Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 01:45:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Butterfly 50 GH Miner, no point ?  (Read 2969 times)
spooderman
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2013, 10:55:40 PM

Once upon a time my 6.5 gh/s did something! Now I get 200k satoshis a day. Haha.

Society doesn't scale.
empoweoqwj

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 01:40:01 AM

Waited for ever to get my bfl got it about 1 month ago, a lowly jala. It has been mining at 8 gh and I could sell it on on ebay for more than I paid for it and have a positive roi right now. If I were smart I would have sold it when it arrived to some sucker for $750 on ebay and made double my money back, but I like mining. That said hell would have to freeze over before I made an other purchase with bfl.

"Positive ROI right now" - please explain more. You got your money back already? Wink

if you payed something $250 and sell it next day for $750  that is what called "Positive ROI right now" and hell of a earning!!!!
you don't need to be genius to calculate that with 8GH power he didn't ROI in one month back! he is far away from that!

Exactly, I have been doing well by purchasing overpriced hardware mining for a bit with it and selling it on ebay for what I payed fro it or more, keeping the btc that was mined as well. I will admit some of it is timing and the other part is luck. The whole thing has been fun so far.

OK, so you are basically a hardware reseller not miner. Fine. Those "ebay idiots" will run out soon, hope you aren't left holding any underpowered mining hardware when that happens Wink
lightfoot
Legendary

Activity: 3122
Merit: 2242

I fix broken miners. And make holes in teeth :-)

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 02:13:02 AM

OK, so you are basically a hardware reseller not miner. Fine. Those "ebay idiots" will run out soon, hope you aren't left holding any underpowered mining hardware when that happens Wink
No. They won't. There is absolutely no end to human stupidity on Ebay, when someone will pay $200.

That's TWO HUNDRED DOLALRS

For a blown jalapeno.

Yes, they can be fixed. But swapping out the FTDI chip is *HARD*.

Morons. There is a universe of morons on Ebay.

C
xstr8guy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 02:42:47 AM

DO not pay more than $10 to $15 a GH

Less if possible.

That eliminates all BFL devices.

Get an Antminer 180GH they are BTC3.15 right now

$12 a GH

Why buy a $35 a GH miner like BFL?

AntMiner is currently the best buy for GH/$ and quick delivery.  Check out Group Buy #5... shipping January 4th.
empoweoqwj

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 03:46:25 AM

No. They won't. There is absolutely no end to human stupidity on Ebay, when someone will pay $200.

That's TWO HUNDRED DOLALRS

For a blown jalapeno.

Yes, they can be fixed. But swapping out the FTDI chip is *HARD*.

Morons. There is a universe of morons on Ebay.

C

A "universe of morons on Ebay" - that's my phrase of the day. Very true though.
cozk

Activity: 812

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 03:59:28 AM

Antminer this antminer that.

Can someone post a fucking link where to buy that antminer ?

Preferably no group buy or other BS just plain old add to cart and ship to my place.
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 04:01:06 AM

Preferably no group buy or other BS just plain old add to cart and ship to my place.

Only place to get the ants is sushi's groupbuys: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=383486.0.

Buy & Hold
cozk

Activity: 812

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 04:11:14 AM

Only place to get the ants is sushi's groupbuys: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=383486.0.

Thanks !
2tights

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

I like big BITS and I cannot lie.

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2013, 06:11:20 PM

If you're looking for an immediately positive ROI in USD, then BTC mining is probably not going to make you very happy. Lots of us have crunched the numbers, and this is where the highly speculative nature of bitcoin mining comes in. By using current metrics, you will find most hardware to me a losing bet. Except for the KNC, as they have had great success with providing profitable machines for their customers. If you visit forum.kncminer.com you will find a thread of people willing to share their experiences, and quite a few are doing very well. But, people conduct their business differently and small decisions make a big impact down the line... so not everyone is profitable for various reasons.

KNC is the only mining product worth buying imho.

For myself, I've got a first batch Neptune on order because I am making the bet that the BTC I mine will explode in value over the next few years. I do NOT plan to sell all my BTC immediately to recover my investment, as the 13,000 USD it cost me was gambling money. So, I'm gambling with it! The real gamble comes in the waiting game. Nobody knows what the future holds for bitcoin. I am optimistic, and believe its value will eventually cap out in the hundreds of thousands of USD, or even as high as a million. The time it will take for that to happen is unknown, and many individuals will sell their bitcoin for peanuts to recover their investments so they can brag on message boards how they "reached positive ROI." These profits are trivial. I have no desire to make 5 grand, thats not a worthwhile return for me. I find the involvement in and survival of the bitcoin ecosystem to be the most valuable payout in the long run, and in the mean time if I am able to create a retirement for myself or wealth for my family that's icing on the cake.

What everyone involved in this game should understand is how much what we are doing now will affect the future of our civilization. If you change the way in which you qualify success to be beyond cashing a specific % ROI, and instead look at it in terms of what society will look like in 50 years then perhaps people will make better decisions and will help propel us forward toward a world of truly equal opportunity and a more even distribution of wealth.

Reassess how you will determine success. It should not be in USD. It should be in BTC.
fixxi.net (OP)

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 09:26:48 PM

If you're looking for an immediately positive ROI in USD, then BTC mining is probably not going to make you very happy. Lots of us have crunched the numbers, and this is where the highly speculative nature of bitcoin mining comes in. By using current metrics, you will find most hardware to me a losing bet. Except for the KNC, as they have had great success with providing profitable machines for their customers. If you visit forum.kncminer.com you will find a thread of people willing to share their experiences, and quite a few are doing very well. But, people conduct their business differently and small decisions make a big impact down the line... so not everyone is profitable for various reasons.

For myself, I've got a first batch Neptune on order because I am making the bet that the BTC I mine will explode in value over the next few years. I do NOT plan to sell all my BTC immediately to recover my investment, as the 13,000 USD it cost me was gambling money. So, I'm gambling with it! The real gamble comes in the waiting game. Nobody knows what the future holds for bitcoin. I am optimistic, and believe its value will eventually cap out in the hundreds of thousands of USD, or even as high as a million. The time it will take for that to happen is unknown, and many individuals will sell their bitcoin for peanuts to recover their investments so they can brag on message boards how they "reached positive ROI." These profits are trivial. I have no desire to make 5 grand, thats not a worthwhile return for me. I find the involvement in and survival of the bitcoin ecosystem to be the most valuable payout in the long run, and in the mean time if I am able to create a retirement for myself or wealth for my family that's icing on the cake.

What everyone involved in this game should understand is how much what we are doing now will affect the future of our civilization. If you change the way in which you qualify success to be beyond cashing a specific % ROI, and instead look at it in terms of what society will look like in 50 years then perhaps people will make better decisions and will help propel us forward toward a world of truly equal opportunity and a more even distribution of wealth.

Reassess how you will determine success. It should not be in USD. It should be in BTC.

OFFTOPIC.

That is a good speech and sorry for not reading it thoroughly but BTC is not the "fair" money creation that people need, it is only a profit system, which doesn't address any of the greed or other negative energy issues that are present in society. It is already centralizing, and due to its direct trade to USD ensures, control passes on to the bankers.

And it doesn't matter they just create BTC duplicates, as long as it is connected to USD, and as long as you have averagely informed people ( like what I was before i started learning bout BTC ) the slavery system just lives on BTC and the likes are nothing more but the small piece of chocolate, the public will get, to ease their transition to digital only slavery system.

I suggested the FIXXCOIN approach.

Look for video on youtube on that ( if you can be bothered Smiley )
empoweoqwj

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 02:12:44 AM

OFFTOPIC.

That is a good speech and sorry for not reading it thoroughly but BTC is not the "fair" money creation that people need, it is only a profit system, which doesn't address any of the greed or other negative energy issues that are present in society. It is already centralizing, and due to its direct trade to USD ensures, control passes on to the bankers.

And it doesn't matter they just create BTC duplicates, as long as it is connected to USD, and as long as you have averagely informed people ( like what I was before i started learning bout BTC ) the slavery system just lives on BTC and the likes are nothing more but the small piece of chocolate, the public will get, to ease their transition to digital only slavery system.

I suggested the FIXXCOIN approach.

Look for video on youtube on that ( if you can be bothered Smiley )

That's completely off-topic. Please start your own thread with this stuff.
eman5oh

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 02:30:31 AM

Waited for ever to get my bfl got it about 1 month ago, a lowly jala. It has been mining at 8 gh and I could sell it on on ebay for more than I paid for it and have a positive roi right now. If I were smart I would have sold it when it arrived to some sucker for $750 on ebay and made double my money back, but I like mining. That said hell would have to freeze over before I made an other purchase with bfl.

"Positive ROI right now" - please explain more. You got your money back already? Wink

if you payed something $250 and sell it next day for $750  that is what called "Positive ROI right now" and hell of a earning!!!!
you don't need to be genius to calculate that with 8GH power he didn't ROI in one month back! he is far away from that!

Exactly, I have been doing well by purchasing overpriced hardware mining for a bit with it and selling it on ebay for what I payed fro it or more, keeping the btc that was mined as well. I will admit some of it is timing and the other part is luck. The whole thing has been fun so far.

Well no, I do a little of both, very low volume though. I sale hardware about once a month. I have been able to sell most all of it for more or equal to what it cost me, keeping the btc they mined. I have had some luck with timing selling at near highs and buying on the lows. To me it is a bit of a game and I realize that I can end up holding the bag as they say. Truth be told I probable would have made more money just buying and selling btc and not mining a bit of it, but what would be the fun on that.
empoweoqwj

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 03:02:57 AM

Well no, I do a little of both, very low volume though. I sale hardware about once a month. I have been able to sell most all of it for more or equal to what it cost me, keeping the btc they mined. I have had some luck with timing selling at near highs and buying on the lows. To me it is a bit of a game and I realize that I can end up holding the bag as they say. Truth be told I probable would have made more money just buying and selling btc and not mining a bit of it, but what would be the fun on that.

Yeah, like you say, you risk "holding the bag" - your profits need to justify that risk. In the end, personally speaking, I am more interested in building up a nice BTC collection, but that's just me Wink
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: