Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 08:37:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you do when your coin spikes?  (Read 3272 times)
usantosdavis425

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 01:51:55 AM

I will check the cause of this mutation and prepare the Blowdown method. By the rise of this price cannot be forever, at one time the price continuously decreases
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tonyja2017

Activity: 532
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 01:53:30 AM

I'm just looking for the opinions of others really, there's no right or wrong answer to this question.
What do you do when a coin you're holding suddenly jumps up by like 30% or whatever? do you try to sell at the peak of that spike and buy them back once it's gone back down again? or do you just keep on hodling?
I will sell them immediately. Because this market is a pump and dump market. So we should take advantage of the pumping moments to make a profit for us. So you should not hesitate to sell them quickly, you will have a huge profit.

xvacator

Activity: 340
Merit: 4

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 04:54:44 AM

I'm just looking for the opinions of others really, there's no right or wrong answer to this question.
What do you do when a coin you're holding suddenly jumps up by like 30% or whatever? do you try to sell at the peak of that spike and buy them back once it's gone back down again? or do you just keep on hodling?
I will sell them immediately. Because this market is a pump and dump market. So we should take advantage of the pumping moments to make a profit for us. So you should not hesitate to sell them quickly, you will have a huge profit.

yes, this is what I will do. that is our time to sell it fast because we need to make a profit again. right now, we almost see the price will go up again and I think it will no need to take any longer and if the coin can increase at least 10% from the price before and I see that I can make a profit, I will sell by instant. I don't want to get stuck in the price again and all I want to get is only makes the profit again.
flowers5

Activity: 192

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 05:01:42 AM

I used to be a 100% holder.  This time however if one of my coins has a super spike and Bitcoin does not budge I 'm going to switch over if I think the market is going to turn over again.  Holding does not seem to pay off during long bears.  I think I'm going to trade the cycles a bit more and possibly utilize Tether. 

wedar001

Activity: 184

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 05:08:09 AM

It is all rely upon our prerequisite. In the event that my holding coins bounces 30%, at that point from add up to amount, I will offer portion of them and reclaim my speculation with some benefit since I hold them for my future objectives. In any case, in the event that they accomplish my objective cost and from them I satisfy my fantasies objectives, at that point I offer every one of them. Furthermore, in the event that they again down, at that point certainly I will again purchase back these coins from of my half benefit and hold them till they will bob back.
kobita333

Activity: 244

Official Street Team member

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 05:10:06 AM

As I'm a holder, I only wait for new ATH or close one. Altough I have missed a lot of chances of getting more profit. But I'm satisfied with what I gain.

Beyond Protocol
Street Team
http://beyond.link | Coming Fall 2021
Official bitcointalk
thread
Jiyens3

Activity: 826
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 05:12:15 AM

Hmmm, I think it depends on which exactly coin you speak about. But most likely my reaction would be to sell it. And maybe even then I will not buy it again.

I will invest the coins that I have. because investment is very capable of carrying coins so increase and generate more value is valuable and considerable benefit in the future. so the very investment recommendations to enhance development.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
Boklopu

Activity: 85

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 09:22:00 AM

Such a better than average new when you coin shoots, When it does I offer part of it, I disdain dumping all coins without holding an entirety on me. In any case, I think in case you needn't waste time with money for anything at that moment, you will continue holding. Better still you can offer and go purchase diverse altcoins you trust in.
Genosx

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 04:41:05 PM

When the coins in the market already rising up it is great because we can obtained a huge income from thos wherein lots of peope will benefit and will become successful.
NewBet

Activity: 966
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 04:56:16 AM

Sell the coins, because after a spike you can be sure that the next thing is going to be a dip, so sell at the high price when the coin spikes, wait a little bit for the coin to fall back down then you can buy back in again. That is what I do, even though there are price targets I set for my coins but I know there are times when you gotta take a little detour in the plan
montaza

Activity: 68

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 05:22:06 AM

More likely I would sell it, and buy back again when the price drops again or buy another altcoin with lower price and wait for it to increase. Holding your coins is the safest way to gain profit but it takes a long time.
shad_ow90

Activity: 224

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 07:49:43 AM

If my coins raise to 30%, I will sell it immediately because I am sure that it will decrease back after that. Why we don't take advantage of this opportunity to increase the amount of coins that we are holding

DarkPayCoin - [100% community governed and built]
[-] Website  [-] ANN Thread  [-] Discord  [-] Twitter  [-] Telegram
\ HIGH ROI, Low supply / - \ A privacy focused MN/PoS coin /
Phophobobooo

Activity: 56

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 09:14:10 AM

I check buy or sell orders and volume then I decide whether to sell or not If I see more buyers than sellers I hold on my coins if sellers are more than buyers I sell off instantly when a coin spikes. But some coins are long-term coins that I love to hold on the other hand every coin is not good to buy again if the coin has good potential to rise back then there is no issue to buy again. Otherwise I use to buy back only well established coins in the market.
Ariess

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 09:24:25 AM

depending on the conditions and situation. at least I will first study the same altcoins that I have and hold in a period of time. this will determine every speculative action I will take. especially at the current level of chaos. there are many choices and maybe a short trade will provide the best solution rather than just waiting for the miracle of growth.
KarinaMix

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 01:26:06 PM
Merited by [BTC]Girl (1)

I do not trade and when I watch when my coin rises I sell and do not wait for it to grow, it often happens that after such a jump it falls again, so I try to pick up.
Urtaev

Activity: 285

🤖UBEX.COM 🤖

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 01:29:24 PM

When the course of my coins is moving upwards, then of course joy overflows me. The main thing is not to forget to sell them in time.

▓▓▓█████████████████████████████░░          UBEX          ░░█████████████████████████████▓▓▓
▓██████████████████░░          Global Decentralized Advertising Exchange          ░░██████████████████▓
▓███░   • Telegram  • Facebook  • ANN Thread  • Youtube  • LinkedIn  • Twitter • Medium  • Reddit  • Github   ░███▓
feelingfroggy

Activity: 220
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 01:32:58 PM

It all depends on the coin, its fundamentals and its market cap.  The coin may still be undervalued if the market is down.  Even if it does rise 30% or more.  I don't think there is a hard and fast percentage that can be used for every case. 

MyCryptoBank.io  ――  Legal and Reliable Crypto Bank
――  CRYPTOBANK FOR CRYPTOCOMMUNITY  ――
camperous

Activity: 83

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 01:33:40 PM

When any of my tokens spike,  all I do is to sell half to cash out and leave the rest. Market will always up and down, I can buy back when it fall again
lousie9

Activity: 1680
Merit: 263

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 01:45:49 PM

If the tokens I have have increased by 30%, obviously at that time I already made a sale to the token even though it was a new token and had the potential to bounce back in the coming year, therefore after the above sale of course we can wait to buy tokens when decreased again because if it has risen up to 30% then the token will definitely experience a very deep dump so that it is a loss if at that time we do not make a sale to the token.

▄▄███▄    ▄███▄▄
     ▄▀▀    █    █    ▀▀▄
    ██    ▄▄▀    ▀▄▄    ██
    ▀▄▄▄█▀▀        ▀▀█▄▄▄▀
  ▄▄█▀█▄              ▄█▀█▄▄
▄█▀     ▀▀█▄     ▄▄█▀▀     ▀█▄
██          ▀█▄▄█▀          ██
▀█▄     ▄▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀▀▄▄▄     ▄█▀
  ▀█▄▄▄▀▀            ▀▀▄▄▄█▀
   █▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▀▀█
   ██  ▀▀▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▀  ██
    ▀▄     █      █     ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▀      ▀▄▄▄▀▀
cogwise
  ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
Hyper-charge your trading with intelligent insights   ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
█████  ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▀███████
█████  █████  ██▄▀█████
█████  █▀▀██▄▄▄▄  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████

█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

GetRich
Copper Member

Activity: 76

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 07:39:03 PM

Over time, I began to understand that the most profitable thing to sell in such a situation and if the project that created this coin is very promising to buy it again when it becomes cheaper.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: