Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 07:59:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What are the next events to watch that could potentially bring BTC below $500?  (Read 5561 times)
bitbrasil (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 12:05:29 AM

What are the next events to watch that could potentially bring BTC below $500?

Let's make some predictions!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bono

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 12:18:04 AM

Let's make some predictions!

Well, let's see...

- Adolf Hitler resurrects and publicly endorses Bitcoin.

- Satoshi reveals that he intends to double the amount of BTC in circulation.

- Some really, really gullible whale reads one of the trollposts here and triggers a massive sell-off.

In case you couldn't tell, I'm pretty optimistic about BTC's immediate AND long-term future. With no really impactful negative news on the horizon, I expect modest gains until some cool shit starts happening in early-mid 2014.
Miles

Activity: 15

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 01:39:12 AM

Agree with Bono, too many cortices on bitcoin, which will produce new apps and services nobody thought of. Cool and interesting stuff.

Remember that guy who outsourced his job, and his bosses found out and sacked him. I'm thinking he was just ahead of his time. It would be something I'd consider (currently I work behind a computer all day) if it could be done on the fly and anonymously, only bitcoin could pull that off.
giantdragon
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 02:22:24 AM

Critical bug in Bitcoin client or SHA-256 weakness can bring BTC/USD rate to zero.
empoweoqwj

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 02:40:34 AM

Time?  Wink
ak84

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 06:29:20 AM

Weakness in SHA_256 found

Regulation of cryptocurrencies by government.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Edutainment.Tech ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Double ICO: Games for smart and games for business
SmartGames    ◼ CorpEdu
Honeypot

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 06:56:14 AM

My prediction: False-flag "terrorism" in the US or Europe that is blamed on domestic or Middle-eastern "terrorists" funded with Bitcoin, but actually paid for by the banksters and carried out covertly by the CIA/FBI/NSA/Mossad using patsies. This false-flag event could be an assassination, a "dirty bomb" explosion, or a cyber-attack on internet/financial infrastructure or the power grid. The mainstream media has been laying the groundwork to pin such events on Israel's antagonists in the Middle East for the past several years. One of Israel's antagonists will be blamed, giving Israel and the US a pretext for endless war in Iran/Syria/North Africa. The false-flag terror will also provide the US Govt with a rationale to clamp down on constitutional freedoms, justify continuing NSA total surveillance, and beginning a new war on crypto-currencies.

When a non-expert starts spouting off pseudo intellectual non-sense gleamed from some books and articles, that does FAR more damage to the cause of fighting against actual government conspiracies than any government action could ever hope to do.

This isn't a game. Stop making a scapegoat of the 'guberment' for everything. People who indulge in that type of shit typically have a very selective view of what should be attributed to whom, especially in regards to their own personal obligations.
Dalmar

Activity: 1092

Life is short, practice empathy in your life

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 07:53:29 AM

My prediction: False-flag "terrorism" in the US or Europe that is blamed on domestic or Middle-eastern "terrorists" funded with Bitcoin, but actually paid for by the banksters and carried out covertly by the CIA/FBI/NSA/Mossad using patsies. This false-flag event could be an assassination, a "dirty bomb" explosion, or a cyber-attack on internet/financial infrastructure or the power grid. The mainstream media has been laying the groundwork to pin such events on Israel's antagonists in the Middle East for the past several years. One of Israel's antagonists will be blamed, giving Israel and the US a pretext for endless war in Iran/Syria/North Africa. The false-flag terror will also provide the US Govt with a rationale to clamp down on constitutional freedoms, justify continuing NSA total surveillance, and beginning a new war on crypto-currencies.

I think it's way more likely that the NSA is behind bitcoin rather than it starting a witch hunt against it.

Also, we don't need to come up with ludicrous ideas for a sub-500 price. Another China sell-off caused by policy changes and were are easily there again.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄
▄▄██████████████████████▄
 █████████████▀█████████████▄
▄█████████████▀ ▄█▀ ███████████
▄██████████      ▀▀  ████████████
▄█████████████   ▄▄▄   ▀▀██████████
█████████████▀   ████▄   ▀█████████▄
█████████████    ▀▀█▀▀   ▄██████████
████████████▀   ▄▄      ████████████
████████████   ▄████▄    ███████████
█████████      ██████    ██████████
█████████▄▄            ▄██████████
▀██████████  ██  ▄▄▄▄████████████
▀█████████▄▄█▄ ███████████████▀
▀██████████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

B i t c o i n t a l k   ▄▄▄▄▄

DONATION CAMPAIGN

▄
                                   ▄██
               ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄           ▄███
             ▄█████████▄        ████
▄▄▄         ▄████████████     ▄████▀
 ▀██▄▄      █████████████   ▄█████▀
  ▀█████▄   █████████████  ▄██████
    ▀█████▄  ███████████▀▄███████
     ▀██████▄▄▀▀██████▀ ████████▀
       ████████▄      ▄████████▀
        █████████▄  ▄██████████
         █████████████████████
          ████████████████████
          ███████████████████
          ███████████████████
          ██████████████▀▀▀
          ███████▀▀▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀

BE A HOPE
FOR A LIVABLE WORLD
▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄▄█████████████████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀██████████
███████████▀       ▀█▀       ▀█████████
███████████▀                    █████████
███████████                     █████████
█████████████                   ███████████
██████████████▄               ▄████████████
████████████████▄▄▄         ▄█▀▀   ████████
███████████▀▀     ▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄██     ▄████████
██████▀█▄                ▀▀▀█▄ ▄█████████
██████▄ █▄          ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄███████████
██████▄ ▀█                ▄████████████
██████▄  ██████▄▄▄    ▄██████████████
▀██████▄██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████████████▀▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀

ONE

little

HELP CHANGES
EVERYTHING

..DONATE..
Abdussamad
Legendary

Activity: 3612
Merit: 1564

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 11:08:32 AM

I think it's way more likely that the NSA is behind bitcoin rather than it starting a witch hunt against it.

Also, we don't need to come up with ludicrous ideas for a sub-500 price. Another China sell-off caused by policy changes and were are easily there again.

Yeah or a US sell off caused by yet another FinCen "guidance"
empoweoqwj

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 11:45:13 AM

Yeah or a US sell off caused by yet another FinCen "guidance"

Yep that's possible. But I see a lot more possible "upside" stories. Bitcoin will take off whether or not the States plays ball, big player as it undoubtedly is.
Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 02:28:02 PM

When a non-expert starts spouting off pseudo intellectual non-sense gleamed from some books and articles, that does FAR more damage to the cause of fighting against actual government conspiracies than any government action could ever hope to do.

This isn't a game. Stop making a scapegoat of the 'guberment' for everything. People who indulge in that type of shit typically have a very selective view of what should be attributed to whom, especially in regards to their own personal obligations.
'cept the dude is right. The western governments, and especially the US government, really are that cartoonishly villainous at this point. And we need a pretext for invading Iran/Syria, at least one that won't provoke China and Russia into retaliating and triggering WWIII.

And what's an expert anyway nowadays? It's someone who has been indoctrinated, bought off, or has an agenda in almost every case. I have found it far more informative in the past few years to listen to the common internet man while comparing it to the available objective data than to listen to any mainstream experts.

Look inside yourself, and you will see that you are the bubble.
superresistant
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1120

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 02:43:03 PM

Does it really matter ?
If you are interested in the mid/long term value of Bitcoin, it can only go up mathematically speaking.
Honeypot

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 02:57:24 PM

'cept the dude is right. The western governments, and especially the US government, really are that cartoonishly villainous at this point. And we need a pretext for invading Iran/Syria, at least one that won't provoke China and Russia into retaliating and triggering WWIII.

And what's an expert anyway nowadays? It's someone who has been indoctrinated, bought off, or has an agenda in almost every case. I have found it far more informative in the past few years to listen to the common internet man while comparing it to the available objective data than to listen to any mainstream experts.

Let me get this straight: Some fool spouting off about how the other side is all just indoctrinated, bought off, or has an agenda is trying to tell others how he is more 'informed' than others? Why, is playing the contrarian 'revolutionary' the only rationale you need to justify whatever you feel like mouthing off?

Are you sure you are not being cartoonishly naive?

Also, if you want to see 'cartoonish villainy', I suggest actually trying to live under a real tyranny and dictatorship. To come to understand what it means to fear informers and your own family because of 'public security' informers. To truly understand what it means to feel a fear of real torture, not the kind of 'torture' that involves the EBIL government employee trying to get a permission to 'bellyslap' a prisoner.

Wait, are those kinds of villains too much for you to actually take on? Because they couldn't care less what anyone thinks about their 'human rights' and 'civil liberties'?

So instead of real villains, you cowards point fingers and bitch at 1st world governments, laws, and societies whose character you don't even fully understand, never mind fully appreciate. I laugh at each and every one of fools who think Iraq and Afghanistan wars are 'atrocities'. More people died from auto accidents in quarter of the globe in a year, than all the supposed 'indirect civilian' casualties who were too busy killing each other in a festival of sectarian violence and usual warlord behaviors.

Listening to you anti-government fools is really no different than listening to OWS kids.

Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 03:06:50 PM

Let me get this straight: Some fool spouting off about how the other side is all just indoctrinated, bought off, or has an agenda is trying to tell others how he is more 'informed' than others? Why, is playing the contrarian 'revolutionary' the only rationale you need to justify whatever you feel like mouthing off?

Are you sure you are not being cartoonishly naive?

Also, if you want to see 'cartoonish villainy', I suggest actually trying to live under a real tyranny and dictatorship. To come to understand what it means to fear informers and your own family because of 'public security' informers. To truly understand what it means to feel a fear of real torture, not the kind of 'torture' that involves the EBIL government employee trying to get a permission to 'bellyslap' a prisoner.

Wait, are those kinds of villains too much for you to actually take on? Because they couldn't care less what anyone thinks about their 'human rights' and 'civil liberties'?

So instead of real villains, you cowards point fingers and bitch at 1st world governments, laws, and societies whose character you don't even fully understand, never mind fully appreciate. I laugh at each and every one of fools who think Iraq and Afghanistan wars are 'atrocities'. More people died from auto accidents in quarter of the globe in a year, than all the supposed 'indirect civilian' casualties who were too busy killing each other in a festival of sectarian violence and usual warlord behaviors.

Listening to you anti-government fools is really no different than listening to OWS kids.

Prove that he is a fool. Or try again without getting personal. Didn't read your post beyond the first couple words.

Look inside yourself, and you will see that you are the bubble.
empoweoqwj

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 05:19:24 PM

Does it really matter ?
If you are interested in the mid/long term value of Bitcoin, it can only go up mathematically speaking.

Really? Maths is based on proofs. What proof can you offer to guarantee that the price of bitcoin can only go up mid/long term? Never heard of risk?
superresistant
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1120

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 09:04:50 AM

Does it really matter ?
Really? Maths is based on proofs. What proof can you offer to guarantee that the price of bitcoin can only go up mid/long term? Never heard of risk?

Yes, we know that the price of Bitcoin is very volatile on short/mid term. We've seen it with the China's bubble, I am not denying it.
We also know that nothing will ever stop the greed of the Central Bank and the financial institution so the value of FIAT money will always go down. As time goes on you need more FIAT money to buy the same amount of Bitcoin. Moreover the awareness of Bitcoin increase which increase demand.
So mathematically the price of Bitcoin is going up to infinite on the long term.
samysamy1

Activity: 490
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 12:15:51 AM
Last edit: December 28, 2013, 12:30:54 AM by samysamy1

The posters above are right, the illuminati does exist. Angry

A mere guess:

Number 1 -- The well known false flag attacks, staged by governments and blamed on Muslims and Islam. Sharpening of anti-terrorism legislation, blaming funding from cryptocurrencies and therefore for the safety of all nations they convince people to let it be controlled or they convince people to leave it and use a new cryptocurrency protected by the governments  Tongue

Number 2 -- The government will be taxing people (when cashing out to a bank account) or fining businesses (declaring it illegal) for using Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies  Roll Eyes
empoweoqwj

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 02:41:45 AM

Does it really matter ?

So mathematically the price of Bitcoin is going up to infinite on the long term.

Stop using that word "mathematically" when its not appropriate. Its your opinion that "bitcoin is going up to infinite" (I won't even go into your use of "infinite"), but its not based on maths. Mathematicians write proofs using funny squiggly symbols you know Wink
black_swan

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 02:48:49 AM

Now that china is out for a while and fincen is "happy" maybe the EU could spit on bitcoin a little bit
And don't forget satoshi can come back, disgusted by the greedy trend which bitcoin has taken, and sell off all his coins and bring the price down
nodroids

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 02:46:24 PM

My concern is India making more arrests based on the 'evidence' they gathered of those "400 traders making 10000 transactions". That was a clear threat put out through the Indian media. If India needs to ratchet up to defend their capital controls, then look for this. People going to jail just for trading BTC is bearish imo. But also oddly bullish, in that it will prove the central banks are that concerned about their system being so shit that they need to persecute a new technology that is clearly superior.

Great ideas in here though. Even though it's a bit crank pot I don't doubt a false flag event being blamed on bitcoin too too much given the current refrain from the mass media of it being the "currency for crime". So even that idea for below $500 wasn't bad.

Great stuff from the community here on Bitcointalk.org. Thanks so much.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: