Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 07:45:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Decentralization or total control?  (Read 331 times)
Praesidium

Activity: 409
Merit: 103

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 11:09:02 AM

in return for taxes you get a functioning society and a population that won't kill you for the food on your plate. most of the other stuff is your problem. you think moaning about it will change anything? it's a fact of life. you're free to try and evade this stuff. most people pay it for the sake of a quiet life.

Not exactly, taxes i paid usually goes to corrupt politician that takes advantage of the power they have. My country's debt to the world bank is increasing rather than decreasing after all workers payed taxes. Thus we still cant be sure whether they use it properly or they just use it for own good. Good thing that my country is not against crypto and they didn't tax it too.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Orsen

Activity: 163
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 11:13:16 AM

Decentralization is very good, but because of it, government often wants to kill a crypto because the state can not follow decentralized systems, and therefore begin to fight it!
tomwell

Activity: 294

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 12:06:11 PM

It is a must for you as a citizen to pay the taxes. The government uses this tax to regulate the country. Without these taxes , government would not have been able to provide us the stability and security.
greenvally

Activity: 252

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 01:30:08 PM

Taxing is not always bad. When government imposes tax on crypto currencies it means they are making them permitted to their country to work with it. This doesn't mean that they'll have all the control over crypto currencies. But, they'll have eyes on it. Because of this the demand will also increase as people will feel more safe to transact with crypto currencies.
leoliln45

Activity: 238

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 01:38:07 PM

I think giving tax is good because it shows crypto currency is being legalised on that currency and people start to rely on it more. Besides, the governments will not have control over it fully but they can watch the transaction procedures doing with crypto currency.
GrandBcn (OP)

Activity: 275
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 05:33:48 PM

Not exactly, taxes i paid usually goes to corrupt politician that takes advantage of the power they have. My country's debt to the world bank is increasing rather than decreasing after all workers payed taxes. Thus we still cant be sure whether they use it properly or they just use it for own good. Good thing that my country is not against crypto and they didn't tax it too.

Yes, you are absolutely right. I forgot to mention this fact.
The reality is that you are more honest and law-abiding citizen, the more you owe to the state.
The idea of decentralization is simply lost in these taxes. The government has not yet made a final decision. But they can invent licenses for $ 100,000 or something else. This is absolutely not constructive. If taxes are reduced, many will gladly pay 10 or 20% of the profits. But not 50% of the total turnover. This is ridiculous.
OLX

Activity: 173
Merit: 108

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 06:14:20 PM

I really do not like the current practice of ICOs requesting KYC. You never know who is running these ICOs and who has access to the information submitted. Stay safe
Artjk13

Activity: 81

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 07:01:13 PM

In the case of tax, we have to get paid by social institutions such as Medicine Education Utilities Pension Fund and law enforcement Agencies. But there is one huge disadvantage of this system - it is corruption. Enriching yourself at the expense of others breaks the system at its root. Blockchain is aimed at the desire of corruption in General and it is unprofitable for some. As we can see, countries with a sustainable management system are introducing blockchain into the "system" slowly on the way to the future. Creating convenient conditions for the ICO and in attempts to resolve it. More corrupt countries are trying to either enrich themselves for a good purpose or even ban any Innovation in cryptography.
Everyone lives in his own world, and until we start taking into account other people's worlds, nothing will fix us. Besides dystopia, there we will not know about freedom of thought. 1984
My choose is 1st, because all ppl can't true be ever/
Rejinx

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 07:02:36 PM

Among the cryptcurrencies there are many contradictions because some coins are very anonymous and I like it, but others are not. There are also such as Ripple, which can hardly be called a cryptocurrency.
Suslura

Activity: 579
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 07:04:28 PM

I think giving tax is good because it shows crypto currency is being legalised on that currency and people start to rely on it more. Besides, the governments will not have control over it fully but they can watch the transaction procedures doing with crypto currency.
in any case it seems to me that any activity should be taxed, But every tax should have good interest, and not take half the profits. Thanks to taxes, there are states, but the legalization of the crypto currency will also bring huge benefits to the users .

]
Ricowavy

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 07:09:11 PM

I think government regulation will jeopardise the decentralised nature of blockchain, icos demanding for kyc too are tampering with the anonimity nature of it. These are the things that made blockchain stands from other technology and if it is compromised, our dear blockchain may eventually be of no use.
jesika

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 09:01:00 PM

Now a days there are so many decentralized system are available in the world in this system people don’t need anything for proving identity. Thats why people are like this and in near future its percentage will be increase.      
ven7net

Activity: 1946
Merit: 112

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 09:42:53 PM

Most likely decentralization by itself is simple - a beautiful word, but as you noticed in practice it's quite another. I think that nothing and not when will not work without supervision or management. Especially the crypto market that can bring millions if not billions of profits. Now is not the time, unfortunately, that everything would suddenly become decentralized and independent. Now time is capital.
barlo357

Activity: 574
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 09:54:11 PM

For me Decentralization is much better because you will be one the to control all decision compare to total control the government has the power to control you specifically in taxes but they don't have powers to eliminate the scammers and hackers so where is the security there?. They are good only in collecting taxes but in the other side they are nothing.

mlkvch

Activity: 120
Merit: 7

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2018, 10:04:15 PM

None of them. At least in few last decades. Yeah, today, governments want to control cryptocurrencies to be able to take taxes. But blockchain potentially could replace governments at all. An of course, it won'y happen in months or years. This is what you could think about Wink
zero9119

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 10:13:38 PM

Now a days there are so many decentralized system are available in the world in this system people don’t need anything for proving identity. Thats why people are like this and in near future its percentage will be increase.      
The more decentralized systems that have opened up, the more active the investor is. That also led to the complexity of the cryptocurrency market when so many new platforms appeared with many altcoin but nothing came back. Investors should consider investing in new platforms.
Mariabramovich

Activity: 49
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 10:14:40 PM

Everything shold be decentralized and ruled as well - under the strict terms of smart contract - that's a law of future! We can even imagine on how strong it is. The first crypto game under a strict rules with smart contract can reach the highest level of prosperity.
Eddyc

Activity: 1013
Merit: 391

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 10:18:08 PM

The decentralized idea is something that everyone involved in crypto craves or intends to define definitively, with this purpose it is more than clear that we are tired of the high rates of self-reliance of the country, practically we are taxed by several sectors of life in some countries others less, but we are always subject to taxes. However digital currency was born to break this centralized system and even then we find attempts to centralize the current market.
Brianlee0112

Activity: 294

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 04:44:21 PM

Some of govt. apply taxes on bitcoin but there is no rule to apply taxes on bitcoin but they are concern about buying illegal things so they can apply this in here but not for other products because people always pay taxes for their assets and they shouldn’t pay tax to govt. because of buy something from online also govt. should encourage because it reduce many problems and life become easier for general people.
Lerikaweb

Activity: 392
Merit: 12

The Fourth Generation of Blockchain in DeFi

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 04:54:04 PM

I agree with the author. Decentralization becomes more and more doubtful every other day. I think that it is not the matter of a month or two to stabilize this situation.

DRK Defi| The Fourth Generation Of Blockchain In Decentralized Finance
────── The Epicenter of the DeFi Ecosystem ──────
WebsiteDraken ExchangeDrakenXTelegramTwitterFacebook
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: