Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 10:51:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you think some countries already adding BTC to their reserves?
No - 60 (47.6%)
Yes - 66 (52.4%)
Total Voters: 126

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think some countries already adding BTC to their reserves?  (Read 4602 times)
TonyOliver

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2013, 05:53:43 PM

With a traditional computer that is essentially true - but couldn't a quantum computer perform an infinite amount of computations in a finite time? Or have I misunderstood the principle of quantum computing. I wouldn't put it past the NSA having this technology. Alternatively they may have a back door into the current encryption method - which is probably worth more to them not to reveal. 

Free Bitcoin Giveaway - Your source for all things bitcoin
rarkenin

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 05:58:39 PM

For  quantum computing, not true. It can still only do finite work depending on the computer's design, and there still aren't large enugh quantum computers to do SHA256 and mining.

As for SHA being broken, SHA is nothing like Skipjack. It got independently validated.
CoinCidental
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

Si vis pacem, para bellum

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 06:15:06 PM
Last edit: December 22, 2013, 06:43:00 PM by CoinCidental

DPR will not get released  if he refuses to give up the rest of the coins
or the passwords to the wallets already seized

i dont think hes in much of a position to haggle with the 5 or 6
murder charges they tacked on as well as everything else

the judge will not let him come out to 500,000+ btc

that would be like a bank robber getting to keep the stolen  money
to enjoy when he gets out Smiley
bonker

Merit: 502

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 06:28:27 PM

The recent China dump was a deliberate act of market manipulation by the Chinks to lower BTC price and allow China to add to its reserves... FACT!

Any country lumbered with USD will be unofficially buying BTC

.Minter.                       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                  ▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
               ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
            ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
          ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▄   ▀▓▀   ▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▄     ▄▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ╟▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▄ ▄▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ║▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
       ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
           ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
             ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
                ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀
                     ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀
||

╓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒
▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌        ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀╜        ╙▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓⌐         ▓▓▓▓▓         ╣▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀█▀▀^         ╫▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                     ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                 #▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
 ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
WALLET

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█
quone17

Activity: 224
Merit: 104

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2013, 07:12:23 PM

I'd actually think it would be the later countries, the ones with a lot of money and "spare" cash, who might already be accumulating bitcoin just in case.  I know that china doesn't have to divulge what their assets are but I think the fed has to, don't they?

Bitcoin Exchange Guide- List of the Top Bitcoin Exchanges, Find Places to Buy, Sell and Trade Bitcoins.
smoothrunnings

Activity: 616

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 08:56:20 PM

The recent China dump was a deliberate act of market manipulation by the Chinks to lower BTC price and allow China to add to its reserves... FACT!

You need to get your facts straight. China simply wanted to keep bitcoin separate from the banks and their fiat currency. When you put your fiat money do you really know what happens to it? Do you know the long-term damage that is caused to the government and the banking system when you take your fiat money out and put it into a digital currency like bitcoin? It doesn't sound like you do otherwise you wouldn't be making this accusations about China.

Banks aren't going to go down without a fight, expect to see more of this around the world and at the same time the media outlets reporting as they want you to see it an hear it but not what really is going on. Smiley

This is why I don't rarely watch the news on the TV, and see why now with the control the media has over people like yourself why the "wealthy" not the "rich" are raised without a TV.

TonyOliver

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2013, 10:55:39 PM

You need to get your facts straight. China simply wanted to keep bitcoin separate from the banks and their fiat currency. When you put your fiat money do you really know what happens to it? Do you know the long-term damage that is caused to the government and the banking system when you take your fiat money out and put it into a digital currency like bitcoin? It doesn't sound like you do otherwise you wouldn't be making this accusations about China.

Banks aren't going to go down without a fight, expect to see more of this around the world and at the same time the media outlets reporting as they want you to see it an hear it but not what really is going on. Smiley

This is why I don't rarely watch the news on the TV, and see why now with the control the media has over people like yourself why the "wealthy" not the "rich" are raised without a TV.

I agree that China has a lot more to lose from allowing bitcoins in the mainstream as they threaten the very fabric of the governments control structure. However, that doesn't mean they aren't hedging their bets. Who wouldn't?

leopard2
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1014

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 12:39:12 AM

I would not be surprised at all if Chinese govt is diverting some of their USD holdings into BTC as we speak, at cheap prices of course, under 600

After that they will permit moderate BTC business in China again. This will result in 1000+ BTC which would mean that stupid bears have sent their USD straight to China  Grin

Truth is the new hatespeech.
TonyOliver

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2013, 01:16:06 AM

I wonder if there is any animosity regarding the fact the creator has a Japanese name - they aren't the best of friends the Chinese and Japanese.

cdog

Activity: 1036

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 02:00:47 AM

I wonder if there is any animosity regarding the fact the creator has a Japanese name - they aren't the best of friends the Chinese and Japanese.

With a traditional computer that is essentially true - but couldn't a quantum computer perform an infinite amount of computations in a finite time? Or have I misunderstood the principle of quantum computing. I wouldn't put it past the NSA having this technology. Alternatively they may have a back door into the current encryption method - which is probably worth more to them not to reveal. 

OK, welcome to the forums glad you made it. So please dont take this the wrong way:

You need to read more on here (lurk) and use the search function before you start posting these brain farts of yours all over the place.

All of these points you mentioned have been discussed ad nauseam on BTCTalk. By people with IQs much higher than you or me.

BTCTalk is a great place to learn and remember what being a student is like:

Be quiet in class, listen carefully to the teachers and smart kids and DO YOUR HOMEWORK!  Grin
empoweoqwj

Activity: 518

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 03:18:17 AM

lol it's not 1.5% but it is a lot I thought it was something like 240,000 BTC from what I saw on articles, definitely a lot but the problem is they haven't been able to access most of it because the wallet is passworded.

lol - like the NSA have no idea how to crack passwords Wink

If you have a password like this (https://www.grc.com/passwords.htm) it will take the NSA an infinite amount of time to crack it.

Enjoy!

Cheesy

Well he wasn't very smart in several areas, that was clear, so I doubt his password was "all that"
bonker

Merit: 502

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 08:22:04 AM

Sorry buddy, could you re-phrase this rambling gibberish into a succinct and coherent arguement?

I restate: The Chinks deliberately manipulated the Bitcoin market recently so they could add it to their reserves... still a FACT!

.Minter.                       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                  ▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
               ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
            ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
          ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▄   ▀▓▀   ▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▄     ▄▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ╟▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▄ ▄▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ║▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
       ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
           ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
             ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
                ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀
                     ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀
||

╓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒
▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌        ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀╜        ╙▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓⌐         ▓▓▓▓▓         ╣▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀█▀▀^         ╫▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                     ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                 #▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
 ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
WALLET

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█
Bitcoinpro
Legendary

Activity: 1344

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 09:56:20 AM

why would they need too 

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM

CRYPTOCURRENCY CENTRAL BANK

LTC: LP7bcFENVL9vdmUVea1M6FMyjSmUfsMVYf
CoinCidental
Legendary

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 10:54:30 AM

Sorry buddy, could you re-phrase this rambling gibberish into a succinct and coherent arguement?

I restate: The Chinks deliberately manipulated the Bitcoin market recently so they could add it to their reserves... still a FACT!

the chinese goverment could buy every  coin in the exchanges if they wanted to
the fed is not the only one who can print shitloads of cash with nothing behind it lol
there would be no need to crash the price to get it cheaper for the likes of the chinese govt 
zimmah
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 11:04:04 AM

One could argue the USA already has a substantial amount of BTC @ the FBI.
empoweoqwj

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 11:16:42 AM

Already made that point earlier in the thread Smiley
CoinCidental
Legendary

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 11:33:18 AM

+ pirate@40 surely will have his coins confiscated when he gets to court for the BTCST

thats a very sustancial number  cominbined with the missing silk rd wallets if DPR ever gives them up

empoweoqwj

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 02:28:32 PM

+ pirate@40 surely will have his coins confiscated when he gets to court for the BTCST

thats a very sustancial number  cominbined with the missing silk rd wallets if DPR ever gives them up

probably get waterboarded for them. nobody can stand that
CoinCidental
Legendary

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 03:27:28 PM

probably get waterboarded for them. nobody can stand that

would not be a bit surprised if they  throw him in a really  hardcore   prison where stuff like beatings or gangrape happens daily  until he gives the coins up and gets moved somewhere with a bit more protection ........

if i were him id probably give them the coins  but as soon as he does that hes lost his only bargaining chips
its a tough decision .....
theyre going to throw the book at him anyway for making them look silly for all the  years they were unable to catch him
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 07:41:59 PM

Alas, it appears that BTCST was a bitcoin-denominated Ponzi. As such, new investment was rolled into 'profits' for older investors. Consequently, little if any XBT is likely to remain.

I wish it were otherwise - I'd be ecstatic with even pennies on the dollar.

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: