Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 05:14:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Open letter to Bruce Wagner  (Read 12043 times)
The_Duke

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

Lead Core BitKitty Developer

View Profile
August 25, 2011, 12:14:17 PM

What WILL come.....  as a direct result of this Conference....   is going to blow YOUR minds.....   and knock your alpaca socks off!   

.......much sooner than you think!

You were just mocking yourself, right? Just imitating how you sounded before the failed conference. right? RIGHT? Please tell me you didn't mean it serious?

You sound like:

The conference was a SUCCESS! I repeat there are NO FAILURES in our CONFERENCE!

NOT a member of the so called ''Bitcoin Foundation''. Choose Independence!

Donate to the BitKitty Foundation instead! -> 1Fd4yLneGmxRHnPi6WCMC2hAMzaWvDePF9 <-

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Grouver (BtcBalance)

Activity: 530
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2011, 12:21:09 PM

Stop with the fucking images okay?
There not funny and take alot of space.

The_Duke

View Profile
August 25, 2011, 12:24:06 PM

Stop with the fucking images okay?
There not funny and take alot of space.

They take up less space than all the ... dots bruce is using Wink

Donate to the BitKitty Foundation instead! -> 1Fd4yLneGmxRHnPi6WCMC2hAMzaWvDePF9 <-
N12
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1010

View Profile
August 25, 2011, 04:13:36 PM

When we have something wonderful to promote...   Believe Me...   I do know how to get the Press' attention.    But we don't.    We're not ready.    The Press shows up when there is something newsworthy....  like ants at a picnic.

But we don't. 
Then stop deceiving the public with claims like this one:

And the ANNOUNCEMENTS that are going to happen on Saturday.....   The Bitcoin World will be a-buzz.....

We decided for sure last night.  OnlyOneTV will be making a HUGE HUGE HUGE announcement at the Conference.   One you're all gonna be VERY excited about... when you hear it.  I can't say now.  It's a surprise.   But I will say it during my opening speech on Saturday morning.   :-)

Actually, we'll be announcing another super exciting thing at the Conference too.   I'm not really sure which one more people will be excited about.   Probably Both.   Both of these things will change the Bitcoin world immediately!

Oh, and those are only my OWN announcements...  I'm also privy to some major announcements to be made at the Conference by major vendors also.   They're gonna Rock your World too!!

And now comes this:
What WILL come.....  as a direct result of this Conference....   is going to blow YOUR minds.....   and knock your alpaca socks off!   

ಠ_ರೃ
defxor

Activity: 530
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 25, 2011, 05:44:01 PM

As much as I'd love to call up my buddies at TED and tell them to sign me for a presentation on Bitcoin

One of the great things with global forums is that there's always someone more connected than yourself. I'm very impressed by the above, knowing very well how TED speakers are selected. You cannot possible be a "Matthew N. Wright" Smiley

Gerken

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 25, 2011, 05:59:35 PM

Matthew tends to "misrepresent" himself and his associations so I wouldn't read too much into that. 

Otoh
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1105

View Profile
August 25, 2011, 09:53:39 PM

When we have something wonderful to promote...   Believe Me...   I do know how to get the Press' attention.    But we don't.    We're not ready.    The Press shows up when there is something newsworthy....  like ants at a picnic.

But we don't.
Then stop deceiving the public with claims like this one:

And the ANNOUNCEMENTS that are going to happen on Saturday.....   The Bitcoin World will be a-buzz.....

We decided for sure last night.  OnlyOneTV will be making a HUGE HUGE HUGE announcement at the Conference.   One you're all gonna be VERY excited about... when you hear it.  I can't say now.  It's a surprise.   But I will say it during my opening speech on Saturday morning.   :-)

Actually, we'll be announcing another super exciting thing at the Conference too.   I'm not really sure which one more people will be excited about.   Probably Both.   Both of these things will change the Bitcoin world immediately!

Oh, and those are only my OWN announcements...  I'm also privy to some major announcements to be made at the Conference by major vendors also.   They're gonna Rock your World too!!

And now comes this:
What WILL come.....  as a direct result of this Conference....   is going to blow YOUR minds.....   and knock your alpaca socks off!  

ಠ_ರೃ

+1

B S Wagner - buy the rumour, sell the lack of news

BTC = $c²     My BTC addie = 1otohotohMoQoxHuxLBveQiZcV3Pji3Tc 
Bitstamp Exchange: Referal Code
CHARITY | MY REP | PREDICTION 1 | PREDICTION 2 | PREDICTION 3
bitplane

Activity: 321

Firstbits: 1gyzhw

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2011, 01:45:03 AM

I agree with everything you said, Bruce, except I disagree completely about where the 'REAL magic" happened.  In my opinion, and I assume in the opinions of many of those who did not attend the conference, the real magic didn't happen at all.
I figured that the whole idea of such a conference to meet like-minded people and forge real relationships with them, people don't go to TED or Defcon or even Comic-Con for the media coverage. The press turn up when lots of interesting news is likely to come out of the conference, they won't waste their time turning up to something unproven. If your unrealistic expectations cause you disappointment then try aligning them more closely with reality.
someotherguy

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 26, 2011, 02:17:54 AM

It was disappointing, reading Bruce's post about the event weeks in advance, media coverage, the live streaming, etc.  And seeing the aftermath, I must say I wish he would have delivered on the expectations he set by those statements.

I understand it was the first, low budget, not sure how many would come, and all that.  I get that it is a high risk financially, and he is likely to lose money, but he knew that going in (or should have).

Hopefully, he learned some lessons and will make a greater attempt to deliver on his statements to the public in the future.
julz
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 26, 2011, 02:25:10 AM

Lack of media coverage -  not so surprising.. they're not there to feed every interest group's hype.
No streaming - somewhat disappointing.
Keynote recording with unintelligible audio  -  Well that's a big fail from an outfit with 'tv' in the name.

Anything that can be said about this last point without using swear words - is altogether too kind.

@electricwings   BM-GtyD5exuDJ2kvEbr41XchkC8x9hPxdFd
btcmerchant

Activity: 60

btcmerchant

View Profile
August 26, 2011, 02:31:07 AM

I mirror all of the concerns and criticisms that everyone else has regarding this conference.

Rather than spending time, money, and effort on getting a bunch of bitcoin enthusiasts together to pat each other on the back and chat with each other, I think a better course of action is to appeal to people that aren't already in the bitcoin community.

AFTER the currency has rooted itself with the masses then there should be large scale developer conferences but there's no point in discussing all these great ideas if the general public doesn't even know what bitcoin is.

I applaud the effort, but let's not jump the shark just yet.
Christian Pezza

Activity: 154

View Profile
August 26, 2011, 02:47:19 AM

I am available to host a meeting in LA anytime and set up a streaming too!

If you like this tread consider to donate some to https://bitcointalk.org/donate.html
EconomicOracle

Activity: 71

I can predict the future! Bitcoin will success!!!!

View Profile
August 26, 2011, 03:19:15 AM

Bruce is a hero. Thank you for the successful conference. Thank you Bruce!!! Bruce Wagner: Hero Member
 Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Grin Wink Smiley Cool Shocked Grin Grin Cheesy Wink Cool

I can't wait for more OnlyOneTV webisodes bitcoinisodes!!  Cool Cool Cool Cool Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

GOOOOOOOOOOO BITCOINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Edit: Oops. Just fixed a typo. It should be GO (like GO TEAM!) and not GOOB
Edit2: Just checked the dictionary and goob is not a word
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2011, 04:07:43 AM

Bruce is a hero. Thank you for the successful conference. Thank you Bruce!!! Bruce Wagner: Hero Member
 Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Grin Wink Smiley Cool Shocked Grin Grin Cheesy Wink Cool

I can't wait for more OnlyOneTV webisodes bitcoinisodes!!  Cool Cool Cool Cool Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

I thought you were serious until I saw the 5th emoticon in your post.

I've had this image problem since I was 16 when a farmer told me to stop doing what I was doing in the middle of his bean field. I thought I found the perfect spot the year before when it was a corn field. My image was destroyed by that farmer. Even since then, I've been in search of the Image Grail. I'm cursed till I find it.

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
MemoryDealers
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1052
Merit: 1105

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2011, 06:04:00 AM

As someone who flew to the conference all the way from Tokyo,  I can say that the conference was a HUGE success.  
I don't regret attending at all.
I'm sorry there was not live streaming on the web,  but that doesn't change the fact that there was am amazing amount of collaboration that went on at the conference.  I was especially impressed with the Bitcoin ATM information,  the BTCinch.com and bit-pay.com guys.
They have some awesome tools in the works.  I met so many sharp minds,  and so many new Bitcoin ideas were created.

In short,   the conference was a huge success for everyone who attended,  and I am more excited about Bitcoin's future than ever before.

The_Duke

View Profile
August 26, 2011, 06:10:57 AM

As someone who flew to the conference all the way from Tokyo,  I can say that the conference was a HUGE success.

Life must be so great if your definition of "HUGE success" is met by the result of the Bruce Wagner party Cheesy

FlipPro
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1015

View Profile
August 26, 2011, 06:12:25 AM

I don't regret attending at all.
I'm sorry there was not live streaming on the web,  but that doesn't change the fact that there was am amazing amount of collaboration that went on at the conference.  I was especially impressed with the Bitcoin ATM information,  the BTCinch.com and bit-pay.com guys.
They have some awesome tools in the works.  I met so many sharp minds,  and so many new Bitcoin ideas were created.

In short,   the conference was a huge success for everyone who attended,  and I am more excited about Bitcoin's future than ever before.
Good post.

You guys are also forgetting that this took place in the aftermath of a huge hacking that affected Bruce PERSONALLY and probably still is since he only got back half his Bitcoins from (myBitcoin). I will reiterate my statements in hopes to shoo the filthy trolls away.

Could things have been a bit better for us webfolks who were so eagerly trying to get a glimpse of the conference? Yes.

Was the conference a failure? Of course not, and anyone going around harping that it was total failure is just fishing for lawls.
The_Duke

View Profile
August 26, 2011, 06:18:18 AM

Can we please stop calling it a conference? It's like calling my daughter's pink tricycle a Harley.

It was not a conference. It was just a forum meeting in a rented location where people did meet's & greets, shared stories, had a beer and a laugh. That's it and nothing more. Any big forum, on-line club, warcraft guild, hobbyclub and treehuggers-united has done the same already. Most of them just aren't nerdy enough to pretend it is a conference and have imaginary media coverage for it.

N12
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1010

View Profile
August 26, 2011, 06:50:27 AM

You guys are also forgetting that this took place in the aftermath of a huge hacking that affected Bruce PERSONALLY and probably still is since he only got back half his Bitcoins from (myBitcoin). I will reiterate my statements in hopes to shoo the filthy trolls away.
You are forgetting that he purchased those for 0.x USD anyway, so his financial situation should still be pretty damn good. You also are ignoring that he should be considered pretty damn lucky that he even got 49% back from an anonymous guy on the internet.

Also, I wouldn’t even mind if he wouldn’t be hyping things AGAIN: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=38747.msg479911#msg479911
FlipPro
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1015

View Profile
August 26, 2011, 07:02:34 AM

You are forgetting that he purchased those for 0.x USD anyway, so his financial situation should still be pretty damn good. You also are ignoring that he should be considered pretty damn lucky that he even got 49% back from an anonymous guy on the internet.

Also, I wouldn’t even mind if he wouldn’t be hyping things AGAIN: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=38747.msg479911#msg479911
It's his job to promote events. What is your ultimate wish for him, to quit what he's doing? That's what everyone wants because the world is full of haters, and I am sure Bruce is well aware of this. If he wasn't he wouldn't be in the industry that he is in. Media is a fierce industry with tons of competition and money controlling everything, and sometimes your own fans are the ones who want you to fail the most. I think what he is doing is admirable and he should continue to fight for the community, and never settle for anyone.

No one else is planning conferences!

This is an OPEN SOURCE PROJECT.

Anyone can have a damn conference if they are good enough at getting people to go. However, I promise you that 99% of the people in this forum would not have been able to get the same turnout of people that Bruce was able to get to that CONVENTION in New York. Being in the marketing field I know how hard it is to get people to one place, especially when it's something as new and unknown as Bitcoin. I think we could have had better turn out, but either way for it being the first year, it was truly amazing that Bruce was able to organize all this with very little staff, and it only shows how much potential Bitcoins really have in bringing people together. People flew from all over the world to be in New York at Bruce's conference, so obviously he did something that most of the people here would have never been able to do.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: