Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 08:03:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Have you ever burned some coins or tokens?  (Read 205 times)
ZhuldyzKaladinova (OP)

Activity: 289
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 12:27:51 PM

You know, when you send some coins into nirvana, they're lost forever - decreasing the supply of said token/coin. Have you ever deliberately burned some of your coins or tokens? What coin was it and why did you do it?
manoj6233

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 12:31:37 PM

What are token burns? Coin burns are, to some extent, similar to share buybacks used in the traditional corporate world. Simply put, listed companies buy back their shares from the market, which in most cases results in the shares' price appreciation as those shares are removed from the circulating supply.
kryptogunner

Activity: 658
Merit: 10

Community Builder and Telegram Moderator

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 12:34:28 PM

I think there are some shitcoins lying in wallet of all of us. I have seen many services where people can transfer those coins to some specific address thereby making their own wallet seemingly clean. But what do you mean by burning? How could a third party burn a coin/ token. I dont think thats possible without tweaking the smart contract

Want growth hack for community or need 24x7 community managememt?

PM here or Telegram @meatulm
BaeNaNa

Activity: 286
Merit: 100

Cryptics

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 12:38:13 PM

I've done it a few times before to clean my wallet out of worthless airdrop tokens, it's just annoying for me to have token that has no value in the wallet so  i send it it burn address. Other than that i see no reason to burn your token unless you are a dev and want to reduce the overall supply of the token itself.

Olatunjex

Activity: 1064
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 02:37:21 PM

You know, when you send some coins into nirvana, they're lost forever - decreasing the supply of said token/coin. Have you ever deliberately burned some of your coins or tokens? What coin was it and why did you do it?
No, i have never burn my token before, countless of shitcoin are sent to my wallet but i am not bothered by those, if you send them or leave it, it won't affect your wallet. By the time you decide to send them back to smart contract/burn (like you said) you are wasting your precious gas mere doing that. It is better to leave them in as much there is no advantage in burning them so to speak.

|     T o n T o g e t h e r     |     Saving Empowers Winning     |
Join Launchpool  >  Jan 10th - Feb 10th
●      T W I T T E R      ●      T E L E G R A M      ●      M E D I U M      ●
Rozita

Activity: 658
Merit: 108

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 02:45:06 PM

I don't think investors or bounty hunters burn their tokens. Even if that's a scam token you have to pay fee for burning and it doesn't worth it.
Developers might burn tokens to decrease the total supply.
ratnawide

Activity: 166
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 02:47:53 PM

although in fact I have some shit coin in my wallet and it is the result of airdrops I actually want to eat the coin but I do not know how to burn the coin
emmmmm

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 02:53:51 PM

I didn't do that. Sad
But I have a lot of wallet addresses forgotten, and there are some altcoin in it, which makes me feel sorry.

blizzard31

Activity: 112
Merit: 13

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 02:58:27 PM

am i the only one who's really not annoyed with those shit tokens in my wallet? its funny but somehow i'm still expecting that someday it would have a value even a cents. so i'm just gonna keep those shitty stuff in my wallet, and i earn some of those from airdrops that i don't really know what happened.
Lagduf

Activity: 1162
Merit: 260

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 03:15:41 PM

I haven't, there was no reason to burn my token. It's the same as burning my money to the nirvana. I have tried to send shit token to the default address and i just try to do that to erase these shit tokens from my wallet because it makes my wallet so ugly dude. As far as i know when you are sending your coin to the default address and it will not decrease the circulating supply and it will be useless,

▄████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
█████                 ▀▀███▄
█████▄                   ▀██▄
███▀███▄                  ███
███  ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ███
███     ▀▀▀▀▀███████████▄▄██▀
███                   ▀▀████
███      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▄█▄
███   ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀██
███ ▄██▀▀                  ██
██████                    ██▀
█████                   ▄██▀
▀████▄       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
 ▀
█████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
billionair
A TOKEN POWERED RAFFLE PLATFORM
IN THE BSC ECOSYSTEM
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▄█████████████████████▄
█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████
███▀ ████████████ ▀████
██  ██████▀▀▀██  █  ███
██  ████▀ ███ ▀███  ███
██  ███▀ █████ ▀██  ███
██  ███▄ █████ ▄██  ███
██  █████ ▀▀▀ ████  ███
██  ██████████████  ███
███▄ ████████████ ▄████
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▄███████▀▀▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████████▄
█████▀  ▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄▄  ▀███████
█████  ▀▀▀              ▀▀▀  █████
███                            ███
██                              ██
██        ████      ████        ██
█        ██████    ██████        █
█         ████      ████         █
█                                █
█      ▀▄▄              ▄▄▀      █
██▄      ▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀      ▄██
███▄▄      ██████████      ▄▄█████
███████▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄█████████
▀████████████████████████████████▀
JOIN AIRDROP
zokora

Activity: 532
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 03:21:02 PM

Why would I do that? I am hacked three times. But I never burned coins on my own. It is ridiculous. I am here to earn money, not burn money.
skyline247

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 07:16:47 PM

I've never burned coins or tokens. I don't even know what that means. Can anyone explain? Lol

As far as I know it's basically when you send a large amount of transactions to just eat them up in fees or soemthing so the remaining tokens can never be used, but I could be wrong. Anyways I leave it to the experts!
crenfrosck

Activity: 470
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 09:11:00 PM

Nope, I have not done it yet mostly because I own tokens that I am interested in. On the other hand, if the project would be unsuccessful, I have no problem to send them away and burn them forever: I do not need tokens that are just trying to fill the space in my wallet Grin. Yeah, I would pay fees for that transactions. I have totally no problem with that. It is worth to get rid out of worthless coins. In my opinion, just as you know how much money do you have in your wallet, you should know what is in your crypto wallet as well and be disciplined here, just like in every other area of our lives.

=====================================================
BILLCRYPT - CREATING HISTORY
=====================================================
nata777

Activity: 336

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 09:13:34 PM

I have never specifically sent a coin to nirvana. And I would never send my coins, but if a big player sends, thus reducing the amount and pinching the price I would gladly revisited
apitico

Activity: 571

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 10:13:10 PM

I haven't burned any tokens or coins so far. To be honest, I didn't even know there was such a way to burn coins. Interesting information.

bttmember

Activity: 938
Merit: 13

AMEPAY

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 10:26:22 PM

What is nirvana and what is their wallet address? please specify all the details, i have few junk, spam or valueless tokens in my wallet but then again if i try to burn them i still have to pay the gas prices myself so i think it will not be worth.

TheSmo

Activity: 280

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 06:40:29 AM

Yes, I'm collecting tokens now, since I believe that you can make a profit precisely because of the tokens of new projects, since these are the most promising coins at the moment...
bobylee

Activity: 294

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 02:59:51 PM

Roll Eyes Lol never ever, i am a poor person i am here to become rich haha.  Wink i have no intention to do this kinda nirvana things. lol so funny.
ronsalwey9874

Activity: 238

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 05:15:08 PM

No, I have not done this ever. There are always some unwanted coins in all wallet. So as I also have some. But I didn't feel to burn it because I have no time to spend behind them. Shocked Shocked
Xelpherpolis

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 05:19:34 PM

I've heard that ERC20 tokens are burned by sending them to a zero wallet. At least this is what project teams do after the ICO is completed - they burn all unsold tokens.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: