Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 09:02:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: WARNING - Cryptsy loses your Coins!!  (Read 5078 times)
kgsmith

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 09:52:32 PM

Cryptsy 2FA works fine guys its configurable to the point that you set it. Every log in or a set # of hours from your current IP.

2FA by most to least secure:
Authy every log in (Preffered)
SMS every log in
Email every login

Email 2FA doesnt do you much good if you download malware such as:
bitcoinbot v4.5
Bitcoin-Trader-Bot
etc.

Cryptsy does not recommend ANY 3rd party tools. Use them at your own risk!

Ok I went and deactivated 2FA and redone it. Now it works every login.
efx

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 09:58:54 PM

I haven't been able to overspend for a while now. It will always tell me insufficient funds. The only time I ever got a negative balance is when it was laggy and I was spamming the buy/sell/cancel buttons. Stop being so damn stupid and get some common sense. If something lags, you don't spam the buttons because those clicks will eventually go through potentially causing a negative balance. Also, if you get trades that are obviously not yours (I got an extra bit of LTC once), then don't trade that because it will get taken out again.

Common sense, use it and you won't have issues.

Exactly. Never had a satoshi of any sort go missing and I started using cryptsy not long after it launched.

Every single exchange has had growing pains. Gox hardly functions, btc-e's orderbooks are completely useless due to latency, mcxnow was run by a scammer....

Yes, cryptsy got very slow for a little while (I was still able to trade, deposit and withdraw), it just required a bit of patience and...wait for it.... common sense! Seems to be pretty snappy again since they dealt with the issue directly and pretty promptly...No waiting for 'midas', no silly little posts about how they wasted money on pre-built dell hardware (ahem, gox)... They just took action and I saw positive results. 

I suspect a good portion of the support tickets they deal with are attempts at scamming the exchange.
toriba99

Activity: 15

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 10:01:05 PM

what a bullish post, cryptsy is a very innovative exchange.
kgsmith

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 10:16:14 PM
Last edit: January 03, 2014, 02:12:52 PM by kgsmith

Yes and Bitcoin-Trader-Bot will also do things at Coinbase.com here are purchases it made - had to contact my bank

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/originals/89/49/f8/8949f818e475dd89bfc0da780e244533.jpg

Luckily it takes a few days to get processed or it would have withdrew them too like it did on Cryptsy. Coinbase was quick to respond.
ledmaniak

Activity: 266

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 10:28:29 PM

Oh right, luckily, you didn't lose any money then. So what is the problem, hu?!

Sure, every exchange has growing pains. But when cryptsy is already malfunctioning, why add more new scam coins when your system cannot handle current customers and trades? Altcoin market is fluctuating very fast and a lot, so if you want to trade on those markets, it should be a fast trade.

I made multiple sell orders of coins that were bouncing around heavily and would soon crash. Then the system lost both the sell orders and my coins. Price dropped by 50% within an hour. Then after a day, they found my coins back and what do you think they said that I lost money because of their mistakes? "everyone lost something and I should just be happy I got my (heavily devaluated) coins back".

So if I invested 5 of 10k dollars in coins for day trading, I should just accept my loss because of their mistakes?!

Recently they discovered that their system was adding the double amount of 'cryptsy points' when a trade was made. Instead of saying that from now on, a different amount of points would be given, they simply halved the amount of coins I made!

They are complete amateurs, not taking any responsibility and only cashing trade fees. Their way of working is already harming the crypto coin market and trust that people have in crypto coins. Adding so many coins that have no added value has a huge effect on the whole coin market and more people will lose instead of win. This will cause a decrease of the amount of users in the market but big profits(for the exchange) on short term.

Bitcoin: 1Cxi8BLvScSm1mW6kjb5MNeJZPrvAiYL6B
Litecoin: LLmjtrrq1ZeD51NSUJ8VanuQduW8Ma3jrs
kgsmith

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 11:31:35 PM

Yes I lost 5+ Litecoins on Cryptsy depending on what the market would have done. My coins were traded for Litecoins and withdrew! JERK!
ledmaniak

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 11:46:10 PM

Yes I lost 5+ Litecoins on Cryptsy depending on what the market would have done. My coins were traded for Litecoins and withdrew! JERK!

Jerk? I was not responding to your post but xIronCrossx. I feel sorry you lost coins, I'm in the same boat.. Sad

Prolifik

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 11:56:20 PM

I haven't been able to overspend for a while now. It will always tell me insufficient funds. The only time I ever got a negative balance is when it was laggy and I was spamming the buy/sell/cancel buttons. Stop being so damn stupid and get some common sense. If something lags, you don't spam the buttons because those clicks will eventually go through potentially causing a negative balance. Also, if you get trades that are obviously not yours (I got an extra bit of LTC once), then don't trade that because it will get taken out again.

Makes me want to spam it a bunch to get btc.

Negative values shouldn't be possible with cryptocurrency Craptsy somehow manages to make it possible.

Fuckin assholes.

efx

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 12:05:22 AM

Sure, every exchange has growing pains. But when cryptsy is already malfunctioning, why add more new scam coins when your system cannot handle current customers and trades? Altcoin market is fluctuating very fast and a lot, so if you want to trade on those markets, it should be a fast trade.

Yes, that is a valid concern but you must remember that cryptsy really owes it's success to prompt addition of any of the 'scamcoins' that do not self-destruct in under a week.
For some reason, I have a great deal of respect for Vern, especially since bribes don't seem to be a major factor in the addition of coins instead of the amount of time the coin has lived and community support behind it.

I think they will at least attempt to continue with the methodology that has been financially successful.

Anyways, for those of you that do indeed have missing coins, I think/hope that you will receive your funds eventually. To those of you that never had your transactions broadcast to the network from your personal wallet in the first place: cryptsy is not to blame, do not submit silly support tickets and make those with valid problems wait longer than necessary.  
efx

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 12:06:19 AM

Makes me want to spam it a bunch to get btc.

Negative values shouldn't be possible with cryptocurrency Craptsy somehow manages to make it possible.

Fuckin assholes.

Guess you don't remember the btc-e rollback.

Silence yourself little fool.
nastybit

Activity: 42

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 12:11:48 AM

Usually Cryptsy resolved this kind of issue running an audit on the account.
Has the situation with deposit/withdraw changed?
I don't see huge spikes and downtime as we had few weeks ago
kgsmith

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 12:19:00 AM

Jerk? I was not responding to your post but xIronCrossx. I feel sorry you lost coins, I'm in the same boat.. Sad

I apologize I thought it was a comment on my post. I'm very sorry for your loss! This is very irritating when no one claims responsibility. I like to build websites and I thought of a cryptocurrency exchange but I didn't want to be responsible for that large of an amount of other peoples money. If the site was hacked and others coins were stolen I would feel responsible and may be legally, I don't know I'm no lawyer. I should probably shut up until I cool off.

Again I apologize @ledmaniak
ledmaniak

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 12:28:28 AM

It is not only about coins just disappearing(which seems to be happening less now, thank god) and running an audit to recalculate the balance, but the losses made while they disappeared.

I know people(including me) that placed sell orders of coins where they expected that the price of the coin would drop in a few hours/days. After placing the order, both the coins and the sell order disappeared.

After a period of time, prices dropped significantly(>50%) and coins were still lost. As more coins are added, less trades will be made on existing coins and prices won't rise that easily back to a break-even point.

So in terms of actual numbers for each coin, there is no loss. But in terms of btc/ltc there is a loss of >50% for these trades.

When owning a financial system where thousands of btc/ltc are traded, you have a certain responsibility that your system is reliable and you deal with above problems in a proper way. Now they only gain money on trade fees but let their customers pay for mistakes/problems on their side, which is -totally- unacceptable.

If you observe problems, take proper action! Don't add more coins, compensate your customers for your mistakes and worse case: shut down the system and inform people exactly about what is happening.

People should be aware of these things when trading at cryptsy(this also applies for some other exchanges).

Accepted Kiss

efx

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 12:34:06 AM

It is not only about coins just disappearing(which seems to be happening less now, thank god) and running an audit to recalculate the balance, but the losses made while they disappeared.

I know people(including me) that placed sell orders of coins where they expected that the price of the coin would drop in a few hours/days. After placing the order, both the coins and the sell order disappeared.

After a period of time, prices dropped significantly(>50%) and coins were still lost. As more coins are added, less trades will be made on existing coins and prices won't rise that easily back to a break-even point.

So in terms of actual numbers for each coin, there is no loss. But in terms of btc/ltc there is a loss of >50% for these trades.

When owning a financial system where thousands of btc/ltc are traded, you have a certain responsibility that your system is reliable and you deal with above problems in a proper way. Now they only gain money on trade fees but let their customers pay for mistakes/problems on their side, which is -totally- unacceptable.

If you observe problems, take proper action! Don't add more coins, compensate your customers for your mistakes and worse case: shut down the system and inform people exactly about what is happening.

People should be aware of these things when trading at cryptsy(this also applies for some other exchanges).

Accepted Kiss

Not to say that your points are invalid, but I consider the majority of your post to be under the heading of intrinsic risk. Better customer support is something basically every service that is growing rapidly requires. You don't hire 100 people on the off chance that you may be successful, you test the waters first and upscale accordingly.

ledmaniak

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 08:42:56 AM

Sure, I will definitely call it intrinsic risk when I was the one pushing the sell button at a downtrend and losing 50% of my coin that way. Their system fails so it should be their problem, not mine.

Something new:
Now my Yacoin are missing for multiple days already and yacoin is also removed from the list of tradable coins. They do not mention it anywhere..

mirny
Legendary

Activity: 1108
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 10:19:24 AM
Last edit: January 06, 2014, 02:26:24 PM by mirny

mh

This is my signature...
VesperPL

Activity: 28

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 05:04:24 PM

I still have negative ballance. Stop this bullshit and give back our money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://imageshack.com/a/img59/6946/24ys.jpg

Cryptsy are the good guys, don't worry about that. They have massive lag sometimes, and the server audit is a bit behind, but that is usually fixed within a day or two tops. Ofcourse i was a bit scared at first when i transferred 4 BTC or so. Not seeing even a breadcrumb of that transaction didn't help me not one bit Wink but a couple of e-mails later i've found out that there is nothing to be worried about, and everything will be fine... eventually

No they aren't!!!!!!!

They gave me -0.41 Btc in ballance and now i can't withdraw any coins. It past about 15 days. Last respond from support was 9 days ago and they wrote to me that i must pay that negative ballance to withdraw my other coins becouse system has failure and overbought dogecoin to my account.... This is sick becouse doge now is nothing worth and i must pay 0.41btc for 200 000 extra doges.....

FUCK YOU CRYPTSY I WILL SHOW OUR CONVERSATION ON EVRY POSIBLE FORUM AND BLOGS FACEBOOK TWEETER AND OTHER STUFF!!!! People should know how you work! You don't care about customers!!!!!!!!!
ledmaniak

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 12:44:22 AM

Maybe better to open a new topic to discuss your problem/warning.

Anyway.. There were guys here filing complaints(at a state office if I'm correct) against Cryptsy for the way they work. I'm willing to spend bitcoin to pay for some costs made so there will be put a stop to their terrible practices...

kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 01:00:03 AM

VesperPL on the internets nobody hears you scream  Wink
Mulder_the_truth_is_here

Activity: 25

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 07:22:00 PM

I am pretty sure they have lost my dogecoin / username: stephvogt due to the issue that happened yesterday with the deposits not showing up Vern tweeted "BigVern @cryptsy
An update to the DOGE wallet prompted a chain download, which resulting in the temporary reversal of some deposits.  I'm fixing it now."

Sure you are Vern.. sure you are. Meanwhile almost 48 hours later, I am still missing out on 675,000 doge with just a ticket being processed in my possession.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: