Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 09:19:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: SolidCoins - May prove useful vs i0c/ixc  (Read 2773 times)
eleuthria (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1007

View Profile
August 21, 2011, 07:50:39 PM

I think Solidcoin made one great change that makes it viable for a secondary market for BTC.  While I don't currently anticipate a new coin coming out that becomes a viable currency for online stores, I do think SolidCoin's difficulty retarget method makes it a tool for non-USD BTC exchange.

The 10% limit on growth while maintaining the 75% fall in difficulty on a 240 block/12 hour window means it is immune to what happened to I0C/IXC, where the flood of miners hit the currency and vanished when BTC became higher valued.

Whether or not the speculation secondary market can survive can't be predicted, but at least SC had the right idea when it came to difficulty readjustment period for a competing/alternate cryptocurrency.

RIP BTC Guild, April 2011 - June 2015
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
August 21, 2011, 08:45:31 PM

I think Solidcoin made one great change that makes it viable for a secondary market for BTC.  While I don't currently anticipate a new coin coming out that becomes a viable currency for online stores, I do think SolidCoin's difficulty retarget method makes it a tool for non-USD BTC exchange.

The 10% limit on growth while maintaining the 75% fall in difficulty on a 240 block/12 hour window means it is immune to what happened to I0C/IXC, where the flood of miners hit the currency and vanished when BTC became higher valued.

Whether or not the speculation secondary market can survive can't be predicted, but at least SC had the right idea when it came to difficulty readjustment period for a competing/alternate cryptocurrency.
So you gonna point a giant pool at it for testing purposes or no?

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

eleuthria (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1007

View Profile
August 21, 2011, 08:46:53 PM

I think Solidcoin made one great change that makes it viable for a secondary market for BTC.  While I don't currently anticipate a new coin coming out that becomes a viable currency for online stores, I do think SolidCoin's difficulty retarget method makes it a tool for non-USD BTC exchange.

So you gonna point a giant pool at it for testing purposes or no?

We already have the largest pool, though we're under 50% unlike i0c where we definitely passed 50% right out of the gate.  If we start solving 60 out of the previous 120 blocks I'll probably close registrations.  I like the idea of a currency which can maintain a steady trade rate with BTC outside of physical "real currency".

RIP BTC Guild, April 2011 - June 2015
Clipse

Activity: 504
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 21, 2011, 08:50:44 PM

I must admit after trying all the recent forks that solidcoin is definitely suprisingly flexible in design(alterations?)

Quite curious where this will lead. I was never convinced of ixcoins/i0coins lasting more than a week.

...In the land of the stale, the man with one share is king... >> Clipse

We pay miners at 130% PPS | Signup here : Bonus PPS Pool (Please read OP to understand the current process)
joulesbeef

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

moOo

View Profile
August 21, 2011, 11:31:17 PM

have to admit it was a smoother release.. with everyone not knowing.. I know many people hate that but it worked out well i think.

and they have a nicer website and precompiled clients for the release.. that was nice.

I can see this one taking over the other two currencies as the favored alternative bitcoin.. er gambling coin.. w/e it is.

mooo for rent
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: