Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 11:41:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ***Easiest Guide For DO Cloud Mining Datacoin***2DTC giveaway!MiningforDummies!  (Read 5124 times)
GreekBitcoin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

getmonero.org

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2013, 05:57:02 PM
Last edit: January 10, 2014, 03:10:38 AM by GreekBitcoin

The tl;dr version :

1. Create a droplet 2CPU 2GB Ram Ubuntu 13.10 64x . Please use my referral https://www.digitalocean.com/?refcode=9d68ca19e204
2. Copy paste or write this: wget -O dtc.sh http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=Pj0MLeMq && chmod +x dtc.sh && ./dtc.sh DQsoZjorSHBXDUhVkYn7VuSfzG2RfYLpuy 4
3. ? ? ? ? ?
4. Profit. Check it here: http://dtc.xpool.xram.co/individual

The long clear version:

1) Go to Digital Ocean with my referral link : https://www.digitalocean.com/?refcode=9d68ca19e204  
2) Make an account there and pay with paypal or credit card at least 10 dollars.
3) Use this promo code for 10 dollars more: OMGSSD10   . If this promo doesnt work google search for another one.
4) At Digital Ocean create a droplet and put a hostname like Miner1 for example.
5) Choose how many CPUs and Region. I believe 2 CPUs 2GB ram is the most cost effective. (Choose at least 1GB memory)
6) Choose Ubuntu 13.10 x64 and then press "create droplet". You will receive an email with your droplet's IP and password
7) Download PuTTY by clicking here: http://the.earth.li/~sgtatham/putty/latest/x86/putty.exe
8 ) Run putty.exe and at Host Name put the emailed IP address and press open. At warning message press Yes.(Or whatever to just continue)
9) Login as: "root" (You just right root and enter ) and for password put your emailed password and enter.
10) Then copy and paste (you paste by just pressing right click on putty) this and press enter:

wget -O dtc.sh http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=Pj0MLeMq && chmod +x dtc.sh && ./dtc.sh DQsoZjorSHBXDUhVkYn7VuSfzG2RfYLpuy 4

*Of course change the DQsoZjorSHBXDUhVkYn7VuSfzG2RfYLpuy to your address!
*4  at the end is the number of threads you are using. I choose 4 threads when i choose 4 CPUs.  But you can experiment and see what is better. Maybe more is better.

AND THATS ALL! Smiley

After about 10 minutes you have already started mining. You should see your balance here: http://dtc.xpool.xram.co/

Dont close putty!!! I will tell you how you can actually close Putty without terminating mining in the future.

I will send you 2 DTC only if you use my referral link and fund Digital Ocean with 10 dollars. Send me PM if you do so.

A few things more:
If you create 1 droplet and you want to stop paying money from your balance you have to destroy the droplet. Not just shutdown.
If something doesnt work try to reboot your droplet. Maybe even destroy it and create it again. But beware that this will cost like 1 hour of using it. 0.03 dollars for 2CPU droplet.
If your balance falls to zero it will continue to mine and charge until you destroy. So have in mind when you have to destroy your droplet.
Sometimes Digital Ocean really sucks and is slow....

Read more about Datacoin here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=325735 . Ask you questions there or at the forum: https://datacointalk.org/

Right now i believe datacoin is highly undervalued and in the future it will have enough value for this to be profitable. I expect 3.5DTC per day. Support Datacoin and its innovation! Support decentralized storage!

You can make total 5 droplets this way. But you pay each one by the hour. But i advice to take it easy and see how things work. Make your profitability calculations and decide.
Difficulty is getting bigger and bigger everyday! Mine while you can!

Thanks this guy for this guide and maybe send him some donations:
Easier way:
Code:
wget -O dtc.sh http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=qYVpT5WN && chmod +x dtc.sh && ./dtc.sh <username> <proclimit>
 Wink

P.S. Datacoin as a fork of Primecoin uses primeminer Wink

UPDATES:
I just updated the link. Now you automatically download "screen" and you run primeminer with screen. This way by pressing ctrl A and then D you detach screen and you can safely close putty without stopping mining. You can again attach your mining screen with "screen -r". On this update i also automatically download "DataMinerWatch" but i dont run it. See here if you want to run it. I recommend it 100%  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=390911.0

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
GreekBitcoin (OP)
Legendary

getmonero.org

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2013, 06:40:11 PM

Whatever problem occures just ask!

Ask away everything. I am not expert but i will do my best to answer!
GreekBitcoin (OP)
Legendary

getmonero.org

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2013, 05:32:34 AM

In order to take the free Datacoin you have to send me a printscreen of your payment! Also dont forget to send your address too.
koppit

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 05:41:12 AM

I had set this up on digitalocean earlier - it has a console window built into it under "access". Technically, you don't need to bother with putty Wink

The only downside is that the hashrate isn't the greatest, and they have no custom plans to max out cpu cores (they have a 16, 20, 24-core option) while keeping everything else minimal. Basically, if you want 24 cores, you get 1tb of space you don't need.

I had also researched multithreading and the optimal number of threads, and apparently a single thread per core is the most efficient, it drops quite substantially after you start doubling up (16 threads on 8 cores for instance). See here: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1718465/optimal-number-of-threads-per-core
GreekBitcoin (OP)
Legendary

getmonero.org

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2013, 05:48:26 AM

I had set this up on digitalocean earlier - it has a console window built into it under "access". Technically, you don't need to bother with putty Wink

The only downside is that the hashrate isn't the greatest, and they have no custom plans to max out cpu cores (they have a 16, 20, 24-core option) while keeping everything else minimal. Basically, if you want 24 cores, you get 1tb of space you don't need.

I had also researched multithreading and the optimal number of threads, and apparently a single thread per core is the most efficient, it drops quite substantially after you start doubling up (16 threads on 8 cores for instance). See here: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1718465/optimal-number-of-threads-per-core

The built in console is fucked up. Lags too much and you cant copy paste! With putty you just copy paste the line and you are already mining!

As for the hashrate yes i agrre with you. Sometimes it is good sometimes it isnt. And they dont let 100% of the core actually. Like 60%. And because you dont need space and ram thats why i say that the most cost effective right now is 8 CPU droplet!

Although i agree with you and i will probably also say that i will change my values to 1 thread per cpu, sometimes i noticed it was better to have more threads...dunno why.
GreekBitcoin (OP)
Legendary

getmonero.org

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2013, 10:07:22 PM
Last edit: December 25, 2013, 06:10:54 PM by GreekBitcoin

If you want to the other pool:

wget -O dtc.sh http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=t1qiL7Y1 && chmod +x dtc.sh && ./dtc.sh DQsoZjorSHBXDUhVkYn7VuSfzG2RfYLpuy.x1 2

of course change to your address! And you can change .x1 at the end of the address if you want for each worker so that you know which worker earns what. Its like 1st pc is .x1 second pc .x2 etc...

and here you can see your balance for this pool : http://dtc.gpool.net/balance

metraque

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 04:06:03 PM
Last edit: December 24, 2013, 08:59:55 PM by metraque

I do mining just for profits, but I'm following those steps and investing precious XMAS time just because I believe in DataCoin, please guys don't dissapoint me.

DataCoin is going to the moon in short, hopefully this mining method don't get shut down by DigitalOcean

Thank you guys for making DataCoin!

EDIT

anyone is having problems with this guide? I'm not getting paid  Cry

EDIT,
solved;)
metraque

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 08:58:48 PM

HAPPILY Mining and awayting for my DTC

Grin

and a MUST READ RECOMMENDATION FOR NEWBIES:
Please do not select 8 cores setup, is not cost effective, you get more cpus by choosing VARIOUS droplets of 2cpus and 2gb ram .
GreekBitcoin (OP)
Legendary

getmonero.org

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2013, 03:09:56 AM
Last edit: December 25, 2013, 03:22:03 AM by GreekBitcoin

Hi. You didnt pay 10 dollars so i can get your referral. Maybe you paid only 5.

But anyway i sent you 1.1 DTC.

ecc9982ae4da15b2279405683c202061b65849d7ffab033c5106378daf3454e0

As for the number of cpus i think you are right and i will change it i think...
GreekBitcoin (OP)
Legendary

getmonero.org

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2013, 06:54:01 AM

I followed metraque's  advice and i has to say it is clearly better!

Now from 5 2CPU droplets i get around 2.5chains per day while with 1 8CPU i was getting something like 2.2-2.3 chains per day.

And instead of paying 0.238$ per hour i pay 0.15$ per hour.

So thanks a lot!

metraque

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 07:19:54 AM

Thank you for the free DTC Cheesy

I'm testing if running more threads per droplet and per CPU do more chains per day. I'll tell you in an hour.

And clearly this coin is gooing to the moon in the next months, or less.
GreekBitcoin (OP)
Legendary

getmonero.org

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2013, 08:00:42 AM

""  ./primeminer -pooluser=DQsoZjorSHBXDUhVkYn7VuSfzG2RfYLpuy.x1  -poolpassword=0 -poolip=162.243.41.59 -poolport=8336 -poolshare=6 -genproclimit=2  ""

And for the pool, I'm using the chinese one, and thanks for the cmd line foradjust threads per CPU Cheesy now I can change that parameter and not make a dropplet and then run the script you provided and wait a lot Tongue

Edit: the terminal throws this error: -bash: ./primeminer: no such directory or file

I answer here because others might want to know about this too. So when mining has started you can terminate it with Ctrl+C because you may want to change a parameter. For example you may want to change threads or your address or even pool. The automatic script i use in the OP can be used again of course but makefile will take 5 minutes or so and its not efficient to do this everytime. So you can run this:

./primeminer -pooluser=DQsoZjorSHBXDUhVkYn7VuSfzG2RfYLpuy.x1  -poolpassword=0 -poolip=162.243.41.59 -poolport=8336 -poolshare=6 -genproclimit=2

Now the error you have is because you try to run the program "primeminer" but you are not in the folder that you have downloaded it. (Download happened automatically with the script of the OP)

so see at terminal where you are. I think you will be on root or just ./ (its the same). So you have to type cd primecoin/src in order to go to the directory that primeminer is and then run the line above.

Now if you are not in the root folder (root folder is the main one. Something like C: on windows) but in another folder if you type "cd .." you go back one folder. You do this until you get to root and then "cd primecoin/src" and then run the script.

Hope this helps
Papacrusher

Activity: 218

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 08:01:54 AM

Sorry, just wanted to jump in with a noob question.  I notice that DO has the option to pay monthly, but is that amount you pay changed for the amount of data used by mining?  Basically I'm asking if they have say a $10/month plan, would mining cause you to go over their threshold and incur more charges?  Thanks for any advice and guidance on this.

GreekBitcoin (OP)
Legendary

getmonero.org

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2013, 08:06:56 AM

Sorry, just wanted to jump in with a noob question.  I notice that DO has the option to pay monthly, but is that amount you pay changed for the amount of data used by mining?  Basically I'm asking if they have say a $10/month plan, would mining cause you to go over their threshold and incur more charges?  Thanks for any advice and guidance on this.

According to DO:

How do I choose between monthly and hourly billing?
There is no difference between monthly and hourly billing. All droplets are billed hourly, up until a monthly cap. We have estimated that each month has about 672 hours (28 days). If you use your server for less than 672 hours during the month, you will be billed for each hour that you used it. If you use your server for more than 672 hours that month, you will be billed at the monthly cost, which is no greater than 672 hours.

Personally i calculate by the hour...Mind the price is per droplet. If you have 5 droplets 2cpu 2gb its 0.03$ per hour each so 0.15 per hour all of them
Papacrusher

Activity: 218

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 08:34:44 AM

According to DO:

How do I choose between monthly and hourly billing?
There is no difference between monthly and hourly billing. All droplets are billed hourly, up until a monthly cap. We have estimated that each month has about 672 hours (28 days). If you use your server for less than 672 hours during the month, you will be billed for each hour that you used it. If you use your server for more than 672 hours that month, you will be billed at the monthly cost, which is no greater than 672 hours.

Personally i calculate by the hour...Mind the price is per droplet. If you have 5 droplets 2cpu 2gb its 0.03$ per hour each so 0.15 per hour all of them

Thanks for the feedback.  How many hours per day are you running?

GreekBitcoin (OP)
Legendary

getmonero.org

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2013, 08:38:23 AM

All. Although i have a feeling that it is better to mine when workers are low the pool.
GreekBitcoin (OP)
Legendary

getmonero.org

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2013, 05:09:17 PM

I made some changes. Actually i changed the pool the script was  mining because i want to divert some power to the second pool too. If any problems occur please post here! not by pm. This way others can see solutions and others can answer questions too!
metraque

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 05:45:43 PM

This is the performance of an experiment I did with DO droplets:

W     Payment Mean       Worker Specs   
1G8   0,000167259      1G8:   1GB, 1CPU, 8 threads
1G2   0,000029975      1G2:   1GB, 1CPU, 2 threads
1G4   0,000005644      1G4:   1GB, 1CPU, 4 threads
-G0   0,000026668      -G0:   2GB, 2CPU, 16 threads

So, it seems that more threads per cpu means more profits, but with 1GB or above droplets, because 512MB ones throw errors. I'm trying out with doubling all threads of the droplets, let's see if the payment mean doubles or not.
metraque

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 05:54:38 PM

It seems like the fact that I'm running all the workers (except from 1G8) from minutes ago, is skewing the results. I'm waiting an hour to see what's going on with this experiment.
GreekBitcoin (OP)
Legendary

getmonero.org

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2013, 06:09:09 PM

Yes i wrote in the OP to choose at least 1GB memory. There is a way though but i dont like it.

Have in mind that you cant really take results if you dont let them for a day or at least if you didnt put them to work all together because workers in the pool change according to the time of the day...
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: