Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 09:36:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: NullCoin - An alternative cryptocurrency.  (Read 3568 times)
BCEmporium
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 27, 2011, 02:03:56 PM

And how about VoidCoin?

But DON'T use abacus! That's unfair advantage for NullCoin, you should solve the blocks using your fingers only (no, not by sticking your fingers there, damn it! By using them to counting)  Grin

I second BombaUcigasa on SummerCoins, those coins would just be able to be used from June to September on North Hemisphere and December to March at Australia and New Zealand.

██████████████████            ██████████
████████████████              ██████████
██████████████          ▄█   ███████████
████████████         ▄████   ███████████
██████████        ▄███████  ████████████
████████        ▄█████████  ████████████
██████        ▄███████████  ████████████
████       ▄██████████████ █████████████
██      ▄███████████████████████████████
▀        ███████████████████████████████
▄          █████████████████████████████
██▄         ▀███████████████████████████
████▄        ▀██████████████████████████
██████▄        ▀████████████████████████
████████▄        ████████████████▀ █████
██████████▄       ▀█████████████  ██████
████████████▄       ██████████   ███████
██████████████▄      ▀██████    ████████
████████████████▄▄     ███     █████████
███████████████████▄    ▀     ██████████
█████████████████████▄       ███████████
███████████████████████▄   ▄████████████

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|
  TRUE BLOCKCHAIN GAMING PLATFORM 
DECENTRALISED AUTONOMOUS UNIVERSES

HOME PAGE                                                                  WHITE PAPER 
|
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Hydroponies

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 27, 2011, 02:43:30 PM

i want to suggest the MetaCoin:

Every time a new block is found, the finder gets a new cryptocurrency  Grin
ohforf

Activity: 327
Merit: 250

we are legion

View Profile
August 27, 2011, 02:49:55 PM

This is not the proper Forum for stupid Jokes.  Angry

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▀██████ EAT SLEEP DECENTRALIZE ██████▀
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1233

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
August 27, 2011, 02:54:18 PM

You're right, jokes have nothing to do in the solidcoin forum:
Code:
	[ANNOUNCE] SolidCoin - new and improved block chain. Secure from pools « 1 2 ... 21 22  All »
SolidCoin 1.02 Released « 1 2  All »
SolidCoin 1.01 Released « 1 2 3 4 5  All »
SCGuild - SolidCoin Fork of BTC Guild New « 1 2  All »
payco.in ===> list your SOLIDCOIN sites HERE
Solidcoin value UP ----> My Membership Prices Fall
SolidCoin assisting the drop in BTC value this week?
Solidcoin exchange app
SLC passes NMC
Mining SolidCoins is now 4 times more profitable than Bitcoins !!! New

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
sd (OP)

Activity: 730
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 27, 2011, 02:55:23 PM

Then tell the IXCoin, IOCoin, and SolidCoin people to take their stupid jokes elsewhere.

I'm happy to discuss alternative crypto-currencies but so far this forum has only been about taking BitCoin, making cosmetic changes, and posting something like 'I G0T IMPROZMENZ, WATZ TEH 3 M0NIEZZ'.

Where are the new peer discovery methods, the new ways to store transactions, the novel and interesting uses of encryption? Not in these SameCoins that's for sure.
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2011, 12:05:28 PM

i want to suggest the MetaCoin:

Every time a new block is found, the finder gets a new cryptocurrency  Grin
Now that's interesting, I especially like the name  Grin

edit: lets do this!

Various parameters of the new currency should be determined by the network or randomized, lets say the speed of majority of new currencies increases over time. Or should it decrease?
asher2

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 29, 2011, 05:49:37 AM

NinjaCoin is now supporting NullCoin. To start mining, simply do not point your miners at mine.ninjacoin.com. You can check your stats by not logging into your account.
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4494
Merit: 1808

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
August 29, 2011, 05:59:31 AM

[...]

My problem with these new currencies is that they don't bring anything new. They are schemes designed to extract wealth from the naive and nothing more. Invent something that isn't just a rip off of the same ideas and I'll consider using it. It is entirely possible that something will replace bitcoin but bitcoin is not going to be replaced with a clone of itself with only minor tweaks.

I never mentioned gambling at all so I'm not sure why you mention that, but I do consider it just a way to extract money from the stupid and/or addicted. That's not really related to me taking the piss out of all these alternative currencies though and is not limited to gambling with bitcoin.

They do bring insights into how the block works with different parameters for difficulty adjustment and also for block rewards and security.

They may all die but they give insights that none of us would be able to pass on without utilizing them as a test bed for what may become the next bitcoin currency (competitor to bitcoin).
The only one that so far has been any use for bitcoins is i0coins since it tested the wallet encryption that's possibly due out with the next release.

All the other issues simply showed that the people who set them up didn't know what they were doing.

There is nothing gained from someone changing code and the badly changed code failing ...

When you work on someone else's code, you make sure you understand it before you hack it ... so that the new version actually works.
That's pretty much how almost all open source projects work ... ... ...

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: