Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 05:53:56 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is bitcoin a threat to USD and Pound Sterling?  (Read 1364 times)
coinnumber

Activity: 504
Merit: 5

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 08:16:09 AM

I think Bitcoin is a big threat to Dollar because most of the countries round the globe 🌐 makes use of dollars for exchange. And I believe bitcoin will overcome dollars and pounds in the nearest future despite the fact that they are trying all means not to make bitcoin generally acceptable it will overcome on a very good day.
Xxmodded

Activity: 2282
Merit: 309

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 08:23:49 AM

Hello guys,

Do you think bitcoin will be a threat to USD and Pound Sterling in the nearest future?

if yes, give an estimated time this can happen.

I think not, there are many differences in virtual currency and fiat currencies.
and the obvious difference appears on the stock market. well because of this factor bitcoin will not have a big effect on fiat currency.

B.I.O.K.R.I.P.T|
  BiokriptX Fair Launch is now live in PINKSALE
|🟣 Twitter
🔵 Facebook
🟣 Telegram
vlom31

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2018, 08:25:49 AM

Depends on the timeframe imho, on a long enough timeframe I do think cryptocurrencies will make a dent in fiat money, and in Bitcoin's case also in precious metals value by becoming an easier to acquire & manage store of value, we're already seeing signs of that in inflation ridden countries.

Mehdi
boakyei

Activity: 358
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2018, 08:29:56 AM

A threat like making USD and Pound sterling go extinct? then no. fiat currencies can't be done with because of cryptocurrencies. Bitcoins is operating in it own domain as a peer to peer payment while fiat too is fulfilling it purpose as government legal tender.

shoreno

Activity: 1750
Merit: 118

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 08:38:19 AM

A threat like making USD and Pound sterling go extinct? then no. fiat currencies can't be done with because of cryptocurrencies. Bitcoins is operating in it own domain as a peer to peer payment while fiat too is fulfilling it purpose as government legal tender.

but still btc can still be a big threat to usd or any other local currencies because many people right now are started to recognized and use btc when compared to local currencies. Sooner or later btc can dominate all other currencies if this trend will continue to happen.

I think Bitcoin is a big threat to Dollar because most of the countries round the globe 🌐 makes use of dollars for exchange. And I believe bitcoin will overcome dollars and pounds in the nearest future despite the fact that they are trying all means not to make bitcoin generally acceptable it will overcome on a very good day.

That is what im also thinking but i guess there can still be people who will continue to use fiats because they dont have access to these bitcoin and other cryptos . Few examples could be poor people that cant afford to buy a gadget that is internet enabled and if ever they can afford it they can still be having a hard time to understand and learn cryptos because they are not educated due to poverty.
Burogh

Activity: 644
Merit: 10

COVIR.IO

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 09:09:19 AM

Hello guys,

Do you think bitcoin will be a threat to USD and Pound Sterling in the nearest future?

I dont think bitcoin is threat for dollar or poundsterling. Bitcoin is cryptocurrency with limited supply and its can not compare with dollar supply that flooding in the world. I think bitcoin is like new digital asset that we can bring anywhere and used anytime

irenegaming

Activity: 476
Merit: 102

Kuvacash.com

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 09:24:30 AM

No, I don't think that Bitcoin is a threat to USD, pound sterling or any other currency in the world. The governments would never let a currency take over their national currency and they would ban it before it will even become a threat to their currency. Think of Bitcoin as a parallel currency which is digital.

keycellko

Activity: 406
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 10:06:59 AM

I don't think so. I think bitcoin will help the economy even. We exchange out btc to usd. I don't know with other countries but this would really be beneficial. When we withdraw our btc it most exchanges i know exchange it to usd so it would even help pump up the dollar.
trecore4

Activity: 658
Merit: 260

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 10:10:41 AM

Hello guys,

Bitcoin : The most unregulated thing in the world with no real presence Having the investment based on the illegal tender around the country and Reserves Banks polishing the notices that they will ban it soon and anyone putting money into it is taking their own risk of doing so.

USD/GBP or any fiat : Is highly regulated one, under authority of Reserve bank and with rightful laws given the permission to trade with full confidence within the country and over the international transactions.  Tongue

Now you tell me do you really think that BTC is threat to the USD or GBP.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 10:20:14 AM

Hello guys,

No, it can't threaten them directly.The way foreign currencies work and their market estimates run, are entirely different than that of the bitcoin markets.Cash isn't limited in supply,notes are printed.The usage of bitcoin  will not affect them unless majority of the markets choose to accept bitcoin as a primary method of payment over cash.

I
GeorgiyBilyk

Activity: 378

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 10:51:13 AM

Hello guys,

of course it is a threat! you just now look, what a large capitalization has left banks! people began to invest in the crypto market! on this all the stick in the wheel inserts the banking sector! I'm sure that soon, maybe in 30 years, there will be one universal currency! and it is possible that this currency will be bitcoin! People are tired of living in constant inflation, due to the fact that countries are constantly printing new money!

△ M!R△CLE TELE   ▌  BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY  ▐   JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
jhonnydeep87

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 10:45:16 PM

Basically everyone who holds bitcoin will still exchange their bitcoin with their own currency in order to use traditional transactions. We know that bitcoin can only be used online solely and while dollar and pound can be used online and offline to transact widely and bitcoin is not a threat from all countries but rather increase the world economy. Cool
bjmpoker001

Activity: 406

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 03:48:13 AM

Hello guys,

No, as long as bitcoin volatility still high, it cannot become a threat for fiat currency.
the reason peoples dont use crypto as a daily currency yet is because the price of cryptocurrency is easy to change.

●   John McAfee Supports   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  Advertising Platform  ❱❱❱❱❱❱   
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  YOUC  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
aray80

Activity: 420

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 02:12:57 AM

in my opinion, it could happen, but I think it is not a threat to the dollar, because bitcoin is the digital currency ...
magneto

Activity: 1666
Merit: 753

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 03:49:34 AM

I doubt that it'll become a "threat", per se.

If you are talking about the fact that bitcoin adopters are going to continue to increase at a pretty fast pace, and its market capitalisation will likely exceed those of a few fiat currencies of smaller countries, then yeah, I think that's definitely going to happen in the near future.

However, even if that happens, is that really a "threat" to GBP or USD? Probably not. Bitcoin can exist alongside these fiat currencies as a popular alternative, and governments will try to regulate bitcoin to the highest extent possible. Although, fiat can definitely lose a lot of value in a short amount of time and eventually cause people to seek alternative store of values, which is something like what we're seeing in Venezuela currently.
nellakarisma

Activity: 582
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 03:56:38 AM

if in my opinion if the threat is also not gan. the reason I am everyone is not necessarily they can invest in bitcoin Because they can not use digital tools.
there are even people who love to work in the real world instead of investing in bitcoin. because in Daira I live the number of people who do not use bitcoin still a lot .if compared people who invest in bitcoin. even i think bitcoin and paper money will go hand in hand with .
Maestro75

Activity: 1974
Merit: 329

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2018, 04:39:31 AM

Hello guys,

The US dollar (American Dollar) is used internationally all over the world by many people, I know when I go to purchase something off someone online it is 99% of the time based around the US Dollar. I believe it would take a lot for something as new as bitcoin to even come close to take over the USD. Reason being that bitcoins supply is limited it doesn’t account for population growth and such unlike the USD or GPD.
I do not even know why people keep thinking bitcoin is a threat to any currency except cryptos. May be this people do not understand how bitcoin works that it is a virtual currency and can only be functional with the help of computers and internet. Dollar and pounds are physical cash and can be used by everyone. Bitcoin is even not known through out the world yet like pounds and dollars.

B.I.O.K.R.I.P.T|
  BiokriptX Fair Launch is now live in PINKSALE
|🟣 Twitter
🔵 Facebook
🟣 Telegram
HeartDesire

Activity: 32

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 04:43:27 AM

Bitcoin has always been a great threat to USD and Pounds that is one of the reasons Government does  of want bitcoin to gain ground in their economy but no matter what it will continue to be. 
Nerman

Activity: 364
Merit: 107

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 04:55:44 AM

Hello guys,

Today and in the near future no , I do not see Bitcoin or any altcoin  to be a threat on both American Dollar or Pound Sterling. Although Bitcoin I think is the better currency, people are really used to using USD and many people specially Billionaires will make sure that Bitcoin will make sure that Bitcoin or Altcoin will only be considered as an alternate currency.
Vincentvanlozano

Activity: 2

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 05:00:23 AM

I think bitcoin is not a threat to USD since we still really depends on the physical USD currency.

USD is our main physical medium of exchange when we go to restaurant and stores. We cant easily say that kryptocurrencies will takes place of USD since we still need  to innovate a secure data base that nonone could hack or attack.

For me kryptocurrencies like bitcoin is not a threat since not all countries are fully indutrialized or innovated into new technological market or country. Wink
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: