Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 04:07:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [DIME] Dimecoin | Many Coins | Step Reward | CPU mining  (Read 165030 times)
Chris180Z

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 03:35:40 PM

Can we stop bumping this and move on? It's a scam coin. Honestly. Staff should lock all threads that are premined coins to prevent their new members being scammed, especially those of you that put in hard cash.
javabudd

Activity: 140

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 06:54:03 PM

Can we stop bumping this and move on? It's a scam coin. Honestly. Staff should lock all threads that are premined coins to prevent their new members being scammed, especially those of you that put in hard cash.

Can you fuck off?
KleinMatthias

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 09:04:32 PM
Last edit: December 27, 2013, 09:30:40 PM by KleinMatthias

Hi,

Since not all users of this coin are as active as you are, may I ask for a feature in a future wallet version?

Please implement one of the following features:
1) an autoupdate feature which automatically keeps the QT updated without the user doing anything (or with the user just clicking an "update" button which only appears when new updates are available - but where the entire update process is done automatically)
2) a notification feature where the user can enter his eMail address into the wallet and the wallet sends him an eMail when a new version is available? That requires - of course - that the wallet has a way to check for updates. But since Microsoft/Apple/Adobe/andalltheothers can do it, so can you :-)
3) (for those who don't even run their QT all the time) a notification feature where the user can enter his eMail address into the wallet and the wallet sends that eMail address plus its own version information to a central server of yours which then sends out an eMail when a new software version is available. And which sends a warning eMail when a mantatory update has to be performed.

Naturally, as of today, the Cryptocurrency-community has been very active but with the price explosion of the Bitcoin last month, more and more "normal users" will enter the market.
They will not keep their wallet running all the time.
They will not check the forum all the time.
But they might spend hard cash on buying this coin at an exchange and then send it over to their wallet. As a community, we even need that kind of passive user - and we need their money buying this coin.
And when they find ways to spend or donate the coin, they will. And for that purpose they will open their wallets - but not in between.

Having said this, I personally prefer feature (3) because it has a few advantage over the other 2:

• It keeps even those "passive" users in the loop that do not run their wallet regularily.
  • That way, if a really important change has to be made (e.g. a new blockchain), even those users won't lose their money because they get a notification. Think of the bad publicity when "normal users" start losing their money because they simply ignored their wallets for months only to find them not working anymore because weeks before, a new blockchain or equally invasive measure was introduced without them knowing.
  • That feature can be extended for marketing purposes: add a checkmark "the makers of this coin are allowed to send me exciting news about this coin yaddayaddaya" - and voila you get yourself a free marketing database with tons of eMail addresses that you can use to keep engaging your users. Notify them of new shops where they can pay with this currency. Notify them of faucets. Notify them of exchanges that trade this coin. Notify them of the rise in value of that coin. And so on. Just keep engaging even the passive users - because to make a currency successful, you need every hand and every dollar you can get.

You guys and all the other professionals or those that have privacy concerns won't use that feature - and should never be required to do so. But the regular passive user will get that fuzzy feeling that he will be informed of important stuff without him spending much time checking bitcointalk or their wallets. And that will give him extra confidence when it comes to him spending the coin or buying the coin with his FIAT.

Just a few additional remarks:

• Naturally, the best possible combination would be (3) with (1) where the users gets a "move your ass and update your wallet or else..." eMail (friendly version, of course) - and then he opens the wallet and clicks on the "update" button and that's it for him.
  • May be the required serverside portion (the thing that collects all version information and the eMail addresses and which also allows for sending out mass eMails to all users in that database) could be written in a generic way so that other virtual currencies can implement that innovation, too?
  • May be, future wallets should have a default setting that causes them to run in the background as a service whenever the computer starts. That way, even many passive users will contribute to the P2P network without them even knowing. But that was just a sideline remark and describes a completely different feature request. But then again, while you are at it... :-)

Don't know. What do you guys think about that feature request?
Does anyone second that request?
Does anyone have a better idea how to solve the above mentioned challenges that this new species of regular, passive users will introduce in the weeks and months to come?

Thanks
Matt
DIME: 74aiNcN18Lmg2ACVuzhkd39n96L7CTa9vx

P.S. Just a full disclosure: I have posted this same feature request to the thread of some other cryptocurrencies as well.
CrytoEnthusiast

Activity: 196

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 09:16:26 PM

This coin is surprisingly coming together.
porkusCOLL

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 12:02:54 AM

are there more auctions on ebay ?  only find one auction o0 http://www.ebay.de/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&_from=R40&_nkw=dimecoin&rt=nc&LH_PrefLoc=2

DOGE: DDvk8MVrj78ymkC9kfsn9K8ZJjQxBbieAv
GLD: E599JmQd5WirEJukVDkwtm3An77g61ffz2
COL: yZnQ7ZCKa4ZuvNuvN1XMGSwJ7ZEbsxtWd
tabnk

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 12:11:04 AM

My CPU can't mine that much in short time. Difficulty is rising Smiley.
megadeth92

Activity: 254
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2013, 02:04:40 AM

I got this error when compiling on ubuntu (I have already all dependencies):

Code:
juan@Asus:~/dimecoin/src$ make -f makefile.unix 
Building LevelDB ...
/bin/sh: 1: ./build_detect_platform: Permission denied
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/juan/dimecoin/src/leveldb'
Makefile:18: build_config.mk: No such file or directory
make[1]: *** No rule to make target `build_config.mk'.  Stop.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/juan/dimecoin/src/leveldb'
make: *** [leveldb/libleveldb.a] Error 2

BTC: 1Dr5zwhKQehXRxcSupV8DuJjbhpPJfUHrz
http://facebook.com/alcancearoa.com
rajbandi

Activity: 42

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 02:40:43 AM

block explorer not working

http://dimexplorer.lowend.fm/chain/Dimecoin
dimecoin (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 02:51:38 AM

Hi,

Since not all users of this coin are as active as you are, may I ask for a feature in a future wallet version?

Please implement one of the following features:
1) an autoupdate feature which automatically keeps the QT updated without the user doing anything (or with the user just clicking an "update" button which only appears when new updates are available - but where the entire update process is done automatically)
2) a notification feature where the user can enter his eMail address into the wallet and the wallet sends him an eMail when a new version is available? That requires - of course - that the wallet has a way to check for updates. But since Microsoft/Apple/Adobe/andalltheothers can do it, so can you :-)
3) (for those who don't even run their QT all the time) a notification feature where the user can enter his eMail address into the wallet and the wallet sends that eMail address plus its own version information to a central server of yours which then sends out an eMail when a new software version is available. And which sends a warning eMail when a mantatory update has to be performed.

Naturally, as of today, the Cryptocurrency-community has been very active but with the price explosion of the Bitcoin last month, more and more "normal users" will enter the market.
They will not keep their wallet running all the time.
They will not check the forum all the time.
But they might spend hard cash on buying this coin at an exchange and then send it over to their wallet. As a community, we even need that kind of passive user - and we need their money buying this coin.
And when they find ways to spend or donate the coin, they will. And for that purpose they will open their wallets - but not in between.

Having said this, I personally prefer feature (3) because it has a few advantage over the other 2:

• It keeps even those "passive" users in the loop that do not run their wallet regularily.
  • That way, if a really important change has to be made (e.g. a new blockchain), even those users won't lose their money because they get a notification. Think of the bad publicity when "normal users" start losing their money because they simply ignored their wallets for months only to find them not working anymore because weeks before, a new blockchain or equally invasive measure was introduced without them knowing.
  • That feature can be extended for marketing purposes: add a checkmark "the makers of this coin are allowed to send me exciting news about this coin yaddayaddaya" - and voila you get yourself a free marketing database with tons of eMail addresses that you can use to keep engaging your users. Notify them of new shops where they can pay with this currency. Notify them of faucets. Notify them of exchanges that trade this coin. Notify them of the rise in value of that coin. And so on. Just keep engaging even the passive users - because to make a currency successful, you need every hand and every dollar you can get.

You guys and all the other professionals or those that have privacy concerns won't use that feature - and should never be required to do so. But the regular passive user will get that fuzzy feeling that he will be informed of important stuff without him spending much time checking bitcointalk or their wallets. And that will give him extra confidence when it comes to him spending the coin or buying the coin with his FIAT.

Just a few additional remarks:

• Naturally, the best possible combination would be (3) with (1) where the users gets a "move your ass and update your wallet or else..." eMail (friendly version, of course) - and then he opens the wallet and clicks on the "update" button and that's it for him.
  • May be the required serverside portion (the thing that collects all version information and the eMail addresses and which also allows for sending out mass eMails to all users in that database) could be written in a generic way so that other virtual currencies can implement that innovation, too?
  • May be, future wallets should have a default setting that causes them to run in the background as a service whenever the computer starts. That way, even many passive users will contribute to the P2P network without them even knowing. But that was just a sideline remark and describes a completely different feature request. But then again, while you are at it... :-)

Don't know. What do you guys think about that feature request?
Does anyone second that request?
Does anyone have a better idea how to solve the above mentioned challenges that this new species of regular, passive users will introduce in the weeks and months to come?

Thanks
Matt
DIME: 74aiNcN18Lmg2ACVuzhkd39n96L7CTa9vx

P.S. Just a full disclosure: I have posted this same feature request to the thread of some other cryptocurrencies as well.

Thanks for your suggestions , we sent you 10,000,000 coins to you for your suggestions , we need more suggestions to be better .
wenwen

Activity: 728
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 03:45:34 AM

Hi,some designs,can add for voting?

my address

7AzwVsrrwgzDsmF1ifhyom36A2L8RdN79Q
lemfuture

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 04:13:54 AM

Hi,some designs,can add for voting?

my address

7AzwVsrrwgzDsmF1ifhyom36A2L8RdN79Q

there should have explanations with designs, i think readers would like it better..

1ADLcfwTofFXb95pKhebpeRkJ4WTWsvQXB
ZenTrader

Activity: 22

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 04:17:32 AM

I got this error when compiling on ubuntu (I have already all dependencies):

Code:
juan@Asus:~/dimecoin/src$ make -f makefile.unix 
Building LevelDB ...
/bin/sh: 1: ./build_detect_platform: Permission denied

build_detect_platform needs to have its execute bit set. Try this:

Code:
chmod gou+x /home/juan/dimecoin/src/leveldb/build_detect_platform
javabudd

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 08:00:19 AM

was having some issues with the explorer, its back up now.
bitwho
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 08:10:26 AM

how's one of my favorite coins doing?
Rubberduckie
Legendary

Activity: 1442

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 08:13:32 AM

how's one of my favorite coins doing?

Humming along quite nicely, payouts from P2P are very steady  Smiley

bitwho
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 08:17:17 AM

oh two things:

1. You should do a giveaway like i saw for an other coin. like every 100th post gets certain amount of coins. i believe this will definitely guarantee your post on top page every hour : )

2. Could you make me a millionaire. I want to know what it feel like to own a million coins : )

lemfuture

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 08:28:17 AM

oh two things:

1. You should do a giveaway like i saw for an other coin. like every 100th post gets certain amount of coins. i believe this will definitely guarantee your post on top page every hour : )

2. Could you make me a millionaire. I want to know what it feel like to own a million coins : )

awesome idea

1ADLcfwTofFXb95pKhebpeRkJ4WTWsvQXB
Sadham

Activity: 23

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 08:30:40 AM

Now you can spend Dimecoins in my advertising service: http://cryptotiler.com/

Please pm me about service and prices.
weljohn

Activity: 34

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 09:27:12 AM

I found the Chinese wallet GUI still shows '比特币' which is 'bitcoin' instead of 'dimecoin', this is confusing, can you improve?

7JqUmbgAQo5kW2HYSoPbZWHBCQTDNCRb4Y
Leo4everR

Activity: 45

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 10:31:03 AM

https://www.facebook.com/berto.chanclas/posts/723100471036342

thanks !!  Cheesy

7Da4EHoJFLRZPVmnqU7wgHpJYDXmxnxKus
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  

Jump to: