Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 11:08:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I lost 10000$ in trading, what should I do?  (Read 1804 times)
harastvo (OP)

Activity: 92
Merit: 7

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 08:23:20 AM

Hi, I am a crypto-hamster and bought bitcoin when it cost 17,000 and decided to trade on the Bitfinex exchange withe margin.
In this business I was not experienced, so I followed the advice of different traders and their signals.
In the end I lost 10 thousand dollars when bitcoin fell to 6k , but it was money that I was ready to lose, i.e. free.
Now I do not have the desire to trade, but I want to earn money on crypto currency, because it's interesting and I believe that the future is for the crypto currency.
Now I want to try to make money on bounty programs.
And I want to ask you advice in this difficult matter. Where to start, and is it profitable at all?
RoftheN

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 09:31:48 AM

Even if the money was for free it doesn't means that you should be ok with losing it, as that was your money and you could have saved it or invested in a coin and hodled it. Trading isn't for everyone and trading in a volatile market like crypto market isn't very easy and very few people are able to turn a profit from trading.
margert

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 09:35:07 AM

Hi, I am a crypto-hamster and bought bitcoin when it cost 17,000 and decided to trade on the Bitfinex exchange withe margin.
In this business I was not experienced, so I followed the advice of different traders and their signals.
In the end I lost 10 thousand dollars when bitcoin fell to 6k , but it was money that I was ready to lose, i.e. free.
Now I do not have the desire to trade, but I want to earn money on crypto currency, because it's interesting and I believe that the future is for the crypto currency.
And I want to ask you advice in this difficult matter. Where to start, and is it profitable at all?
I think that if you have too many losses in this market then you should stop and should not participate in this market anymore. You can see that the market is constantly changing and difficult to predict, so in order to be commercially viable you need to have a clear and accurate business plan. As you deal spontaneously and unplanned, you have led to such heavy losses.
LogitechMouse
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1036

Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2018, 09:40:49 AM
Merited by Script3d (1)

Just a friendly advice for you fellow trader. Losing 10k$ in trading is too much but if you are still a newbie in trading, its ok.

First of all, I assume you are a newbie and don't know how to trade that much. Maybe you have been FOMO'ed too in some of the coins. I assume too that you joined in the pump and dump signals and lose some bucks because of that. Worst is emotion ate you and you let your emotions do the trading. This is the worst thing you are doing. Letting emotions in trading.

This is just a newbie advice too Smiley. First of all, learn how to read candlesticks and then learn how to use indicators too. The most common indicators are RSI, MACD, Stoch RSI, CCI. Learn how to use them. You need to learn how to use TA too.

In your emotional aspects, you need to be patient because even crypto is very volatile it will not rise in a matter of minutes (although some are). In my experience, some are increasing after an hour or two. Some are minutes but the point is learn how to hold your bought coins. If you don't have patient, you will always sell at a loss and the outcome? POOF!!! MONEY AWAY.

REMOVE YOUR EMOTIONS IN TRADING AND THINK OF A STRATEGY THAT WILL HELP YOU IN TRADING. GOOD LUCK IN TRADING Smiley Smiley

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
Clark05

Activity: 1274
Merit: 263

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 09:52:29 AM

10,000 is very big amount in my country that is half million. Better before buying altcoin you should do some research  I think why other traders are failed on trading because they buy altcoin without doing any research  so the coin they buy is not potential coin.
ophyrim

Activity: 994
Merit: 391

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 10:30:45 AM

The first rule "Don't trust anyone".
İf you want to follow other people's advice you have to very carefully choose to whom you are going to follow. And You have to always follow more than one people. Their decision is not going to right all times so you have to learn how to trade to understand if their advice is suitable.
ss890

Activity: 644
Merit: 263

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2018, 10:37:56 AM

Wow, it was too high when you bought and thats the step where you went wrong since the first day. I think it wasn't smart move here and there is no way you are going to recover the profits unless and until you wait longer than normal! I mean 17K USD is a lot and it wont be sooner I see.

For now you better stay grounded and earn bitcoins rather investing into it. You shouldn't be repeating your mistake which you did first time as it will cost you loss only. Wise decision for you is to invest rather trade it, or earn it rather than trade it.
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 10:41:01 AM

this part is your biggest problem. you followed the idiots on the internet who were misleading you. I don't know what exactly you did wrong to lose that much but as a trader you should know that there are a lot of ways to prevent big losses like that.
it is ok though because you gained a very valuable experience now. next time try to  watch the market closely and see how it moves. you will eventually gain enough experience to not lose money like this and only make profit.

Only Bitcoin
johnwest

Activity: 1106
Merit: 503

BabelFish - FISH Token Sale at Sovryn

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 10:42:29 AM

Sorry for your loss, but remember the lessons you have learnt in this process. Bounties are great for higher ranked members but you can take your time to read the rules and start participating in simple ones like the telegram or social media bounties.

.USD Stablecoin Aggregator.                                              ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀█
                                            ▄▀      ▄
              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      █        █
          ▄▄▀▀▀             ▀▀▄▄    ▀▀▄   ▄▀       █
  ▄     ▄▀ ▄▄▄▄         ▀▄      ▀▀▄▄   █  █       ▄
▀ ▀▄ ▄▀  █ ▄▄ █         ▀ ▄        ▀▀▄█▀▀        █
█ █▄ ▀ ▄█ ▀▄▄▄▄▀   █  ▄    ▀▄        ▄          ▄▄
█ ██               █  █     █   ▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▄          █
█ ▀ ▄▄            █   █   ██▀▀▀     ▄ █▀▀▄       █
 ▀▀   ▀▄       ▄▄▀  ▄█▄▄▀▀  ▀▀▄  ▄▀▀ █    █      ▀
         ▀█▄▄▄▄▀ ▄▄▄▀         ▄▀▀▀  ▄▀      ▀▄     █
               ▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▀          █    ▀
                                               ▀▀█▄▄▄█
.BabelFish.█▀▀▀▀▀▀
█      ▀
 █        █      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  █       ▀▄   ▄▀▀    ▄▄▀▀             ▀▀▀▄▄
  ▀▄       █  █   ▄▄▀▀      ▄▀         ▄▄▄▄ ▀▄     ▄
   █        ▀▀█▀▀        ▄ ▀         █ ▄▄ █  ▀▄ ▄▀ ▀
   ▀▄▄          ▄        ▄▀    ▄  █   ▀▄▄▄▄▀ █▄ ▀ ▄█ █
   █          ▄▀ ▀▀▀▄▄   █     █  █               ██ █
   █       ▄▀▀█ ▄     ▀▀▀██   █   █            ▄▀▄ ▀ █
  ▄█      █    █ ▀▀▄  ▄▀▀  ▀▀▄▄█▄  ▀▄▄       ▄▀   ▀
  █     ▄▀      ▀▄  ▀▀▀▄         ▀▄▄▄ ▀▄▄▄▄█▀
 ▄▀    █          ▀▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀
█▄▄▄█▀▀
.FISH token sale at Sovryn.████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
bizarro

Activity: 291

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 10:44:23 AM

This is so bad man! But I would suggest always remember that you can earn new money everyday, as you still breath, so its not the end.
GoogleBit

Activity: 213
Merit: 104

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 11:05:09 AM

... no worrys mate. I lost 200k USD a few weeks ago, that's crypto 😉
If you are clever, see it like this:

You just had a 10k lesson in trading !!!

Sure you have learned from that, so just don't give up and do it better.

PS: ...maybe try a lesson for 1k as a start 😎
mstfprcn

Activity: 700
Merit: 553

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 11:10:04 AM

actually, with 10K usd, you bought the experience. I like your patience , my personal advise, follow the bounty campaigns, signature , social media etc. and hold the income for the future.
VitKoyn

Activity: 490
Merit: 106

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 12:22:06 PM

This is what will happen if you take advice from other people that thinks they are always right, you will lose your money. You should know that when it comes to investing in cryptocurrencies, that you have to make your own decisions not listen on what other people say, of course most people that invested on a specific coin will advice that you should just hold it because they want the price to go up, remember that we are speculating. If you are afraid to lose money again in trading then why not just invest and wait? bounty programs/campaign are good source of profit but not all projects have that potential to grow and most of them will not pay you because they are scammers.
shawonngp

Activity: 758
Merit: 107

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2018, 12:25:58 PM

It is a bad news for us. sorry for your loss. I think you start again with a good knowledge . you can Learn from various blogs and YouTube about trade. I hope  You will see the way of profit from losses

duyduc256

Activity: 700
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 12:41:47 PM

... no worrys mate. I lost 200k USD a few weeks ago, that's crypto 😉
If you are clever, see it like this:

You just had a 10k lesson in trading !!!

Sure you have learned from that, so just don't give up and do it better.

PS: ...maybe try a lesson for 1k as a start 😎
If you invest in this market, the risk is huge and losing money is inevitable. Personally I lost $ 50,000 when trading and I lost my temper when selling all my assets at that time but then I had a lot of new lessons and had to recapture the lost money. The best advice is to be patient and wait as anything can happen in this market
CryptoMao

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 12:50:53 PM

Wouldn't be comfortable trading cryptos on margin unless you take it as a form of gambling. If you're not levered then you only make a loss when you sell. 
BobBct

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 12:54:16 PM

First of trading is very risky and you might not want to enter this without accepting the facts that you can loose money by this and if you don't be careful you might actually loose it.
tatnM

Activity: 434

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 01:17:27 PM

You got a good lesson. On the bounty, you certainly do not earn so much quickly now, I can advise you to buy bitcoin and eth now and keep at least until the end of the year. I'm sure that you will restore everything and remain in positive territory.
Hemady17

Activity: 505
Merit: 35

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 03:25:59 PM

Entering to the lions’ den without any protection will surely give you a lot of problem. I suggest you not to enter again in trading without doing the following:

1.   Study technical and fundamental analysis
2.   Prepare a trading plan
3.   Stop being greedy

By doing this it will increase a chance of success. Starting right now you need to accept your loss in order to start the healing process. Acceptance is the first thing you need to do.

Base Protocol                                     Presale
Hold one token; Hold all tokens                [ Website ]
BitcoinTalk  |  Discord  |  Twitter  |  Medium  |  Telegram
bakujo0817

Activity: 313
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 03:31:28 PM

you luck of knowledge thats your problem better start first on educating yourself on crypto and also its not advisable to newbie to do day trading because day trading it hard of you dont know what your doing.

doing bounty campaign is good idea if you want to earn but you need to be patient and hardworking because some bounty campaign are fake.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: