Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 05:55:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: U1 antminer USB sticks 0.08 unit (500/500 sold) COMPLETE  (Read 18222 times)
phoenixsilverbird

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

BUYING ANTMINER S1!!!

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 09:26:26 PM

Oh, this changes things quite a bit!

I'm quite lost now.

How would I install cgminer on a rPi and then all these separate tweaks. D: Help

aphorise

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 09:52:35 PM

I'm quite lost now.

How would I install cgminer on a rPi and then all these separate tweaks. D: Help

If you want an out of the box experiance - I can provide you a (1x) RPI with a (1x) 10 Port Orico USB 2.0 Hub & Wifi Dongle + SD Card for 1.5 BTC.
This would include a RPI specific case with multicolour LCD / status display & latest version of cgminer (3.8.x) with AntMiner specific patches. You can use this device to mine without the need for a desktop PC & can still use the RPI as a general purpose desktop machine - running Debian, Linux.

With another 10 port hub you can use the same setup with 10x miners totalling 20 devices.

Of course elasticband himself sells 49 Port USB Hubs too :-D
elasticband (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

Nighty Night Don't Let The Trolls Bite Nom Nom Nom

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 09:56:08 PM

I'm quite lost now.

If you want an out of the box experiance - I can provide you a (1x) RPI with a (1x) 10 Port Orico USB 2.0 Hub & Wifi Dongle + SD Card for 1.5 BTC.
This would include a RPI specific case with multicolour LCD / status display & latest version of cgminer (3.8.x) with AntMiner specific patches. You can use this device to mine without the need for a desktop PC & can still use the RPI as a general purpose desktop machine - running Debian, Linux.

With another 10 port hub you can use the same setup with 10x miners totalling 20 devices.

how much for just the SD card with the required config? got any green LCD displays for the PI?
johnjohn

Activity: 6

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 10:11:39 PM

Hi guys, is anyone ordering from the US? I'm in New York and curious what kind of shipping time to expect.

Thanks!
Mudbankkeith

Activity: 868

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 10:18:23 PM

I'm quite lost now.

Do a git pull on the Pi to get the latest updates.

Then in settings you select CGminer

BTc donations welcome:-  13c2KuzWCaWFTXF171Zn1HrKhMYARPKv97
phoenixsilverbird

BUYING ANTMINER S1!!!

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 10:20:24 PM

I'm quite lost now.

Hi there,
I am quite new to this and when I read the instructions for this forum it says to only buy from trusted, veteran members. Sorry, I'm just being cautious D:

I also already have an rPI with an SD card and I am not really interested in an LCD, I have a monitor which I can use just fine.

I am really interested in how you got antminer patches running. Could you possibly teach me how to set the whole thing up, with a picture or two of your setup? I'd be extremely grateful and leave a good review and some trusty-stuff.

Thanks!

aphorise

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 10:25:41 PM

how much for just the SD card with the required config? got any green LCD displays for the PI?

I dont mind giving you the replica of my own SD which is a multidevice setup - you seem really decent / honest - I remember you from my Bitmit transaction - so maybe you can give me 1 or 2 Antminers in return cor the SD / effort? :-Þ

As for LCD's - I have 2x which are multicolour (Red, Green, Blue, White IIRC) - eg:

https://i.imgur.com/8rqqohr.jpg

I purchased them at 0.3 BTC a piece (2 months ago) – but I don’t suspect I’ll get the same returns in BTC – I’m sure we can work something out – let me know if you want them & I’ll bring them on collection / our meetup.
phoenixsilverbird

BUYING ANTMINER S1!!!

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 10:29:33 PM

I'm quite lost now.

I really appreciate your help.

1. What is a 'git pull' and how do I do it? I assume pulling updates of some sort?

2. Will this sort the antminer patches

Mudbankkeith

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 10:31:27 PM

I'm quite lost now.

1. What is a 'git pull' and how do I do it? I assume pulling updates of some sort?

it will get the latest CGminer onto your Pi

phoenixsilverbird

BUYING ANTMINER S1!!!

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 10:36:27 PM

I'm quite lost now.

it will get the latest CGminer onto your Pi

Will it install the antminer patches?
And, how do I pull off this 'git pull'?

aphorise

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 10:40:51 PM

Add it as a remote & merge it in as or read as subtree

Code:
git remote add -f --no-tags Name https://github.com/src/file.git
#......
git merge --no-commit --squash Name/master

You need a lesson in git ;-)
phoenixsilverbird

BUYING ANTMINER S1!!!

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 10:43:08 PM

Code:
#......

Your entire sentences make no sense to me, lol. I would happily pay for a step-by-step newbie guide on how to get antminer cgminer running.

Mudbankkeith

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 10:47:02 PM

Code:
#......

Your entire sentences make no sense to me, lol. I would happily pay for a step-by-step newbie guide on how to get antminer cgminer running.

try this link:-  https://www.dropbox.com/s/24sb9660bj5fuut/git%20pull%20for%20minepeon.pdf

aphorise

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 10:48:26 PM

LOL - ok - sure :-D
- I'll hold you to that - how much would you pay?
- talk to me in BTC or number of Antminers? - we can do it over skype.
phoenixsilverbird

BUYING ANTMINER S1!!!

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 11:09:42 PM

Code:
#......

try this link:-  https://www.dropbox.com/s/24sb9660bj5fuut/git%20pull%20for%20minepeon.pdf

Cheers! That's a lot easier to follow.
Once I've done this, how do I configure for Antminers? Also, can the rPi be used for other non-mining purposes in raspbian or will minepeon use the entire resources?

@Aphorise, I was kind of joking. I didn't expect a junior member with no trust points to ask for paid help. I might have given a small tip but yeah.. Nvm.

elasticband (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 11:50:21 PM

Code:
#......

Once I've done this, how do I configure for Antminers? Also, can the rPi be used for other non-mining purposes in raspbian or will minepeon use the entire resources?

@Aphorise, I was kind of joking. I didn't expect a junior member with no trust points to ask for paid help. I might have given a small tip but yeah.. Nvm.

In Aphorise defence you did say in reply to his initial helpful post you woukd happily pay for a newbie friendly tutorial.

I Am going to meet him for a beer tomorrow maybe and have sold him usb in the past via bitmit with no problems
Mudbankkeith

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 11:53:11 PM

Code:
#......

try this link:-  https://www.dropbox.com/s/24sb9660bj5fuut/git%20pull%20for%20minepeon.pdf

If the git pull collects all the relevant updates, then the default settings should work.
Other uses, ...depends how many devices you eventually buy, but normally I would leave the Pi alone to do its mining, just occasionally check it is still running, (from the browser log in)

The antminer is very new, so the drivers for CGminer may need further updates, BFGminer will probably be updated later this week (keep checking the posts)

bear in mind that rPi miners will not normally be updated before the PC versions.

If you buy one stick now, then you may still be lucky enough to get some more by the end of the week.(watch the posts for people receiving their orders)

I also store the login page in bookmarks and monitor it from my PC.

My apologies elasticband for crowding your thread   Roll Eyes

phoenixsilverbird

BUYING ANTMINER S1!!!

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 12:01:53 AM

Thank you so much mudbank Cheesy

Elastic, what are the shipping times for the UK? If I order Monday 30th, when will they arrive?

elasticband (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 11:02:28 AM

Everybody wanting to  meet locally tonight please email your contact number to elasticband.btc@gmail.com

I will most likely try to find you on whatsapp messenger or send an sms message, No contact number left = no meet
mudge

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 11:14:14 AM

Will you be sending these today?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: