Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 06:29:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [GROUP BUY] Alpha-T Scrypt Miners 25 MH/s  (Read 22619 times)
Damnsammit

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 10:52:02 PM

Eeek... feel sorry for anyone participating in this... clearly a scam.

Good luck dealing with all the angry people, OP! 

Undecided

Just don't get this place sometimes. I wish I had that kind of money to burn.

No kidding... and I am sure someone is reading this and coming up with another scam that will be succesful on here...

People are so blinded by potential profits that they can't understand why it is clearly a scam.

25MH/s would generate over $200/day right now, and people think that a company would sell them for $2500?  Great business model... sell ASICs that ROI in 15 days instead of plugging them into a wall.   Roll Eyes
MrMirkin

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 10:53:09 PM

I am also interested, but is it just a "send BTC and trust me" thing?  Are you planning to set this up in a legal contract? How are you going to handle disputes? What if they dont deliver? What if it takes them 2 years to finally get it working correctly?

With the history of cryptos and ASIC production, this is a really risky gamble.  I may join up once I hear more, but atm its just too much to loose Sad
Damnsammit

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 10:55:24 PM

Jesus Christ this forum is full of suckers... time to make an alt-account and set up a Group Buy for a 10 GH/s Scrypt ASIC (pre-order for only $4995!!!).   Roll Eyes
IamRichard (OP)

Activity: 567
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 11:17:34 PM

I am also interested, but is it just a "send BTC and trust me" thing?  Are you planning to set this up in a legal contract? How are you going to handle disputes? What if they dont deliver? What if it takes them 2 years to finally get it working correctly?

With the history of cryptos and ASIC production, this is a really risky gamble.  I may join up once I hear more, but atm its just too much to loose Sad

A legal contract will be in place. As for disputes, I make the ultimate decision as I will own 50% of each rig.
Yes "trust me" thing is in place. But you can visit the facility and meet me (southern cali) if you wish.

As for delivery of Alpha-T, it is out of my control. Refunds can be voted on an approved in which the refund will correlate with the amount Alpha-T refunds.

As with any new ASIC, there is risk involved. Hence caution, as you are trusting a brand new company.
IamRichard (OP)

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 11:19:01 PM

Undecided

No kidding... and I am sure someone is reading this and coming up with another scam that will be succesful on here...

People are so blinded by potential profits that they can't understand why it is clearly a scam.

25MH/s would generate over $200/day right now, and people think that a company would sell them for $2500?  Great business model... sell ASICs that ROI in 15 days instead of plugging them into a wall.   Roll Eyes

Can you troll in another thread. You can't even get your numbers right and look like a complete downer.  Huh

Go troll the alpha-t thread.
IamRichard (OP)

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 11:22:24 PM

Can we buy in when they give us real proofs ?

I'll be in, can you pm me for more details ?

The only details I have of the ASICs is the same as you... on the alpha-t website.

I am doing a group buy for the units during this phase - The pre order phase.
You can buy in as long as I and alpha-t are both running the pre-orders. If they sell out then I will no longer offer group buys for the pre-orders obviously.
Bigeyeone

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 11:26:49 PM

Undecided

+1

PMC: 19dNRVPcjsESqo8isdauc1gQ6PbUrAZor9
Oldminer
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 11:30:47 PM

Here's where your buying from

https://maps.google.fr/maps?ll=53.452256%2C-2.219968&cbp=%2C164.53%2C%2C1%2C10.839996&layer=c&panoid=LMPfryFnak8qKHBjQp7P_g&spn=0.18000000000000788%2C0.2999999999999996&output=classic&cbll=53.452256%2C-2.219968

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
Tip me BTC: 1FBmoYijXVizfYk25CpiN8Eds9J6YiRDaX
albertdros

Activity: 602

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 11:32:28 PM

Undecided

ur missing something here. that 2500 usd you are talking about is the downpayment. The total is 6000 pounds which i guessing is around 9000 usd. Still, I would not buy things like this, EVEN if its real, you would get it in q2/q3 2014, WHO KNOWS what has happened when we get there. Also, yea, have not seen anything to prove these things are real. Not even a crappy youtube vid.
FreePls

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 11:33:30 PM

looks pretty legit for a noodlesoup store

BotwinBG

Activity: 588

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 11:35:26 PM

Anyone in Manchester willing to pay a visit with a camera?

AMEPAY
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
│▌
AMEPAY IEO
▄██████▄ ▀██████▄
█████████  ▀█████
███████▀     ▀███
██████▀  ▄█▄  ▀██
██████▄  ▀█▀  ▄██
███████▄     ▄███
█████████  ▄█████
▀██████▀ ▄██████▀
AMEPAY LISTING
   ▐███▄
   ████▌
▐██████████▄
████████████
 ████▌  █████
▐████  ▄████
██████████▀
 ▀█████▀▀
▐│
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
IamRichard (OP)

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 11:50:56 PM

I am also interested in this.
Blueman666

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 11:57:18 PM

The company is saying delivery in Q2/Q3 next year so likely to be at least 6 months until delivery. Could even turn into another BFL disaster.
Gamer67

Activity: 294

тσ ¢σιи σя иσт тσ ¢σιи?

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 12:08:08 AM

A legal contract will be in place. As for disputes, I make the ultimate decision as I will own 50% of each rig.
Yes "trust me" thing is in place. But you can visit the facility and meet me (southern cali) if you wish.

As for delivery of Alpha-T, it is out of my control. Refunds can be voted on an approved in which the refund will correlate with the amount Alpha-T refunds.

As with any new ASIC, there is risk involved. Hence caution, as you are trusting a brand new company.

Just curious but does 50% equal a controlling stake. Shouldn't it be 51% or higher ?

"I am not Dorian Nakamoto."
klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 12:15:15 AM

so remind me why you are doing a groupbuy? just preorder a system for yourself. mining hosting is only a headache for everyone involved (particularly the participants who are at the mercy of the hoster's decisions/fees and who receive zero compensation for the physical hardware value when the hoster decides the rig has outlived profitability)

my 2c: buy your own hardware and save hassle. and dont pre-order stuff thats months away

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
Damnsammit

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 02:16:11 AM

I have a new technology that will hash Scrypt at 100 MH/s using only 75W of power.

Send me 0.5 BTC and I will tell you more! Cheesy
scootscoot

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 02:19:38 AM

Just so everyone knows AMD's GDDR 6 GPU's are scheduled to be out in Q3/4 2014 which will render these ASICs useless. GDDR6 has twice the bandwidth of GDDR5 and not to mention the shader increases in the cards. We will be seeing $500 cards @ 2mh/s each or even more.. at that time. I believe Alpha T's scrypt ASIC is real, but it will be no contest for the GPU's that get released in 2014
zakorus

Activity: 736

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 02:33:55 AM

obvious scam is obviouuuuuuus!

▄▀▀▀▄
                  █▀▀▀
                   ▀▀▀ ▀▄▄▀▀▀▄
                         █▀▀▀
                        ▄▀▀▀▀
                      ▄▀
                ▄█▀▀▀█▄
                ██████
                ▀█▄▄▄█▀

█████      █████▌ ▄▄▄ ▐█████  █████████
  ███       ███  ▐███▌  ███     ███  ▀▀
  ███       ▐██▌ █████ ▐██▌     █████
  ███  ▄▄▄   ███▐██ ██▌███      ███▀▀
▄▄███▄▄███   ▐████▌ ▐████▌    ▄▄███
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

▄         ▄▄████▄▄▄
███▄     ▐████████▀
 ██████▄▄█████████
▀████████████████▌
  ███████████████
  ▀████████████▀
   ▄▄████████▀
 ▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀

▄▄▄
        ▄▄▄█████
  ▄▄▄████▀▀▄███
▀▀████▀ ▄██████
    █ ▄███████
     ███▀█████
           ▀█▌

▄▄▄████▄▄
   ▄████████████▄
 ▄████▀▀██  ▀▀████
 ████▀   ▄▄ ▐█████▌
 ██████▌ ██▀  ▐████
  ████▌   ▄▄ ▐████▌
   ▀█████▄███████▀
     ▀██████▀▀▀

▄▄▄ ▄▄▄
          █  ████
      ▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄ ▀
▄█████████████████▄
▀████▌  ███  ██████
  ███████████████▌
   ▀███▄▄▄▄▄████
    ▀▀███████▀▀
[/center
CryptoGuy

Activity: 524

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 02:46:23 AM

Just curious but does 50% equal a controlling stake. Shouldn't it be 51% or higher ?

Between two people, yes. However, this is between 5 people per machine so he has the majority.

<Insert favorite coin here>
IamRichard (OP)

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 09:09:05 PM

Just so everyone knows AMD's GDDR 6 GPU's are scheduled to be out in Q3/4 2014 which will render these ASICs useless. GDDR6 has twice the bandwidth of GDDR5 and not to mention the shader increases in the cards. We will be seeing $500 cards @ 2mh/s each or even more.. at that time. I believe Alpha T's scrypt ASIC is real, but it will be no contest for the GPU's that get released in 2014

I thought about this and lack of news will probably really push back development. We will see once CES arrives next month
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: