Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 01:50:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is doge dying off?  (Read 8905 times)
limek93 (OP)

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 05:28:26 AM

seems like it might be. As soon as Cryptsy had gotten it on their exchange all the posts and interest seems to have stopped.

BTC  1EkBV8TMs2PQReNu9rZUZwSr4xTRLeENQ2 
LTC  LMzPd1U3JihGZqhYeAfaiDYVZWHoP6x1mw
fendlestick

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 05:28:48 AM

TIX 2.0

20% OFF All Bondage - www.cryptosextoys.com
Affiliates Get 10% - Join
alquinte

Activity: 76

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2013, 05:37:16 AM

I don't think it's dying off, I just wouldn't invest in it right now. There are too many new doge coins flooding the market (something like 1 billion new ones a day). After the initial cryptsy bump there was nothing to sustain it's value and it tanked back to what it's real value should be. It's still in the top 15 market caps which is very impressive for a new coin that just tanked. When block mining starts rewarding less coins I can see the price start going back up and take the way of infinite coin.

CoinManiac

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 05:39:36 AM

Even Nxt was in the below 10 position, when it was posted in cryptsy, Now at no. 4.

Wait for a while, before it bounce back.

NEM NXT NXTL NEX
PYneer

Activity: 178

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 05:40:38 AM

Nahhhh

Palmdetroit
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

PHS 50% PoS - Stop mining start minting

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 05:41:03 AM

seems like it might be. As soon as Cryptsy had gotten it on their exchange all the posts and interest seems to have stopped.

Cheesy

flipstyle

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 05:46:00 AM

Pretty sure 4chan backing and 'much poor, plz donate, so thankful' memes in every article comment section haven't exactly helped its credibility with potential 'investors.' 
RenegadeMind
Copper Member

Activity: 1380
Merit: 504

THINK IT, BUILD IT, PLAY IT! --- XAYA

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2013, 05:49:53 AM

It's close to xmas. The kids are running around all over the place. Give it until Jan. 2nd when people are over the holidays and recovered from their hangovers. Smiley

Viperbass

Activity: 210

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 05:56:05 AM

Unfortunately dogecoin finds itself in a terrible situation, even if the price goes to 1 Satoshi, it might still end up being the most profitable coin to mine as the hashrate goes down with it. Basically multipool miners are to blame for current price as they only care about trading for btc.

I think this is something that was overlooked by the creator, the problem is the block rewards are currently too high, if it could only be halved right now it would flush out the bad apples aka multipool miners and the coin would be better off for it.

Long term, I think this coin is still a great investment at current prices as I believe BTC prices will go back to its previous highs by the end of next year, it has a lot of love from the community and block rewards will be halved at some point, all which will have a positive effect on the price.

When you compare feathercoin to dogecoin, dogecoin should be trading at +-142 and not the 47 it's trading at. So really the block rewards combined with multipool dumpsters will keep the price where it is for awhile.
phrozenspite

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2013, 05:57:38 AM

Unfortunately dogecoin finds itself in a terrible situation, even if the price goes to 1 Satoshi, it might still end up being the most profitable coin to mine as the hashrate goes down with it. Basically multipool miners are to blame for current price as they only care about trading for btc.

I think this is something that was overlooked by the creator, the problem is the block rewards are currently too high, if it could only be halved right now it would flush out the bad apples aka multipool miners and the coin would be better off for it.

Long term, I think this coin is still a great investment at current prices as I believe BTC prices will go back to its previous highs by the end of next year, it has a lot of love from the community and block rewards will be halved at some point, all which will have and effect on the price.

When you compare feathercoin to dogecoin, dogecoin should be trading at +-142 and not the 47 it's trading at. So really the block rewards combined with multipool dumpsters will keep the price where it is for awhile.
you honestly think it's only multipools dumping the coin? and not most of the people on the DOGE pools themselves?

Viperbass

Activity: 210

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 06:01:13 AM

Long term, I think this coin is still a great investment at current prices as I believe BTC prices will go back to its previous highs by the end of next year, it has a lot of love from the community and block rewards will be halved at some point, all which will have and effect on the price.

you honestly think it's only multipools dumping the coin? and not most of the people on the DOGE pools themselves?

The main purpose of multi pools is to mine the most profitable coin at the time, generally people mining directly from a pool believe more in the coins future despite current prices.
Manwe

Activity: 196

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 06:04:34 AM

No, on https://www.cryptsy.com, you can see the buy orders are more than sell orders today.
Mortimer452

Activity: 532

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 06:11:40 AM

I think it's hard to turn away from mining a coin that gives 500,000 per block and at one point in the recent past (albeit briefly), was trading for 0.01BTC and up.  There is still alot of hope in the community that it will hit the #4 spot on CoinMarketCap again.

I think Doge has a couple more pumps left in her.  Right now we are pretty close to the last low before it had a good run a few days ago (I think it was Thursday).  I wouldn't be surprised if we see another, smaller run in the next 12-24 hours.
Bitcoin Machine

Activity: 168

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 06:16:19 AM

When block mining starts rewarding less coins I can see the price start going back up and take the way of infinite coin.

Infinite Coin doesn't have the same community belief or marketing to compete with DOGE.

I've never seen so many altCoins on eBay as DOGE:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=dogecoin&_sop=12

Many people are experiencing Crypto Currency for the first time. This actually helps Bitcoin more than people realize. DOGE is another vehicle to bring people onto the Crypto-train.   Now that's worth something!

DOGE has the potential to be lifted up to all new levels.  All it may take is some creativity on YouTube going viral throughout the social networks and BAM!  Shocked

Belief is very powerful and it only takes a dedicated few.

huyha123

Activity: 126

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 06:20:07 AM

Even Nxt was in the below 10 position, when it was posted in cryptsy, Now at no. 4.

Wait for a while, before it bounce back.

please dont compare NXT with any coin. NXT not on any exchange yet.
huyha123

Activity: 126

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 06:25:43 AM

No, on https://www.cryptsy.com, you can see the buy orders are more than sell orders today.

that buy orders not change. while every day there would be 1B new supply. 41m every hour OR 40BTC.

so you watch. yesterday high price 72. today high price 52.

basically DOGE would need 1000BTC or $650K USD NEW MONEY throw at it daily to keep it at current price, whatever that price is.
alquinte

Activity: 76

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2013, 06:27:59 AM

When block mining starts rewarding less coins I can see the price start going back up and take the way of infinite coin.

Infinite Coin doesn't have the same community belief or marketing to compete with DOGE.

I've never seen so many altCoins on eBay as DOGE:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=dogecoin&_sop=12

Many people are experiencing Crypto Currency for the first time. This actually helps Bitcoin more than people realize. DOGE is another vehicle to bring people onto the Crypto-train.   Now that's worth something!

DOGE has the potential to be lifted up to all new levels.  All it may take is some creativity on YouTube going viral throughout the social networks and BAM!  Shocked

Belief is very powerful and it only takes a dedicated few.

I didn't mean to compare doge and InfiniteCoin directly, I just meant the trend would be similar (i.e. slowly increasing in value as mining rewards decrease). DogeCoin at its low is still above InfiniteCoin in marketcap and it's popularity/expansion is pretty unique amongst alt coins. I think it will be a strong future investment, I'm just not sure at what price it will drop to first. Keep in mind there will 100 Billion of the coins and only 11 billion have been mined so far. If it maintains around 40 satoshi it will be at ~35 million market cap by the end at current BTC prices (which would put it in 4th place currently). I think it still has a ways to fall before bouncing back at least in the long term.

BrewCrewFan

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 06:30:25 AM

Long term, I think this coin is still a great investment at current prices as I believe BTC prices will go back to its previous highs by the end of next year, it has a lot of love from the community and block rewards will be halved at some point, all which will have a positive effect on the price.

Multipool or not, if they dont mine and dump the same amount of individuals would mine and dump themselves. You should be happy for multipools do not mine doge 24/7 like a normal miner would.

Free SIGNs giving everyday. Be part, do not miss!.
SqMe5ceYfdcGsRyVpgvpYb6bRLS9j8omvB

XChat : Addy : XYuZESQpeMtZ2wit8nVVnXKGytfiaTBCo6 PubKey : eteshLzeq8Bh54BRjGSunMTc6Ytxtk7HYaSmDYMQn61z
dquancey

Activity: 587

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 06:31:10 AM

45+ BTC buy order on Cryptsy.
Someone can see something we don't.
GreekBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

getmonero.org

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2013, 06:36:20 AM

Are you guys so naive? Doge was a hype. A bubble. It is worthless. Find a coin that has something new. Not another scrypt copy coin that you hope it will go off somehow...
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  All
  Print  

Jump to: