Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 05:54:53 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin In India Under attack :- global community please help  (Read 6833 times)
subvolatil (OP)

Activity: 546
Merit: 501

Cypherpunk and full-time CryptoAnarchist

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 04:19:47 PM

I found these excellent articles on another post, great reading and very true. Your foundation has to be Mission based, each person observing the pool of knowledge, taking and giving to it for others to work with, simply contributors adding insight.

This article is on normal Hierarchys, and how FUD makes them ineffective. 
http://greatestinstruments.net/breaking-down-the-pyramids-that-govern-part-1-of-2/

Another on Emerging Networks and how they approach the same problems
http://greatestinstruments.net/the-rise-of-emergent-networks-part-2-of-2/

A case example on how structures that critique the individual falter over time, compared to Emergent Networks that emphasize solutions.
http://greatestinstruments.net/pyramids-networks-and-the-emergent-weapons-of-cyber-war/

The question becomes how to effectively structure the organization in a Distributed or Decentralized manner around the information/problems/systems that emerge on a day to day basis... Basically, how do you get peoples contributions spread to and from key points?

In larger established organizations these problems are dealt by fine tuning the process with better learning materials and policies... but they often take people to the pinnacle of an organizations practices, without letting individuals mentally understand how they got to that point, hence mistakes are made as those who remember why the policies were put in place retire.

Thank you for your inputs and  information .  i  will make it  so.

We already  have  IRC channel  running on freenode #taproom and  getting  people in it slowly hopefully we can get this ball rolling.
btcrich

Activity: 302
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 04:34:47 PM

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/ahmedabad/Bitcoin-may-be-used-by-hawala-traders-Officials/articleshow/28067184.cms

Looks like The government is starting to demonize bitcoin users.

The bureaucrats in india is like the Vogons. regulation will take about another year and  they will try to get  people the bribe them for favorable licensing and deny licence to any one  that goes through the proper channel .
They are looking at this as a centralized currency base and must be looking for  satoshi to arrest. lol

"Mahendra Gupta had developed software for a bitcoin trading platform for an Australian company and accepted payments in bitcoins. He later developed a replica of the same platform and began trading in India. During the raid, 13 bitcoins worth Rs 6 lakh were recovered from Gupta's possession."

I wonder which one of the now hacked and defunct exchanges he developed.  Shocked
Kenshin

Activity: 280

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 04:39:24 PM

I read today that RBI, don't want to regulate Virtual Currencies. What is their problem? If they are not going to regulate it why stirring it up? Not to mention, the Indian government is corrupt as hell anyway. All my Indian friends told me.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 1217

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 04:57:00 PM

I read today that RBI, don't want to regulate Virtual Currencies. What is their problem? If they are not going to regulate it why stirring it up? Not to mention, the Indian government is corrupt as hell anyway. All my Indian friends told me.

They are not going to regulate it. They are going to ban it. That is the problem. The nutcase RBI director was saying something like: Bitcoins are being used for money laundering... so we should arrest everyone who is having BTCs with them. This is the attitude.  Huh
niothor

Activity: 826

in defi we trust

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 08:02:09 PM

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/ahmedabad/Bitcoin-may-be-used-by-hawala-traders-Officials/articleshow/28067184.cms

The bureaucrats in india is like the Vogons. regulation will take about another year and  they will try to get  people the bribe them for favorable licensing and deny licence to any one  that goes through the proper channel .
They are looking at this as a centralized currency base and must be looking for  satoshi to arrest. lol

"Mahendra Gupta had developed software for a bitcoin trading platform for an Australian company and accepted payments in bitcoins. He later developed a replica of the same platform and began trading in India. During the raid, 13 bitcoins worth Rs 6 lakh were recovered from Gupta's possession."

I wonder which one of the now hacked and defunct exchanges he developed.  Shocked

Tell me this wasn't the biggest exchanger in India. Probably 2nd or third.

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
subvolatil (OP)

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 08:57:12 PM

This was  a manual exchange ,  India  still does not a   a  fully functioning exchange market with automatic trade matching. 

I think it was CryptoXchange in Australia
undeadbitcoiner

Activity: 896
Merit: 272

Undeadbitcoiner Will not DIE until 1BTC=50K

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2013, 01:18:54 AM

They are not going to regulate it. They are going to ban it. That is the problem. The nutcase RBI director was saying something like: Bitcoins are being used for money laundering... so we should arrest everyone who is having BTCs with them. This is the attitude.  Huh
If these Fuckers actually want to fight with Bitcoin and Bitcoin holders then they will never know anything. Either india will be the worlds only country without internet or they will be unsuccess. But if they want to actually track bitcoin then they must regulate one law for bitcoin and all VC so they can track. If they will not bring one rule then how they are going to track the transaction?
Recent unconfirmed news (Few Indians are now Active in Bangladesh and Bhutan even asking to buy in US, EU for buying Bitcoin) so who the hell could track?
If there was ligal option in India noone buy or sell from other country so Indian Authority could Track.

battlescars

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 01:32:13 AM

The government of india should be absolutely embarrassed by this movement, and i will never support it because of this.
Many governments feel threatened about bitcoin and they want to have complete control, but more importantly they want people
to be sheep.

bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 1217

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 10:46:00 AM

Bad news for you. His exchange was the only reliable local bitcoin exchange in India. However, most of the Indian trade takes place through foreign exchanges (Mt Gox, Bitstamp.etc) or through localbitcoins.
cryptocoinsnews

Activity: 299

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2013, 01:12:26 PM

Just made a post about the stories here: http://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/2013/12/31/india-attacking-bitcoin-calls-us-bitcoin-gang/

/David Parker, Director of CCN
subvolatil (OP)

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 07:07:28 AM

Thanks for the story :-)
Raghnar

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 06:06:02 PM

Yes India sounds like a crappy place to live but most everywhere else is pretty bad too.  There are certainly some countries that are better than others though.  But this type of oppression is the only thing that can effectively kill the growth of bitcoin around the world and it probably will.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 07:51:19 PM

Yes India sounds like a crappy place to live but most everywhere else is pretty bad too.  There are certainly some countries that are better than others though.  But this type of oppression is the only thing that can effectively kill the growth of bitcoin around the world and it probably will.

Nah, it won't kill kill Bitcoin. In fact, it not really even a bad thing. Many governments are just telling their people that they won't protect them if they get scammed by virtual currencies. Only one country so far has made a statement publicly that they will protect their citizens from being harmed by virtual currencies. 

nodroids

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 10:55:12 PM

Only one gov has declared their "protection"?.. India the protectorate!
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: