Bitcoin Forum
October 23, 2017, 01:06:07 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.0.1  [Torrent]. (New!)

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: only ~2100 khash/s  (Read 7435 times)
muflix

Activity: 5

View Profile
February 25, 2011, 04:20:37 PM

Hello, i have
Intel Core2Duo E6600
2400Mhz (CPUZ shows)

and im only generating 2100 khash/s

is it normal ? can i increase it?

i was looking about poclbm_py2 but i have only GeForce 7950GT with no OpenCL support :x

and next question.. i generated 110400 blocks pretty fast but now it freezed and i got 1 block per xx minutes.. (8connections) what happened..

im new to BitCoins so sorry for newbie asking :-)
thx for reply
The money raised from these ads will be used to pay for improved forum software and other useful stuff.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
theGECK

Activity: 413

View Profile
February 25, 2011, 04:30:00 PM

I'm assuming you're using the official bitcoin program for generating, so 2100kHash/s sounds about right to me. If you want more, you'll need to look into CPU/GPU mining and running the bitcoin client in server mode so you can do that, or look into joining a pool.

As for the blocks, you weren't generating those 11k blocks, you were downloading the block chain. Once you have the entire chain downloaded, you will be downloading a new block ~10 minutes. This is done so that your client can verify which transactions are valid, and which are not. Generating a new block is where new transactions are initially confirmed through a cryptographic process.

Feel free to ask any other questions, or tell me I haven't explained this well enough!

Use my referral codes for Bitcoin faucets and I'll send you 25% of my referral bonus - Win/Win! PM for details on all sites available or use one of the links here.

FreeBitco.in | FreeDoge.co.in
Garrett Burgwardt

Activity: 448

View Profile
February 25, 2011, 04:30:42 PM

Welcome to the forums Smiley

The blocks you say you were 'generating' you were merely downloading from other nodes - that is the block chain that contains the list of all transactions in bitcoin's history.

Odds are you aren't generating anything at only 2100 khash/s, that is rather low, CPU mining is essentially useless at this point, (un)fortunately.

You can use the calculator here: http://www.alloscomp.com/bitcoin/calculator.php

You're watching other people find blocks, not generating them yourself. Though perhaps you've gotten lucky and found one - if so you'll have a credit for 50 bitcoins in your wallet.

muflix

View Profile
February 26, 2011, 11:15:30 AM

Thank you, i turned bitcoin into server mode, but khash/s not changed much so i joined into pool and i have khash ~1100 (jgarzik's CPU miner with cryptopp_asm32 parameter) that seems not bad. But i want to ask, you said im using official bitcoin miner.. that means i can use some unofficial ? I didnt find any.. only some RPC miner.. which if i joined with some my friends PC and we will mine together it will be more effective maybe? :-)

edit:
I find in command line, where im running cpu miner this
Code:
HashMeter(0): 4537024 hashes, 1081.21 khash/sec
PROOF OF WORK RESULT: false (booooo)
HashMeter(0): 5488607 hashes, 1065.69 khash/sec

and after that (im generating coins in bitcoin client too with pool together) khash/s jumped from ~1100 back to ~2100 in default client.. so i think pool stopped work but dont know.
khal

Activity: 538

NamecoinID: id/khal

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2011, 11:50:53 AM

Launch the jgarzik's CPU miner with  "--threads 2" and you should go back to 2x1100khash/sec like that :
HashMeter(0): 4537024 hashes, 1081.21 khash/sec
HashMeter(1): 4537024 hashes, 1042.21 khash/sec

You should not generate in the official client (or server) at the same time of course.

NMC: N1KHAL5C1CRzy58NdJwp1tbLze3XrkFxx9 | NamecoinID: id/khal | Register .bit domain
BTC: 1KHAL8bUjnkMRMg9yd2dNrYnJgZGH8Nj6T | My bitcoin Identity: send messages to bitcoin users
Free bitcoins: Surf4Bitcoin.com | Charity Ad: Make a good deed without paying a cent
xenon481

Activity: 406

View Profile
February 26, 2011, 01:34:42 PM

Since you have an Intel CPU, you should be using the SSE2 CPU Miner, not jgarzik's. It appears the average performance (on Intel chips) is on the order of ~450% of jgarzik's.

http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3486.0

Tips Appreciated: 171TQ2wJg7bxj2q68VNibU75YZB22b7ZDr
pla

Activity: 65

View Profile
February 26, 2011, 02:30:26 PM

Since you have an Intel CPU, you should be using the SSE2 CPU Miner, not jgarzik's. It appears the average performance (on Intel chips) is on the order of ~450% of jgarzik's.

I have a similar setup (same CPU family, don't know the speed offhand) - It gets about twice the performance using the straight CPU miner (PuddinPop's) that it does using the SSE version... And 2100 kh/s sounds about right.

Also, muflix, if you actually hope to mine any Bitcoins, you'll want to join a pool ASAP.  At 2100kh/s, you have basically zero chance of ever getting a block of 50.  For comparison, I have a total of about 5000kh/s contributing to Slush's pool, and I earned my first whole BTC just last night, after almost two weeks of mining.

I don't beg - If I do something to deserve your BTC, you can find my address on the invoice.  Wink
muflix

View Profile
February 27, 2011, 08:06:23 PM

ah ok, so i tried these miners on localhost (no openCL or CUDA)
bitcoin-miner.exe [2 threads using SSE2 - ~5.5 MHash/s]
rpcminer-cpu.exe [2 threads - ~2100 khash/s]
rpcminer-4way.exe [2 threads - ~1300 khash/s]

and its really better thanks Smiley

i tried to join slush's pool mining.bitcoin.cz (right?) but registration there is temporarily closed.. so is there any alternative pools?
Ricochet

Activity: 373

View Profile
February 27, 2011, 08:20:43 PM

Deepbit is also open, though the SSE2 miner ("bitcoin-miner.exe") is not compatible.  You'd have to use the RPC miner or jgarzik's CPU miner.
muflix

View Profile
February 27, 2011, 09:16:34 PM

ok thanks.. deepbit.net works ~2100 khash/s
and i can choose between Proportional and Pay-Per-Share reward
what o you think is better to me (low generating) ? :-)
Ricochet

View Profile
February 27, 2011, 09:20:44 PM

I'm still investigating that myself.  In theory, over an extended period of time, it'll average out to be simply a matter of the service fees associated with each one (3% for proportional, 10% for pay-per-share).  It's a matter of personal preference I guess.
muflix

View Profile
February 27, 2011, 10:26:58 PM

ok thank you i will let it default for now.. and be waiting for open slush's pool Smiley
[Tycho]

Activity: 742

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2011, 11:09:36 PM

Deepbit is also open, though the SSE2 miner ("bitcoin-miner.exe") is not compatible.  You'd have to use the RPC miner or jgarzik's CPU miner.
May be ufasoft will fix his miner soon, i told him about the bug.

Welcome to my bitcoin mining pool: https://deepbit.net - Both payment schemes (including PPS), instant payout, no invalid blocks !
ICBIT Trading platform : USD/BTC futures trading, Bitcoin difficulty futures (NEW!). Third year in bitcoin business.
Ricochet

View Profile
February 27, 2011, 11:28:10 PM

I hope this is the case, as the SSE2 miner gets the best hash rates on my laptop's Core 2 Duo processor.  The more options the better, right? =D
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.