Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 01:37:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is bitcoin a threat to USD and Pound Sterling?  (Read 1361 times)
FlexBrah

Activity: 150
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 04:26:13 AM

it can happen in the event of a global financial crisis when the dollar and other fiat currencies lose credibility to themselves. That bitcoin was equal to the entire dollar mass, he's price should be more than $ 200,000
Michelle_Wood

Activity: 14

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 04:36:24 AM

I do not think it is a threat. It is just a tool to improve our society. Bitcoin helps us to do business fast and not to depend on institutions. It just another option. Bitcoin has its own path. It has no country to support. It is meant to be a global currency. Therefore, other national currencies have not to fear. I do not believe we will all use bitcoin in the future as one currency. Many people think it will happen but it will take time. Banks in the future will integrate bitcoin and use it as well. All in all, it is not a threat to the financial institutions. It is just an additional option to improve business and the economy.
EmmaBen

Activity: 322
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 08:04:19 AM

No! Bitcoin is relatively new; in stability and acceptability. Both dollar and pound are age long fiat currencies of two very big and stable economies, with the dollar wielding  tentacles on almost the entire global economy because almost every global trade is denominated in USD, and it will remain so for some time to come. Also, not every country including the USA that favour or support the use of bitcoin or any other digital currency. Most countries don't. So bitcoin is no threat to either of them. At least, not now.
ShowOff
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1186

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 08:25:56 AM

Hello guys,

Do you think bitcoin will be a threat to USD and Pound Sterling in the nearest future?

if yes, give an estimated time this can happen.
For government maybe yes, because if people start to use Bitcoin and it can adopted everywhere, USD, Poundsterling, or other currency can get threated. That is why government in some country make bitcoin illegal to avoid that thing can happen
totktonuzen123

Activity: 42

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 08:33:38 AM

Everything is possible, but as for me, bitcoin is a relatively new technology that with every year we better and better recommend ourselves, but as is known in world history as soon as a catastrophe comes or something: Dolars, or pounds, is not important right away It's not just a bad currency, but still. The exact time can not be said
inspirone1

Activity: 327
Merit: 100

Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 10:28:09 AM

Hello guys,

Do you think bitcoin will be a threat to USD and Pound Sterling in the nearest future?

I don't think that for now in August 2018 somebody is considering a bitcoin like a threat to those global currencies like Dollar or Pound, because those are symbol for hundred of years.

ORVIUM          Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain          ORVIUM
█      Whitepaper         Telegram         Twitter         Facebook         Reddit         Blog     
▇▆▅▃▃▃▃▃▃▃   Token Generation Event: Coming Soon   ▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▅▆▇
svetochka.yakovleva.93

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 12:02:45 PM

a lot of people now say that the dollar will soon disappear! but the world community is not yet ready for crypto currency. Today, we learned how to use crypto money a small number of people on earth. on this dollar will not disappear in the next 50 years.
Seunbabatunde

Activity: 140

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 12:31:17 PM

To me not every country including the USA that favour or support the use of bitcoin or any other digital currency. Most countries don't. So bitcoin is no threat to either of them.
ETHtotheMOON1

Activity: 280
Merit: 3

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 12:34:11 PM

Hello guys,

I think it's a threat to fiat currencies in long term, but not sure about short term to be frank. Too many things depend on fiat currencies, so only something really huge would crash it

▰▰▰▰ BLACK ▰▰▰▰
 ▰▰▰▰ Insurance Company on Blockchain  ▰▰▰▰
http://www.black.insure/
dupee419

Activity: 1344
Merit: 261

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 12:35:40 PM

I think that BTC won't be a threat yet, I think that BTC has not that much of  firepower as what USD and Pound Sterling has dealt, so I am not quite sure about it, but if in the future, it may happen wherein BTC will surely be a threat.
stownbridge

Activity: 70

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 02:56:45 PM

I think that the next two years there. The next year will become years of recognition at the state level. The real economy will need massive use in two.
Mia Wallace

Activity: 361
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 04:00:48 PM

To my point Bitcoin is not at all a threat to USD and Pound Sterling because bitcoin is transferring from the exchange either to USD or the Pound Sterling.The above currencies are powerful in the world due to the financial stability of above countries.Bitcoin can be operated world wide but the other two currencies are originated from the two different countries.According to my view bitcoin is a service oriented coin originated for the benefit of the global community for their daily requirement so bitcoin will not be a threat to any currency.
Mark Tabicas

Activity: 31

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 09:55:30 AM

Nope. USD and Pound are the two strong currency and they aren't easy to be replaced. USD is used as a general standard for international calculations. Also, USD and Pound are controlled and backed by governments of strong econoly - the US and the UK. You know, the two economies are able to manipuate the price of their currency. At the same time, Bitcoin isn't backed by any organisations and even outlawed in many countries.
Janet Tabicas

Activity: 38

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 09:58:32 AM

Bitcoin is far from being a danger to any currency, much less to the Dollar or Sterling. A national currency is issued and backed by states and the currency empower the states to control and regulate the country. That is to say, government and their currency harmoniously interact. Other methods of exchange will never be legally used without permission from governments. In other words, the government can totally control the popularity of Bitcoin if they allows it to enter their economy.  For that reason, I don't think Bitcoin has any chance to threat existing currency, especially stong currency like the USD and Pound.
Emmax

Activity: 126

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 10:00:55 AM

The world’s currencies are on an endless roller-coaster ride, their relative values constantly rising and falling in relation to each other, with the occasional stomach-churning drop. Last year, it was the turn of the US dollar to hurtle downwards, as UAE expats earning dollar-pegged dirhams know to their cost. The dollar suffered its worst year in a decade, hitting UAE residents with financial commitments in foreign currencies, as their earnings do not travel as far as they did a year ago. Well, if Bitcoin can't, then the US dollar can. Everything will in time be good.
beryziq

Activity: 31
Merit: 5

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 10:12:56 AM

Yes, bitcoin is a threat to USD and pound sterling or other fiat money, but not in the real sense. exactly, as an alternative that is very well liked by the public Because bitcoin is more efficient dan more reliable.
Ozero

Activity: 2072
Merit: 180

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 06:56:44 AM

Hello guys,

You needed to state your position on this issue, and not just put the issue for discussion. How can bitcoin threaten the dollar and pound sterling? In my opinion, bitcoin and other decentralized crypto currency are not threatening these currencies. Decentralized crypto currency will be able to walk in parallel with any kinds of conventional currencies.

avoxosuccesful

Activity: 252
Merit: 3

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 05:40:40 AM

i don't think that the USD is really threatnd by bitcoin. the rise or fall of bitcoin has nothing to do with USD, and for the records the USD is mostly used for most international transactions this days, and also for the records it is not only the USD you can actually change you digital currency into,there other currency which actually supports too. so i dont think the dollar will anywere be affected ..
Crystal24

Activity: 98

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 06:18:18 AM

No.
For the fact that bitcoin is a decentralized virtual currency while pounds / USD are paper money makes it impossible for bitcoin to threaten their existence.
Cryptogid

Activity: 252
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 02:40:29 PM

The answer is no,bitcoin with its technology has its offers,aims,features, I dont see any possible threats to dollars and pounds even at the long run,bitcoin is a digital currency,
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: