Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 04:37:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [guaging interest] live tropical fish  (Read 661 times)
uhnonamiss (OP)

Activity: 457
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 02:36:43 AM

in bulk(worldwide via air cargo) or individual overnighted via ups(usa only)

various fish types of fish are ready to be caught in the hawaiian islands & kiribati. if you have any requests please post below.

This is a fully legal operation with every diver having a tropical fishing tropical fishing license & and all fish sales/fish caught being reported to the Department of land & natural resources.
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 02:44:19 AM

How long are the fish quarantined if at all? Do you medicate before you ship? And catch methods? Estimated shipping costs?

I may be interested depending on a few factors.
uhnonamiss (OP)

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 03:26:10 AM
Last edit: December 24, 2013, 06:40:28 AM by uhnonamiss

How long are the fish quarantined if at all? Do you medicate before you ship? And catch methods? Estimated shipping costs?

I may be interested depending on a few factors.

fish are sorted and stored in the shop for around 3 days to let the fish "clean out" there system so theres no chance of ammonia burn while in transit.  fish are not medicated unless they have some disease such as the ich  in which case all fish are quarantined(that share the same water system) and the water is regulated till it goes away(very rare).

methods of catching involve scuba divers going out in boat with nets and buckets driving the fish in the next and then scooping them out into the buckets and letting them rise to the top when full where someone on board will pick them up and keep them in the holding bay. then they are put into a 500gallon container and are driven to the shop and sorted.  nothing like this

shipping costs depend on the amount of fish your buying as shipping via air cargo gets it there fully insured in 24hours and is less costly & its gonna require you to have to go down to the airport at around when it lands so you can quickly get the fish into tanks asap.

im selling at wholesale which is roughly 4-10 times less then retail(localfish shop) depending on the fish & place in the country.    if you have any fish in mind i can give you quotes Smiley
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 04:44:16 AM

mmmm neat. Well the catching method is good. Some people will use chemicals to "stun" fish so they can be grabbed. The problem with that is, it messes them up pretty bad, and its not uncommon for them to die if not then, the next time the get stressed (during shipping).

Ich isn't as much of a problem as parasites and other lovely things that one would want to keep out of their tank. So no dewormers and such are used?

I've ordered from Reefs2go, and they as far as I have been able to tell have a pretty nice setup. I'd be interested in ordering with bitcoins though if everything turned out to my liking. Do you know if your divers have coral harvesting or aquaculturing licensing as well?
uhnonamiss (OP)

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 06:39:02 AM

mmmm neat. Well the catching method is good. Some people will use chemicals to "stun" fish so they can be grabbed. The problem with that is, it messes them up pretty bad, and its not uncommon for them to die if not then, the next time the get stressed (during shipping).

Ich isn't as much of a problem as parasites and other lovely things that one would want to keep out of their tank. So no dewormers and such are used?

I've ordered from Reefs2go, and they as far as I have been able to tell have a pretty nice setup. I'd be interested in ordering with bitcoins though if everything turned out to my liking. Do you know if your divers have coral harvesting or aquaculturing licensing as well?

besides using chemicals to stun fish being extremely illegal here if a diver where to attempt this he would be caught very quickly and face jail & huge fines due to the amount of divers and relatively small areas where harvesting is allowed. so its not uncommon for other divers boats coming over to inspect just looking for anything they can report Smiley

Of course dewormer is on hand & other things, but due to the magic of copper i havent had to use dewormer in 2 years. All ask around depends on the type of coral. eels are also for sale. 
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 06:48:39 AM

besides using chemicals to stun fish being extremely illegal here if a diver where to attempt this he would be caught very quickly and face jail & huge fines due to the amount of divers and relatively small areas where harvesting is allowed. so its not uncommon for other divers boats coming over to inspect just looking for anything they can report Smiley

Of course dewormer is on hand & other things, but due to the magic of copper i havent had to use dewormer in 2 years. All ask around depends on the type of coral. eels are also for sale. 

Magic of copper?

Also, not only am I interested, but I'm trying to cover all of the grounds so the questions that any perspective buyer would be wondering is all answered up front  Smiley

Also, ask about cephalopods, I'm thinking about getting cuttlefish, or maybe anothe octo.
uhnonamiss (OP)

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 07:58:50 AM

Magic of copper?

Also, not only am I interested, but I'm trying to cover all of the grounds so the questions that any perspective buyer would be wondering is all answered up front  Smiley

Also, ask about cephalopods, I'm thinking about getting cuttlefish, or maybe anothe octo.

well the magic of copper & keeping the water temp and ecosystem as close to the ocean allows for the least amount of various types of parasites and bacteria so the fish arent sick  which costs us more money having to feed and care for the fish for extended periods of time.

well octopuses are easy to get & all ask around for cuttlefishes seeing what i can get.
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 08:11:45 AM

well the magic of copper & keeping the water temp and ecosystem as close to the ocean allows for the least amount of various types of parasites and bacteria so the fish arent sick  which costs us more money having to feed and care for the fish for extended periods of time.

well octopuses are easy to get & all ask around for cuttlefishes seeing what i can get.

Yeah, I had seahorses, and keeping the temp at their natural level was key, else they are incredibly suseptible to diseases and live much shorter life spans. You don't treat any fish with copper do you? Tis incredibly deadly for any sealife. Even trace contamination such as handling old pennies and then feeding your fish can mess them up pretty badly. The reason goldfish don't tend to live long, is they are sometimes treated with copper to make them shinier, which burns up their kills, and they slowly suffocate. I had a pirhanna when I was a wee lad, and I fed it goldfish, which ended up killing the pirhanna because of the copper treatment.

(Unless magic of copper is completely unrelated to copper and just a name for something else)

Anyway, my large tank could probably use a wrasse, and I need to stock a nano reef tank as well. I'll talk to you once I figure out what I'm looking for.  Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: