Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 11:18:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin on the Ebay  (Read 28434 times)
vasisualiy (OP)

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 25, 2011, 10:52:24 AM

Hi. I sale a Book on the Ebay and accept Bitcoin.

If you interests - http://cgi.ebay.de/Thomas-Huber-Ogre-Gipfel-Traume-/170608236377?pt=Sach_Fachb%C3%BCcher&hash=item27b90b1759

I also have contact the Support from Ebay and asked for the official acceptance of the Bitcoins and I'm wait for a reply from the support.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Mahkul

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Every saint has a past. Every sinner has a future.

View Profile
February 25, 2011, 10:57:13 AM

If you interests - http://cgi.ebay.de/Thomas-Huber-Ogre-Gipfel-Traume-/170608236377?pt=Sach_Fachb%C3%BCcher&hash=item27b90b1759

I also have contact the Support from Ebay and asked for the official acceptance of the Bitcoins and I'm wait for a reply from the support.

Smiley

If they agree I will send you 2000 BTC Smiley
semyazza

Activity: 339

View Profile
February 25, 2011, 04:23:23 PM

Smiley

E-bay won't agree because it's against their policy of requiring a payment method that is reversible.  The ebay rating system is currently for show for that reason as the buyer will always receive their money back no matter if they practice due diligence or not.
Mahkul

Activity: 434

Every saint has a past. Every sinner has a future.

View Profile
February 25, 2011, 04:28:07 PM

Smiley

E-bay won't agree because it's against their policy of requiring a payment method that is reversible.  The ebay rating system is currently for show for that reason as the buyer will always receive their money back no matter if they practice due diligence or not.

I wonder in the future would they not just offer their own escrow service if they were to accept Bitcoin. This would achieve the same effect I think.

Still, it is obvious they are not going to accept it for another (probably long) while. But we have biddingpond anyway. Smiley
error

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 25, 2011, 05:21:00 PM

Indeed. I mostly stopped selling stuff on eBay because they made it so easy for buyers to run scams and give sellers no help.

3KzNGwzRZ6SimWuFAgh4TnXzHpruHMZmV8
vasisualiy (OP)

View Profile
February 25, 2011, 06:49:48 PM

Em. A payment per bank is not reversible too. But ebay accepts this.
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
February 25, 2011, 08:02:15 PM
Last edit: February 25, 2011, 09:17:37 PM by sgornick

For the U.S.:
Sellers can't require buyers to pay using methods that aren't allowed on eBay or that they didn't include in their listing. For details, see the accepted payments policy.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/accepted-payments-policy.html
  http://pages.ebay.com/help/pay/accepted-payment-methods.html

I suppose if you listed bitcoin as an optional alternate method for payment, ... and perhaps gave a 3% discount even as an incentive (the same amount you'ld lose to PayPal), then that might enable you to operate without violating eBay's policy yet still make it so some will likely pay with bitcoins.

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

vasisualiy (OP)

View Profile
February 25, 2011, 08:19:43 PM

For the U.S.:
Sellers can't require buyers to pay using methods that aren't allowed on eBay or that they didn't include in their listing. For details, see the accepted payments policy.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/accepted-payments-policy.html
  http://pages.ebay.com/help/pay/accepted-payment-methods.html

I suppose if you listed bitcoin as an optional alternate method for payment, ... and perhaps even gave a 3% discount as the incentive even

In Germany the bank tranfrer are fee-free. And the 3% ist not required.
But this is useful Info, thanx!!

(the same amount you'ld lose to PayPal), then that might both enable you to operate without violating eBay's policy yet still be likely to receive bitcoins for payment.

I hope you're right. At the time I readed the policy I haven't see the word "optional". This can be useful!
Littleshop
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2011, 04:39:52 PM

How about putting bitcoin in the title of bitcoin buyable items and then a note about bitcoin in the body of the auction?

The ideal would be to drift away from Paypal and Ebay and have a market like biddingpond.com that did not charge near 10% total for transactions.  I will soon start to list there (next week) and try it out. 

Reputation will be very important on a site like that because scammers will try to infest any site.  On a bitcoin driven site, most of the scamming would be done by the seller (not shipping, mis-representing) not by the buyer like in ebay. 

Today ebay has made it way to easy to rip a seller off, with the biggest stupid move of eliminating negative feedback option for the seller.  Now a scammer can keep doing the same trick to many sellers. 

semyazza

View Profile
February 26, 2011, 06:40:48 PM

i don't know what country you hail from but, personally, I have done bank reversals on wire transfers here in the United States. More difficult than a credit card transaction reversal but, still highly possible.  Not to go too off topic but this is one of the reason why I enjoy Bitcoin, YOU control your money not some bureaucratic mess(banks, government etc.)
semyazza

View Profile
February 26, 2011, 06:45:24 PM

How about putting bitcoin in the title of bitcoin buyable items and then a note about bitcoin in the body of the auction?

The ideal would be to drift away from Paypal and Ebay and have a market like biddingpond.com that did not charge near 10% total for transactions.  I will soon start to list there (next week) and try it out.  

Reputation will be very important on a site like that because scammers will try to infest any site.  On a bitcoin driven site, most of the scamming would be done by the seller (not shipping, mis-representing) not by the buyer like in ebay.  

Today ebay has made it way to easy to rip a seller off, with the biggest stupid move of eliminating negative feedback option for the seller.  Now a scammer can keep doing the same trick to many sellers.  
This right here(emphasis mine). I will never remove the feature of two way feedback.  In the future I might even implement the ability to even block buyers based upon their positive/negative feedback ratio.  Right now I'm working on a couple of Bitcoin projects as the sole developer. One of them to be released in the next few days. So, time is definitely limited.
BCEmporium
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 26, 2011, 06:52:31 PM

Indeed. I mostly stopped selling stuff on eBay because they made it so easy for buyers to run scams and give sellers no help.

Agreed! I'm always amazed or upset with consumer rights.
In any trade the [scammer] can be on either side. There's no point in saying or assume "the seller" is the scammer or the potential scammer.
Then a "consumer", one that is «exclusively a consumer», is a social parasite, because normal people is both, producer and consumer. Market demands balance not grant one all privileges and make the other a sitting duck.

A while ago I quit a subscription for one of those "Consumer protection"'s magazine. I found outrageous that 99% of it was about mobile phones - for it I'll go fetch an operator flayer myself, thank you. And then add sections with a title so amazing as "The consumer demands". I really wonder who they think they're, because for "The consumer" they are meaning themselves. And "demands" goes as balanced as «the consumer must have the right to a full refund if return the thing to the shop within 15 days» - WHAT?! So let's say, I buy a pair of tennis, 15 days later go there for the refund, buy another, do the same... over and over... a free pair every 15 days? Was it the idea?!...

Gosh!...  Angry

██████████████████            ██████████
████████████████              ██████████
██████████████          ▄█   ███████████
████████████         ▄████   ███████████
██████████        ▄███████  ████████████
████████        ▄█████████  ████████████
██████        ▄███████████  ████████████
████       ▄██████████████ █████████████
██      ▄███████████████████████████████
▀        ███████████████████████████████
▄          █████████████████████████████
██▄         ▀███████████████████████████
████▄        ▀██████████████████████████
██████▄        ▀████████████████████████
████████▄        ████████████████▀ █████
██████████▄       ▀█████████████  ██████
████████████▄       ██████████   ███████
██████████████▄      ▀██████    ████████
████████████████▄▄     ███     █████████
███████████████████▄    ▀     ██████████
█████████████████████▄       ███████████
███████████████████████▄   ▄████████████

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|
  TRUE BLOCKCHAIN GAMING PLATFORM 
DECENTRALISED AUTONOMOUS UNIVERSES

HOME PAGE                                                                  WHITE PAPER 
|
vasisualiy (OP)

View Profile
February 27, 2011, 08:35:23 PM

i don't know what country you hail from but, personally, I have done bank reversals on wire transfers here in the United States. More difficult than a credit card transaction reversal but, still highly possible.  Not to go too off topic but this is one of the reason why I enjoy Bitcoin, YOU control your money not some bureaucratic mess(banks, government etc.)

I'm from Germany. And the bank transfer is not reversible (anyway "not", if the transfer already is in the "system").
vasisualiy (OP)

View Profile
February 27, 2011, 08:41:21 PM

Agreed! I'm always amazed or upset with consumer rights.
In any trade the [scammer] can be on either side. There's no point in saying or assume "the seller" is the scammer or the potential scammer.
Then a "consumer", one that is «exclusively a consumer», is a social parasite, because normal people is both, producer and consumer. Market demands balance not grant one all privileges and make the other a sitting duck.

A while ago I quit a subscription for one of those "Consumer protection"'s magazine. I found outrageous that 99% of it was about mobile phones - for it I'll go fetch an operator flayer myself, thank you. And then add sections with a title so amazing as "The consumer demands". I really wonder who they think they're, because for "The consumer" they are meaning themselves. And "demands" goes as balanced as «the consumer must have the right to a full refund if return the thing to the shop within 15 days» - WHAT?! So let's say, I buy a pair of tennis, 15 days later go there for the refund, buy another, do the same... over and over... a free pair every 15 days? Was it the idea?!...

Gosh!...  Angry

It's true. And it's right. Those people are too seldom. And this is a little price for the customer rights.
rider650

Activity: 49

View Profile
June 03, 2011, 10:00:08 AM

I'm from Germany. And the bank transfer is not reversible (anyway "not", if the transfer already is in the "system").

I`m also from Germany, and bank transfers ARE reversible. Once someone I didn`t know transfered me some money by accident, and I didn`t say a thing. A month or so later my bank called me that the transfer will be reversed, for I was obviously not the intended recipient and the sender did a mistake. Banks here (and everywhere I suppose) have great liberties in reversing transfers that most people are not aware of. Another reason to like bitcoins :-)
Bitcoin.Greece

Activity: 412

Bitcoin is the Future of currency

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2012, 10:00:06 PM

What do you think about http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-Paperclip-w-4-Free-BTC-Bitcoins-Four-Bitcoin-/220973247094?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3373082a76#ht_500wt_1299

Get a VPN - Protect yourself
paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: 1pirata

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2012, 10:37:24 PM

cool Smiley let's see how that goes... operation Paperclip 2.0

BTCitcoin: An Idea Worth Saving - Q&A with bitcoins on rugatu.com - Check my rep
kliffen

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 12, 2012, 10:38:46 PM

If enough people ask eBay about BitCoin for escrow (to avoid scamming), would they consider it? Or is that just stupid of me to think?
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
March 12, 2012, 11:52:00 PM

cool Smiley let's see how that goes... operation Paperclip 2.0

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/Disputes-and-claims/Beware-A-Partial-Order-is-Considered-by-PayPal-to-be/td-p/40741

Someone else was trying to sell bitcoins in this manner.  They are no longer active, so perhaps that didn't end very well (chargebacks can occur up to 180 days after the sale, so sales of these might seem to be going well with no chargebacks and then all of a sudden boom!)
 - http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=14632.msg398096#msg398096

If enough people ask eBay about BitCoin for escrow (to avoid scamming), would they consider it? Or is that just stupid of me to think?

Are you suggesting that eBay allow the seller to put in the restriction that payment using bitcoins to an escrow service is required?  I can't imagine eBay allowing this for listings on their own site.

I suppose what you could do is compose a listing that has terms "cash only, local pickup only"  but then in the description mention that the item can be shipped if paid for using bitcoins (through an escrow service if the buyer wishes).

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

Dofus

Activity: 399

View Profile
June 28, 2015, 05:05:40 PM

Smiley

AHAHAHA
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: