Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 12:25:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Decentralization or total control?  (Read 331 times)
rosezionjohn

Activity: 882
Merit: 301

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 05:14:25 PM

I am not sure where you are really getting at here. But is avoiding or evading tax one of the reason why you entered cryptocurrencies? I mean decentralization of things should not in any way affect your obligation as a tax payer.
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
zxrcoin

Activity: 252
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2018, 05:37:07 PM

To pay tax is the decision of the government and it will vary country to country depending on various situations. We pay taxes for the social welfare of our country. The important thing is that we pay taxes for our legal income not illegal so when we are paying taxes for the earnings from the bitcoin that means bitcoin is a legal thing. Today all the people are giving taxes even in the real world. So why not will we give taxes? We are doing legal business and so we will give taxes. Do not think very much regarding this.
criptoman83

Activity: 336
Merit: 15

“Revolutionising Marketing and Loyalty”

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 05:43:58 PM

If in exchange for my taxes on cryptocurrency revenues the state will regulate the market and it will change for the better - I don't mind. The regulation is to stop these damn scammers that fooling people. There is also an acute issue of money laundering and crime. Unfortunately, now it is happening.

CryptoAlphaStar

Activity: 574
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 07:53:39 PM

There are scammers, terrorist and drug dealers in fiat too. That's how they operate for decades.
So why crypto is any worse than fiat?
Didn't we had all of this before crypto? This is just a very convenient arguement for banks and governments to slow down the adoption of cryptocurrencies.

On the other discussion going on, decentralization systems are slower in governance. Total control systems are faster. Depending on anybody's needs, everyone can choose where to join.
PrivateEnemy

Activity: 315
Merit: 13

Lead generation one-stop shop platform powered AI

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 07:57:29 PM

Unfortunately, people are not ready for lack of control. We are all so used to total control that we are no longer able to think critically. Lack of control has generated so much fraud and scam that people themselves demand control. Vicious circle.

Don_Leonardo

Activity: 182

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 10:21:01 PM

Now strange things are happening.
On the one hand, cryptocurrencies are decentralized assets. This attracted many here. What do we see today? Many exchanges, ICO's ask for your documents to establishing the identity.
The government is trying to tax all transactions. But to tell you the truth, the government has nothing to do with it at all. Why do I have to pay taxes on cryptocurrency transactions? Therefore, I no longer understand where this limit of incognito and where declaring of incomes begins.
Yes, I understand .... weapons, drugs. But they were before the advent of cryptocurrency and they will always be.
In terms of security - here, too, not everything is clear. The government wants to get taxes. OK. But they don't want to protect us from hackers or scammers. Maybe make some sort of insurance. That is, it is some kind of collapse. On the one hand, we are obliged to pay income tax from 25 to 56% (in different countries in different ways). But on the other side what do we get in return? Nothing, just nothing, zero, emptiness.
What are your thoughts?

It's a good question! And I have no answer. I've been thinking about it since I invested in BitClave project. They are developing a decentralized monetized search engine. It means that we'll keep our data secure on a blockchain. But how will governments react to this... Have no idea! I don't think they'll like it.
lionheart78
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1152

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2018, 10:24:48 PM

I dont like also idea and what is happening right now. More and more tightening and more and more regulations which choke the holders or the investors. They say it is to avoid money laundering, for more cryptocurrency stability if it be backed by banks and governments.

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████████▀█████████████▄
███████████▄▐▀▄██████████
███████▀▀███████▀▀███████
██████▀███▄▄████████████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
██████████▀███▀███▄██████
████████████████▄▄███████
███████████▄▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████
▀█████▄▄████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
masterzino

Activity: 1218
Merit: 513

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 10:26:10 PM

There are scammers, terrorist and drug dealers in fiat too. That's how they operate for decades.
So why crypto is any worse than fiat?
Didn't we had all of this before crypto? This is just a very convenient arguement for banks and governments to slow down the adoption of cryptocurrencies.

On the other discussion going on, decentralization systems are slower in governance. Total control systems are faster. Depending on anybody's needs, everyone can choose where to join.

Crypto is not worst than fiat.
But we have a lot of laws that make the life for terrorist and drug dealers a lot harder. Money are very heavily regulated and moving money always leave a trace. The anonymity of crypto is what scary people that will makes it easier for criminals.

chocopapaya

Activity: 686
Merit: 131

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2018, 10:30:55 PM

What government are you referring to specifically?
Which one has shown that it wants to collect taxes and how?
Are you talking about profit you earn if you cash out through an exchange?

Most of the fud surrounding government control is exactly that: fear, uncertainty, and doubt about something that just isn't true.
There is unprecedented freedom in using and buying/selling crypto.
This market is hardly regulated at all.
Whether it will stay that way is another matter, but for now, I am really enjoying the freedom of the whole crypto world.

If you are really worried about paying taxes or not, why don't you figure out a way to circumvent the tax laws in your country?
Whether it is morally right or wrong is up to you, but there are many ways to avoid paying taxes legally (at least for americans).
Only a fool blindly hands over everything to their government with no questions asked.

leezay

Activity: 363
Merit: 100

SWISSREALCOIN - FIRST REAL ESTATE CRYPTO TOKEN

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 10:33:55 PM

Unfortunately, people are not ready for lack of control. We are all so used to total control that we are no longer able to think critically. Lack of control has generated so much fraud and scam that people themselves demand control. Vicious circle.

I agree with you.
So far in history we have proven that without control we can be the worst of all.
We have not invent any better system than whatever we have now.

ranoby

Activity: 322
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 10:35:51 PM

Many foresaw this. But I think that the attempt to settle crypto-currencies will end in failure. It's like trying to tame a wild animal

K O N I O S        |│        The World's Most Secure Cash & Crypto Platform
[   PRE-ICO  |  DONE   ]      [ AIRDROP | DONE ]      [    ICO  |  LIVE    ]
WHITEPAPER                       TWITTER                       TELEGRAM                       ANN THREAD
yesyes18

Activity: 546
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 10:48:36 PM

The fact is that governments are always trying to find ways to dube money from everyone. Anyways if they'd regulate it and then tax it that'll be cool though, but if they tax it first without regulations, that'd be more dangerous. But in the end what you said is true, we've lost the anonymity!

GrandBcn (OP)

Activity: 275

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 12:17:05 PM

In the case of tax, we have to get paid by social institutions such as Medicine Education Utilities Pension Fund and law enforcement Agencies. But there is one huge disadvantage of this system - it is corruption. Enriching yourself at the expense of others breaks the system at its root. Blockchain is aimed at the desire of corruption in General and it is unprofitable for some. As we can see, countries with a sustainable management system are introducing blockchain into the "system" slowly on the way to the future. Creating convenient conditions for the ICO and in attempts to resolve it. More corrupt countries are trying to either enrich themselves for a good purpose or even ban any Innovation in cryptography.
Everyone lives in his own world, and until we start taking into account other people's worlds, nothing will fix us. Besides dystopia, there we will not know about freedom of thought. 1984
My choose is 1st, because all ppl can't true be ever/

Yes exactly! The more the government denies transparent schemes in crypto directions, the more they are corrupt. It is not profitable for them that with new technologies they will not be able to steal and stuff their pockets. Any resident of the country will be able to see the movement of money. It's like a litmus test for me. Australia, Switzerland are countries that implement cryptocurrencies and they have a transparent economy.
Nosequired

Activity: 12

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 12:32:56 PM

I've always thought about this and it confuses me to no end  Huh because on the one hand I really don't like our centralised currencies and bank run economies but at the same time I really don't like the idea of a worldwide currency that could make it potentially easier to manipulate humans
Jobbernowl

Activity: 222
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 01:37:04 PM

The government is not interested in doing things that do not bring profit but only a headache. Look, they don't want to fight corruption, organized crime, don't want to change the outdated laws and tighten the punishment for criminal crimes. But if it comes to money and profits, then they are happy to get down to business. They vote for passing laws on cryptocurrency, impose fines and taxes. It's just disgusting to look at it. They don't agree that poor people can become richer thanks to the crypto industry and no longer work for a penny on the welfare of the government.

sne.su

Activity: 406
Merit: 104

https://sne.su/

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2018, 01:57:34 PM

I'm not against total control or decentralization! I'm against mixing one with another. Against double standards. It is necessary to control what is required, but let the decisions be decentralized. It is impossible to establish total control over the votes.

feelideb

Activity: 770

fLibero.financial

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 02:02:21 PM

Government all over the world has always been a control freak! The reason more than 90% of cryptocurrency users and enthusiast are here is because will like, desire and live what cryptocurrency represent that is why I do not like KYC culture of  ICO!

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: