Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 03:54:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Money withdrawal  (Read 3500 times)
bitteriest (OP)

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 04:39:26 PM

Just to update about my transactions

1) MTGOX - I am waiting for 5 weeks for my withdrawal. Didn't come yet.
2) I tested Kraken service and made a withdrawal of 150$. It arrived after 8 business days (international transaction) which is nice.

I am upset with GOX. They don't even bother to answer my support e-mails
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
guybrushthreepwood
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1195

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 05:06:17 PM

2) I tested Kraken service and made a withdrawal of 150$. It arrived after 8 business days (international transaction) which is nice.

Well that's Gox for you.
porcupine87

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

hm

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 05:09:30 PM

I don't know why people use MtGox to withdraw their money. If I had there a decent money, I would use other sites to pay out and just transfer my btc to that site...

"Morality, it could be argued, represents the way that people would like the world to work - whereas economics represents how it actually does work." Freakonomics
successquik

Activity: 23

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 05:29:36 PM

Thanks bitteriest for the input on Kraken.

Always looking for in put on the various exchanges out there and had just recently stumbled up on Kraken.

SQ
empoweoqwj

Activity: 518

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 04:26:32 AM

I'm in same boat with GOX. Withdrew on 9th November - nothing happened yet. And they don't even answer support. what to do???
jonanon

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 07:11:33 AM

I would never use Gox to try get fiat out, you can trade there but I would only send BTC out otherwise it's going to be a nightmare!
empoweoqwj

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 07:16:18 AM

I would never use Gox to try get fiat out, you can trade there but I would only send BTC out otherwise it's going to be a nightmare!

Yes it is a nightmare. Unfortunately I didn't know at the time, and now they have $3K of my money "hostage". Sure others have more money stolen by Gox. Absolute scandal.
JCviggen

Activity: 1260
Merit: 505

Age Of Mars | GameFI Virtual colonization of Mars

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 07:19:29 AM

I guess people don't read forums until after they have withdrawal problems with Gox. Seriously, this has been going on since before summer and now it's Christmas. When I had Gox withdrawal issues in July-August they were still answering support emails pretty quickly (just that the answers were pointless) and when I asked to cancel the withdrawal they complied within minutes.

That's your best bet at this point, ask for a cancellation short and firm in 1 sentence if you can. If no reply comes just keep on sending the request until someone gets tired of you. Then take a loss by buying BTC and moving it to another exchange. Seriously, it's easier to get fiat out of any other exchange than Gox. At this point in time you're actually lucky that exchanges like Stamp are pretty close to Gox price all things considered. When I moved in July I wasn't so lucky (not to mention I managed to sell 30 BTC at the lowest point of the dip in July)

empoweoqwj

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 07:27:29 AM

I guess people don't read forums until after they have withdrawal problems with Gox. Seriously, this has been going on since before summer and now it's Christmas. When I had Gox withdrawal issues in July-August they were still answering support emails pretty quickly (just that the answers were pointless) and when I asked to cancel the withdrawal they complied within minutes.

That's your best bet at this point, ask for a cancellation short and firm in 1 sentence if you can. If no reply comes just keep on sending the request until someone gets tired of you. Then take a loss by buying BTC and moving it to another exchange. Seriously, it's easier to get fiat out of any other exchange than Gox. At this point in time you're actually lucky that exchanges like Stamp are pretty close to Gox price all things considered. When I moved in July I wasn't so lucky (not to mention I managed to sell 30 BTC at the lowest point of the dip in July)

Thanks for advice. I will open some new support tickets. But when they don't even assign a person to the first one after 10 days, its kinda hard to know what to do.

Some firms just dump you to the end of the queue if you keep hassling them ... but I guess I have nothing to lose now as they are doing nothing. Can't afford to let $3K slip down the drain, but I feel so powerless. Assholes.
empoweoqwj

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 07:31:25 AM

I've asked for cancellation. But honestly, I expect it just to be another unanswered support request. Why would they answer this if they don't answer others Sad
JCviggen

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 07:38:03 AM

Yeah, but you're SOL at this point to try anything else.

I wonder if the gigantic queues at Gox are a result not just of massively increased interest (which also occurred earlier this year) but also that they've reduced their staffing. That would be something an insolvent company would do to try and stay afloat. That Gox has liquidity issues is all but certain at this point. Too bad they probably employ mostly Japanese so you probably won't get any interesting ex-employee stories.

I wildly estimate the odds of Gox going down in 2014 at 50%. You can't survive indefinitely if you can't pay out but a fraction of the BTC on your exchange. Their latest black friday 0% fee days and now 25% off for Christmas smell like desperation (as sites where you CAN get your money out are doing no such thing and are still taking marketshare out of Gox)

empoweoqwj

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 07:41:39 AM

Yeah, but you're SOL at this point to try anything else.

I wonder if the gigantic queues at Gox are a result not just of massively increased interest (which also occurred earlier this year) but also that they've reduced their staffing. That would be something an insolvent company would do to try and stay afloat. That Gox has liquidity issues is all but certain at this point. Too bad they probably employ mostly Japanese so you probably won't get any interesting ex-employee stories.

I wildly estimate the odds of Gox going down in 2014 at 50%. You can't survive indefinitely if you can't pay out but a fraction of the BTC on your exchange. Their latest black friday 0% fee days and now 25% off for Christmas smell like desperation (as sites where you CAN get your money out are doing no such thing and are still taking marketshare out of Gox)

Thanks for making me feel better ... haha, only joking. Appreciate the info. Live and learn I guess. If I lose $3K I lose $3K. Thank god I didn't go for more than that.

Love the way they say on twitter if you want help, go to their support desk. So their twitter account is bogus as well. Sigh Sad((
ZooKeeper74

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 07:48:34 AM

MtGox may not recover from this mess. 6 months plus for USD withdrawals, disappearing coins seem to be a given without 2 factor auth, wire deposits are being refused/lost,etc. I tried trading with them, cannot physically do it anymore. Their own bank refused to send my wire to them because they are apparently feeling the heat of mtgoxs fire.
empoweoqwj

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 06:28:50 AM

Many many thanks for tip about cancellation. For some reason, they replied to that support request in a day, when they hadn't replied to the original request in 10 days.

Guess they know how to respond to cancellation requests. They don't like people moaning about withdrawal times.

They did also mention the 5% "premium withdrawal fee" option. I politely declined Smiley

Looks like I'll be getting my money back after all, not have it stuck in a black hole for six months, phew!!
JCviggen

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 07:36:01 AM

Good to hear!

I think the difference between Gox and Stamp is about 5% right now, but who wants to deal with Gox (and who knows how long it'll take even with the 5%) so I think getting your BTC and running away is the best solution Smiley

empoweoqwj

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 07:52:20 AM

Good to hear!

I think the difference between Gox and Stamp is about 5% right now, but who wants to deal with Gox (and who knows how long it'll take even with the 5%) so I think getting your BTC and running away is the best solution Smiley

Yes I would rather deal with Bitstamp to be honest. They have always been very efficient with me, though I've not done a fiat withdrawal yet.

can you confirm bitstamp process fiat withdrawals in a "reasonable" way? like a real company should Wink
JCviggen

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 09:04:48 AM

I've used them once, in July, and a day after I withdrew the money it showed up in my (European) bank account. So my experience was "lightning quick" perhaps it has slowed down a bit since then, can't say.

empoweoqwj

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 10:36:12 AM

I've used them once, in July, and a day after I withdrew the money it showed up in my (European) bank account. So my experience was "lightning quick" perhaps it has slowed down a bit since then, can't say.

Thanks. Might have slowed down a bit, but I'm sure its fine, relative to Gox Wink
acegilz

Activity: 211

1ACEGiLZnZoG7KUNkMwAT8tBuJ6jsrwj5Q

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 03:34:28 PM

bitstamp just took me 1 day to receive!
empoweoqwj

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 01:50:45 AM

bitstamp just took me 1 day to receive!

Excellent!

My only problem now is slight rally going on at gox. Don't want to buy at $700+ Wink
acegilz

Activity: 211

1ACEGiLZnZoG7KUNkMwAT8tBuJ6jsrwj5Q

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 05:12:56 PM

suree i understand but dont let greedy kills you lol
gabbello

Activity: 116
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 07:13:41 PM

I'm always getting fiat to my skrill/moneybookers account to which I have a mastercard attached and I use VirWox for this. I takes roughly 5 minutes to get the fiat on the account. It is true that I pay some extra fees for this, but it is worth it. See the youtube video on how this is done: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQWJIxsZukw

Merch

Activity: 27

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 10:08:18 PM

BTC-E took me 4business days to withdraw just after they announced they had "delays".
empoweoqwj

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 02:50:15 AM

BTC-E took me 4business days to withdraw just after they announced they had "delays".

4 days is fine. 6 months or "never" at gox is a whole different ballgame.
carolynwneal25

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 06:47:01 AM

make me doubt using mt.gox Sad
empoweoqwj

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 10:48:39 AM

Just don't do it.
hagenuk

Activity: 21

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 01:33:56 PM

Avoid by all means....my account still pending verification after 20days when the documents was submitted. Now my BTC is stuck and I can't even transfer my BTC out.  Cry
empoweoqwj

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 02:19:29 AM

Avoid by all means....my account still pending verification after 20days when the documents was submitted. Now my BTC is stuck and I can't even transfer my BTC out.  Cry

Crikey. Can't get bitcoins out, can't get money out ... what on earth do Gox think they are doing. Use bitstamp instead.
Jcw188

Carpe Diem

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 11:29:16 PM

Yes, money withdrawals are a big problem it seems.  Most of the exchanges for some reason care more about holding your money and don't care about customer service and their reputation.  Fools keep using the services though (such as Gox) so what do they care?  Seems silly of the customers but it should catch up with Gox eventually.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
empoweoqwj

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 03:13:13 AM

Yes, money withdrawals are a big problem it seems.  Most of the exchanges for some reason care more about holding your money and don't care about customer service and their reputation.  Fools keep using the services though (such as Gox) so what do they care?  Seems silly of the customers but it should catch up with Gox eventually.

People (well me), get seduced by the high $ rate at gox, so try to withdraw at gox. Big mistake. Never to happen again. I've used gox for the last time.
hankhill69

Activity: 70

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 02:39:54 AM

Does Gox require verification just for trading btc ONLY
Light

Activity: 742
Merit: 502

Circa 2010

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 03:04:15 AM

People (well me), get seduced by the high $ rate at gox, so try to withdraw at gox. Big mistake. Never to happen again. I've used gox for the last time.

Yeah, the reason it's so large is that there is a huge time lag to get your money out so people are charging a higher price over there. Although it really is whether you think waiting weeks for an extra $50-100 per BTC is really worth it.
empoweoqwj

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 03:31:35 AM

Yeah, the reason it's so large is that there is a huge time lag to get your money out so people are charging a higher price over there. Although it really is whether you think waiting weeks for an extra $50-100 per BTC is really worth it.

Its not just "weeks", it doesn't happen with international wires. Nobody has gotten an international wire done in months as far as I know.
Light

Activity: 742
Merit: 502

Circa 2010

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 03:35:16 AM

Its not just "weeks", it doesn't happen with international wires. Nobody has gotten an international wire done in months as far as I know.

Well with that it's surprising that there is any volume of trading going on at all. They used to be one of the biggest players, what exactly happened to them?
empoweoqwj

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 03:45:16 AM

Well with that it's surprising that there is any volume of trading going on at all. They used to be one of the biggest players, what exactly happened to them?

Well you can still use it to trade ok, turn btc into more (or less) btc. Just the banking side is absolutely f*****
bumblebee33

Activity: 168

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 06:47:11 PM

I believe you only need to verify your account if you want to withdraw money in fiat currency.
empoweoqwj

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 05:55:28 AM

I believe you only need to verify your account if you want to withdraw money in fiat currency.

Except you can't withdraw fiat Wink
armodilloben

Activity: 95

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2014, 02:49:45 PM

Maybe someone could update the latest info regarding the fiat withdrawal from mtgox? My last information was that it takes about 5 months for larger sums (> 1000€)

empoweoqwj

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 02:51:32 PM

Maybe someone could update the latest info regarding the fiat withdrawal from mtgox? My last information was that it takes about 5 months for larger sums (> 1000€)

Just read the thread .... gox don't currently process wire transfers unless you pay the 5% "extortion" fee.
LakeBTC

Activity: 903
Merit: 1000

LakeBTC.com

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2014, 02:22:54 PM

heard ppl have been waiting since june ...

our exchange (LakeBTC) process transfers promptly, FYI

LakeBanker: Free Banking for the World     LakeBanker.com   Token Sale. Participate Now!
hankhill69

Activity: 70

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 05:44:36 PM

Except you can't withdraw fiat Wink
Mtgox is running a some type of scheme by holding the money so long. I feel it in my bones.
empoweoqwj

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 02:33:55 AM

What's the volume on your exchange? Where are you based?
guybrushthreepwood
Legendary

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 12:46:01 PM

I wouldn't really trust most of these new exchanges.
empoweoqwj

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 03:42:58 PM

Especially when they just mention their URL and don't answer any questions. Not the way to get new  customers
guybrushthreepwood
Legendary

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 04:12:05 PM

Especially when they just mention their URL and don't answer any questions. Not the way to get new  customers

And when they say "ppl" and "FYI" it doesn't give you the greatest confidence lol.
Jcw188

Carpe Diem

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 04:42:58 AM

So many people use gox prices but I think that's ridiculous. If much rather have money at an exchange where I know I can get money out and get a worse price otherwise the higher price is worthless.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
guybrushthreepwood
Legendary

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 03:00:36 PM

So many people use gox prices but I think that's ridiculous. If much rather have money at an exchange where I know I can get money out and get a worse price otherwise the higher price is worthless.

I can't even understand why people even still use Gox. I've never heard anything positive about it.
empoweoqwj

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 03:14:57 AM

I can't even understand why people even still use Gox. I've never heard anything positive about it.

There aren't a huge number of alternatives really, that's the only reason. I use bitstamp.net, but both them and btc-e are based in Eastern Europe so some people might not want to trust them.

But I agree, Gox shouldn't really be in business anymore!
LakeBTC

Activity: 903
Merit: 1000

LakeBTC.com

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2014, 01:11:11 PM

There aren't a huge number of alternatives really, that's the only reason. I use bitstamp.net, but both them and btc-e are based in Eastern Europe so some people might not want to trust them.

Check out our exchange LakeBTC.com   Smiley Smiley

LakeBanker: Free Banking for the World     LakeBanker.com   Token Sale. Participate Now!
empoweoqwj

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 04:10:34 AM

Check out our exchange LakeBTC.com   Smiley Smiley

I asked you specific questions in another thread about your platform, but you just ignored them. Any chance you could actually answer some questions and not just push your URL everywhere? Thx Smiley
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: