Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 01:52:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: FedEx is investing and confident about Bitcoin  (Read 1383 times)
cryptorTUX

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 06:59:28 PM

So I recently read and article about FedEx Corporation is investing in blockchain. What do you think will be the effect of this in the crypto market? Do you think big companies will also follow what FedEx did?

I believe they are investing in the technology of Blockchain and not in Bitcoin. Please do separate them because there are not alike.

Yep just because they told blockchain it doesn't mean bitcoin. Just because FedEx fellas have been on the consensus gathering in New York and because if their statement it doesn't mean they are striving and going for bitcoin. But people seem to like to turn the words around as it sound much better for them or yet other people when they read. Clickbait title I'd say. They have one of the most recognizable shipping companies and when you think about it blockchain could potentially be used there to track packages and be sure that information is valid. But for this they don't need bitcoin or any other crypto out there.
walemil

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 08:34:16 PM

I love this so much and I just hope it is real. Samsung, Facebook and now FedEx. There is certainly a great time ahead for cryptocurrency because I believe this adoption will further extend to corporate bodies. Cryptocurrency is the future and it is going to be huge.
datniccy97

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 09:41:19 PM

So I recently read and article about FedEx Corporation is investing in blockchain. What do you think will be the effect of this in the crypto market? Do you think big companies will also follow what FedEx did?

I don't think this news is referring to BTC specifically, rather block chain technology itself. Many big players are exploring how to use block chain tech to advance their operations. Testament to how innovative the space is Smiley
jhonnydeep87

Activity: 378

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 10:03:34 PM

Now all the big companies are switching to using blockchain technology in their work. It can adopt industry blockchain standards will gain leadership in this industry later. Cool
HatakeKakashi

Activity: 1274
Merit: 513

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 10:32:14 PM

Wow that's good news because if fedex are investing to bitcoin because we know feded is big company and their service is for the whole world . I think they have effect because if the people who are supporting fedex can invest also so the price increase very high.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2982
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 10:52:23 PM

You have to understand what's the difference about bitcoin and blockchain. As @Kprawn said just because they are adopting blockchain it doesn't really mean that they are adopting bitcoin. Although there's a line that bonds these too but unless FedEx declares that they will start using bitcoin soon, then let's assume that it's bitcoin they are adopting. Overall, the news is still good because it's a big company that is highlighting blockchain technology which also comes to the mind of the people that they are adopting crypto's but that's misleading.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
rodel caling

Activity: 952
Merit: 104

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 10:53:21 PM

Actually i heard aside from fedex corporation  some famous  company's specially food chain start to invest in bitcoin last year in the new technolgy of currency the blockchain in a way to accept payment bitcoin in their company.

Another great opportunity and positive happen for the crypto currency to help bitcoin to increase again their price in the coin market cap.
vella85

Activity: 1862
Merit: 590

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2018, 10:57:25 PM

If FedEx do go ahead with this then I think it would be great for the shipping/posting industry and I'm sure many other shipping companies will follow. More and more big companies are seeing the power that blockchain technology has to offer and are now starting to adopt it a lot more. As I buy many things online and use FedEx a lot I would love to see the blockchain tech being used with their services.

I can promote your project on X to my 100k+ followers for a reasonable price. Just DM me for prices.
countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 11:11:05 PM

This is not related to BTC at all, and I'm not even convinced that a blockchain would be better than a conventional database for Fedex's needs. A blockchain keeps on growing forever, whereas most businesses archive their files after a few years. Then, there's no relation between a parcel sent from NY to the UK in 2015, and a letter sent from Japan to California in 2018. It's useful with a cryptocurrency to follow the money, but there's no following needed once a parcel has been sent.

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
bolbau

Activity: 574
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 03:39:25 AM

prove your statement with data, in this case is an article that you have been read. if this kind of information is true, this is will be a good news for bitcoin, FedEx as international shipping, logistics management and supply chain management company will give a good impact on bitcoin market. but im still curious what kind of investing that FedEx do? i will more believe if FedEx using a blockchain technology for they tracking system.
Lyne01

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 04:57:49 AM

This will have a positive impact to the crypto world especially when FedEx will also issue its coins to be used in the shipping industries. There are already coins like this and its making a good impact in the market. If FedEx would really go into blockchain, more and more companies will follow also.

❑  GOLDMA ❑     Facebook ✰  Twitter ✰ Telegram ✰ Whitepaper    ❑  GOLDMA ❑
  ICO JULY12th,2018    Gold Mining Asset (GMA) Digitizing Gold Assets  END OCT12th,2018
██████████████████  Crypto-Based Gold Royalty Token ██████████████████
ivrynx

Activity: 518
Merit: 103

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 11:12:18 AM

Large corporations are already looking forward to investing in the crypto market or accpeting crypto currency as payments, there is no doubt that soon, we'll see a world that only uses digital currency, however, banks, howm they have credit on, might not agree on their move, since banks also wants to take conttol of large conpanies, not only the small to medium enterprises, since it will still be an asset of the bank and they can get a lot of tax breaks, and in return the tax they are not paying will be paid by the masses, but if large companies move to crypto currency, they can created their own currency and the more altcoins to be in circulation, the better for the business.
faithupgrade

Activity: 475
Merit: 253

ARCS - A New World Token

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 11:21:44 AM

Fedex, Microsoft, Amazon, and other big brand companies are actually an encouragement to people to invest in crypto currency. This is also the beginning where big companies will create their own tokens to be used in their websites or to avail their services. Indeed a buy signal to go more in crypto.

▄▄██████▄
    ▄███████████
  ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀       ▄▄▄
 ▄████
█▀             ████▄
█████               █████▄
█████                 █████
█████               █████
 ▀████
█▄           ▄█████▀
  ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀█████████████████▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
ARCS
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██████████████████████████     ██████████████████████████     ██████████████████████████     ███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
A   N E W   W O R L D   T O K E N
|     WEBSITE     |     TWITTER     |   TELEGRAM   |     MEDIUM     |  WHITEPAPER  |
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██████████████████████████     ██████████████████████████     ██████████████████████████     ███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
vv181
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 11:22:28 AM

The title is misleading, FedEx does not actually invest and confident about BItcoin. Instead, they think blockchain have a huge impact on their business and want to apply Blockchain to their business.

source:https://blogs.wsj.com/cio/2018/05/14/fedex-cio-says-blockchain-a-game-changer-for-supply-chain-visibility/
darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2366
Merit: 1347

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 11:35:43 AM

I think this is a great news.

great news for who? As @Kprawn said:

The sad part is that Blockchain does not necessarily mean, Bitcoin. They will most probably develop their

own  in-house centralized "Blockchain" based technology that would be in competition with Bitcoin.  Angry ... So this is not

good news for Bitcoin
Roll Eyes

It seems that our bitcoin news channels do not realize this and by the frequency that our bitcoin news channels publish this news it seems that our bitcoin news channels believe that this will somehow be beneficial for bitcoin

What do you think will be the effect of this in the crypto market?

Will have no effect  in the crypto market

You guys should watch this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHbtp7pOftU

Especially listen to his comparison of bitcoin and blockchain to automobiles and tires at 3:00 mark.

I initially was following the mainstream media thinking that they can actually separate blockchain and BTC, but the more research I do the more I agree with Andreas here.
There are powers in play that don't like Bitcoin for its libertarian values, for its possible connections with deep web, hackers, anonymity, and are trying to make you think that they are interested in this new blockchain technology, but not in BTC, so that they aren't associated with all the above.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
vinbitpon

Activity: 57

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 12:13:30 PM

This is a great news indeed. If bigger companies will invest and use bitcoin as one of their payment methods, definitely bitcoin will expand bigger and faster.

This is also a great step towards a new face of payments around the globe. Hope more companies will follow FedEx's move.
voron84-05

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 12:36:56 PM

The transition of large companies to blockchain technology is an irreversible process that is conditioned by modern requirements to the security of information transfer, so I'm sure that in the next 5-10 years not only large companies but all the rest will switch to this technology.
kucritt

Activity: 616

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 12:44:25 PM

FedEx is want to invest in bitcoin? is this true? i think its a big news, why? because as i know that if the big companies want to join the bitcoin network it  will makes bitcoin is more popular than before, and maybe the smaller companies than FedEx that work in logistics too will use bitcoin as investment too.

Carthages

Activity: 56

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 12:54:10 PM

FedEx is sure that blockchain technology will revolutionize the logistics industry, and they don’t want to be left behind.
The logistics giant is actively testing ways to use blockchain to track high-cost, mission-critical cargo. In a growing trend of companies researching blockchain tech for business uses, FedEx joins the joins others like Samsung in supply chain applications.
denzkilim

Activity: 1218
Merit: 105

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 01:18:50 PM

First of all what you have just said they are investing in blockchain technology and blockchain technology is different from crypto currencies. Blockchain is the technology used by crypto currencies and this kind of technology can be used on a lot of stuffs and not only for crypto currencies. Smiley

I believe they are investing in the technology of Blockchain and not in Bitcoin. Please do separate them because there are not alike.

FeDex? is this the company with the motto "WE LIVE TO DELIVER"? Shocked If it is, that would be cool lol. That's what I think also they are into the blockchain technology and not into the crypto currency thing, But who knows maybe in the future they'll create also their own crypto currency that can be used on their business platform. Grin
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: