Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:07:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you do when your coin spikes?  (Read 3271 times)
cryptolidus

Activity: 406
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 09:31:19 PM

It depends on the coin. I always have predefined strategy for each coin I hold based on earlier analyses and know
what I want to achieve from each coin. If the profit target has been met I execute my trades according to that. We have
to be prepared in advance for many scenarios.

The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mobilemoses01

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 09:38:59 PM

When I see such spike, I quickly sell and wait for the price to come down and I buy again and when the price pump up again, I sell and the process continues like that. With this way, you keep making returns on your investment and you will be better off than holding
Prime20

Activity: 108

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2018, 09:39:40 PM

Since you cannot keep or hold your coin forever, you are only hodling them till when they are going to be favourable, and once it spikes, the next thing is to sell
qtronix

Activity: 596

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 10:48:13 PM

In most cases, I will most likely sell the coin in such a situation. In this case, the main thing is not to be greedy. After all, still its price will then decline and you will have the opportunity to buy it again. Because of greed, many people lost their money. So you have to be careful.
miropp

Activity: 810
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 11:03:30 PM

When a coin reaches a price that suits me, I sell it. But there are some coins that I keep for a long time. With such difficult, because you need to constantly keep yourself in hand, not to sell them on the pump. I just tell myself that after a while this coin can cost 10 times more and continue to hold it.

VPScreator

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 11:47:57 PM

In most cases, I just keep on, although I understand that selling will be a much more profitable solution, but I'm just waiting for the moment when the whole market will come to life and prices will go more confident steps up.

weblouartisan

Activity: 448

Lets Go Adab

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 12:00:21 AM

I'm just looking for the opinions of others really, there's no right or wrong answer to this question.
What do you do when a coin you're holding suddenly jumps up by like 30% or whatever? do you try to sell at the peak of that spike and buy them back once it's gone back down again? or do you just keep on hodling?

Coin spikes is really good for full time trader, because they always monitor the market and they can earn more profit in this way while people who wants a long term trading should hold.

imgoinforbitcoin

Activity: 87

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 04:45:37 AM

I'm just looking for the opinions of others really, there's no right or wrong answer to this question.
What do you do when a coin you're holding suddenly jumps up by like 30% or whatever? do you try to sell at the peak of that spike and buy them back once it's gone back down again? or do you just keep on hodling?

Hold the coins unless they get to the target price that I have set then I sell the coins, it is that simple, there is no way that I would sell my coins when they have not gotten to the price target I set for them when I bought them, I am here to make money and that is the best thing to do right now for me, there is not much else that can be done.
tinystone26

Activity: 434

Unleash the Power of the World's Crypto Data

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 04:54:22 AM

I literally sell it when I reached the exact amount target of my investments to make some new investments to open because I just don't want to take it for too long it gives me a headache sometimes if I hold it to make a bigger profit that sometimes turns to nothing that's why I take my sell my investments after it reached the value that I wanted.

▶ ▶ T O K E N D A T A   |   UNLEASH THE POWER OF THE WORLD'S CRYPTO DATA   |   T O K E N D A T A ◄ ◄
GET WHITELISTED [ REGISTER NOW ]   ❖   WHITEPAPER   ❖   ANN THREAD   ❖
■  TWITTER  ■  LINKEDIN  ■  TELEGRAM  ■  FACEBOOK  ■  MEDIUM  ■  DISCORD  ■  REDDIT  ■
fruuom

Activity: 44

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 07:13:40 AM

According to my own experience and lessons, when the price of the coins I hold soars, I will sell some of the coins to recover the funds I invested, and then pay close attention to the changes in the price of the coins. Only when I reach my investment target will I sell again. Out and wait for the opportunity to buy again
Burogh

Activity: 644

COVIR.IO

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 07:29:27 AM

When coin or token i hold spike the price, i am selling part of all my coin or token. I will not sell it all if that coin or token having good product and have solid developers team.

TitsiCoiner

Activity: 238

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 07:44:45 AM

If I see a growth of more than 50 percent, then I sell, as in most cases the price goes down again and I can buy back my coins at a lower price, this scheme works almost always.

★ HELIOS PROTOCOL ★ ✅[DAG]✅[BLOCKCHAIN]✅[PoS]✅[Masternodes] ✈✈✈[weekly Airdrop][join our discord to qualify]✈✈✈
  ▂▃▅▆█ Website  |  Github  |  Bitcointalk  | Bounties  | Discord  |  telegram █▆▅▃▂
meng0qi

Activity: 112

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 07:53:05 AM

This depends on what coin, if the coin i looks promising and i wont sell it just because of one price increase. However, to some coins i will sell it if there is profit.
Cenil

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 09:41:40 AM

see if there is still a possibility to experience more than 30% increase, if 30% of the time is maximal at that time, I will sell it directly 30% increase is already much more than waiting longer but it turns out to be decreasing and ultimately just getting a profit not as much as before.
lzby2000

Activity: 379

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 09:45:48 AM

No one can accurately predict the highest price, and I think it's necessary to specify a complete investment plan, otherwise it's hard for you to stay awake after the coins go up.

--►Telegram --►Twitter
--►Ann Thread              PIPSCHAIN - HYBRID EXCHANGE
Bringing you fiat & crypto currency in one platform!     --►Whitepaper--► Website 
--►Medium
nazaroenko1

Activity: 224

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 09:52:26 AM

It depends on the economic strategy. If you use the crypto currency as a tool for playing in the market, then of course sell. If you use the Crypto-currency as a long-term investment, it is better to wait.
rynanosih21

Activity: 224

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2018, 10:05:54 AM

I will sell the coin because the value of a coin can change.
When there is a chance that the price of a coin will rise in price, I will sell it and wait to buy more coins when the price has decreased.
Cryptocurrency market conditions are indeed difficult to predict, sometimes increasing and sometimes experiencing a decline, so we must be smart to take advantage of the Cryptocurrency market conditions.
florinda0602

Activity: 350

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 02:41:50 AM

It depends on the coin. I always have predefined strategy for each coin I hold based on earlier analyses and know
what I want to achieve from each coin. If the profit target has been met I execute my trades according to that. We have

Yes correct, if you have met your profit target, there is no need to keep your coins for too long. it will just end up to low prices if you will continue to keep it. If there have a chance to sell and you think the price is ok with you, then sell it do not hesitate.
xvacator

Activity: 340
Merit: 4

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 06:43:24 AM

Yes correct, if you have met your profit target, there is no need to keep your coins for too long. it will just end up to low prices if you will continue to keep it. If there have a chance to sell and you think the price is ok with you, then sell it do not hesitate.

but before you sell all your coin, it will better if you can leave some amount for the next increasing of the price so you can make another profit form the coin. sometimes this can happen in some coin so you need to take attention for this coin and you can expect to make another profit. but if you don't mind if the price can increase higher than the price now and it's better to take the profit while you can, then it makes sense to sell all of your coins so you can wait for another lower price to buy that coin again.
Bounty_Hunter

Activity: 252

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 06:48:30 AM

Personally, I adhere to a strict strategy and sell my coins only when they have risen above 50% of the original value.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: