Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 12:57:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ULI] (cancelled) Ulicoin: A cryptocoin that is 98% better  (Read 12081 times)
Bigeyeone

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 09:33:29 AM

this ain't gonna work for me without pool :S

UPuUnrz5C1Yjhfn5D1cEAGNzvNkP2HoRyK

1000 Ulicoins sent

You can still mine it solo if you got a couple of GPU's

difficulty is at 0.25 now

PMC: 19dNRVPcjsESqo8isdauc1gQ6PbUrAZor9
SimonG

Activity: 84

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 09:53:07 AM

DONT USE THIS SCAMCOIN!!!

We have to warn everyone. Just another pump and dump scam. This coin brings nothing news like all others shitcoins as well.
mnghwa

Activity: 224

The World’s First Blockchain Core

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 09:53:52 AM

this ain't gonna work for me without pool :S

UPuUnrz5C1Yjhfn5D1cEAGNzvNkP2HoRyK

1000 Ulicoins sent

You can still mine it solo if you got a couple of GPU's

difficulty is at 0.25 now

got it. thanks!

i mine mainly for numismatic reason - to gather couple of thousands of coins of each currency.

i even mine on latpop that is not mine and don't pay mining electricity 95% of the times

so solo mining is not for me

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■        SKYNET        ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
Whitepaper   Bounty   Bitcointalk  ■  Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
Ulicoin (OP)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 09:54:28 AM

The dev team has not succeeded to make the Windows QT work and we are unable to find the error. This means the launch has sort of failed. http://pastebin.com/c0xDuU8D

We think that at this point it is best to cancel this coin until all problems have been solved. The new publication will be done with a brand new block chain, brand new features and a new name. All new things will be 98% better.

We already have some things in mind:

https://i.imgur.com/O75fZ6E.jpg

PS. Github and one seed node will stay up for now.
markj113
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1043

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 09:57:02 AM

Looks like you have joined the 98% of coins that fail  Grin
Bigeyeone

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 10:03:53 AM

what a bummer

Ulicoin (OP)

Activity: 11

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 10:05:04 AM

Looks like you have joined the 98% of coins that fail  Grin
Design team of Ulicoin is 98% honest and admits their errors more 98% quickly.
Bigeyeone

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 10:11:11 AM

The dev team has not succeeded to make the Windows QT work and we are unable to find the error. This means the launch has sort of failed. http://pastebin.com/c0xDuU8D

We think that at this point it is best to cancel this coin until all problems have been solved. The new publication will be done with a brand new block chain, brand new features and a new name. All new things will be 98% better.

We already have some things in mind:

PS. Github and one seed node will stay up for now.

so you cancel the coin and wanna start with a new one, why would you leave it on Github and leave the seed node up ? Folks might not know it is dead and waste their resources on a coin that is dead

deodecagone

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 10:27:16 AM

I don't get why the fact that there is no sexy gui for windows users makes it unfair.
There was a windows client and it was working fine you just need an IQ of at least 100 to be able to read the 4 or 5 sentences of instructions available here and there to get ready.

That IQ requirement does not make it particularly unfair, you need a computer , you need to be able to switch it on... indeed.

Access to larger audience will come on time. Launch is allways unfair , the first one in the queue according to some criteria gets served, period. If you want to be on the first line get a brain, get rid of that windows , put some distrib, and type in the two dummy commands to get started.
SpudroForEveryone

Activity: 41

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 10:28:07 AM

Here is OP's post in a Finnish imageboard (https://ylilauta.org/satunnainen/24300895):

https://i.imgur.com/VvZQAjW.png

It translates:

"PS. thanks for your mining power, i just made 800 LTC Cheesy"

You all just got 609'd.
Ebrelus

Activity: 186
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 10:28:28 AM

In the end i made it. Ulicoins will be rare stuff Smiley So epic coin Wink
Trully finnish coin! Wink Elicoin not for 98% people.

UVpk5eWsHsuannsGYcmGbBbCzvTTU5Xqp1

Can someone post commands to configure it and run on linux cloud? Or give some tips how to do it?
Bigeyeone

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 10:33:13 AM

I don't get why the fact that there is no sexy gui for windows users makes it unfair.
There was a windows client and it was working fine you just need an IQ of at least 100 to be able to read the 4 or 5 sentences of instructions available here and there to get ready.

That IQ requirement does not make it particularly unfair, you need a computer , you need to be able to switch it on... indeed.

Access to larger audience will come on time. Launch is allways unfair , the first one in the queue according to some criteria gets served, period. If you want to be on the first line get a brain, get rid of that windows , put some distrib, and type in the two dummy commands to get started.

well yeah I was thinking the same thing, but it looks like they can not get the windows-QT wallet working at all, so well it you dont have a working windows GUI , little chance of adaptation of the coin. because the masses really want that and well you do make the impression of not having your act together if you dont have a windows GUI, the linux GUI is excellent even better then the Quark GUI on linux

Bigeyeone

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 10:40:00 AM

Here is OP's post in a Finnish imageboard (https://ylilauta.org/satunnainen/24300895):

It translates:

You all just got 609'd.

That explains why they would keep the github and the seednode up

wild wild west

mnghwa

Activity: 224

The World’s First Blockchain Core

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 10:48:20 AM

well yeah I was thinking the same thing, but it looks like they can not get the windows-QT wallet working at all, so well it you dont have a working windows GUI , little chance of adaptation of the coin. because the masses really want that and well you do make the impression of not having your act together if you dont have a windows GUI, the linux GUI is excellent even better then the Quark GUI on linux

i agree with both of you Smiley

let's make one thing clear - no one will mine anything unless if he can see some results. without a pool it's really hard to mine something by yourself.
if you turn on mining and no coins in 24h what are you gonna do - turn it off and forget it about it?  ....or NOT ?

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■        SKYNET        ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
Whitepaper   Bounty   Bitcointalk  ■  Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
exchanger

Activity: 56

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 11:04:53 AM

i predict 98% chance of failure of your next coin unless you compensate those who mined ulicoin before you canceled it for no reason
Bigeyeone

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 11:12:53 AM
Last edit: December 22, 2013, 11:24:47 AM by Bigeyeone

It translates:

You all just got 609'd.

Just curious how does this works exactly, how could he harvest the hashing power of the entire ulicoin network and direct it all at mining litecoin for himself ?

And ow yes , why pull the plug after 12 hours of mining if that made him 800 LTC ? why end it so soon ?

Something does not compute here

Huh

frambelicious

Activity: 42

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 11:31:37 AM

I think a new coin should not be cancelled. If the Finnish Captain is abandoning the ship it will be boarded by friendly Pirates Cheesy

Just in case I added a permanent Ulicoin-node:

addnode=144.76.91.109
Bigeyeone

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 11:32:53 AM

In the end i made it. Ulicoins will be rare stuff Smiley So epic coin Wink
Trully finnish coin! Wink Elicoin not for 98% people.

UVpk5eWsHsuannsGYcmGbBbCzvTTU5Xqp1

Can someone post commands to configure it and run on linux cloud? Or give some tips how to do it?

1000 ulicoins sent Smiley

SpudroForEveryone

Activity: 41

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 11:39:15 AM

https://i.imgur.com/VvZQAjW.png

It translates:

You all just got 609'd.

Just curious how does this works exactly, how could he harvest the hashing power of the entire ulicoin network and direct it all at mining litecoin for himself ?

And ow yes , why pull the plug after 12 hours of mining if that made him 800 LTC ? why end it so soon ?

Something does not compute here

Huh

I don't know much of the technical side of cryptos myself but people on that imageboard say he's just trolling. OP figured out he lacks IQ to create GUI wallet so he gave up and decided to scare people by telling it was a botnet or something. With the net hashrate Ulicoin had it would be impossible to make 800 LTC in that short time. Also, since everyone was mining solo they could have not find a single block of LTC.
Bigeyeone

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 11:53:51 AM

I think a new coin should not be cancelled. If the Finnish Captain is abandoning the ship it will be boarded by friendly Pirates Cheesy

Just in case I added a permanent Ulicoin-node:

addnode=144.76.91.109

I think your right a new coin should not be canceled, mining a new coin is a longshot anyway, an adventure and it only just got bigger, thanks for the node

It just got 98 % better

Guess we pirates now

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: