Is there any good explanation out there how to set this up?
My webhost has a PEAR extension called "Web_curl" though the readme asks for "Curl". It doesn't have "Preg", so I guess I am going to have to ask them to add it.
Do I need to ask them to add anything in order to use PGP too? I figure that while I am at it I may as well figure out how to use that as well.
These instructions make everything sound simple, but I don't think I understand what to do on most of the steps:
-= MyBitcoin SCI Automation and Receipt Toolkit for PHP v1.2 =-
Curl PHP Extension
Preg PHP Extension
GnuPG (optional, but recommended)
MyBitcoin's SCI PGP Key installed (included in this archive, also optional)
1. Install all of the required software.
2. Copy the appropriate PHP files to your website's document root.
3. Import the included PGP keyring file into your GnuPG.
4 Edit the sci-config.inc.php to suit your needs.
5. Test your installation by editing and running sci-auto-sample.php from the commandline ("php sci-auto-sample.php"). Make sure that GnuPG is able to verify the responses that are coming from MBC. (In a production installation you may want to delete that file. It is provided as an example only.)
6. Edit sci-receipt-handler.php to handle the SCI receipt data. You may want to drop this data into your database, give a user access to a member's area, etc. This really depends on what you are selling and the type of site you are operating. (Renaming this file is recommended to enhance your site's security.)
7. Update the SCI settings (such as the SCI Receipt URL location) on the MyBitcoin web site (located on the "Settings" page) to reflect your installation.
8. Optionally this library can be used with Tor or I2P. Check the sci-config.inc.php file for more information.
9. Use the button code generator on the login area of MyBitcoin.com, and follow the instructions to get your website integrated.
I don't understand what things like a "SCI Receipt URL location" is. It won't let me enable SCI Automation without one (step 7?), but then how am I supposed to enter information in the PHP files? If anyone could explain what all of these steps really entail I would appreciate it.