Bitcoin Forum
June 01, 2024, 02:00:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: When to buy BTC?  (Read 4748 times)
adnanabbas (OP)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 02:21:17 PM

I would like to buy some coins. When do you guys think would be a good time to buy?
MGK-

Activity: 126

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 02:24:27 PM

Now. After the 1st it will shoot back to 1kish imo
AmericanBit

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 02:34:36 PM

Now. After the 1st it will shoot back to 1kish imo

I concur Roll Eyes
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 1217

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 02:48:00 PM

Two weeks ago, the BTC reached $480 vs the USD, which was the lowest rate for quite sometime. Right now, it is trading at $700 levels.... Either you can buy now... or wait for some time till it reaches $500.
Aswan
Legendary

Activity: 1734
Merit: 1015

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 02:53:55 PM

I would like to buy some coins. When do you guys think would be a good time to buy?

Whenever you have worthless paper money and find some fool who gives you BTC for it Smiley
MatTheCat

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 03:22:11 PM

This is just about the worst place on the whole internet that you could possibly ask this question.

Look at what Bitcoin has done after both previous crashes and you will realise:

a) There is generally a large window of buy-in opportunity in a post-crash environment. No fkn need to rush whatsoever.

b) Bitcoin may not have finished crashing.

If you are a newb, WAIT until some price stability has set in and/or the trend has show clear signs of reversal. Also, you may or may not be aware of the China thing. There is a deadline on   CNY withdrawals from Chinese BTC exchanges set for 31st Jan 2014. This means that still around 40% of all Bitcoin exchange transactions are yet to be priced out the market! And the Bitcoin Nutters are yelling 1K again before the end of the week!?

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
KeyserSozeMC

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

I'm dying.

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2013, 03:23:02 PM

I always buy at friday night, saturday morning.
Lots of people dumping then : )

Hey, smexy. Don't waste your time. Time's precious.
jamesc760

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 06:33:27 PM

SWBS

Sell Wednesday Buy Saturday
undeadbitcoiner

Activity: 896
Merit: 272

Undeadbitcoiner Will not DIE until 1BTC=50K

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2013, 06:40:34 PM

Bitcoin came all the way down to 480$ from 1300$ and waking up again, Now market is stabling its price from 500$ and to 600$+ so now dont even Wish that price will be down then 600$ so anyone who want to buy this is the rite time (My Personal Openion and according to Few Eco Journalists) By jan Bitcoin will hit its all time high price of 1300$ and by June or July Bitcoin will be rocketing to 2000$+, Dont forget that when overstock.com will start accepting BTC minimum BTC price will be 2000$+.

undeadbitcoiner

Activity: 896
Merit: 272

Undeadbitcoiner Will not DIE until 1BTC=50K

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2013, 06:43:06 PM

This is just about the worst place on the whole internet that you could possibly ask this question.

a) There is generally a large window of buy-in opportunity in a post-crash environment. No fkn need to rush whatsoever.

If you are a newb, WAIT until some price stability has set in and/or the trend has show clear signs of reversal. Also, you may or may not be aware of the China thing. There is a deadline on   CNY withdrawals from Chinese BTC exchanges set for 31st Jan 2014. This means that still around 40% of all Bitcoin exchange transactions are yet to be priced out the market! And the Bitcoin Nutters are yelling 1K again before the end of the week!?

+1

GigaCoin

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

Giga

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 06:52:15 PM

you missed the big dip, but still btc is at an almost 50% discount from all time high.

adnanabbas (OP)

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 07:00:49 PM

Thanks for all your replies guys. So I should perhaps wait till end of Jan?
Dalmar

Activity: 1092
Merit: 500

Life is short, practice empathy in your life

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 07:13:52 PM

Thanks for all your replies guys. So I should perhaps wait till end of Jan?

It's up to you.. but keep in mind that the Chinese Central Bank is going to put in some heavy duty restrictions starting from the Chinese New Year (31 January 2014). Price might crash again around this period, or even a bit earlier in anticipation for it.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄
▄▄██████████████████████▄
 █████████████▀█████████████▄
▄█████████████▀ ▄█▀ ███████████
▄██████████      ▀▀  ████████████
▄█████████████   ▄▄▄   ▀▀██████████
█████████████▀   ████▄   ▀█████████▄
█████████████    ▀▀█▀▀   ▄██████████
████████████▀   ▄▄      ████████████
████████████   ▄████▄    ███████████
█████████      ██████    ██████████
█████████▄▄            ▄██████████
▀██████████  ██  ▄▄▄▄████████████
▀█████████▄▄█▄ ███████████████▀
▀██████████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

B i t c o i n t a l k   ▄▄▄▄▄

DONATION CAMPAIGN

▄
                                   ▄██
               ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄           ▄███
             ▄█████████▄        ████
▄▄▄         ▄████████████     ▄████▀
 ▀██▄▄      █████████████   ▄█████▀
  ▀█████▄   █████████████  ▄██████
    ▀█████▄  ███████████▀▄███████
     ▀██████▄▄▀▀██████▀ ████████▀
       ████████▄      ▄████████▀
        █████████▄  ▄██████████
         █████████████████████
          ████████████████████
          ███████████████████
          ███████████████████
          ██████████████▀▀▀
          ███████▀▀▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀

BE A HOPE
FOR A LIVABLE WORLD
▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄▄█████████████████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀██████████
███████████▀       ▀█▀       ▀█████████
███████████▀                    █████████
███████████                     █████████
█████████████                   ███████████
██████████████▄               ▄████████████
████████████████▄▄▄         ▄█▀▀   ████████
███████████▀▀     ▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄██     ▄████████
██████▀█▄                ▀▀▀█▄ ▄█████████
██████▄ █▄          ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄███████████
██████▄ ▀█                ▄████████████
██████▄  ██████▄▄▄    ▄██████████████
▀██████▄██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████████████▀▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀

ONE

little

HELP CHANGES
EVERYTHING

..DONATE..
piramida
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010

Borsche

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 07:36:52 PM

divide your cash in four piles. buy with one now, so you don't miss a rally if it starts. wait several days to weeks for a better opportunity, buy with another then. repeat. don't just rush all in unless you are pretty self-confident and can hold for a year. You don't look very confident, so better average out.

i am satoshi
YoYa

Activity: 809
Merit: 501

Always verify deals with me through my public key!

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2013, 07:46:39 PM

RSI and StochRSI can help choose entry, they ain't magic, so it can go wrong....but it's a help in making your overall decision.
chesthing
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 07:48:33 PM

Bitcoin came all the way down to 480$ from 1300$ and waking up again, Now market is stabling its price from 500$ and to 600$+ so now dont even Wish that price will be down then 600$ so anyone who want to buy this is the rite time (My Personal Openion and according to Few Eco Journalists) By jan Bitcoin will hit its all time high price of 1300$ and by June or July Bitcoin will be rocketing to 2000$+, Dont forget that when overstock.com will start accepting BTC minimum BTC price will be 2000$+.

and then

+1

Huh?
adnanabbas (OP)

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 07:53:38 PM

divide your cash in four piles. buy with one now, so you don't miss a rally if it starts. wait several days to weeks for a better opportunity, buy with another then. repeat. don't just rush all in unless you are pretty self-confident and can hold for a year. You don't look very confident, so better average out.

Yes this is true, i am not confident at all. its just that we are expecting a baby sometime in july & it would be awesome to have some spare cash  Smiley
Wilhelm
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1265

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 11:46:12 PM

See it as a gamble. If you have 10k savings then you can put in 1k as a lucky shot and hope for the best.
When to buy is a hard question but it actually doesn't matter since you are still considered to be an early adopter and it is money you can afford to lose.
Now would be an ok time to buy since the price has been stable for a few days/weeks. This support level will probably be the base for any fallbacks in the future and we just survived a massive sellout from China.
Truth is nobody knows if bitcoin will succeed or fail so nobody can give you good advice, it's a whole new product.

If you go long let's say hodling for three years you might see a 100x gain or you were part of the new-age tulip craze and end up with zero and a fun memory Smiley

Whatever you do don't put in money you need. If you do you will be panicselling in no time instead of hodling  Wink

Bitcoin is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get !!
adnanabbas (OP)

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 12:59:48 AM

See it as a gamble. If you have 10k savings then you can put in 1k as a lucky shot and hope for the best.
When to buy is a hard question but it actually doesn't matter since you are still considered to be an early adopter and it is money you can afford to lose.
Now would be an ok time to buy since the price has been stable for a few days/weeks. This support level will probably be the base for any fallbacks in the future and we just survived a massive sellout from China.
Truth is nobody knows if bitcoin will succeed or fail so nobody can give you good advice, it's a whole new product.

If you go long let's say hodling for three years you might see a 100x gain or you were part of the new-age tulip craze and end up with zero and a fun memory Smiley

Whatever you do don't put in money you need. If you do you will be panicselling in no time instead of hodling  Wink

Thank you for your advice. Id say i can safely loose about 2k, without loosing too much sleep. Im only a small timer working a very average job
flm

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 01:22:30 AM

I own a few already, but will be buying as soon as/if they hit near £400 UK.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: