Bitcoin Forum
July 09, 2024, 01:52:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Earthcoin - something to think about? Discuss.  (Read 647 times)
Honeypot (OP)

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 01:50:35 PM

So this new coin that launched a little over 24 hrs ago is apparently developed and directed by someone who was at least deeply involved in the development of one of the top 3 coins being traded today.

At supply of 13.5 billion coins, the values are sure to start somewhat low. However, the miners are reporting less-than-instant results in returns, thus somewhat increasing earthcoin (EAC) values.

The coin itself is declared 'next generation descendant of litecoin'. I think the majority of factors for this coin to succeed would be marketing/publicity and public awareness, along with explicitly demonstrating how this is actually NOT another altcoin.

That means releasing more detailed information on the coin in the near future to attract ambivalent and cynical members of the community.

Your thoughts?

Discuss.
digicoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 01:59:52 PM

Lots of people looks at hard market cap 13.5 billions and thinks wow it will be easy to mine with big reward.

But actually it is not Doge. EAC diff changes every block which makes mining harder than it seems. That's why I like EAC more than Litecoin. EAC network can be more stable than Litecoin when the hash rate drops suddenly.

I mine BIL and receive 5 times rewards than EAC at the same time.

I can mine:

+ 1.5 mil Doge per day

but

+ 1 mil BIL per day

but
+ 200k EAC per day and decreasing

EAC features look much better than Doge and BIL too.

EAC reward is hard to predict. If someone want to sell 1 mil EAC for cheap price, I will buy them all. This coin can be kept for long term
Honeypot (OP)

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 02:04:19 PM

Lots of people looks at hard market cap 13.5 billions and thinks wow it will be easy to mine with big reward.

But actually it is not Doge. EAC diff changes every block which makes mining harder than it seems.

I mine BIL and receive 5 times rewards than EAC at the same time.

I can mine:

+ 1.5 mil Doge per day

but

+ 1 mil BIL per day

but
+ 200k EAC per day and decreasing

EAC features look much better than Doge and BIL too.

EAC reward is hard to predict. If someone want to sell 1 mil EAC for cheap price, I will buy them all. This coin can be kept for long term

That might just be it. The diff changes on this coin makes it different than others, at least for now. That would make pricing much more competitive even for a coin with 13.5 billion supply.

However, we need more than just that to go on and increase the prominence of EAC - the devs need to emphasize clearly how this coin is DIFFERENT.

Different, as in, unique enough to consider it a next generation crypto with a solid and distinct characteristic.

The name won't get it too far.
digicoin
Legendary

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 02:07:40 PM

EAC borrows that feature from Diamond coin (DMD). DMD controls its inflation very strictly. You can not increase your hash rate as much as possible to mine DMD as many as possible. DMD coin generation is quite stable over time. Therefore its transaction is always fast despite the network hash rate is low or high
MisO69
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005

My mule don't like people laughing

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 02:08:34 PM

It is just another coin, not a rare one at that. If this coin is to succeed the team behind the coin needs to start doing what other successful teams have done. Worldcoin's Scharmbeck is a good example. As well as Protoshares well laid out future plans. I really thought that new coin releases would follow Invictus Innovation's lead. Seeing as how successful Protoshares are and were at launch. They were trading at .02 shortly after starting the blockchain FFS!! when has that ever happened?

Right now its just another DOGE with millions of coins out there already.

dewdeded
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1011

Monero Evangelist

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 02:11:22 PM

I think it is a fail and scam & OP is a paid EarthCoin-shill or one of the many fresh regged fake accounts the EarthCoin team uses.
Nanolucas

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2013, 02:12:59 PM

Has there been any estimation on when that 13.5b would be reached? It seems like that would be a long way away.
Last1212

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 02:33:43 PM

Buggy coin from the beginning, took more than 24 hours to solve problem. Bad dev communication. Became popular just because of instaminers. Nothing specific. Premine.

Some donate will be good))))))
LTC: LLEhzonntRjo4pLqaw93ZQzw8Qdx3HQ2k7        DOGE: DCty26Yk5kbG2NfoknoyY3UajPzsmbhXP9
WDC: WYJW8RYrc3C8K7duaAWqs8YayMLLNEkWBC        CAT: 9nJcehD9dkcsrrVmJxnLJRFc61158nTvvP
Hazard
Legendary

Activity: 980

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2013, 02:58:17 PM

Just another crappy scamcoin.

http://cryptolife.net/scam-alert-earthcoin

digicoin
Legendary

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 03:04:56 PM

Just another crappy scamcoin.

http://cryptolife.net/scam-alert-earthcoin

Hazard picks Quark, but not EarthCoin. I believe that Quark is scam coin too.  Cry
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: