Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 06:34:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Theymos, where is your sense of pride ?  (Read 1669 times)
Xian01 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 03:21:18 PM

Why do you continue to enable characters like this to exist in, and defile your home while taking their money.

Have you no pride ?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=383536.0

Oh noes!  I'm the most hated guy in a sewer!  It's going to keep me awake at night!
Seriously... I've got to imagine it's the most desperate and/or pathetic that still somehow thinks Bitcointalk is the nexus of the bitcoin universe?  What an insular world you must live in heh...  When are you going to realize that Bitcointalk is irrelevant to the bitcoin world?  It could disappear today and it wouldn't make a hill of beans difference to anyone important.  The only people hanging around and taking this forum seriously are the trolls.

It's high time you took the high road, Theymos.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1233

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 04:27:52 PM

?

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 05:11:18 PM

Yes, because Theymos should be the all deciding judge of character. If you don't like Inaba, ignore him. If we started playing "vote to ban" there would be no one left here.
Xian01 (OP)
Legendary

Christian Antkow

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 05:48:41 PM

Yes, because Theymos should be the all deciding judge of character. If you don't like Inaba, ignore him. If we started playing "vote to ban" there would be no one left here.

If you started playing "vote to ban", you would be out a significant advertising revenue stream in this particular case, so I can completely see your point.
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 06:10:58 PM

Heres a quote taken from another conversation, I bolded the important part.

Orrrr he could have been banned for spamming. Also Theymos isn't the only one with the ban hammer. What if it was a global mod who banned him, or a regular mod who requested he be banned who has no access to those tainted ad dollars? For that matter, I'm confused why people keep bringing up the ad revenue as Theymos' "source of corruption". The forum's wallet is public, and you can see that those ad BTC aren't being spent, wouldn't he need to be benefiting from BFL's advertising payments in order for it to be corrupting him? Approximately 25% of the forum's ad revenue is split between the forum's 36+ Staff members. Looking at the last ad auction, had Inaba not bid, the person who would have got his spot bid .75 BTC less per spot than him. That x 3 slots = 2.25 BTC less that the Ad auction would have raised, had Inaba not recieved any slots. 25% of that would have been used for Mod Payments, split at least 36 ways. Do you really think that Theymos is being corrupted by the extra .0156 BTC that Josh's ad purchase gave him? Something just doesn't add up on that front.

There are now 38+ staff members that get 20% split of what was 2.25. I can check the last auctions if you wish, but I'm sure the margines are even smaller since BTC went up. Thats 20% of 2.25 BTC split 38 ways, means at most, Theymos is making 0.011 BTC because of BFL's forum presence. I sure would sell out my community and my own beliefs for $7.
Xian01 (OP)
Legendary

Christian Antkow

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 06:22:14 PM

<rationale>

Changes absolutely nothing.

It's the principle of the matter.

... and it sounds like you are rationalizing taking money from known dishonest actors.

"Blood money" if you will allow the hyperbole.
jackjack
Legendary

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 06:24:40 PM

<rationale>

Changes absolutely nothing.

It's the principle of the matter.

... and it sounds like you are rationalizing taking money from known dishonest actors.

"Blood money" if you will allow the hyperbole.

Changes absolutely everything: your sentence
If you started playing "vote to ban", you would be out a significant advertising revenue stream in this particular case, so I can completely see your point.
becomes absolutely moot
You are free to find another problem though

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
Xian01 (OP)
Legendary

Christian Antkow

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 06:26:20 PM

becomes absolutely moot
You are free to find another problem though

I'm not sure I understand what you are trying to say.
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 06:26:46 PM

No, I'm rationalizing that unless Theymos is being bribed by Inaba's 0.011 BTC payments to him, theres probably another reason that Inaba isn't banned than the ad revenue.

Perhaps because Josh isn't disruptive or distrubuting malware, which is really the only way to get banned. Whether hes a scammer or not is debatable, and even if he is, you don't get banned for being a scammer, you get negative trust, and in the old days, a scammer tag.

This has been discussed more than enough times, people don't get banned because other people don't like them. They get banned when they are disruptive to everyone else's conversation. And before you start quoting posts where Josh is messing with people, also be sure to quote the confrontation that has lead up to it.

I don't have BFL products, and I never ordered them, nor have I ever really talked to Josh, so I have no opinion of him either way. I do know however, that people like to bait him into being an ass, and then try to quote it as him acting poorly. Sure he gets caught in flame wars, and says stuff that I'm sure he wishes he didn't, however he isn't constantly disruptive.
Xian01 (OP)
Legendary

Christian Antkow

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 06:29:48 PM

Whether hes a scammer or not is debatable, and even if he is, you don't get banned for being a scammer, you get negative trust, and in the old days, a scammer tag.
This has been discussed more than enough times, people don't get banned because other people don't like them. They get banned when they are disruptive to everyone else's conversation.

Good to know.

Thank you.
Xian01 (OP)
Legendary

Christian Antkow

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 06:32:47 PM

And before you start quoting posts where Josh is messing with people, also be sure to quote the confrontation that has lead up to it.

Post-Edit: If memory serves, I do believe he was being disruptive to the HashFast thread, which resulted in that Derail #3 thread being created.

It certainly does raise an eyebrow when vendors go into other vendors' threads to stir up drama.

SaltySpitoon
Legendary

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 06:35:20 PM

And before you start quoting posts where Josh is messing with people, also be sure to quote the confrontation that has lead up to it.

Post-Edit: If memory serves, I do believe he was being disruptive to the HashFast thread, which resulted in that Derail #3 thread being created.

It certainly does raise an eyebrow when vendors go into other vendors' threads to stir up drama.

I will certainly say that Inaba is guilty of not making the best business decisions in terms of PR. If he is being disruptive, report the posts.
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2013, 07:50:07 PM

Dear Internet Users,

Stop trying to usurp open minded and tolerant internet communities to create your own little idealogical fantasy world you pricks.
Xian01 (OP)
Legendary

Christian Antkow

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 08:09:07 PM

Stop trying to usurp open minded and tolerant internet communities to create your own little idealogical fantasy world you pricks.

I hope you can appreciate that some do entertain "ideological fantasies".
Xian01 (OP)
Legendary

Christian Antkow

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 04:01:49 PM

Theymos, your perspective would be appreciated.

There is another good meta thread that got split off in custom hardware that is presently discussing matters pertaining to how these forums are "run", and the very real perception of taking the advertising money from bad actors and effectively giving them a license to behave badly and harm members of this community.

Using the ignore button as suggested, or using the trust system does not solve the very real problems these forums have.

I can't honestly believe that you willingly turn a blind eye to, and support bad behavior that harms this community. Not mentioning any specifics; you know exactly what I'm referring to.

Stay classy.

Xian01 (OP)
Legendary

Christian Antkow

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 05:13:12 AM

May I ask why the hostility towards them ?

Genuinely curious.
Xian01 (OP)
Legendary

Christian Antkow

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 05:21:21 AM

Genuinely curious.
founder is a well known scammer and involved in at least 7 law suits.

Could you kindly provide a specific name I could run through Google ? I was not aware of that factoid Sad

Damnit...
Xian01 (OP)
Legendary

Christian Antkow

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 05:48:48 AM

Really? A life time member did not know? You must be trolling. No one is this stupid.
Really welcome to me ignore for real!

I can see why you are such a polarizing figure on the forums.

There's a lot of decent people in the Foundation I have a lot of respect for, and I appreciate what they are trying to idealistically do for Bitcoin, but come on man, try to be productive and helpful if I'm asking you an honest question.

Your response is uncalled for and I don't understand where your hostility is coming from, or why you feel the need to call me stupid.

What do you propose as a better organization to formally become involved with, in order to promote Bitcoin's growth ?
coinrevo

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 09:23:50 AM

don't even try. some people are just [insert some words]. sad thing is that some of them got rich through BTC, but I suppose it's no different than the fiat world.
jackjack
Legendary

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 11:45:23 AM

Genuinely curious.
founder is a well known scammer and involved in at least 7 law suits.

Could you kindly provide a specific name I could run through Google ? I was not aware of that factoid Sad

Damnit...

Really? A life time member did not know? You must be trolling. No one is this stupid.

Really welcome to me ignore for real!
I'm not involved at all in the foundation, please tell me

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: