Bitcoin Forum
August 17, 2024, 09:56:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 ... 158 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][MEOW] Kittehcoin launched ! Come get some MEOW now. U haz it! DOGE sad.  (Read 246058 times)
Nullu

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 04:59:06 PM

Yep. dead markets. Just too many coins and too soon.

BTC - 14kYyhhWZwSJFHAjNTtyhRVSu157nE92gF
stompix
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 6518

Exchange 250+ Coins With 0% Fees

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 05:14:43 PM

Shouldn't MEOW bounce back ? It's a cat after all  , although it's a dead frozen one.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████░░
█████▀▀░░░░░░░░▀▀▀░░░░
▄████▀░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░
████░░░░░░░▄█████████▀░░░░
████░░░░░░▄████▀░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄
████░░░░▄████▀░░░░░░░░░░████
▀▀▀▀░░▄█████▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░████
░░░░░░▀█████████▀░░░░░████
░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░▄████▀
░░░░▄▄▄░░░░░░░░▄▄█████
░░████████████████▀▀
▀▀████████▀▀

TheChange
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀██▀▀██████████▄
██████████░░██░░███████████
████████░░░░░░░░░░▀████████
█████████░░░████░░░████████
█████████░░░░░░░░░░████████
█████████░░░████▄░░░███████
████████▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀░░░███████
████████▄▄░░▄▄░░▄▄▄████████
▀█████████░░██░░██████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀

░░░░░░░░░░██▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀
░░░░░░░░░░██▀
░░░▄▄
 ▄██▀
███████████████
 ▀██▄
░░░▀▀
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
▄████████████▀███████████▄
████████████░░░███████████
██████████▀░░░░░▀█████████
█████████▀░░░░░░░▀████████
████████░░░░░░░░░░░███████
████████▀▄▄░░░░░▄▄▀███████
█████████▄░▀▀▄▀▀░▄████████
██████████▄░░░░░▄█████████
▀███████████▄░▄██████████▀
▀██████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████▀▀

+250
COINS
..Crypto Exchange..
▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄███▀▀███▄▄▄
▄█████▀▀░▄▄▄▄░▀▀█████▄
██▀░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄░▀██
██░████████████████░██
██░████████████████░██
██░▀██████████████▀░██
██░▀████████████▀░██
▀██░▀██████████▀░██▀
▀██▄░▀██████▀░▄██▀
▀██▄▄░▀▀░▄▄██▀
▀▀██▄▄██▀▀
▀▀▀▀
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
▄████████████████████████▄
██████████████░░░░░░░█████
██████▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░█████
████▄░░░░░░░▄▄█▀░░░░██████
████████████▀░░░░░░███████
██████████░░░░░░░░████████
███████████▄░░░░░█████████
█████████████▄░░██████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████▀▀
Nullu

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 05:16:59 PM

Shouldn't MEOW bounce back ? It's a cat after all  , although it's a dead frozen one.

No likely unless there's a significant amount more activity around the coin. Just too many people willing to dump them. Ironic really. Everyone's greed has made it essentially worthless.

It would be smart to buy in 10 mill or so at a couple of satoshi for a rainy day, but it's a coin to sit on and wait.

BTC - 14kYyhhWZwSJFHAjNTtyhRVSu157nE92gF
ManDrone

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 05:56:15 PM

I've lurked on here since the launch, and figured I'd pipe in now...

This coin is not doing better for a few resons:
1. They are easy to mine (diff is low) so there are tons of them
2. You can't do anything with them except trade for other coins.

The major thing making BitCoin hold value... first it was hope - geeks saw a new way to conduct wealth transfer for goods and services. Next it was (and is) utility - stores are accepting BitCoin now, aka you can DO SOMETHING with it. Until there is a way for these bits to be "spent" in some way, they are only good for speculation and hot potato "sell to the next idiot for more than I can buy back later". Telling people not to sell, tweeting prices, or any other nonsense is just wasted time and hot air. MEOWs don't pay the rent (yet). We need services and reasons for people to use the damned stuff. Today it's just a proxy for other coins with value - and it's a proxy in a crowded space (MOON, CAT, TIPS, BLAH BLAH BLAH)...

We all want this coin to be successful in some way, but how we get there is by making the coin worth bothering with - not trying to prop up the price with hot air. If you were new to cryptos, why, right now, would you buy MEOW instead of DOGE other than to speculate that it will magically be worth more later...just because...

I know the devs have been hinting at "big cool things" and that is AWESOME. But until one or more big awesome things happen, this coin is just hanging out.

My opinon, feel free to refute.

ManDrone
jmixup

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 06:17:42 PM

I'd open an online store selling pc games for MEOW right now but with the price being so low on coinedup I'd have to be asking alot of MEOW per game (until it takes off, which it will!!)

I suppose if there's any interest I'll whip one up and see how it goes.
danosphere
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1001

Syscoin- Changing the way people do business.

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2014, 07:02:57 PM

can someone push to get this listed on BTC38, chinese love meme's and would love this coin. There are some very obscure coins listed on BTC38 that are doing VERY VERY WELL>

Oh we will with the relaunch, they will love the new logo!

Hello there, just sent you 100K donation for doing an awesome job.  Can you give us a timeline on some of the progress the devs have been recently making?  It would help promote and keep people actively interested.  I'm sure people want to feel confident in MEOW and an occasional update on progreess would make them happy.  Smiley Awesome job btw.  Thanks.

Thank you! I'll put it in the donation pool so that we can continue to build out KittehCoin! You rock!

Syscoin: Business on the Blockchain. - Buy and sell goods and services, send encrypted messages and more all secured by the blockchain.
Syscoin Website | Syscoin Whitepaper | Syscoin Team Price Peg
danosphere
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2014, 07:08:56 PM

Looks like coined up is removing the moon/btc and meow/blc pairs .

Tbh got on way too early, but what can you do.

It did get on there way too soon Sad

Yep. dead markets. Just too many coins and too soon.
Shouldn't MEOW bounce back ? It's a cat after all  , although it's a dead frozen one.

No likely unless there's a significant amount more activity around the coin. Just too many people willing to dump them. Ironic really. Everyone's greed has made it essentially worthless.

It would be smart to buy in 10 mill or so at a couple of satoshi for a rainy day, but it's a coin to sit on and wait.

Yup and yup. We are hoping through giveaways and promotion we can spread the wealth. We also have games and other ways to spend MEOW planned.

I know the devs have been hinting at "big cool things" and that is AWESOME. But until one or more big awesome things happen, this coin is just hanging out.

ManDrone

You're totally right, and we have things coming but I don't want to pre-emptively announce anything. When we relaunch this coin/website/wiki you will also see the new sites and services announced. Right now I can tell you for sure we will have an android app for monitoring the price, a kittehdice game is already under way, we are working on kittehpoker and we are trying to launch coincontrol with the new release 0.8.6 alongside the relaunch. We will provide more info when we can the reason we are keeping sorta quiet is we don't want to risk a repeat of the initial launch, promising more than we can deliver. We will deliver, and then see how kitteh does!

Syscoin: Business on the Blockchain. - Buy and sell goods and services, send encrypted messages and more all secured by the blockchain.
stompix
Legendary

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 07:23:15 PM

You're totally right, and we have things coming but I don't want to pre-emptively announce anything. When we relaunch this coin/website/wiki you will also see the new sites and services announced. Right now I can tell you for sure we will have an android app for monitoring the price, a kittehdice game is already under way, we are working on kittehpoker and we are trying to launch coincontrol with the new release 0.8.6 alongside the relaunch. We will provide more info when we can the reason we are keeping sorta quiet is we don't want to risk a repeat of the initial launch, promising more than we can deliver. We will deliver, and then see how kitteh does!

Sorry but you don't understand. Meow has nothing special , it's just a clone  , and your list is just a clone of what other coins aim for.
Unless you get something really unique and that others including the "big guys" don't have , it is meaningless.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████░░
█████▀▀░░░░░░░░▀▀▀░░░░
░░░░▄▄▄░░░░░░░░▄▄█████
░░████████████████▀▀
▀▀████████▀▀

TheChange
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▀▀█████████████████▀▀

░░░░░░░░░░██▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀
░░░░░░░░░░██▀
░░░▄▄
 ▄██▀
███████████████
 ▀██▄
░░░▀▀
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
▀██████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████▀▀

+250
COINS
..Crypto Exchange..
▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄███▀▀███▄▄▄
▄█████▀▀░▄▄▄▄░▀▀█████▄
██▀░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄░▀██
██░████████████████░██
██░████████████████░██
██░▀██████████████▀░██
██░▀████████████▀░██
▀██░▀██████████▀░██▀
▀██▄░▀██████▀░▄██▀
▀██▄▄░▀▀░▄▄██▀
▀▀██▄▄██▀▀
▀▀▀▀
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
▀██████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████▀▀
stompix
Legendary

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 07:25:13 PM

I've lurked on here since the launch, and figured I'd pipe in now...

This coin is not doing better for a few resons:
1. They are easy to mine (diff is low) so there are tons of them
2. You can't do anything with them except trade for other coins.

The major thing making BitCoin hold value... first it was hope - geeks saw a new way to conduct wealth transfer for goods and services. Next it was (and is) utility - stores are accepting BitCoin now, aka you can DO SOMETHING with it. Until there is a way for these bits to be "spent" in some way, they are only good for speculation and hot potato "sell to the next idiot for more than I can buy back later". Telling people not to sell, tweeting prices, or any other nonsense is just wasted time and hot air. MEOWs don't pay the rent (yet). We need services and reasons for people to use the damned stuff. Today it's just a proxy for other coins with value - and it's a proxy in a crowded space (MOON, CAT, TIPS, BLAH BLAH BLAH)...

We all want this coin to be successful in some way, but how we get there is by making the coin worth bothering with - not trying to prop up the price with hot air. If you were new to cryptos, why, right now, would you buy MEOW instead of DOGE other than to speculate that it will magically be worth more later...just because...

ManDrone

I must agree with you totally on this.
You might be a jr member with only two posts , but this one has more reason and insight that 1000 posts of the hype driven idiots around here.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████░░
█████▀▀░░░░░░░░▀▀▀░░░░
░░░░▄▄▄░░░░░░░░▄▄█████
░░████████████████▀▀
▀▀████████▀▀

TheChange
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▀▀█████████████████▀▀

░░░░░░░░░░██▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀
░░░░░░░░░░██▀
░░░▄▄
 ▄██▀
███████████████
 ▀██▄
░░░▀▀
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
▀██████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████▀▀

+250
COINS
..Crypto Exchange..
▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄███▀▀███▄▄▄
▄█████▀▀░▄▄▄▄░▀▀█████▄
██▀░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄░▀██
██░████████████████░██
██░████████████████░██
██░▀██████████████▀░██
██░▀████████████▀░██
▀██░▀██████████▀░██▀
▀██▄░▀██████▀░▄██▀
▀██▄▄░▀▀░▄▄██▀
▀▀██▄▄██▀▀
▀▀▀▀
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
▀██████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████▀▀
ManDrone

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 07:38:45 PM

By the way... a relaunch, if successful, will draw the multipools for a while at least, causing the difuiculty to spike and then they will bail and the stragglers will be stuck until the new difficulty is set. The way to deal with this is not a hard fork like catcoin did (which solved nothing, just dropped diff really low, made the miners come back, made them a bunch of quick CAT and then diff spiked and they rolled... (duh!)) but rather an intelligent difficulty adjustment algo.

Remember: difficulty exists for one basic reason - to make the creation of new coins come out on a specific schedule. That's it. If readjustment takes too long, that schedule will get out of whack.. Multipools wreak havoc on long diff adjustments. They take advantage of the low diff until it adjusts to the level they forced it to, and then they leave. This is just them exploiting the current algo (no harm, no foul, just business).

Megacoin appears to use what is known as the gravity well. If you are older than 12 and don't have the attention span of a twitter post, it is absolutely worth reading. You might actually learn something (sorry, that's the grumpy old man preemptively blasting all the jerks who whine about reading a page of text). The thread below actually includes the CODE to the ALGO.

I strongly suggest the devs especially take a look at this. Whether they choose to implement it or not is their deal, but knowledge is power.

https://forum.megacoin.co.nz/index.php?topic=893.0
snipsnoop
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 09:23:21 PM

By the way... a relaunch, if successful, will draw the multipools for a while at least, causing the difuiculty to spike and then they will bail and the stragglers will be stuck until the new difficulty is set. The way to deal with this is not a hard fork like catcoin did (which solved nothing, just dropped diff really low, made the miners come back, made them a bunch of quick CAT and then diff spiked and they rolled... (duh!)) but rather an intelligent difficulty adjustment algo.

Remember: difficulty exists for one basic reason - to make the creation of new coins come out on a specific schedule. That's it. If readjustment takes too long, that schedule will get out of whack.. Multipools wreak havoc on long diff adjustments. They take advantage of the low diff until it adjusts to the level they forced it to, and then they leave. This is just them exploiting the current algo (no harm, no foul, just business).

Megacoin appears to use what is known as the gravity well. If you are older than 12 and don't have the attention span of a twitter post, it is absolutely worth reading. You might actually learn something (sorry, that's the grumpy old man preemptively blasting all the jerks who whine about reading a page of text). The thread below actually includes the CODE to the ALGO.

I strongly suggest the devs especially take a look at this. Whether they choose to implement it or not is their deal, but knowledge is power.

https://forum.megacoin.co.nz/index.php?topic=893.0

Very very good point and thanks for the link.
Mortimer452

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 10:21:06 PM

I agree the Gravity Well difficulty adjustment system is pretty awesome, but MEOW shouldn't have problems anywhere near like what we saw with CAT.  Current block targets at 30 seconds and diff readjustment at 1 hour (every 120 blocks) is pretty quick.  Even if we did get slammed really hard with multipool traffic, it would take a hashrate shift several orders of magnitude in size to get the diff out of whack for more than several hours (or a day at most).
ManDrone

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 10:35:18 PM

I agree the Gravity Well difficulty adjustment system is pretty awesome, but MEOW shouldn't have problems anywhere near like what we saw with CAT.  Current block targets at 30 seconds and diff readjustment at 1 hour (every 120 blocks) is pretty quick.  Even if we did get slammed really hard with multipool traffic, it would take a hashrate shift several orders of magnitude in size to get the diff out of whack for more than several hours (or a day at most).

I haven't done the math (I'd have to figure out how to do the math, frankly) on this but let me ask a straightforward set of "what-if" questions to see if you are correct (and I hope you are!)

1. When coinwars tells the world "coin X is now the #1 coin to mine" what is the hashpower that gets pointed at that coin?
2. If coin X was MEOW and that hashpower got pointed at MEOW for 120 cycles or so (enough for diff to get recalculated, coinwars to take MEOW off the top, and everyone to leave) what would the new diff be?
3. If the new diff of Y was applied, and hashrate dropped to what it is today, how long would it take for the 120 cycles of new diff Y to play out?

I'm curious about hard numbers... I'll do the math if I have to, just curious if someone else knows the formulas offhand...
kalnas

Activity: 98

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 10:45:53 PM

I think this is direct relation between hashrate/difficulty/time. So if multipool jumps in, increasing hashrate 10 times, on next diff calculation difficulty increases 10 times, and as multipool jumps out right away, it will take 10 times 'normal time' for leftover miners to get to next recalculation.
So if you get targeted by multipool you will be constantly mining on high difficulty, and when difficulty is low you still get no blocks as you have very small fraction of total network hashrate.
Mortimer452

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 11:10:43 PM

Kalnas is pretty much right, the relationship between difficulty and hashrate is pretty much linear.

Network hashrate increases by 10x, diff increases by 10x at the next diff adjustment interval.

So, hypothetically speaking, in a worst-case scenario situation (keep in mind this VERY unlikely to occur at this extreme of a level):

Current network hash rate is ~160MH/s, diff is 1.07
Middlecoin.com hops on now and begins mining, hashrate jumps to 10,160Mh/s (increase of approximately 63x)
Blocks are being found at 63x current rate, so instead of 30 second blocktimes we are getting 1 or 2 blocks per second, so diff spikes from 1.07 to around 67 within a couple of minutes
Middlecoin.com hops off network because coin is no longer profitable at new difficulty, the original ~160MH network hashrate returns
Now we are stuck with a rather large diff and very little hashrate, block intervals are now roughly 63x longer, so instead of 30 second block times we are now getting around 1,800-second block times (30 minutes!)
Next difficulty adjustment isn't for 120 blocks, 120 blocks * 30 minutes = roughly 60 hours (2.5 days!) before the network returns back to "normal"

Like I said, the above scenario is very extreme, and I seriously doubt anything quite that magnitude would occur.  If the coin really takes off in price and becomes more valuable, our "normal" hashrate will be much, much higher than the current 160MH/s so pools swinging around 10GH from coin to coin won't have nearly as much of an affect.
danosphere
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2014, 03:33:59 AM

Don't have much time tonight but people have been asking "what is the plan for KittehCoin? We want to know!". I really wish I had made this into a more visual representation and maybe i will but I figured at least I'd share this so people know what we're jamming on:

The Current Shorterm KittehCoin Roadmap (~1-2weeks)

Again I'd like to thank our many supporters and those who have donated! Meow go spead the good news about KittehCoin comeback far and wide! Smiley

PyroTekNeks

Activity: 70

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 06:46:16 AM

Don't have much time tonight but people have been asking "what is the plan for KittehCoin? We want to know!". I really wish I had made this into a more visual representation and maybe i will but I figured at least I'd share this so people know what we're jamming on:

The Current Shorterm KittehCoin Roadmap (~1-2weeks)

Again I'd like to thank our many supporters and those who have donated! Meow go spead the good news about KittehCoin comeback far and wide! Smiley
Wow, you should have revealed this a while back to gain support! All this sounds amazing right now...hopefully they do come to fruition!

http://scrypt.cc?ref=baaai
^^^SCRYPT CLOUD MINING SITE!!!^^^
robzordoge

Activity: 33

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 08:02:53 AM

Things seem to have hit rock bottom with kittehcoin.
It can only go up from here though, good luck!
freddyfarnsworth

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 08:22:20 AM

Well we went to .00000002 on coinup but someone has a standing order to buy
630,000,000 + on the board @ .00000001

My favorite is the sell at 00000035 area, we need to get there.

BTC: 1F1X9dN2PRortYaDkq89YJDbQ72i3F5N3h MEOW: KAbvy9jrrajvN5WLo7RWBsYqYfJKyN9WLf DOGE: DAyKSrTiVeRZaReTu1Cyf5Je6qPdKTuKKE
placebo
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 08:26:55 AM

Well we went to .00000002 on coinup but someone has a standing order to buy
630,000,000 + on the board @ .00000001

My favorite is the sell at 00000035 area, we need to get there.

BTC or LTC Smiley I don't think we will see 35 against BTC, a lot of hype and now.... nothing anymore. It is really crazy when i would mine this one then my cost of electricity will be more then what i can earn...
Pages: « 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 ... 158 »
  Print  

Jump to: