Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:08:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I have a 20 BTC Bitcoin private key here...  (Read 3568 times)
Anonymous

August 19, 2011, 02:49:23 AM

In exchange for this private key that contains 20 BTC, I only want 19.75 BTC. Anybody willing to take me up on my offer?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ffuentes

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

Only a curious passer-by / FirstBits: 13zsc1

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2011, 02:58:48 AM

Why? What is your benefit? If you want fiat money it would have some sense.

Listen Radio Libre (Electronica) Donate. (click for details).

Chilean peso VS BTC ahora: http://irage.ca/2btc.php?a=1&c=CLP&r=1

My bitcoin address
Anonymous

August 19, 2011, 03:01:45 AM

I am not in the emotional capacity to setup the software to import the key right now. I rather pay somebody .25 BTC to do it for me.
jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1233

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
August 19, 2011, 03:15:42 AM

I don't have 19.75BTC available right now so if you are ok to send the private key first, it's ok for me

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
Anonymous

August 19, 2011, 03:20:45 AM

Alright, JackJack has the job. If he doesn't complete it, well, I am out of 20 BTC which won't happen. Haha.
m0w3r

Activity: 131
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 19, 2011, 03:29:51 AM

Do you take drugs Danny?
Anonymous

August 19, 2011, 03:34:42 AM

JackJack promptly sent the Bitcoins. Thanks!
Anonymous

August 19, 2011, 03:41:15 AM

Do you take drugs Danny?
No but they want to put me on them.
jackjack
Legendary

View Profile
August 19, 2011, 03:49:38 AM

Thanks to you Immanuel
It was 0.25BTC easily won Smiley

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
Chris Acheson

Activity: 266
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 19, 2011, 04:20:48 AM

Do you take drugs Danny?

That's not necessarily a terrible thing, depending on your situation.  Medication is over-prescribed for sure, but that doesn't mean that it's never genuinely needed.
helloworld

Merit: 250

View Profile
August 19, 2011, 02:40:17 PM

I'm curious Immanuel, if you don't have the software to work with private keys, then how did you happen to get one with 20 BTC?

Was it an 'off-the-grid' trade? Smiley

Also curious, how did you send the key securely to jackjack?
Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015

View Profile
August 19, 2011, 08:40:54 PM

I'm curious Immanuel, if you don't have the software to work with private keys, then how did you happen to get one with 20 BTC?
It was from a Bitbill. (this was brought up in another thread)

jackjack
Legendary

View Profile
August 19, 2011, 09:38:39 PM
Last edit: August 19, 2011, 11:42:52 PM by jackjack

Also curious, how did you send the key securely to jackjack?
Securely sent via PM Grin
Not a problem though because I import private keys faster than my shadow

m0w3r

Activity: 131
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 19, 2011, 11:02:48 PM

Do you take drugs Danny?

That's not necessarily a terrible thing, depending on your situation.  Medication is over-prescribed for sure, but that doesn't mean that it's never genuinely needed.

In my experience, the people that are truly helped long-term by mind-altering medication are in the minority.

Studies show that many of these drugs have trouble out-performing placebos.

Maybe or maybe not, but this was a Caddyshack movie reference:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mo0baknLDdU
btcgolong

Activity: 451
Merit: 269

View Profile
August 20, 2011, 02:36:45 AM

Could someone explain the point of this? Pardon me I'm relatively new to bitcoin. I did read some of the bitbill thread, but I don't understand why the OP needed assistance.

Thanks
jackjack
Legendary

View Profile
August 20, 2011, 02:43:31 AM

Could someone explain the point of this? Pardon me I'm relatively new to bitcoin. I did read some of the bitbill thread, but I don't understand why the OP needed assistance.

Thanks
When you buy a bitbill, you actually buy an address containing 20BTC and its private key (needed to use the money)
But in order to use the private key (thus the money) you have to import it in your wallet, which needs either a python script or a bitcoin fork

helloworld

Merit: 250

View Profile
August 20, 2011, 02:49:25 AM

Thanks
When you buy a bitbill, you actually buy an address containing 20BTC and its private key (needed to use the money)
But in order to use the private key (thus the money) you have to import it in your wallet, which needs either a python script or a bitcoin fork

Is that kind of feature ever going to be in the mainstream software?
btcgolong

Activity: 451
Merit: 269

View Profile
August 20, 2011, 02:52:14 AM

Thanks

Thanks for the quick reply, it takes me 2 days to mine .25BTC, how hard can it be to import the bitcoins? (yes I am also searching the website and google). I built my first linux box in YEARS because of bitcoin, bitcoin is a great motivator for small IT projects.
jackjack
Legendary

View Profile
August 20, 2011, 02:57:45 AM

Is that kind of feature ever going to be in the mainstream software?
One of the devs has this feature in his fork for several months now, so I don't think so
Maybe they think that importing private keys should not be accessible to average users (which is quite understandable)

Thanks for the quick reply, it takes me 2 days to mine .25BTC, how hard can it be to import the bitcoins? (yes I am also searching the website and google). I built my first linux box in YEARS because of bitcoin, bitcoin is a great motivator for small IT projects.
What do you want to do? Import the bitcoins you mined in your wallet?

cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
August 20, 2011, 04:15:06 AM

It was from a Bitbill. (this was brought up in another thread)
How did you do this?

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: