Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 01:11:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can't Post because of 360 sec delay bug  (Read 1232 times)
5andr0 (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 03:01:17 AM

Hi. I can't post anything because it tells me i have to w8 360 sec since my last post, but i never posted anything be4!

EDIT: looks like creating a topic works
Graphene

Activity: 36

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 03:06:01 AM

Your registration is post.
cshelswell

Activity: 615
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2013, 03:10:52 AM

I think you have to wait until you've earned your stripes Smiley (posted a few posts in the newbie section) Once you've had so many posts I think the restriction is removed.

vanfog

Activity: 13

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 08:37:53 AM

It's annoying, but I get it the need to ensure people are only registering for considered reasons... grr lol
testbug

Activity: 851
Merit: 556

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 09:28:16 AM

I am haveing the same issue.
I am loggin myself in, want to post something, and then its saying i cant post because i already did on the last 360s but this isnt true Sad

But this is getting removed with enough posts/ activity points?

best regards.
crazyhouston

Activity: 24

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2013, 09:36:29 AM

I can't post in certain forums. Thats more anoying.
Mooshi

Activity: 14

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 09:59:56 AM

Hooray for newbie status and getting hit with the same message, backing out and losing the intro post.
Tcpvsw

Activity: 4

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 10:01:25 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=177133.0

Newbie Restrictions
You can only post in the Newbie and Local sub-forums till you have made one post and waited 4 hours.
You can only post once every 360 seconds to start and there are a few other things that trigger this timer such as logging in and searching.
Doge Road

Activity: 22

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 10:22:14 AM

Good rules.
momchilandonov

Activity: 121
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 11:36:32 AM

It's so lame that logging in and even SEARCHING triggers the 360 seconds rule... Imagine if you misstype some letter or forget to type in a word or something?!
DjPxH

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 11:46:13 AM

Hooray for newbie status and getting hit with the same message, backing out and losing the intro post.

Big time lol. Thankfully mine was not 10 paragraphs long.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
crazyhouston

Activity: 24

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2013, 11:57:20 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=177133.0

Newbie Restrictions
You can only post in the Newbie and Local sub-forums till you have made one post and waited 4 hours.
You can only post once every 360 seconds to start and there are a few other things that trigger this timer such as logging in and searching.

thanks for this! Lets wait 4 hours than!
Telek

Activity: 19

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 06:18:33 PM

I can see from the newbie help that it says that "logging in" and "searching" can trigger this. 

Isn't that a little over-sensitive? 

If I happen to want to respond to a post, or search for something and can clearly see that it isn't there, why do I have to wait another 5 minutes before I can post it?  Similarly if I search, can clearly see that my question has not been asked before, why do I have to wait?

Similarly with posting.  If I'm in many conversations at once, and I have to wait 6 minutes before responses, I'll likely leave and forget to come back...

Same deal with logging in.  That one seems really crazy.  If I'm in the middle of a conversation, haven't logged in yet today, then I have to log in and then wait 6 minutes before I can respond?

I can understand some restrictions to prevent spamming, but it would seem like the newbie only forum + 4 hour wait seems like a pretty good middle ground there.  Maybe 30 or 60 seconds between messages too (like most other forums).  That's enough to stop spammers, and require a little bit of thought on your posts, but 6 minutes is way too long.  I can quite easily compose meaningful and useful responses to threads within 60-90 seconds.  Again, if I'm forced to wait then I'm more likely to go do something else and forget to come back.

If someone is determined to spam, they will work around the restrictions.  Is seems a little overbearing and counterproductive to punish everyone for the actions of only a few.

What's really frustrating is that after getting the "you can't post yet" message, if you wait then it tells you that you've already posted this message.  I have to actually cancel it and start again?
guybrushthreepwood
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1195

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 08:37:19 PM

I can understand some restrictions to prevent spamming, but it would seem like the newbie only forum + 4 hour wait seems like a pretty good middle ground there.  Maybe 30 or 60 seconds between messages too (like most other forums).  That's enough to stop spammers, and require a little bit of thought on your posts, but 6 minutes is way too long.  I can quite easily compose meaningful and useful responses to threads within 60-90 seconds.  Again, if I'm forced to wait then I'm more likely to go do something else and forget to come back.

The time you have to wait goes down with the more activity you get. Mine is about 40 seconds now. Just post more and bare it and it'll go soon.
PiniumCoin

Activity: 5

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2014, 09:17:11 PM

Really good rules.)  Cheesy
Blowmybarrel

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 09:58:06 PM

360 rule is quite annoying
Wendigo
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 1036

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 10:05:06 PM

I can see from the newbie help that it says that "logging in" and "searching" can trigger this. 

Isn't that a little over-sensitive? 

If I happen to want to respond to a post, or search for something and can clearly see that it isn't there, why do I have to wait another 5 minutes before I can post it?  Similarly if I search, can clearly see that my question has not been asked before, why do I have to wait?

Similarly with posting.  If I'm in many conversations at once, and I have to wait 6 minutes before responses, I'll likely leave and forget to come back...

Same deal with logging in.  That one seems really crazy.  If I'm in the middle of a conversation, haven't logged in yet today, then I have to log in and then wait 6 minutes before I can respond?

If someone is determined to spam, they will work around the restrictions.  Is seems a little overbearing and counterproductive to punish everyone for the actions of only a few.

What's really frustrating is that after getting the "you can't post yet" message, if you wait then it tells you that you've already posted this message.  I have to actually cancel it and start again?

You typed all that because you were too upset to wait 360s?
huploader

Activity: 25

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 10:07:09 PM

Hi. I can't post anything because it tells me i have to w8 360 sec since my last post, but i never posted anything be4!

EDIT: looks like creating a topic works

Thats the rule ... try to deal with it .
its not that hard .
1. 1 post in newbies [once every 360 seconds] .
2. wait 4 hours .
3. Your IN .
kadz

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 11:24:13 PM

Thats the rule ... try to deal with it .
its not that hard .

Haha Cheesy Right!

There are more difficult things.

bitzbank

Activity: 12

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 05:17:02 PM

*Agrees so can add another post*  Tongue
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: