Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 04:02:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Money withdrawal  (Read 3500 times)
bitteriest (OP)

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 04:39:26 PM

Just to update about my transactions

1) MTGOX - I am waiting for 5 weeks for my withdrawal. Didn't come yet.
2) I tested Kraken service and made a withdrawal of 150$. It arrived after 8 business days (international transaction) which is nice.

I am upset with GOX. They don't even bother to answer my support e-mails

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
guybrushthreepwood
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1195

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 05:06:17 PM

2) I tested Kraken service and made a withdrawal of 150$. It arrived after 8 business days (international transaction) which is nice.

Well that's Gox for you.
porcupine87

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

hm

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 05:09:30 PM

I don't know why people use MtGox to withdraw their money. If I had there a decent money, I would use other sites to pay out and just transfer my btc to that site...

"Morality, it could be argued, represents the way that people would like the world to work - whereas economics represents how it actually does work." Freakonomics
successquik

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 05:29:36 PM

Thanks bitteriest for the input on Kraken.

Always looking for in put on the various exchanges out there and had just recently stumbled up on Kraken.

SQ
empoweoqwj

Activity: 518

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 04:26:32 AM

I'm in same boat with GOX. Withdrew on 9th November - nothing happened yet. And they don't even answer support. what to do???
jonanon

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 07:11:33 AM

I would never use Gox to try get fiat out, you can trade there but I would only send BTC out otherwise it's going to be a nightmare!
empoweoqwj

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 07:16:18 AM

I would never use Gox to try get fiat out, you can trade there but I would only send BTC out otherwise it's going to be a nightmare!

Yes it is a nightmare. Unfortunately I didn't know at the time, and now they have $3K of my money "hostage". Sure others have more money stolen by Gox. Absolute scandal.
JCviggen

Activity: 1260
Merit: 505

Age Of Mars | GameFI Virtual colonization of Mars

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 07:19:29 AM

I guess people don't read forums until after they have withdrawal problems with Gox. Seriously, this has been going on since before summer and now it's Christmas. When I had Gox withdrawal issues in July-August they were still answering support emails pretty quickly (just that the answers were pointless) and when I asked to cancel the withdrawal they complied within minutes.

That's your best bet at this point, ask for a cancellation short and firm in 1 sentence if you can. If no reply comes just keep on sending the request until someone gets tired of you. Then take a loss by buying BTC and moving it to another exchange. Seriously, it's easier to get fiat out of any other exchange than Gox. At this point in time you're actually lucky that exchanges like Stamp are pretty close to Gox price all things considered. When I moved in July I wasn't so lucky (not to mention I managed to sell 30 BTC at the lowest point of the dip in July)

empoweoqwj

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 07:27:29 AM

I guess people don't read forums until after they have withdrawal problems with Gox. Seriously, this has been going on since before summer and now it's Christmas. When I had Gox withdrawal issues in July-August they were still answering support emails pretty quickly (just that the answers were pointless) and when I asked to cancel the withdrawal they complied within minutes.

That's your best bet at this point, ask for a cancellation short and firm in 1 sentence if you can. If no reply comes just keep on sending the request until someone gets tired of you. Then take a loss by buying BTC and moving it to another exchange. Seriously, it's easier to get fiat out of any other exchange than Gox. At this point in time you're actually lucky that exchanges like Stamp are pretty close to Gox price all things considered. When I moved in July I wasn't so lucky (not to mention I managed to sell 30 BTC at the lowest point of the dip in July)

Thanks for advice. I will open some new support tickets. But when they don't even assign a person to the first one after 10 days, its kinda hard to know what to do.

Some firms just dump you to the end of the queue if you keep hassling them ... but I guess I have nothing to lose now as they are doing nothing. Can't afford to let $3K slip down the drain, but I feel so powerless. Assholes.
empoweoqwj

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 07:31:25 AM

I've asked for cancellation. But honestly, I expect it just to be another unanswered support request. Why would they answer this if they don't answer others Sad
JCviggen

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 07:38:03 AM

Yeah, but you're SOL at this point to try anything else.

I wonder if the gigantic queues at Gox are a result not just of massively increased interest (which also occurred earlier this year) but also that they've reduced their staffing. That would be something an insolvent company would do to try and stay afloat. That Gox has liquidity issues is all but certain at this point. Too bad they probably employ mostly Japanese so you probably won't get any interesting ex-employee stories.

I wildly estimate the odds of Gox going down in 2014 at 50%. You can't survive indefinitely if you can't pay out but a fraction of the BTC on your exchange. Their latest black friday 0% fee days and now 25% off for Christmas smell like desperation (as sites where you CAN get your money out are doing no such thing and are still taking marketshare out of Gox)

empoweoqwj

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 07:41:39 AM

Yeah, but you're SOL at this point to try anything else.

I wonder if the gigantic queues at Gox are a result not just of massively increased interest (which also occurred earlier this year) but also that they've reduced their staffing. That would be something an insolvent company would do to try and stay afloat. That Gox has liquidity issues is all but certain at this point. Too bad they probably employ mostly Japanese so you probably won't get any interesting ex-employee stories.

I wildly estimate the odds of Gox going down in 2014 at 50%. You can't survive indefinitely if you can't pay out but a fraction of the BTC on your exchange. Their latest black friday 0% fee days and now 25% off for Christmas smell like desperation (as sites where you CAN get your money out are doing no such thing and are still taking marketshare out of Gox)

Thanks for making me feel better ... haha, only joking. Appreciate the info. Live and learn I guess. If I lose $3K I lose $3K. Thank god I didn't go for more than that.

Love the way they say on twitter if you want help, go to their support desk. So their twitter account is bogus as well. Sigh Sad((
ZooKeeper74

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 07:48:34 AM

MtGox may not recover from this mess. 6 months plus for USD withdrawals, disappearing coins seem to be a given without 2 factor auth, wire deposits are being refused/lost,etc. I tried trading with them, cannot physically do it anymore. Their own bank refused to send my wire to them because they are apparently feeling the heat of mtgoxs fire.
empoweoqwj

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 06:28:50 AM

Many many thanks for tip about cancellation. For some reason, they replied to that support request in a day, when they hadn't replied to the original request in 10 days.

Guess they know how to respond to cancellation requests. They don't like people moaning about withdrawal times.

They did also mention the 5% "premium withdrawal fee" option. I politely declined Smiley

Looks like I'll be getting my money back after all, not have it stuck in a black hole for six months, phew!!
JCviggen

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 07:36:01 AM

Good to hear!

I think the difference between Gox and Stamp is about 5% right now, but who wants to deal with Gox (and who knows how long it'll take even with the 5%) so I think getting your BTC and running away is the best solution Smiley

empoweoqwj

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 07:52:20 AM

Good to hear!

I think the difference between Gox and Stamp is about 5% right now, but who wants to deal with Gox (and who knows how long it'll take even with the 5%) so I think getting your BTC and running away is the best solution Smiley

Yes I would rather deal with Bitstamp to be honest. They have always been very efficient with me, though I've not done a fiat withdrawal yet.

can you confirm bitstamp process fiat withdrawals in a "reasonable" way? like a real company should Wink
JCviggen

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 09:04:48 AM

I've used them once, in July, and a day after I withdrew the money it showed up in my (European) bank account. So my experience was "lightning quick" perhaps it has slowed down a bit since then, can't say.

empoweoqwj

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 10:36:12 AM

I've used them once, in July, and a day after I withdrew the money it showed up in my (European) bank account. So my experience was "lightning quick" perhaps it has slowed down a bit since then, can't say.

Thanks. Might have slowed down a bit, but I'm sure its fine, relative to Gox Wink
acegilz

Activity: 211
Merit: 100

1ACEGiLZnZoG7KUNkMwAT8tBuJ6jsrwj5Q

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 03:34:28 PM

bitstamp just took me 1 day to receive!
empoweoqwj

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 01:50:45 AM

bitstamp just took me 1 day to receive!

Excellent!

My only problem now is slight rally going on at gox. Don't want to buy at $700+ Wink
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: