Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 01:07:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is bitcoin a threat to USD and Pound Sterling?  (Read 1366 times)
macartem

Activity: 676
Merit: 319

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 07:45:21 PM

Hello guys,

Do you think bitcoin will be a threat to USD and Pound Sterling in the nearest future?

if yes, give an estimated time this can happen.

Hi, I think so. And it will be soon enough, namely somewhere in 30 years  or 50 years. So wait and hope
Reid

Activity: 2926
Merit: 647

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 07:50:54 PM

no bitcoin it's not a treat to fiat currencies!
just think about it, so evident!
bye

You are looking at the "now" and not the future of the world.
Give us more proof and maybe I can consider your words or look for a hole that says you are telling the truth.

It is a threat and actually that is what we can see now. ETF registration was not accepted and also this dumps could be one of their moves. To make panic to bitcoin investors is the attack.

That I can really see for now. Regarding when bitcoin will take over I do not know. But my expectation is 3-5 years from now.
Halk

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 07:56:12 PM

I think bitcoin is not a threat to both. Because basically everyone who keeps bitcoin, still exchanges its bitcoin with local currency, to use it for traditionally. I think bitcoin will even help the economy. We know that Bitcoin can only be used online, while dollars can be used online and offline for wider transactions. Thus Bitcoin is not a threat to the currency.
Casa_de_Nova

Activity: 34

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 05:27:48 PM

Btc are a threat to other currancy's not only USD or Pound but it can change the whole world and btc be the first unit of dealing one and only may be in the next five years we'll see that revolution
Casa_de_Nova

Activity: 34

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 05:49:37 PM

Btc strill a threat to other currancy's not only usd or pound but it will may be change the whole world and we'll see that in the next five years
lissandra3612

Activity: 73

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 03:21:07 PM

No, btc is a private world. If the European economy is strong, btc will have no place and no competition. Only when the crisis happens does it thrive.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 1217

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 03:32:53 PM

Bitcoin is definitely not a threat to the fiat currencies, such as the United States Dollar and the Great Britain Pound. How can it pose a threat, when it is not  even a currency? Rather than a currency, BTC can be considered as an investment asset.
tanjilrifat

Activity: 154

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 04:43:42 PM

I think this should be changed. And this change can bring the crypto currency. Only crypto currency can bring equality in case of foreign transaction. When one of the crypto currency, Whether it is Bitcoin or other crypto.
buternasek

Activity: 336
Merit: 12

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 06:43:45 PM

not at all, now the dollar is getting stronger on the stock market.
and Bitcoin is not related to dollars or pounds at all, bitcoin and dollars have their own functions and uses, in different places.
towi078

Activity: 470
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 07:00:11 PM

I think it's too much if someone has the view that bitcoin will be a threat to fiat money. When properly addressed, I think bitcoin will actually help
Dimon 12

Activity: 297

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 07:16:39 PM

::)I think yes! The transition to a digital economy is not avoided! In the near future 5 years! Roll Eyes

So many experts think! Nobody will tell people this! You will pay attention to what financial institutions are involved!How the infrastructure of the market develops) And this is only nacholo! Surprises will still be waiting)The world crisis will put everything in its place!!!Let's not be observers, but participants in this process! Lead only everything is born!
@ophiuchuss13

Activity: 224

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 08:15:42 PM

I think that in the near future crypto is not will be the main currency , but another currency like bitcoin can come and win the championship. The dollar is now in most countries and is still in demand
xWolfx

Activity: 322
Merit: 20

Donating 10% to charity

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 08:51:08 PM

Bitcoin is more a commodity. For that reason it is more like gold, one virtual kind of gold which can be used for day to day transactions(How convenient).

Comparing it to fiat currency is unfair until it stabilize until levels where people can really use it without fearing that when they go to buy donuts in the morning it's worth half of what they had the day before, so you end up eating overpriced donuts. Nobody wants that.

I personally believe that it will stabilize with time, but it will take years for that to happen. For that reason is better for investments right now. People can use it, with it's better to take note how much it was worth the time you bought so you can compare when you're using it and you don't really lose too much over your investment. If thats what you want to do.

In the future i see Bitcoin being used along fiat money for transactions mostly. Just like television didn't make theaters disappear, Bitcoin won't make money disappear. Each person will choose what they want to use probably.
criptoturk

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2018, 08:54:02 PM

I don't think bitcoin and any cryptocurrency is a threat USD or Pound Sterling and Euro. Now Dollar is main player for most of the international financial transactions globally but in the next future bitcoin can be key player in the global era.

H A R A                [  WHITEPAPER   │   LITEPAPER  ]                H A R A  
Empowering billions through data one byte at a time
TWITTER     GITHUB          REDDIT     FACEBOOK     BITCOINTALKLINKEDIN
teejayrichard2

Activity: 574
Merit: 12

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 08:57:05 PM

yes bitcoin is a great threat to both USD and pound sterling. bitcoin has a great potential and the ideology behind it and the blockchain technology is a unique one, first of its kind. so surely it is a threat and in no distant time, the world will watch it replace other forms of currency
hubballi

Activity: 882
Merit: 297

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 09:01:28 PM

Hello guys,

Do you think bitcoin will be a threat to USD and Pound Sterling in the nearest future?

if yes, give an estimated time this can happen.

Ya it can happen not only to usd or pound sterling but it can also become threat to all fiat currency if bitcoin becomes the main stream currency of the world. But it is not possible in the near future but it can take lot of time even if their is any changes.

rexxarofmoknathal

Activity: 980
Merit: 260

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 09:02:33 PM

yes bitcoin is a great threat to both USD and pound sterling. bitcoin has a great potential and the ideology behind it and the blockchain technology is a unique one, first of its kind. so surely it is a threat and in no distant time, the world will watch it replace other forms of currency

I agree that in the not so distant future cyptocurrency will be a threat to today's currency  but I also believe that at the moment BTC is not at that level to be a direct threat to the two major currencies, it still needs time.

BUY & SELL
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
BITCOIN ETHEREUM RIPPLE
FAQ
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
AFFILIATE PROGRAM

░██████████████████░
████████████████████
█████████▀░░░███████
█████████░░▄████████
███████▀▀░░▀▀███████
███████▄▄░░▄▄███████
█████████░░█████████

█████████░░█████████

█████████▄▄█████████

████████████████████

░██████████████████░
░██████████████████░
████████████████████
████████████▀▀▀█▀███
███░▀█████▀░░░░░▀███
███▌░░░▀▀▀░░░░░░████
████▄░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████▀░░░░░░░░░█████

██████▄░░░░░▄▄██████

█████▄▄▄▄███████████

████████████████████

░██████████████████░
░██████████████████░
████████████████████
████████████████████
███████████▀▀░░▐████
███████▀▀░░░░░█████
████▀░░░▄█▀░░░▐█████
█████▄▄█▀░░░░░██████

███████▌▄▄▄▐██████

████████████████████

████████████████████

░██████████████████░
mojo2208

Activity: 194

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 09:07:15 PM

No at this moment. But it is possible in the future when certain circumstances come. Bitcoin is very quickly introduced into the whole system. Grin
mrbamboo

Activity: 66

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 11:34:30 PM

No. Bitcoin is not a threat to the US dollar and the British pound. These two currencies operate and develop in two different markets. From Bitcoin we can convert to US dollars or pounds, and vice versa. Bitcoin owners will convert them into cash for day-to-day use, and buy Bitcoin as a reserve asset, investing in the future. They are interrelated, not contradictory, because they are in different environments.
raging-creeper

Activity: 173
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 12:39:13 AM

Yes it is.  The real issue who is behind Bitcoin and why is it being allowed.  I imagine Bitcoin was brought to us by them so if thats true Bitcoin is not a real threat.  I imagine before its all said and done they will make it look like a big battle where the people win and get Bitcoin. 

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: