Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 02:51:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: When do you think BTC will skyrocket again?  (Read 7304 times)
BitcoinSteve (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 12:05:04 AM

Next month?  2? a year?  Speculate here..

DRK: XtijFQdCcPpKXmtjKF4xdpy6vCvJTymfzw

BTC: 1LbPHiUfegA3Xjfg4YJkJqLNpaRWDcRPay

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
pungopete468

Activity: 1470
Merit: 504

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 12:23:28 AM

I suspect it will begin to climb this week and sustain a positive trend through January.

Another major factor to consider is that here in the US we have another government shutdown looming in February...

I'm very confident that all cryptos will increase in demand after that.

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2013, 12:27:03 AM

I think overstock accepting it will give it a nice bump. But when the hedge funds move in to bitcoin in a large way it will go to the moon Cheesy

Kryptox

Activity: 98

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 12:33:30 AM

What's your definition of skyrocket?  For me it skyrockets every few hours.

If you're asking when it's going to hit $5,000...well if you look at the charts, you'll see that price surges to about 400% of the previous high roughly 4 months after the last major retrace.

Disclaimer: Past performance is not indicative of future success.
BitcoinSteve (OP)

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 12:44:18 AM

If you're asking when it's going to hit $5,000...well if you look at the charts, you'll see that price surges to about 400% of the previous high roughly 4 months after the last major retrace.

Thanks!  Do you believe the winkle twins that it will hit 40k?

Kryptox

Activity: 98

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 01:00:48 AM

Thanks!  Do you believe the winkle twins that it will hit 40k?

Without a doubt.
Doublelucky

Activity: 113

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 01:08:14 AM

The real question is what will happen to the price approaching January 31 2014 - the apparent deadline for RMB withdraws from Chinese exchanges

After that is anyone's guess.. the price will probably take a few hits along the way though as various governments and banks start to take a stance on it
cr1776
Legendary

Activity: 4018
Merit: 1299

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 01:23:45 AM

I suspect it will begin to climb this week and sustain a positive trend through January.

Another major factor to consider is that here in the US we have another government shutdown looming in February...

I'm very confident that all cryptos will increase in demand after that.

They reached a deal on that so as of now it seems to be a nonissue. :-)
jonanon

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 01:27:07 AM

If only I knew! Get Christmas out of the way and think we'll see a steady increase from there.
BittBurger

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 01:33:50 AM

The real question is what will happen to the price approaching January 31 2014 - the apparent deadline for RMB withdraws from Chinese exchanges

This.

This is the real issue on the table for the next month.  Unfortunately I expect that it will go down, down down (or stay the same if other countries can support the price)... until Jan 31.   After that, its a fresh start for everyone.

I think I read that overstock wasn't planning to add it until mid year or later.

-BittBurger-

Owner: "The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
View it on the Blockchain | Genesis Block Newspaper Copies
TERA

Activity: 728

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 01:44:05 AM

It all needs to start with a full capitulation on Bitstamp, acting on it's own without following btcchina. Volume needs to be found again at it's natural level, and then there needs to be a rise on consistently high volume also.
BitcoinBarrel
Legendary

Activity: 1961
Merit: 1020

Fill Your Barrel with Bitcoins!

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2013, 01:46:15 AM

Bitcoin is still not mainstream. Once some big players get involved like PayPal, Ebay, etc. you will see it really take off. It could be next year or 2015 we'll see.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄██████████████▄
   ▄█████████████████▌
  ▐███████████████████▌
 ▄█████████████████████▄
 ███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
 ██████████████████████▀
 ▀████████████████████▀
  ▀██████████████████
    ▀▀████████████▀▀

gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 01:53:04 AM

After that is anyone's guess.. the price will probably take a few hits along the way though as various governments and banks start to take a stance on it

I would hope that buyers and sellers were rational enough to regard this as inevitable and plan accordingly. No doubt it'll make things wobble anyway.
BittBurger

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 02:03:28 AM

I would hope that buyers and sellers were rational enough to regard this as inevitable and plan accordingly. No doubt it'll make things wobble anyway.

I don't think that its very widely known that Chinese investors have been given until Jan 31 to get out of Bitcoin completely.

I randomly heard about it in a podcast, but have seen nobody discussing it here much.

No matter what buyers and sellers do on our end, we can't stop the potentially tens of thousands of Chinese who may "dump" their coins over the next 45 days.

BitcoinSteve (OP)

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 02:06:04 AM

I don't think that its very widely known that Chinese investors have been given until Jan 31 to get out of Bitcoin completely.

I randomly heard about it in a podcast, but have seen nobody discussing it here much.

No matter what buyers and sellers do on our end, we can't stop the potentially tens of thousands of Chinese who may "dump" their coins over the next 45 days.

What would happen then?  Price drop?

UnDerDoG81
Legendary

Activity: 2179
Merit: 1201

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 02:09:31 AM

Question is, will $40k will be worth $40k when BTC arrives at $40k  Huh
BittBurger

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 02:12:09 AM

What would happen then?  Price drop?

Honestly I'm not sure, but that's the assumption.

I guess it depends on how quickly.  How many people.  How many coins.

Is China still the thing propping us up?

Remember:  Before china we were at $150-200 pretty consistently.  

China took us from $200 to $1200 practically overnight.

Now remove China completely from the equation.   Will we go back to $200?

Its probable that a lot more people got in over the last 2 months.  Maybe enough to support a $300 price.  Maybe $400.   Maybe even $500.  

-B-

TERA

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 02:13:46 AM

Its probable that a lot more people got in over the last 2 months.  Maybe enough to support a $300 price.  Maybe $400.   Maybe even $500.  

-B-
I thought it was China that brought us out of the silk road crash too.
keewee
Legendary

Activity: 1025
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 02:29:19 AM

That's not strictly correct. Jan 31 is when withdrawals from the exchanges through traditional means come to an end afaik. Chinese investors can still hold their bitcoins as long as they want, and trade on other exchanges if they have the ability to withdraw in other currencies. They can also buy and sell otc as much as they want. I would imagine, also, that the exchanges are busy trying to come up with solutions so they can continue to operate after that date.

1keewee2vRp63UWvPBynT55ZYw6SUCKDB
EvilPanda

Activity: 658

Small Red and Bad

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 02:31:54 AM

-B-

It shouldn't be that bad. We have Gox opening worldwide transfers ( probably hoping to invite some Chinese). We have possible new exchange opening in the UK and one already up in India.

If china sells there will be people screaming "shut up and take my money" everywhere. Just ask yourself now - would I buy at $200? I sure would, which means it won't go that low.

MatTheCat

Activity: 840

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 02:33:03 AM

Next month?  2? a year?  Speculate here..

After it has been smashed into the basement by the China wind down, and has spent a period of time trending in the doledrums.

Anyone who thinks that this China thing is over, or that Bitcoin 'doesn't need China', and that the China effect has been priced into the market at $500 is delusional imo.

A massive big glut of coins that WILL be getting sold on a Bitcoin exchange near you, and soon!

If china sells there will be people screaming "shut up and take my money" everywhere. Just ask yourself now - would I buy at $200? I sure would, which means it won't go that low.

Yeah, cos you call the shots in this market!

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 02:39:08 AM

What's to stop the chinese gov from deciding that btcchina is their Silk Road, shutting it down and seizing all the bitcoins on the exchange? If they do that, they could then wait a few months, half a year or whatever, declare bitcoin Good and have a lot of them handy.

Look inside yourself, and you will see that you are the bubble.
EvilPanda

Activity: 658

Small Red and Bad

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 02:43:22 AM

Next month?  2? a year?  Speculate here..

After it has been smashed into the basement by the China wind down, and has spent a period of time trending in the doledrums.

Anyone who thinks that this China thing is over, or that Bitcoin 'doesn't need China', is delusional imo.

A massive big glut of coins that WILL be getting sold on a Bitcoin exchange near you, and soon!

Yeah, cos you call the shots in this market!

Thankfully you don't. I've seen some of your predictions and they are all extremely sceptical and pessimistic. The glass is always half empty, right?

damiano
Legendary

Activity: 1246

103 days, 21 hours and 10 minutes.

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 02:43:46 AM

$300-450 is a good price for china not being able to buy coins.

No offense to India, but I have a handful of friends that live there and I have been told that majority of that country is very poor with a small middle class and a handful of the wealthy.  I don't think the majority would put to much into bitcoins.

MatTheCat

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 02:47:30 AM
Last edit: December 22, 2013, 03:50:37 AM by MatTheCat

Thankfully you don't. I've seen some of your predictions and they are all extremely sceptical and pessimistic. The glass is always half empty, right?

YEAH BUT GUESS WHAT!!!

UP UNTIL NOW, I HAVE ALWAYS BEEN RIGHT!

The only time I have been wrong in a way that made me lose money, was when I was too optimistic. (buying crash at $550 instead of $400....I panic sold on bounce).

No offense to India, but I have a handful of friends that live there and I have been told that majority of that country is very poor with a small middle class and a handful of the wealthy.  I don't think the majority would put to much into bitcoins.

It is exactly these sort of places where the few who have money are looking to both hide and get their wealth the fk out the country.

Wealthy people in these countries are those who will have the biggest hard-ons for Bitcoin.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
empoweoqwj

Activity: 518

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 03:39:13 AM

-B-

The price has never been stable. There is always a news event to send coins one way or the other. Just have to wait to see if the next is good or bad.
outofservice

Activity: 70
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 03:47:09 AM

I worked overseas for 6 yrs and our company hired them as cheap labor. Lots of time and conversation with them (Hundreds of them coming and going over the 6 yrs), them mainly being from the South, East and West. Only a couple from the North. All of them, regardless of location, had about a nickle in their pocket. Very Poor! On top of being very poor they are also Very Tight with their money.
I don't see them being a power player like China... unless and only if they designed some mining machines that blow away whats out there now.
empoweoqwj

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 03:53:18 AM

Agreed about India. It won't be India pushing the price up to new levels.
BitcoinSteve (OP)

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 04:04:42 AM

donations anyone for my great thread?   Grin

empoweoqwj

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 04:57:15 AM

Crikey - there's subtle and there's ..... that Wink
pbody

Activity: 198

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 05:29:59 AM

▌▌   Anonymous and Untraceable     ›› ››   DeepOnion  ‹‹ ‹‹     TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED    ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     ANN  Whitepaper  FACEBOOK  Twitter  Youtube  Forum     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▌▌   ••  JOIN AIRDROP 🚀  ••  |||   Download DeepOnion   |||   ✅ Verified with DeepVault    ▌▌
BitcoinSteve (OP)

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 05:30:58 AM

Crikey - there's subtle and there's ..... that Wink
lol whoops

Azeh

Activity: 441

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 06:27:24 AM

What's to stop the chinese gov from deciding that btcchina is their Silk Road, shutting it down and seizing all the bitcoins on the exchange? If they do that, they could then wait a few months, half a year or whatever, declare bitcoin Good and have a lot of them handy.

The Chinese Government won't shutdown the exchanges; they don't operate like that.  Next step, will be to shutdown CNY withdrawals from exchanges.  This has already been rumored. Do you remember the last rumor? The one about banning 3rd party payment processors.  Yeah, well that turned out to be true, and I believe this will as well. 

The end result will be an effective handcuffing of Chinese exchanges, without actually shutting them down.  The government doesn't want to seem hostile towards Bitcoin and make any new enemies, so they will say it is only temporary, however this is BS. 

This way they still comply with the Dec. 5th report, which states Bitcoin is a commodity that individuals are free to hold and trade.  How many will be left after this happens? Not many.  This will cause a short-term price crash on all exchanges.  Btc will effectively go underground after this point.

If anyone wants to understand the philosophy behind the Chinese governments attack on Bitcoin, I suggest you read "The Art of War" by Sun Tzu
seleme
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1028

Duelbits.com

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2013, 06:44:10 AM

No offense to India, but I have a handful of friends that live there and I have been told that majority of that country is very poor with a small middle class and a handful of the wealthy.  I don't think the majority would put to much into bitcoins.

Agreed about India. It won't be India pushing the price up to new levels.

It wasn't China who did it except for hype & marketing purposes. Loads of China's traffic was fake or artificially pushed with no fees policy. And loads of their legit traffic was coming from Westerners trading there.

China is used as hype to push the price up, it was, is and will always be The West who will make Bitcoin to shine. No CHina, India, Brazil or anyone can do for Bitcoin what one huge Wall Street Fund could do.

███████████████▄▄
    ██████████████████████▄
  ██████████████████████████▄
 ███████   ▀████████▀   ████▄
██████████    █▀  ▀    ██████▄
███████████▄▄▀  ██  ▀▄▄████████
███████████          █████████
███████████▀▀▄  ██  ▄▀▀████████
██████████▀   ▀▄  ▄▀   ▀██████▀
 ███████  ▄██▄████▄█▄  █████▀
  ██████████████████████████▀
    ██████████████████████▀
       ███████████████▀▀
.Duelbits.
..THE MOST REWARDING CASINO......
   ▄▄▄▄████▀███▄▄▄▄▄
▄███▄▀▄██▄   ▄██▄▀▄███▄
████▄█▄███▄█▄███▄█▄████
███████████████████████   ▄██▄
██     ██     ██     ██   ▀██▀
██ ▀▀█ ██ ▀▀█ ██ ▀▀█ ██    ██
██  █  ██  █  ██  █  ██
█▌  ██
██     ██     ██     ████  ██
█████████████████████████  ██
████████████████████████████▀
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████▌
       +4,000      
PROVABLY FAIR
GAMES
   $500,000  
MONTHLY
PRIZE POOL
      $10,000     
BLACKJACK
GIVEAWAY
TERA

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 07:47:24 AM

Much psychology. Many trade.
Dafar
Legendary

Activity: 1330

dafar consulting

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 08:28:38 AM

It wont sky rocket as long as im holding btc because I NEVER have good luck with money or get lucky when i invest. Sorry if I ruined it for everyone else

███████████
███████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████░████░░███████████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░░██████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░███████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████
██████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████
██████████
|
|
|
sinner

Activity: 615

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 09:58:10 AM

Ah, of course thanks Satoshi and community, but I am still here =) Next entering point for me is in 2016-2017 year.

No legit target during few years. Fuck it, I go away.

i went through the 'analysis never ends' thread and a lot of his predictions are scary good.  somehow i doubt he'll be gone for 2 years tho.
dg2010

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 10:08:06 AM

YEAH BUT GUESS WHAT!!!

UP UNTIL NOW, I HAVE ALWAYS BEEN RIGHT!

If you truly believed that you would have been trading the last few days instead of sitting it out.

Most of my play btc went this morning as my sell orders got pinged at 660-670 which I picked up not even 7 hours ago at $570. The rally may have some more legs but I'm betting that it will cycle back down again.

Seems to me from staring at the charts that although BTC China price is lower than MTGOX + BitStamp, China is still somewhat driving the markets. The rallys in China seem to push the mtgox/bitstamp prices up well before I see any movement there. Might be lags in my charts but whenever I see huge buys in china, stamp jumps up pretty shortly after.

btcrich

Activity: 302

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 10:46:53 AM

Why would people here in China get rid of their Bitcoins if they feel that it might be more difficult to obtain them in the future?  I certainly would not sell and would be hoarding them instead!
empoweoqwj

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 11:11:55 AM

Why would people here in China get rid of their Bitcoins if they feel that it might be more difficult to obtain them in the future?  I certainly would not sell and would be hoarding them instead!

I think the Chinese people that want to get rid have done so already. Hence the price has stabilised.  You are right. Just like in the west, there will be a lot of hoarders hoping the coins are worth a lot more in the future.
Wilhelm
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1265

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 11:34:04 AM

If you can't spend bitcoin due to the big Chinese firewall and your too poor to go abroad what are bitcoins worth?
You would hoard them but you are referring to a free country. China is not a free country.

Bitcoin is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get !!
empoweoqwj

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 11:39:22 AM

If you can't spend bitcoin due to the big Chinese firewall and your too poor to go abroad what are bitcoins worth?
You would hoard them but you are referring to a free country. China is not a free country.

The people that keep them either (1) can afford to go abroad, Chinese are the most prominent tourists on the planet now, or (2) are banking on other ways of converting them back to fiat, sometime in the future, or (3) just planning to keep them for a very long time Smiley
btcrich

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 11:59:16 AM
Last edit: December 22, 2013, 12:10:14 PM by btcrich

Why would people here in China get rid of their Bitcoins if they feel that it might be more difficult to obtain them in the future?  I certainly would not sell and would be hoarding them instead!

What empoweoqwj said.

Also, I live in China.  Firstly, the great China firewall cannot block p2p networks so I will always be able to send and receive Bitcoins.  Also, we have access to VPN.

Secondly, I can open a bank account abroad in just about any country in the world and wire funds from my account here in China to the offshore account.  

These government regulations are only a nuisance here.  Certainly not a Bitcoin killer.
MatTheCat

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 01:45:10 PM
Last edit: December 22, 2013, 02:31:43 PM by MatTheCat

If you truly believed that you would have been trading the last few days instead of sitting it out.

Most of my play btc went this morning as my sell orders got pinged at 660-670 which I picked up not even 7 hours ago at $570. The rally may have some more legs but I'm betting that it will cycle back down again.

Seems to me from staring at the charts that although BTC China price is lower than MTGOX + BitStamp, China is still somewhat driving the markets. The rallys in China seem to push the mtgox/bitstamp prices up well before I see any movement there. Might be lags in my charts but whenever I see huge buys in china, stamp jumps up pretty shortly after.

With regards to the comments made to me by Evil Panda, I was calling a crash practically on the eve of the Nov $750 - $350...was bearish thereafter, until it became clearly obvious that BTC was coming right back. From this point until just after the double top, I was bullish. I have been bearish from $1000 all the way down, and have been getting trolled all the way down. I am still bearish, I am still getting trolled so I like to point out that generally, I have mostly been right up until now.

I can't see the future. I came to my computer expecting BTC to be at around $550, but against all my expectations and against the chart formations (that I was looking at), it was $660. Well I be damned! In most other financial assets, this would be a serious move. In Bitcoin it is a trifling, and for someone with my tolerance for loss and risk, the gains not really worthwhile.

When I first started calling ridiculous lows, I was butt hurt. Because of this, I missed out on gains which otherwise would have been obvious to me (they were obvious to me before I lost my nerve on a bearish pennant formation on bounce at sub $500). Until I admitted that to myself, my thinking with regards to Bitcoin was always going to be tainted. I am no longer sour. I have done very well on Bitcoin, I have nothing to cry about.

However, as I turned my mind back to Bitcoin with a view to investing further, ready to accept that the bottom was in and to look for good buying opportunities, it became very clear to me that Bitcoin must go much lower, saving for some highly unlikely U-Turn from the Chinese. I have no idea when this will happen but presumably before Jan 2014 is out. I will also not pretend that this 'clarity' came out about as a result of rigorous chart analysis and studying of fundamentals, as the prediction was definitely more of the intuitive sort. Whilst I don't expect my gut instincts to influence anyone else's investment decisions they are certainly going to influence mine.

Although China is lower, it is clear that it is still the market maker and why wouldn't it be? Every Bitcoin investor in the world is aware that BTC China represents a massive glut of coins that will/could be hitting an exchange somewhere near you, and soon. What China does is as good a near term indicator as any  MACD or RSI, and as always with herd mechanics, the more who believe that this is the case, the truer it will be.

Siegfried

Activity: 266

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 02:56:01 PM

Why wouldn't the Chinese keep their coins, knowing that they won't have a chance to buy them with CNY again?
T.Stuart

Activity: 644

One Token to Move Anything Anywhere

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 03:01:44 PM

... From this point until just after the double top, I was bullish.

Man you really have some sixth sense working for you there!  Roll Eyes

███████████████▄▄▄                     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄                     ▄█████▀
████████████████████▄                ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄                 ▄█████▀
              ▀▀█████▄             ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄             ▄█████▀
                 █████▌          ▄█████▀ ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄         ▄█████▀
                 ▐█████        ▄█████▀     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▄█████▀
                 █████▌      ▄█████▀         ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄ ▄█████▀
              ▄▄█████▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████████▀
████████████████████▀    ▄█████▀     ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▀
███████████████▀▀▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█▀
                                    ▀███████▀
                                      ▀███▀
                                        ▀
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
.◆ ◆ ◆ ONE TOKEN TO MOVE ANYTHING ANYWHERE ◆ ◆ ◆.
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
MatTheCat

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 04:05:40 PM
Last edit: December 22, 2013, 04:16:53 PM by MatTheCat

... From this point until just after the double top, I was bullish.

Man you really have some sixth sense working for you there!  Roll Eyes

Well.

I think you shall find that most on here were talking about when Bitcoin was taking out $1500, when I was selling $1100 coin at $1000, in order to have the funds ready for buy-in between $600 - $700, which on this occasion, I caught sweetly.

I am not saying that I am some kind of market sage, but compared to the majority on here, I am Warren fkn Buffet.

I am going to go and check your post history, but I am pretty sure that you were a 'coming crash denier' when Bitcoin was at around $800, shortly before it plummeted to $380. I wasn't, but I did let the bullshit I read on these pages dampen my near term pessimism towards Bitcoin and aimed too high ($550), costing myself dear.

EDIT: FOUND ONE!

(actually, I found a lot more than one....but what a difference a day makes eh?)

Up until recently I've been quite bearish but seeing all the "strong hands" out there is impressive. And let's be honest, the China news and the bullshit negative propaganda is losing its power rapidly - generally things are looking bright for the future. I'm starting to believe that things are going to keep moving between 700 and 1000 until January, when things push upwards. Are all those waiting for the 450 mark really never going to see their dreams come true?

Given your track record and your present tone, you are making me seriously consider double digit figures in the near future.

T.Stuart

Activity: 644

One Token to Move Anything Anywhere

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 04:31:21 PM

Ha ha! I just meant the way you phrased it "bullish until just after the double-top"... sounds obvious, get it?

But if you want to talk seriously about predicting bitcoin price movements... I admit it - it's a fair cop - I'm pretty crap at it!

███████████████▄▄▄                     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄                     ▄█████▀
████████████████████▄                ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄                 ▄█████▀
              ▀▀█████▄             ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄             ▄█████▀
                 █████▌          ▄█████▀ ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄         ▄█████▀
                 ▐█████        ▄█████▀     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▄█████▀
                 █████▌      ▄█████▀         ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄ ▄█████▀
              ▄▄█████▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████████▀
████████████████████▀    ▄█████▀     ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▀
███████████████▀▀▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█▀
                                    ▀███████▀
                                      ▀███▀
                                        ▀
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
.◆ ◆ ◆ ONE TOKEN TO MOVE ANYTHING ANYWHERE ◆ ◆ ◆.
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
MatTheCat

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 04:37:55 PM

Ha ha! I just meant the way you phrased it "bullish until just after the double-top"... sounds obvious, get it?

But if you want to talk seriously about predicting bitcoin price movements... I admit it - it's a fair cop - I'm pretty crap at it!

Yeah...to me it was obvious.

But apparently not to 80% of the 'HODL' phrase using retards on this forum.

If you want to go find someone on here with an uncanny ability for pulling Bitcoin predictions out of his dreams n shit like that, go and search for a poster called zukool (or something like that).

Bitcoin was charging up towards its first $1200 top when he came out and stated he had dreams where Bitcoin was back trading in $200 range. Sounded inconceivable at the time, but we got pretty close to that already and if William Hill (I assume you are from UK, Scottish even?) were taking bets on Bitcoin prices, I don't think that you would get great odds by betting on Bitcoin to hit $200 range before Jan 2014 is out.

DoomDumas
Legendary

Activity: 1002

Bitcoin

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 12:11:49 AM

Q1 2014
Lloydie

Activity: 140

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 12:46:23 AM

The rich in India will have a major impact. The poor will do what they can to hang on.
BittBurger

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 01:40:35 AM

The rich in India will have a major impact. The poor will do what they can to hang on.

There is nothing stopping 200 million Indians from buying into sub-1 BTC quantities of Bitcoin ... however this will not do a thing to increase its overall price.

Because of BTC's nearly infinite divisibility, theoretically an entire country could buy in mBTC's at a price of $650 and the value wouldn't go up even $1 USD.

empoweoqwj

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 03:28:38 AM

What exchange will the Indian rich use? Is it easy to wire money in and out of India or are their restrictions like China?
Lloydie

Activity: 140

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 03:41:21 AM

What exchange will the Indian rich use? Is it easy to wire money in and out of India or are their restrictions like China?

https://buysellbitco.in/. I don't know much about Indian currency controls.
empoweoqwj

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 03:53:30 AM

https://buysellbitco.in/. I don't know much about Indian currency controls.

Thanks. There is certainly plenty of money in the Indian middle classes. Perhaps they will join in on the next "boom". I certainly don't see them causing it.
revans

Activity: 336

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 04:03:19 AM

Kind of telling that you don't consider the possibility that it may never do so again.
empoweoqwj

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 04:24:41 AM

Kind of telling that you don't consider the possibility that it may never do so again.

The short history of bitcoin tells us it doesn't take much to set off a "boom". So the chances of it never happening again are highly unlikely.
shmadz
Legendary

Activity: 1512

@theshmadz

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 04:52:11 AM

To me this feels a lot like it did after the first boom.

price shot up to 30, came back to ten, some people didn't want to believe it was over and it came back to around 15? and then down to 2.

I remember some pretty sobering times while the price just festered in the five dollar range.

Just to put up a guess, I think we are looking forward to an awkwardly long time in the 400-600 range. I would guess we won't see the next "skyrocket" until May 5 2014.

"You have no moral right to rule us, nor do you possess any methods of enforcement that we have reason to fear." - John Perry Barlow, 1996
empoweoqwj

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 04:58:33 AM

price shot up to 30, came back to ten, some people didn't want to believe it was over and it came back to around 15? and then down to 2.

I remember some pretty sobering times while the price just festered in the five dollar range.

Just to put up a guess, I think we are looking forward to an awkwardly long time in the 400-600 range. I would guess we won't see the next "skyrocket" until May 5 2014.

Love the "May 5" bit - got a problem with May 4? Wink
keewee
Legendary

Activity: 1025

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 05:04:38 AM

May 5 is Monday  Smiley

1keewee2vRp63UWvPBynT55ZYw6SUCKDB
empoweoqwj

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 05:05:39 AM

May 5 is Monday  Smiley

Gotcha Smiley
btcrich

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 04:19:44 AM

There was a thread on the forum about an exchange in India that had just launched. 

Guarav Burman is also bringing an exchange to India that will have credibility. 

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/tech/internet/dabur-scion-gaurav-burman-bites-into-bitcoins/articleshow/27574053.cms

No offense to India, but I have a handful of friends that live there and I have been told that majority of that country is very poor with a small middle class and a handful of the wealthy.  I don't think the majority would put to much into bitcoins.

There is nothing stopping 200 million Indians from buying into sub-1 BTC quantities of Bitcoin ... however this will not do a thing to increase its overall price.

Because of BTC's nearly infinite divisibility, theoretically an entire country could buy in mBTC's at a price of $650 and the value wouldn't go up even $1 USD.

Don't you think it would be better for the future of Bitcoin to have 200 million people invest $1 each into Bitcoin rather than one person invest $200 million?  How would the price not move in either case?
empoweoqwj

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 04:23:10 AM

It could take decades for 200 million people to invest $1 each. That's the only downside.
btcrich

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 04:35:38 AM

It could take decades for 200 million people to invest $1 each. That's the only downside.

I was moreso questioning BittBurger's remark that price would not move if large populations bought only small quantities of Bitcoin.  Of course you would be dreaming if you thought an Indian exchange would suddenly have 200 million users.  Mt. Gox only reached 1 million users just a few days ago.

How many users does btcchina have?  I'm pretty sure it's not even close to 1 million.  Even at 1 million, that would still be less than 0.1% of the population here.
piramida
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010

Borsche

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 10:29:38 AM

People will never be bothered to register and buy at exchanges. However, 2014 would be the year of bitcoin ATMs being installed in hundreds around the world. That would help general public chip in, the first ever did over 1mil dollar business in just one month.

i am satoshi
empoweoqwj

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 10:57:57 AM

People will never be bothered to register and buy at exchanges. However, 2014 would be the year of bitcoin ATMs being installed in hundreds around the world. That would help general public chip in, the first ever did over 1mil dollar business in just one month.

Agreed. ATM machines installed in as many locations in as many countries as legalities allow will drive adoption, not dodgy web exchanges which few people appear to like in any way.
btcrich

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 11:54:51 AM

Agreed. ATM machines installed in as many locations in as many countries as legalities allow will drive adoption, not dodgy web exchanges which few people appear to like in any way.

Yes, totally.  First one did 1 mil in the first month?  That's awesome!

I've been meaning to do a bit more research into what I'd need to do to set some up here in China.  Hearing this, I should probably get moving on it.
piramida
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010

Borsche

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 12:03:31 PM

Yes, totally.  First one did 1 mil in the first month?  That's awesome!

I've been meaning to do a bit more research into what I'd need to do to set some up here in China.  Hearing this, I should probably get moving on it.

http://www.coindesk.com/robocoin-bitcoin-atm-cad1m-29-days/

It's not as simple as buy one and install one; you have to already have some weight in local business circles to even start discussions with atm manufacturers. Being able to rent a good place for installation is most important.

i am satoshi
btcrich

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 12:20:17 PM

Yes, totally.  First one did 1 mil in the first month?  That's awesome!

I've been meaning to do a bit more research into what I'd need to do to set some up here in China.  Hearing this, I should probably get moving on it.

http://www.coindesk.com/robocoin-bitcoin-atm-cad1m-29-days/

It's not as simple as buy one and install one; you have to already have some weight in local business circles to even start discussions with atm manufacturers. Being able to rent a good place for installation is most important.

I have retail locations available in Beijing, Shanghai, and Shenzhen already.  Also, I can't imagine the hardware being that difficult to acquire here.  What I'm interested in is exactly how the transaction is performed and at what premium to the buyer.  As long as it can be tied in directly to an exchange to avoid any exposure to the volatile market on my part, seems like a no-brainer.

Either way, will research this.
suukool

Activity: 413

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 01:05:57 PM

Yeah...to me it was obvious.

But apparently not to 80% of the 'HODL' phrase using retards on this forum.

If you want to go find someone on here with an uncanny ability for pulling Bitcoin predictions out of his dreams n shit like that, go and search for a poster called zukool (or something like that).

Bitcoin was charging up towards its first $1200 top when he came out and stated he had dreams where Bitcoin was back trading in $200 range. Sounded inconceivable at the time, but we got pretty close to that already and if William Hill (I assume you are from UK, Scottish even?) were taking bets on Bitcoin prices, I don't think that you would get great odds by betting on Bitcoin to hit $200 range before Jan 2014 is out.
It's SuuKool...and thank you. Bitcoin is going UP not down.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: