

There is no free money in mining. You will lose. Use your money, buy coins and come back in a few years. No work and very simple.

I agree if the idea is to make profit, but if the idea is to learn about an awesome new technology while earning back some of the cost, then doing mining is great.
tolles

Activity: 9

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 12:34:32 PM

i'm mining with my pc @ 380 kh/s and laptop @ 40kh/s since 1 week 24/7, and having a lot of fun   Grin Grin Grin

Im not sure about that laptop part Wink
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: