Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:42:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: It's about to get ugly on mtgox  (Read 5853 times)
accord01 (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 12:48:46 PM

The trigger point for the newest flash crash, a 1000 wall eaten, and 1500 coins dumped, and the continuation of the downward trend
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
GriTBitS

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

“A decentralized registry for unique assets”

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 02:12:57 PM

The trigger point for the newest flash crash, a 1000 wall eaten, and 1500 coins dumped, and the continuation of the downward trend

agree!

▄▄█████████                                                                                   
 ██▀       ██                                                                                   
██         ██                                                                                   
██         ██                                                                                   
██         ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   
██         ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
██         ██                                                                                ▀█▄
██         ██                                                                                 ██
██         ██                                                                                 ██
██         ██         ▄██████▄    ▄██████▄     ████████▄     █████████   ▀██▄  ▄██▀           ██
██         ██       ▄██▀    ▀▀   ▄██▀  ▀██▄    ██     ▀██▄   ██            ██████             ██
██         ██       ██▀          ██      ██    ██      ▀██   ██▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀██▀              ██
██         ██       ███          ██▄    ▄██    ██      ▄██   ██            ▄████▄             ██
██         ██        ▀██▄▄▄▄██    ▀██▄▄██▀     ██▄▄▄▄▄██▀    ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ██▀  ▀██            ██
██▄██████████          ▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀           ██
███▀                                                                                          ██
██                                                                                            ██
▀█▄                                                                                           ██
 ▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▀████
                                                                                    ██       ▀██
                                                                                    ██       ▄██
                                                                                    ██      ▄██
                                                                                    ███████▀▀   
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █
█ █

*   Collect with Trust   *
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
 █ █
 █ █

theecoinomist

Activity: 200

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 02:47:40 PM

Oh shiiiiiet, it crashed $40 upwards :s

TERA

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 03:07:13 PM

That drop woke me up out of my sleep. No not with an alert but I just felt it in my dream, rolled out bed, checked and there it was. I think I'm getting an ESP connection to these markets or something.
Edward50

Activity: 602

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 03:21:36 PM

I am thinking that there is a good chance it will not crash.

Simply people who own bitcoins are just not selling and are just waiting for the price to go higher at this point. This is why volume is so low.

The demand is not there for expensive bitcoins, this is probably the reason why the price is not going higher.

I don't see anything changing, maybe a very slow decline to lower numbers but I doubt we will see a crash. I don't see any really bad news worse than china being out of the game.

Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup; You put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle; You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.
fr33d0miz3r

Activity: 518

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 03:28:39 PM

And again: too many people who think that there are too many buyers wishful thinking on get bitcoins below 400
_wayfarer_

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

Software Engineer

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2013, 03:32:35 PM

And then there's the "wait till it gets to $10 to buy" folks...

Try my free BTC price alerts | In the 20th century, the United States endured two world wars and other traumatic and expensive military conflicts; the Depression; a dozen or so recessions and financial panics; oil shocks; a flu epidemic; and the resignation of a disgraced president. Yet the Dow rose from 66 to 11,497 - Warren Buffet
fr33d0miz3r

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 03:52:49 PM

And then there's the "wait till it gets to $10 to buy" folks...

I'll wait for 2016
Edward50

Activity: 602

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 04:03:41 PM

And again: too many people who think that there are too many buyers wishful thinking on get bitcoins below 400

I don't really get this? So are there too many buyers?

Are you saying that there are many buyers or there are not and that is wishful thinking but since everybody thinks there are too many buyers nobody is selling? Or maybe everybody is buying?

Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup; You put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle; You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.
fr33d0miz3r

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 04:05:52 PM

Are you saying that there are many buyers or there are not and that is wishful thinking but since everybody thinks there are too many buyers nobody is selling? Or maybe everybody is buying?

Everybody is trolling, that's what I mean  Grin
MatTheCat

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 05:45:50 PM

That drop woke me up out of my sleep. No not with an alert but I just felt it in my dream, rolled out bed, checked and there it was. I think I'm getting an ESP connection to these markets or something.

Has happened to me a few times.....

I sold at $370 back in November thinking I done great, woke up with a dream that BTC had hit $600 on Gox, bolted through to the PC, saw that BTC was still just around $400, but recognised the subconscious signal that I had to get properly into this marker. It took 11 bloody days from that point to get set up on Bitstamp (I stupidly refused to pay the 20% premiums that were standard on LocalBitcoins at the time so missed out on about 100% of upside.

After the bounce from previous $540 crash, I woke up and automatically made for my PC, telling myself that 'it has peaked, sell now, it won't stay there long'. BTC was at $920. As I came to my senses I thought to myself, "WTF am I playing at, turn this shit off now"....I ended up selling 80% of what I had later on that day at $880. BTC never been so high since.

and there are numerous other examples I could bore everyone to death with.

Infact, if I were to trade on my dreams I would generally be doing much better than when I sit and scrutinise news events or attempt amateur chart analysis.

The human brain is a massively complex thing although most of the processes it completes are done unconsciously or subconsciously. So unfortunately, our conscious mind is not able to harness the bazillion calculations per second processing power of the entirety of our minds, leaving us stuck with being able to consider between 7-12 factors at once when we think mentally, or perhaps up to 30 when we are doing an intensive desk study, writing everything down and compiling data.

So whilst we can't rely on our subconscious mind to deliver the goods on practical problems that are mainly of interest to our conscious minds, when we are thrown a scrap of information through a dream, or an intuitive ping, we would do well to heed the message, providing we are capable of interpreting that message and not bending it to fit any paradigm that our conscious minds are subscribing to. And on this note, I will state once again that I believe that BTC is going to tank. Although I have since attempted to rationalise this belief with facts, charts, and data, the initial 'tip off' was of the 'subconscious' variety.

My next buy-ins are between $100 - $230, Bitstamp prices.

If these come good, will this be the absolute bottom? I wouldn't fkn bet on it!

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
kireinaha

Activity: 350
Merit: 253

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 05:56:44 PM

Say wha...?

Night gathers, and now my bitcoinwisdom watch begins.
BittBurger

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 06:36:59 PM

The demand is not there for expensive bitcoins, this is probably the reason why the price is not going higher.

This is going to be the problem, going into the future.  

And switching to mBTC doesn't help fix this.  

Because people can buy thousands of mBTC without pushing the price up on a "whole" BTC at all.

At least that's how I understand it.

Owner: "The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
View it on the Blockchain | Genesis Block Newspaper Copies
proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 06:51:27 PM

Because people can buy thousands of mBTC without pushing the price up on a "whole" BTC at all.

Wait, I wasn't aware that the point of switching to mBTC was to pump the price...

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
MAbtc

Activity: 826
Merit: 508

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 07:03:23 PM

Wait, I wasn't aware that the point of switching to mBTC was to pump the price...
Shhhhhh Smiley
Lloydie

Activity: 140

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 08:09:10 PM

1000 mbtc = 1 Btc

1000 x 1000 mbtc = 1000 Btc
jamesc760

Activity: 448

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 08:54:18 PM

1000 mbtc = 1 Btc

1000 x 1000 mbtc = 1000 Btc

And your point is???
exocytosis

Activity: 476

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 10:13:33 PM

The average person is willing to pay a lot more for 100 mBTC than for 0.1 BTC, even though they're the same thing. It's basic human psychology. Therefore, shifting to mBTC (or similar denominations) would drive up the price.
outofservice

Activity: 70
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 10:32:03 PM

The average person is willing to pay a lot more for 100 mBTC than for 0.1 BTC, even though they're the same thing. It's basic human psychology. Therefore, shifting to mBTC (or similar denominations) would drive up the price.

+1  human psychology
Mirsad

Activity: 140

Bitcoin - love & hate

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 11:39:39 PM

Also know as pump the price with psychological tricks... wait.. pump ? mmmh.. pump to dump? yeah, we need higher prices to sell MOOOOAR!

< 100 BTC is not worth mentioning. Poor souls will always remain poor. Don't miss the failtrain.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: