Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 10:45:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Hey guys! Guess what! Feb 2014...  (Read 5177 times)
Notanon

Activity: 388
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 07:41:30 PM

February 2014 is the debt ceiling deadline
Holy dips, I didn't even think of that. Hey you guys, what would happen if the USD collapsed? What would happen to BTC? Would it be worth alot more dollars since they would be worthless?

I'd say the price per Euro might become the new benchmark.
rolanberry

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 07:43:24 PM

The only dreams I have are of my old SAAB having mechanical issues, or the clutch pedal goes to the floor.  Cry
MatTheCat

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 07:44:44 PM

Holy dips, I didn't even think of that. Hey you guys, what would happen if the USD collapsed? What would happen to BTC? Would it be worth alot more dollars since they would be worthless?

LOL.

No.

If the USD goes down, then all currencies go down, including novel 21st century crypto-currencies. In a global currency collapse scenario, only real physical assets would matter.

So despite what many Bitcoiners may believe, they definitely do not want the dollar to crash and burn, which it won't, cos the US establishment isn't going to allow that to happen and why would they?

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
Notanon

Activity: 388

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 07:49:31 PM

Quantative easing seems to have helped the US shift some of their manufacturing industries back to them. Don't think it can be sustainably eased any further at the moment, though.
tutkarz

Activity: 546
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 08:22:06 PM

LOL.

No.

If the USD goes down, then all currencies go down, including novel 21st century crypto-currencies. In a global currency collapse scenario, only real physical assets would matter.

So despite what many Bitcoiners may believe, they definitely do not want the dollar to crash and burn, which it won't, cos the US establishment isn't going to allow that to happen and why would they?

Depends what do you mean by collapse. If it is hyperinflation then you are wrong. Everyone would run from USD to everything not fiat including bitcoin. The only reason why bitcoin would crash with economy would be when governments would take all savings from banks, then nobody would afford to buy bitcoin which in turn could mean its crash (but even this is not 100% sure)

suukool (OP)

Activity: 413
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 12:51:06 AM

LOL.

No.

Depends what do you mean by collapse. If it is hyperinflation then you are wrong. Everyone would run from USD to everything not fiat including bitcoin. The only reason why bitcoin would crash with economy would be when governments would take all savings from banks, then nobody would afford to buy bitcoin which in turn could mean its crash (but even this is not 100% sure)
Sorry, yes that's the word I was looking for. Hyperinflation, this is very probable. The USD can't collapse, not without our military claiming some bull on some terrorist activity to feed our economy. We wouldn't let the USD collapse, but man is it looking ugly.
Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 12:59:30 AM

Not a matter of "letting" anymore. The debt is so high that they can't even pay the interest on the loans. It will continue to increase endlessly until hyperinflation or default.

Look inside yourself, and you will see that you are the bubble.
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 06:51:38 AM
Last edit: December 25, 2013, 07:12:34 AM by notme

First of all, debt is deflationary.  Principle plus interest must be repaid, so every new debt sucks money out of the future economy.  This is what keeps inflation in check.

Second, the interest is around $0.07 of every dollar the government spends, so we are far from "can't even pay the interest".  Bullshit hyperbole like this is how they divide and conquer us.

That said, the Federal Reserve system is a fucking fraud that devalues the labor of the common man for the benefit of the owners of a private corporation.  It's just that, unfortunately, the system is better thought out and less fragile than you hope.  Only a revolution can free us at this point.  Hopefully Bitcoin helps to make a peaceful one possible, but I very much doubt those who currently hold power will give it up without trying violence first.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 12:35:19 PM

i had a dream liek this last year

worked out perfectly.

in my dream i sold when i should've hodl

dreams really do come true...

Anyway, nice dream. Could come true, could not, just be patient and perhaps you won't have to.
kwoody

Activity: 454

Technology and Women. Amazing.

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 02:56:08 PM

Bitcoin already surpassed gold-ounce parity briefly this month.
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2013, 03:35:12 PM

Bitcoin already surpassed gold-ounce parity briefly this month.
No it just failed it.
tomatitotarifa

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 10:13:47 PM

The only dreams I have are of my old SAAB having mechanical issues, or the clutch pedal goes to the floor.  Cry

That just came true on my 9-3!!  Wish you had mentioned earlier!
vokain
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2013, 11:55:22 PM

Jungian collective unconscious Smiley
GigaCoin

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

Giga

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 12:01:35 AM

I've had a few dreams that have come pretty close in predicting bitcoin, which we all know is unpredictable.

This is just epic !!

and it's true too. Anyone who based their trades on suukools previous dreams would have made profit.

Suukool will be crowned as Bitcointalk's official Shaman Oracle Prophet Dreamer after this (if) successful prediction.

DieJohnny
Legendary

Activity: 1639
Merit: 1006

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 01:14:41 AM

I dream about bitcoins. Who else dreams about bitcoin?

Those who hold and those who are without property have ever formed distinct interests in society
nanobrain
Legendary

Activity: 1008

Dumb broad

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 02:19:38 AM

I'm kinda stunned that a bunch of people who spend a large amount of their time staring at information about something are amazed at the fact they then dream about that thing.

You dream about pretty much any significant data you input into your consciousness: when I learned AS2 I dreamt in code (which is strange), when I practise my Spanish I dream in Castillano, watch enough Star Trek etc etc. 

Dreaming about BTC isn't going to provide you with any market prescience outside of the coincidental, it just means perhaps you are not spreading your cognitive load evenly aka "need to get a life".

MatTheCat

Activity: 840

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 02:44:28 AM
Last edit: December 26, 2013, 03:17:59 AM by MatTheCat

I'm kinda stunned that a bunch of people who spend a large amount of their time staring at information about something are amazed at the fact they then dream about that thing.

You dream about pretty much any significant data you input into your consciousness: when I learned AS2 I dreamt in code (which is strange), when I practise my Spanish I dream in Castillano, watch enough Star Trek etc etc.  

Dreaming about BTC isn't going to provide you with any market prescience outside of the coincidental, it just means perhaps you are not spreading your cognitive load evenly aka "need to get a life".

Going from my own experience, I really don't know about that.

True, spend too much time with your head in Bitcoin and you will dream a complete pile of Bitcoin mince.

But some of my best investment insight ever, has come from dreams. Sometimes it is hard to distinguish the mince from the substantial however, especially since we will always tend to bend any kind of intuition that enters our head to fit our paradigms and personal biases.

Annoyingly, I often only get a strong investment intuition if I have already made a move.

I invested heavily into silver back in $30 days when it seemed it could only go up. However, despite all the positive visualisation and positive bias reinforcement that I would do by reading the sort of bullshit that Max Keiser or Mike Maloney are endlessly putting out, I then had a dream about it being an absolute nightmare investment. Being a bit of a 'Crash JP Morgan, Buy Silver' sucker, it  took a while to admit to myself that the market was going to be grim, especially since it did go up a bit in short term (I ended up taking a small loss). Thus far, I took a 3% loss and saved myself a near 40% loss.

I sold 15 BTC that I bought at $100 for $350 after deciding that the market was going down. The same night, I dreamt of Bitcoin taking out $600 on Gox (that was where I checked Bitcoin price as recently as early Nov 2013). I knew immediately that I had to get heavily into Bitcoin and quick...unfortunately it took 11 days to get clearance on Bitstamp and get GBP sent and converted to USD, I still got in, and I still made thousands.

Most recently, I had a dream where Bitcoin went to $110 and this is influencing my market outlook without a shadow of a doubt....and almost every night, I am getting dreams of Bitcoin being smashed down unbelievably low, but these dreams don't really hit me as carrying weight like the other ones I described, so I am unsure if they are a kind of subconscious self-gratification of my conscious 'bearish' outlook or just faint echoes of what my subconscious mind already knows is going to happen. If I were to put 20K into Bitcoin tonight, I am sure that I would get some kind of dream that would strongly reflect the rightness or wrongness of such a move.....but since there are no guarantees that I will...I aint gonna.

and away from investment issues, I have experienced insight from dreams into things happening around me far too many times to dismiss dreaming as 100% minced up thoughts.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
N12
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1010

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 03:07:12 AM

I dreamt of an impending Bitcoin bubble at 160, then again at 210 after the 230 top, on Oct 30th. Then, I dreamt of 500s during the bull trap to 1068 on the 9th of December. I know the dates because I actually told someone about it and just searched through the log.

This has happened in the past as well. I do think there is something to it. When we are awake, we let our biases and wishes influence us, although my dreams weren't always contrary to my position. Still, we pick up lots of things that we don't dwell about that can manifest in such an emotional response and serve to help break through a possible cognitive dissonance.

When you don't get good rest, then something is probably wrong with your position. If I sleep well, it's indicative that things are going fine.
suukool (OP)

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 06:10:26 AM

Okay guys, time for a little longer of a post explaining everything.
I haven't had time to write because of all the holiday madness!

This year I did all my Christmas shopping with bitcoin, I research into the code a lot and have been intrigued by the idea of this new currency that I have deemed able to throw over establishments.
I know that next year, Q1 we are talking big game investors coming in, overstock.com is in, derivatives are still arriving, amazon.com and Starbucks might just jump on board.
(I mean you know how those hipsters are they have to have everything before it's cool, why NOT bitcoin?)  Grin Grin

Point is, after everyone has time after the holidays the price is going to be 1000+ Jan 1st.
It's already been bullish these past two days and I don't think it's gonna stop.

Yet this is all just based on a dream I had, I just reported these for fun never expecting it to happen, Yet your mind is one amazing thing, the power of knowledge and consciousness is just immense.
If this does come true and some people jumbled a BTC or two on my words and won, great! I just don't wanna be responsible if something happens, I'm confident in my word that I am all in right now.
Everything that's not essential money for me is in BTC. This is going to be one hell of a year with things to happen.
Earthquakes, Debt Ceiling, Zombie Attack,Government Collapse? Who knows.

I just know that in my hand, my BTC is going to be worth one hell of a lot at the end of 2014. All the way through it's gonna be one hell of a ride.

So my friends,

HHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD DDDLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!

-SuuKool

suukool (OP)

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 01:56:41 AM

And up up and away it goes! Smiley BTC
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: