Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 11:47:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: COINBASE DOES SUCK!!! How else can you sell btc if you want usd?  (Read 1197 times)
BitcoinSteve (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 03:45:13 AM

I got the dreaded message...
Coinbase   

On Dec 19, 2013 you purchased 0.10 BTC via bank transfer for $70.28.
Unfortunately, we have decided to cancel this order because it appears to be high risk. We do not send out any bitcoins on high risk transactions, and you will receive a refund to your bank account in 3-4 business days.
Please understand that we do this to keep the community safe and avoid fraudulent transactions. Apologies if you are one of the good users who gets caught up in this preventative measure - we don't get it right 100% of the time, but we need to be cautious when it comes to preventing fraud.
You may have more luck trying again in a few weeks. Best of luck and thank you for trying Coinbase.
Kind regards,
The Coinbase Team

so thats great if they really do refund me, in the meantime if btc goes up and I want to sell what other vendors can I use? Thanks

DRK: XtijFQdCcPpKXmtjKF4xdpy6vCvJTymfzw

BTC: 1LbPHiUfegA3Xjfg4YJkJqLNpaRWDcRPay
Jerfer

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 03:55:50 AM

I don't understand it either.

I've had two transactions cancelled this same way over the last month. The first was a $200 transaction. Cancelled for "high risk." I waited about two weeks then initiated another $60 transaction. Cancelled for "high risk." How the heck are people supposed to buy BTC at this place? As of now the only way I've been able to obtain BTC is by mining LTC and other altcoins and exchanging it for BTC.

Very bad experience.

████→→       ● DeepOnion                                                                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯ 
████→→       ● Tor integrated, 100% anonymous!                                ✯     Get Your FREE Coins NOW!        ✯
████→→       ● Free Airdrop! (No ICO, No Crowdfund)                        ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯
BitcoinSteve (OP)

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 04:03:04 AM

I've had two transactions cancelled this same way over the last month. The first was a $200 transaction. Cancelled for "high risk." I waited about two weeks then initiated another $60 transaction. Cancelled for "high risk." How the heck are people supposed to buy BTC at this place? As of now the only way I've been able to obtain BTC is by mining LTC and other altcoins and exchanging it for BTC.

Very bad experience.

me also but my main concern is selling btc, I almost obatined 1 btc if I want to sell at 10k (if it gets there) where can I really go for usd funds?

BitcoinSteve (OP)

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 05:05:47 AM

Very bad experience.

me also but my main concern is selling btc, I almost obatined 1 btc if I want to sell at 10k (if it gets there) where can I really go for usd funds?

I've bought and sold quite a few BTC at Coinbase and never had a problem. Have you verified your account with a Credit Card and matching bank account?

I have a checking account verified, only debits though no credit card so cant get instant..

~BCX~

BitcoinEXpress
Legendary

Activity: 1210
Merit: 1024

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 05:23:28 AM

There's your issue, fix it and you'll be fine.

~BCX~

PS Fix your previous post.
snakebit

Activity: 98

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 04:15:36 PM

It happened to me a couple months ago when BTC was $190 right when the bull run began and I went through all the verification as well. Do what BitcoinEXpress said but also send an e-mail to support@coinbase.com regarding that message. They will whitelist your account so you won't get those "high-risk" messages.
BitcoinSteve (OP)

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 09:50:55 PM

Thanks do you know how long it takes for them to reply? I sent them like 10 emails from last night and today.  Also will they refund my $ like they say?

redwraith

Activity: 188
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 12:11:12 AM

Thanks do you know how long it takes for them to reply? I sent them like 10 emails from last night and today.  Also will they refund my $ like they say?

they are seriously understaffed, it may take a few days to a couple weeks to get a reply.  I've found the coinbase reddit thread is quite helpful.  They have couple of employees that post stuff there, helping people out.
BitcoinSteve (OP)

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 12:16:19 AM

they are seriously understaffed, it may take a few days to a couple weeks to get a reply.  I've found the coinbase reddit thread is quite helpful.  They have couple of employees that post stuff there, helping people out.

thanks, link please to reddit?

redwraith

Activity: 188
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 12:27:10 AM

http://www.reddit.com/r/coinbase
BitcoinSteve (OP)

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 12:28:40 AM

http://www.reddit.com/r/coinbase

Thanks sent a message to that batman guy, he says he works there, will provide results here...

snakebit

Activity: 98

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 02:40:32 AM

Thanks do you know how long it takes for them to reply? I sent them like 10 emails from last night and today.  Also will they refund my $ like they say?

Yeah, for me it took about a week and a half to get a response from them. They were definitely understaffed then. I know they've been hiring for more customer support positions...maybe you might get a response from them sooner. Your $ should be refunded. I've had no problems with that.
CSInvestments

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 05:43:02 AM

I had the same issue with them before, so I emailed them and received a response in a couple days. My account was whitelisted and my original transactions were honored. I wish the same luck to you, as I have seen that coinbase is not honoring some users transactions.
X68N

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 05:58:50 AM

sad story, but i cant hold back:

Coinbase - All your money are belong to us  -> http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/All_your_base_are_belong_to_us

Grin

YOBIT IS SCAM , YOBIT IS SCAM , YOBIT IS SCAM meine Steuerdatei:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=612741.msg19244732#msg19244732
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: