Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 02:09:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Reggie Middleton uses car analogy to explain that Bitcoin is not a bubble  (Read 7313 times)
molecular (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 07:05:59 AM

Only now I learn that The Reggie Middleton has joined this board. You are definitely on top of all major techno waves out there.

I admit I haven't tried Ultracoin yet but the question I keep asking myself is how real world assets are tied to the concept of Ultracoin. It's easy to exchange one electronic asset (e.g. a Litecoin) for some other electronic assets (e.g. Mooncoins). Lock the assets up and exchange. No trust needed, its all decentralised.

Now enter a USD / EUR swap. I cannot throw 100 dollars into Ultracoin through my CDROM tray. Even electronic dollars cannot be tied to Ultacoin just like that. The same goes for the Euro part of the swap transaction.

Will Ultracoin just tie these 2 promises together: promises to pay fiat?

Obviously, Ultracoin will not lock in the fiat dollars and euros. Can't be done with centralised systems for fiat currency. Presumably there is and will not be  a 'central' point of trust being Reggie's wife's USD and EUR bank accounts to accommodate this swap.

So what remains: locking in the equivalent of USD and EUR in Bitcoins? Then, parties are just exchanging Bitcoins. And how to deal with Bitcoin variations in price in USD vs EUR
EUR) ?

I'm not sure how it's done in ultracoin, but I'm guessing settlement and such is purely in crypto? Otherwise it'd not be 0-trust as advertised.

Maybe we can hook-in the Bitcoin blockchain so we can settle in something "established" (sorry, didn't take a look at ultracoin)

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Reggie Middleton

Activity: 136
Merit: 100

UltraCoin "Smart" Derivatives: The Future of Money

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2014, 06:10:23 PM

The UltraCoin value trading wallet is ready to go. Just download it here and you can see it work for yourself. Over 75,000 tickers available for trading. http://ultra-coin.com/index.php/download-beta

*Link Removed* : The Future of Money! A "Smart", Zero Trust, Peer to Peer, Decentralized derivative layer on top of Bitcoin!!!
 *Image Removed*
molecular (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 06:17:23 PM

The UltraCoin value trading wallet is ready to go. Just download it here and you can see it work for yourself. Over 75,000 tickers available for trading. http://ultra-coin.com/index.php/download-beta

Thanks!

Still didn't get around to take a look.

Is there a writeup by now as to how ultracoin functions? I have many questions, like: how is ticker data injected? Is there really an ultracoin (is it mined at all) or how is settlement achieved?

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
r0ach
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 07:43:07 PM

Do you realize the name UltraCoin is already in use?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=727023.0

Reggie, the name you chose has some blowback involved with it.  The first problem is, it's already taken.  The second problem is, I've been involved with coins such as Vertcoin and Ron Paul Coin myself, along with having been a relatively decent sized miner for a while.  The launch of the original Ultracoin in the above link was considered to be one of the biggest scams/money grabs in altcoins.  I'm not sure if you want that past reputation haunting the coin by choosing the same name.

You might get by unscathed since 99.9% of people on the planet have never heard of the original Ultracoin, but that coin still seems to be around and didn't die for some reason.

......ATLANT......
..Real Estate Blockchain Platform..
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████
           ███████▐██▀████▐██▄████████░
          ▄████▄█████████▒████▌█████████░
         ███████▄█████████▀██████████████░
        █████████▌█████████▐█████▄████████░
        ▀█████████████████▐███████████████
          █████▀████████ ░███████████████
    ██████▐██████████▄████████████████████████░
  ▄████▄████████▐███████████████░▄▄▄▄░████████░
 ▄██████▄█████████▐█████▄█████████▀████▄█████████░
███████████████████▐█████▄█████████▐██████████████░
▀████████▀█████████▒██████████████▐█████▀█████████
  ████████████████ █████▀█████████████████████████
   ▀██▀██████████ ▐█████████████  ▀██▀██████████
    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀██████████

..INVEST  ●  RENT  ●  TRADE..
 ✓Assurance     ✓Price Discovery     ✓Liquidity     ✓Low Fees

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

◣Whitepaper ◣ANN ThreadTelegram
◣ Facebook     ◣ Reddit          ◣ Slack

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
bitcon
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 07:24:44 PM

you paid a million dollars for your car, now its worth a fraction of that.   now you are stuck with a car you dont want and want to get rid of but you cant.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: