Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 03:52:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: We are at "THE" ATH  (Read 3778 times)
SuperHakka (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 11:26:50 AM

so i woke up this morning and while scratching me nuts i had a epiphany come on. bear with me now (har ha) as i explain. about 15 years ago i got involved myself in this company called AMWAY. some you may know about this but the point I want to make is that everybody who was IN thought that it would change completly the world of marketing and commerce and retailing. AMWAY was gonna rewrite the script and rip new assholes for walmart etc. you saw what happend. NOTHING and i mean NOTHING would dampen the enthusion felt by the amwayers.

ok, ok i getting to me point soon. the reason that AMWAY fell away is not because its because of its busness model (though some peeps would take me up on that), but that the GENRAL PUBLIC are simultanously thich AS PIGSHIT to understand the concept,  TOO LAZY to change habits and too annoygingly SKEPTICAL to believe what they were being told. nothing in the 15 years since has changed my opinin of the public.

What if, WHAT IF, we are not more or less at the maximum number of bitcoiners that there will ever be??? remember, when I was in AMWAY, everybody TOTALLY BELIEVED that in 10 years from then, 1 in 5 people were going to be in AMWAY. how wrong that was,

what if indeed we are in the terminus population size? (holding steady as a few new peeps come in to replace those leaving). what possible scope is there for it to go much higher than now? could this be your last chances to feel like a BOSS 5 years from now as bitcoin stays the same size as it is now.

Think it possible that the general public will really use bitcoin, you'd bet your life on it? been in AMWAY before?

'First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they attack you. Then you win.' - Mohandas Gandhi
"Whenever I'm about to do something, I think, 'Would an idiot do this?' and if he would, I do not do that thing." - Dwight Schrute

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
wobber
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 11:41:32 AM

Amcoin

If you hate me, you can spam me here: 19wdQNKjnATkgXvpzmSrkSYhJtuJWb8mKs
SuperHakka (OP)

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 11:44:42 AM

haha nice one wobber.

WHAT IF BITCOIN IS A CULT???

'First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they attack you. Then you win.' - Mohandas Gandhi
"Whenever I'm about to do something, I think, 'Would an idiot do this?' and if he would, I do not do that thing." - Dwight Schrute
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2013, 11:56:19 AM

The difference between Amway and Bitcoin is nerds have no need for cleaning products!
TERA

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 12:03:23 PM

Bear with me.

Wilhelm
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1265

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 12:03:29 PM

I think AMWAY fell due to the amount of typo's in your OP.

Bitcoin is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get !!
SuperHakka (OP)

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 12:10:41 PM

tut tut attacking the message and not the messenger now are we yip yip  Roll Eyes

cr1776
Legendary

Activity: 4032
Merit: 1299

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 12:29:42 PM

Amway has been around since 1959.  Those who joined 15 years ago, we're late adopters.  It has made lots of people lots of money, bitcoin is not a multilevel marketing scheme though.
miyamoto

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 12:41:48 PM

everybody who was IN thought that it would change completly the world of marketing and commerce and retailing. AMWAY was gonna rewrite the script and rip new assholes for walmart etc. you saw what happend. NOTHING and i mean NOTHING would dampen the enthusion felt by the amwayers.

Really?  No, you were the only one who believed that.  Everyone else saw Amway for what it was...another door to door/MLM/pyramid type sales of a product that no one really wants/needs.  Just like Acai juice, herbalife, and all the others.  I was like 12 when a friends father who was retired got into Amway, and even then, at 12 years old, we all knew it was a joke.  It sounds to me like you don't really understand what either Amway or Bitcoin really are.  No comparison.  End of thread.

And btw Amway has been around a lot longer than 15 years
Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 12:46:33 PM

Thinking way too small. What if we have a GLOBAL EMP! Then what?! BITCOIN IS DOOMED SELL SELL SELL RIGHT AWAY!1!

Look inside yourself, and you will see that you are the bubble.
SuperHakka (OP)

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 12:50:21 PM

Really?  No, you were the only one who believed that.  Everyone else saw Amway for what it was...another door to door/MLM/pyramid type sales of a product that no one really wants/needs.  Just like Acai juice, herbalife, and all the others.  I was like 12 when a friends father who was retired got into Amway, and even then, at 12 years old, we all knew it was a joke.  It sounds to me like you don't really understand what either Amway or Bitcoin really are.  No comparison.  End of thread.

And btw Amway has been around a lot longer than 15 years
haha, you a member of the genral public?? you thick enough to be. go get your reading glasses and read me post again. i was saying that i am seeing the same level of cultism and blind belief that i saw in Amway as I see in you and others mooners on here. i too think Amway is a crap idea by the time i left it. also where did i say amway was 15 years old? i said i joined it 15 years ago you biscuit!

piramida
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010

Borsche

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 12:53:02 PM

tut tut attacking the message and not the messenger now are we yip yip  Roll Eyes

it is the other way around I think. the way you say it is the proper way.

And no, we are not at the maximum level of adoption that bitcoin has seen. We are, in the most pessimistic scenario, at 1% of that.

step 1 - several people heard about bitcoin
step 2 - several people are using bitcoin, many have heard
step 3 - many are using, most have heard
step 4 - most are using

We are at step 2 now. If bitcoin reaches at least step 3, it will grow 100-fold. Step 4, an optimistic scenario, sky is the limit. I don't see any reason for bitcoin to die now, since there's quite alot of interest from top financial managers around the world.

Your AMWAY? Nobody heard about it, nobody discussed it at gov't hearings, just another ponzi. There's one born every day.

i am satoshi
ElectricMucus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2013, 01:30:41 PM

step 1 - several people heard about amway
step 2 - several people are using amway, many have heard
step 3 - many are using, most have heard
step 4 - most are using

FTFY

And no, we are not at the maximum level of adoption that bitcoin has seen. We are, in the most pessimistic scenario, at 1% of that.
Also true with Amway. Pretty much all of the civilized world uses dishwasher, soaps or shower gels and cleaning agents.
SuperHakka (OP)

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 01:37:03 PM

Your AMWAY? Nobody heard about it, nobody discussed it at gov't hearings, just another ponzi. There's one born every day.
I think that is not correct brother. I thin the us govmint tried to prosecute AMWAY as a pyramid scheme but amway won and the case itself helped to define legally what was and was not a pyramid/ponzi scheme.

proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 01:38:39 PM

tut tut attacking the message and not the messenger now are we yip yip  Roll Eyes

I think you mean the other way around.  But anyway, I don't quite understand the message.  What if we've reached bitcoin's saturation point?  Well, then we've reached the saturation point.  I don't know what else can be said about it.  I guess, if this market cap is the end point, then I expect bitcoin will slowly devalue over time since it's not large enough and deep enough to be a reliable store of value, etc, etc.

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
SuperHakka (OP)

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 01:43:10 PM

I think you mean the other way around.  But anyway, I don't quite understand the message.  What if we've reached bitcoin's saturation point?  Well, then we've reached the saturation point.  I don't know what else can be said about it.  I guess, if this market cap is the end point, then I expect bitcoin will slowly devalue over time since it's not large enough and deep enough to be a reliable store of value, etc, etc.
nuff said, you said it all brother

GigaCoin

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

Giga

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 01:58:49 PM

I'm ware of amway, and many other similar mlm/network marketing schemes like sky biz, gold quest, etc. They were all pyramid schemes in the purest form, selling mostly overpriced garbage (although they posed excellent presentation and sales skills).

This video should clarify your concerns about why we are still not at the saturation point for Bitcoin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHUPPYzzZrI

ElectricMucus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2013, 02:04:01 PM

I'm ware of amway, and many other similar mlm/network marketing schemes like sky biz, gold quest, etc. They were all pyramid schemes in the purest form, selling mostly overpriced garbage (although they posed excellent presentation and sales skills).

This video should clarify your concerns about why we are still not at the saturation point for Bitcoin:

Here is why we are at the saturation point, or close to it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBbLpxLglz0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcaltexImW0
SuperHakka (OP)

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 02:13:45 PM

I clicked on the link and was prepared to watch it, but after 30 seconds the presenter made a FUNDAMENTAL error. he was going to compare growth of bitcoin to natural populatin like rats on an island and then saying that bitcoin's PRICE GROWTH of 1000% was natural. I stopped 2 seconds later. DUDE YOU CAN'T MEASURE BITCOIN AS AN IDEA IN TERMS OF ITS PRICE ON AN EXCHANGE!!!! you have to measyre things like real transaction volume buying trade goods. look at this chart showing trade volume does this show you 1000% growth? the person in that video is either fucking stupid or he is vested and just wants others to buy loads so that he can cash out.

http://blockchain.info/charts/estimated-transaction-volume?timespan=all&showDataPoints=false&daysAverageString=1&show_header=true&scale=0&address=

GigaCoin

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

Giga

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 02:25:39 PM

I clicked on the link and was prepared to watch it, but after 30 seconds the presenter made a FUNDAMENTAL error. he was going to compare growth of bitcoin to natural populatin like rats on an island and then saying that bitcoin's PRICE GROWTH of 1000% was natural. I stopped 2 seconds later. DUDE YOU CAN'T MEASURE BITCOIN AS AN IDEA IN TERMS OF ITS PRICE ON AN EXCHANGE!!!! you have to measyre things like real transaction volume buying trade goods. look at this chart showing trade volume does this show you 1000% growth? the person in that video is either fucking stupid or he is vested and just wants others to buy loads so that he can cash out.

http://blockchain.info/charts/estimated-transaction-volume?timespan=all&showDataPoints=false&daysAverageString=1&show_header=true&scale=0&address=

the rats thing was just an analogy he used to explain what an S curve is it wasn't to compare bitcoin. You need to give it a chance and watch further were he analyses Twitter and Facebook Vertical growth period compared to bitcoin. The price is irrelevant to this topic, what you were concerned about is market saturation / peak growth a point which we haven't reached yet with Bitcoin.

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: