Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 02:09:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Seriously guys, why?  (Read 4889 times)
sd

Activity: 730
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 24, 2011, 08:28:54 PM

Sympathizing more with the rich?  Do you truly hate your parents or something?

You are arguing with a sociopath. He is not going to change so you might as well ignore him.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
the joint (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
August 24, 2011, 10:36:15 PM

You are arguing with a sociopath. He is not going to change so you might as well ignore him.

Word.
helloworld

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 25, 2011, 12:59:12 AM

I come from a very poor family. My mum is bankrupt and my dad struggles from week to week. I barely make the mortgage payments each month.

Just because I sympathize more with the rich, doesn't mean I'm rich (yet).

I just have bigger ambitions that most, and $4m doesn't cut it, sorry.

I'd rather take a chance at $40m knowing I took a chance, and didn't cut and run when it got a bit scary, even if that means I never even make 4.

...Wow dude.  I think you've blown my mind.  Do you like being this stupid?

I love it.

Sucks wishing for things you don't have, doesn't it?  I suggest you reconsider how far your thinking has actually gotten you financially...

It doesn't suck at all, it's called goal setting. And it's gotten me very far since I actually have a house to live in now, instead of a cardboard box. Next step, bigger house.
RandyFolds

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 25, 2011, 01:11:32 AM

I come from a very poor family. My mum is bankrupt and my dad struggles from week to week. I barely make the mortgage payments each month.

Just because I sympathize more with the rich, doesn't mean I'm rich (yet).

I just have bigger ambitions that most, and $4m doesn't cut it, sorry.

I'd rather take a chance at $40m knowing I took a chance, and didn't cut and run when it got a bit scary, even if that means I never even make 4.

...Wow dude.  I think you've blown my mind.  Do you like being this stupid?

I love it.

When I grow up, I'm gonna have a spaceship, and a castle, and a horse, and a boat, and a fighter jet, and a ferrari, and a blond wife with fake tits, and a jetski, and no one is gonna tell me what to do.

Sucks wishing for things you don't have, doesn't it?  I suggest you reconsider how far your thinking has actually gotten you financially...

It doesn't suck at all, it's called goal setting. And it's gotten me very far since I actually have a house to live in now, instead of a cardboard box. Next step, bigger house.

hashman
Legendary

Activity: 1264
Merit: 1008

View Profile
September 09, 2011, 01:51:39 AM

Honestly, I wonder why some random miner from 2009 with 400k Bitcoin HASN'T sold everything.  I think he's a fantastically huge idiot if he hasn't done so already.  Seriously...being an early adopter is like finding a million dollars superglued to the sidewalk (gotta do a little thinking to get it off the sidewalk without destroying it, but you're a moron to let it sit there without doing anything about it).

Why would you sell for $4 million if you can potentially sell it for $40 million next year?

Coz you're impatient, and scared.

Why would you buy a 50$ on a 250 GB hard drive when it will get you a TB next year? 
ama

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2011, 10:17:21 AM

In my opinion, aside from it being incredibly obvious that all these alternative cryptocurrencies are made with the sole intention of making their creators rich (jealous of Satoshi much?), I think you guys should stick with one digital cryptocurrency, max.  Given its relatively short life-span and the number of unresolved problems associated with it, we can't even call Bitcoin a success yet, although I'm sure those who have profited significantly would be quick to call Bitcoin a success.  At least, it's not a success when compared to fiat currency which has its security and economy in tact.

Thank you for your advice of sticking with one virtual currency max.  None is also fine, right?

Seriously, I think we are in a very exciting moment and, instead of enjoying it and learning from all that it's happening, some guys just keep rambling and bashing other people and their ideas.  I think it's good that there are alternatives, whether they are good and they'll survive and get somewhere or they are just a mean for specullation for some time, or even if they serve just as experimentation and learning from their mistakes.  Please enjoy the exciting things that are happening whether you stick to one or more currencies, or none at all and you are mere spectator.

For the moment, I'll enjoy and play with all of them.  Why?  Because I can, I want, and I find it fun!   Grin

Do you agree?  Then, buy me a Bitcoffee, or a Namecoffee, or a Solidcoffee...

Bitcoffee: 18NMyRMSkCjk8FnmdfAuxbuSSET4ASwBL5
Namecoffee: NGipxi4iP1w5RDcnAHRT8SJGLmhuW2UTcU
Solidcoffee: sfM6waFsUoM1NK7aWUoNY1Frv8eXTxekdr
ixcoffee: xrHT3DJ1oTa6Ctfyk4p9RAZYLT23rjNz2a
i0coffe: jSvs637hZTCZBLph3ETPnKL3KXQ9hw9ZhB
amacoffee: aWaitForIt79847589498hr3fh873hf87h3
AnyOtherRandomCoffeeSources: also accepted!

MonkeySlapFest

Activity: 180
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 06:09:41 PM

I also dont agree with where this thread is heading
notlasttrain

Activity: 168

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 07:15:36 PM

I don't like the name. It is similar with one project on the market and I have not good memories about it because I lost my money then
ambeo

Activity: 210

W12 – Blockchain protocol

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 05:33:31 PM

In my opinion, aside from it being incredibly obvious that all these alternative cryptocurrencies are made with the sole intention of making their creators rich (jealous of Satoshi much?), I think you guys should stick with one digital cryptocurrency, max.  Given its relatively short life-span and the number of unresolved problems associated with it, we can't even call Bitcoin a success yet, although I'm sure those who have profited significantly would be quick to call Bitcoin a success.  At least, it's not a success when compared to fiat currency which has its security and economy in tact.

Sometimes I wonder how often the members of this community realize how much they marginalize their selves.  Everyone's clients/miners/exchanges are ridiculously difficult to use for the average person, and if these issues still exist with the Google of digital cryptocurrencies (i.e. Bitcoin), how do you expect these other silly currencies with dumb names to work (town coin?  GTFO)?

I think all these cryptocurrencies give the Bitcoin community a bad name.  I think it perpetuates the 'geekiness' of Bitcoin -- imagine the average joe coming on here and then reading about namecoin, solid coin, IOcoin, selfish coin, nerd coin, haven't-gotten-laid-since-2009-coin...all these currencies give the impression we're all just a bunch of greedy fucks with no long-term vision of communal success.  If people put half as much time into stimulating the Bitcoin economy as they did devilishly programming their own cryptocurrency code, maybe at least one of these currencies would have a shot (again, i.e. Bitcoin).

Quit marginalizing the community.  Bitcoin is the only one that has a shot at mainstream popularity, so quit marginalizing the community with all this nerd crap like alternative cryptocurrencies, the word "troll" (Jesus Christ I hate when people say troll, and grandma does too), ridiculous clients and miners, etc.  People like simplicity. This complexity isn't cool.  It's chilly.  And chilly ain't never been cool.
hey, that's interesting suggestion! i agree that people tend to choose the least complicated way with pretty much everything, but they also love to have a choice or at least an illusion of it.

W12.io  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Blockchain protocol
Built F O R :    ❤ Charity Market    ⚫ ICO    ֆ CROWDFUNDING
[https://tokensale.w12.io/]
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: